PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Griffin

yo123
12-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Is it just me or has he really stepped his game up lately? The last 3 or 4 weeks it seems like he's done a pretty good job. Does you guys think he still need to be replaced?

Dr. Gonzo
12-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Is it just me or has he really stepped his game up lately? The last 3 or 4 weeks it seems like he's done a pretty good job. Does you guys think he still need to be replaced?

At this point I think we need to go CB fairly early in the draft. I think training camp should decide whether he is replaced or not. I would much rather draft a guy who can one day take over for Winfield, possibly take over for Griffin right away, or add some much need depth at the position.

General Zod
12-23-2008, 11:19 AM
We do need more depth if anything else. And for some reason Childress has something against Marcus McCauley and giving him some actual playing time on the field. He has always looked good in oppertunities hes had. Idk, maybe if he grew a mustache or something.

vikes_28
12-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Depth is needed a lot. Griffen is not the answer to our problems with Winfield getting older. Charles Gordon wasn't real bad.

Benny Sapp absolutely needs to go. He gets pissy when he is on the field and is a cocky son of a ______(Fill in the blank)

djp
12-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Griffin is still bad... he's just making less boneheaded plays lately.

We need a CB in the first 3 rounds.

General Zod
12-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Agreed.

I liked Griffin a lot better at nickel, and he seemed to play well in that spot.

yo123
12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
This thread can be deleted. He ******* blows.

russie
12-28-2008, 04:00 PM
This thread can be deleted. He ******* blows.

well, hopefully vontae davis can drop to them in the draft

DHVF
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
well, hopefully vontae davis can drop to them in the draft
Why vontae? He doesn't really fit into the cover 2 at all. I'd much prefer Alphonso Smith.

russie
12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Why vontae? He doesn't really fit into the cover 2 at all. I'd much prefer Alphonso Smith.

why vontae?

personal favorite? third favorite college? plus maybe we need more of a cover corner instead of just another cover 2 corner

Texas Homer
03-14-2009, 02:38 PM
I know it won't be a shock to see me touting Ced Griffin, but he is one of the most physical CB's in the league.

djp
03-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I know it won't be a shock to see me touting Ced Griffin, but he is one of the most physical CB's in the league.

No he's not. He's a god awful cornerback with a ton of talent who doesn't do a thing with it.

purplepat
03-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I think Griffin really turned the corner in the second half of last season. No, he's not a shut down corner, but he wasn't a liability in the secondary.

That said, I still think the Vikings should draft a CB in the first two rounds. This is the last year of Winfield's contract; who knows if they will re-sign him and he's not getting any younger. A CB in the first two rounds will be a good insurance policy in case we lose Winfield after this season, and at worst will probably upgrade our nickel back position.

marshallb
03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
I think Griffin really turned the corner in the second half of last season. No, he's not a shut down corner, but he wasn't a liability in the secondary.

That said, I still think the Vikings should draft a CB in the first two rounds. This is the last year of Winfield's contract; who knows if they will re-sign him and he's not getting any younger. A CB in the first two rounds will be a good insurance policy in case we lose Winfield after this season, and at worst will probably upgrade our nickel back position.

The CB crop this year is extremely deep, and quality players can be had as late as the 5th round imo. CBs like Macho, Mickens, Barnes, and Martin, all of whom imo fit our system well likely will be available in the 3rd round or possibly in the case of some the 4th.

BlueBandit24
03-17-2009, 09:55 AM
The CB crop this year is extremely deep, and quality players can be had as late as the 5th round imo. CBs like Macho, Mickens, Barnes, and Martin, all of whom imo fit our system well likely will be available in the 3rd round or possibly in the case of some the 4th.

I'd probably rather wait a little while as well unless there is great value at the position early on. All the guys you mentioned should be good fits, and if I'm not mistaken Cover 2 teams seldom take corners in the first, I believe Marlin Jackson and Leodis Mckelvin are the only two or two of only a handful. We do need depth and a potential difference maker back there but those could be had early in the 2nd day.

General Zod
03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
I will say that the last 8 games of the season his play did improve. Id still like up to bring in another DB for depth and to challenge him. I really thought he did a good job at nickel his rookie year. I think it suits him better.

BUC backer
03-18-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd probably rather wait a little while as well unless there is great value at the position early on. All the guys you mentioned should be good fits, and if I'm not mistaken Cover 2 teams seldom take corners in the first, I believe Marlin Jackson and Leodis Mckelvin are the only two or two of only a handful. We do need depth and a potential difference maker back there but those could be had early in the 2nd day.

aqib talib

vikes_28
03-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Cedric Griffen ftw!