PDA

View Full Version : Connor Barwin

HellonEarth84
12-25-2008, 05:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COsA-DWCLtw&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI6SCbqaHGE&feature=channel

6'3.5 - 255lbs - Cincinnati

Played TE last year but has been moved to DE and has looked excellent. Can rush the passer and tips a lot of passes. Former basketball player. Athletic and great instincts.

Definitely in the "underrated" category right now. I think he gets drafted in late rd2-early3rd and ends up being a huge steal.

Comparison: Mike Vrabel

sbh15
12-25-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm guessing you compared him to Vrabel because he's white, but he looks far more rangy and quick that any Mike Vrabel I remember.

D-Unit
12-25-2008, 10:23 AM
He impressed me a lot when he played Hawaii. Then again... most any player in the nation looks impressive against Hawaii... :(

Seriously, he has a non stop motor and pretty solid talent.

themaninblack
12-25-2008, 10:26 AM
The thing I like about Connor is that he is not only a really good athlete with a great motor, but he is just tapping into his potential as a defensive player. If he goes to a team where he won't have to start right away and is given the opportunity to develop he could be a great player in the nfl.

SenorGato
12-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Anyone else seeing a little of David Pollack in him?

I really like this guys athleticism. He'll need development time at the NFL level, but he plays with power, speed, and brains...I like it...he's yet another strong 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB prospect in this draft.

sbh15
12-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Anyone else seeing a little of David Pollack in him?

I really like this guys athleticism. He'll need development time at the NFL level, but he plays with power, speed, and brains...I like it...he's yet another strong 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB prospect in this draft.

He looked extremely fast in that tape for a big guy, I think he could be a great 3-4 OLB kind of guy.

derza222
12-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Not only fast but he looked relatively fluid as well, which could come from his background on offense and playing basketball. Obviously he'll have to work out there some for teams but doesn't look like he'd have problems with being really stiff like Gholston has as an example. Seems pretty intriguing as a guy to develop as a 3-4 OLB but he certainly doesn't look like he needs to move there and could certainly be fine at end.

regoob2
12-25-2008, 01:32 PM
I dont see him in a 4-3 unless its at SLB or an occasional rush DE. He has far more value to a 3-4 team imo.

HellonEarth84
12-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm guessing you compared him to Vrabel because he's white, but he looks far more rangy and quick that any Mike Vrabel I remember.

He's versatile and could play OLB, DE, or TE. That's why I compared him to Vrabel. He also physically LOOKS similar to Vrabel, and would be an ideal OLB 3-4 conversion like Vrabel was. Barwin also has good hands and instincts like a Vrabel. Non stop motor

energizerbunny
12-25-2008, 05:47 PM
he has great length and a phenomenal first step.

sbh15
12-25-2008, 07:19 PM
He's versatile and could play OLB, DE, or TE. That's why I compared him to Vrabel. He also physically LOOKS similar to Vrabel, and would be an ideal OLB 3-4 conversion like Vrabel was. Barwin also has good hands and instincts like a Vrabel. Non stop motor

There are plenty of other players who can play both 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE that compare more favorably to Barwin than Mike Vrabel. Barwin looks so much quicker than Vrabel ever has in my opinion.

Mr. Stiller
12-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Barwin is a rich mans Trevor Scott.

CantStopGregJones
12-27-2008, 02:27 PM
I've been talking himup all year...now people just want to be trendy and pimp him too.

Barwin is more like James Harrison than Mike Vrable

Bob Sacamano
12-27-2008, 05:37 PM
I think Connor could be the next Junior Seau

regoob2
12-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I've been talking himup all year...now people just want to be trendy and pimp him too.

Barwin is more like James Harrison than Mike VrableBarwin is nothing like Harrison.

CantStopGregJones
12-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Barwin is nothing like Harrison.

Go crawl under a hole where you can hang out with things that know as much about football as you, heck maybe some of those bugs might even know more. Heaven for bid someone compares a white guy and a black guy. :rolleyes:

OneToughGame
12-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Go crawl under a hole where you can hang out with things that know as much about football as you, heck maybe some of those bugs might even know more. Heaven for bid someone compares a white guy and a black guy. :rolleyes:

"Heaven forbid" a guy criticize your comparison that's dead wrong in many ways other then skin color.