PDA

View Full Version : 3 Round Mock (Version 1)

Thomas7399
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi all, here is my three round mock draft:

http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/Thomas7399.aspx

Please let me know what you think......thanks!

EDIT: Quick word....I would have the Lions trading down and drafting LaRon Landry, but it wont let me trade, so I took a safe pick.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Branch over Gaines.

JT Jag
03-03-2007, 08:48 PM
One horrible pick, one good pick, one "eh" pick (in order).

THE JAGS WON'T DRAFT A CORNERBACK. Give us Michael Griffin since the top 2 are off the board. Safety is a big need, and I think he offers more value then most of us think.

I'm cool with Beason, but the team would also seriously consider Jason Hill.

Buster Davis is a good player, but he doesn't fit the Jaguars system. I'd take Steve Smith, who's great value there. Tim Crowder would be the pick if he fell just a bit further and Jason Hill had been the selection in the 2nd.

Thomas7399
03-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I'll give it to you, Rashean Mathis is one of the best CB's in the league......

....however, CB #2 (whether it be Brian Williams, Ahmad Carroll, or whoever else you want to put in there) is not very strong. Brian Williams had one pick last season and well Ahmad Carroll didnt see much action after week four courtesy Donovan McNabb.

The Buster Davis pick was partly a product of the fact that he played his college ball not too far down the road.

I like the criticsm but ya know I gotta defend my picks :)

T-RICH49
03-03-2007, 09:12 PM
give KC Barber in RD 3 because we need someone to take over for Shields should he retire

bills_red
03-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Why draft a T when we picked up 2 guys that can play T and have 2 R last year that will compete for the job. Don't get it.

PalmerToCJ
03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Terrible Bengals 1st rounder. I'd rather take Marshawn Lynch, the most likely pick though I think would be Michael Griffin.

Round 2 Chris Houston would be a virtual lock for us.

RaiderNation
03-03-2007, 09:25 PM
give us kalil in the 3rd and u would get a A+. a B overal for that though

49erfaithful
03-03-2007, 09:43 PM
The niners draft gets a B. I would like them to take a WR in second but otherwise pretty good

JT Jag
03-03-2007, 10:03 PM
I'll give it to you, Rashean Mathis is one of the best CB's in the league......

....however, CB #2 (whether it be Brian Williams, Ahmad Carroll, or whoever else you want to put in there) is not very strong. Brian Williams had one pick last season and well Ahmad Carroll didnt see much action after week four courtesy Donovan McNabb.

The Buster Davis pick was partly a product of the fact that he played his college ball not too far down the road.

I like the criticsm but ya know I gotta defend my picks :)Brian Williams did just fine. He didn't make many plays, but he didn't give up many. The team ended up #10 in the league in pass defense, the 8th-best team in the league the league defending "#1 wide receivers", TOPS IN THE LEAGUE in the league defending "#2 wide receivers", and 2nd in the league defending 3rd-5th wideouts. The team could stand improving its depth some and may take a flier on someone late in the draft, but it doesn't need new starters.

Ahmad Carrol finished the season as the 6th cornerback on the Jaguars depth chart, and never saw a defensive snap. The Jaguars use him strictly as a special-teamer, which he's good at because of his speed getting down the field. Suffice to say, he's not in the defense's long-term plans.

Beans
03-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Solid Bucs draft.

Finlayson56
03-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Bad Cowboys draft
it should go
#1 Brandon Meriweather because Nelson and Landry are gone
#2 We go gaurd
#3 back up QB

etk
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Great Bucs mock. One problem though. Kalil in the 3rd would make this the ultimate Bucs mock of the year. CJ, Meriweather, Abiamiri & Kalil would all be literally perfect picks and my favourite players.

I'll give it an A anyway, and Kalil would never slip that far so I'm not gonna act as if I'm disappointed.

rainbeaukid2
03-03-2007, 10:30 PM
okoye is a bad fit for the niners D, and with the signing of clements i doubt the niners go CB in the second. i like the harris pick though

scar988
03-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Landry - good pick
Siler - horrible pick. we will not waste a first day pick on a LB our starters are all very good in Brooking, Williams and Boley. we need a DE, RB or OL here and woudl get either Charles Johnson or go BPA and get CB Chris Houston and have a defensive backfield of Hall, Houston, Williams and Landry.
Ramirez - great pick

Caddy
03-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Calvin Johnson - Great pick
Brandon Merriweather - Great pick
Victor Abiamiri - Great pick
Josh Wilson - Good pick

That is a very good draft

TACKLE
03-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Branch over Gaines.

The Redskins only had a pathetic 19 sacks last year. They need a pass rusher on the outside.

Thomas7399
03-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all of your replies......let me see if I can address my reasoning towards some of the criticism.

T-RICH49: Yeah I agree a G would be a good choice at that spot (especially Barbre) but if DJarrett can become the #1, I figured Steve Smith would compliment him well....actually no figuring, he did complement him well in college (although the pro game is a completely different story).

bills_red: I forgot about them signing Walker, but I am pretty sure Dockery/Whittle will stay at G/C. I think an athletic T like Ryan Harris is always a good thing to bring some competition to the O-line.....especially when your team was near the bottom of the league in RushYards/game.

PalmerToCJ: How is that a terrible pick? Olsen is an excellent athlete and should give the Bengles more than 21 receptions (calling Reggie Kelly). He should also give them stability at the TE position.....something which they sorely lack.

RaiderNation: Kalil would be a good fit for Oakland, but the thought of JaMarcus being able to have a familiar target with him on the Raiders is nice. Also, with Randy most likely on his way out, that leaves Jerry Porter (who I wouldnt be surprised to see go) as your #1.....although Ronald Curry might have something to say about that. Either way, I think it is time for some fresh faces catching the ball in Oakland.

49erfaithful: For some reason, it didnt occur to me that the 49ers just signed Clements. I agree now that I think about it that a WR probably would have made more sense there. With that said though, I think a young CB who can learn from Clements is a good thing.

Thanks again to all who have replied!

BiggerFoot
03-03-2007, 10:48 PM
One of the WORST i mean WORST Saints drafts,
Quinn Pitcock is NOT first round material and DT is not that big of a need, so why would we reach for a non need?
Tanard Jackson a CB yes, but I feel that there are better CBs on the board and we are reaching for him
and a SS is not that much of a need either? why would the saints only draft one really big need with the first day picks?

Thomas7399
03-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Alright guys, I will try to respond to some more of your criticism individually (see post above) tomorrow.

bills_red
03-04-2007, 07:55 AM
bills_red: I forgot about them signing Walker, but I am pretty sure Dockery/Whittle will stay at G/C. I think an athletic T like Ryan Harris is always a good thing to bring some competition to the O-line.....especially when your team was near the bottom of the league in RushYards/game.

Dock will play LG and Whittle will move around I'm sure.

At RT Mouse likes
Will go into his 2nd year. T.Pennington, who has long arms, good athlete, quick feet for a 6'7 guy.
Will go into his 2nd year. B.Butler, again has long arms, surprisingly quick.
And Just brought in L.Walker (27)

So with all the youth at the RT position and along the O-Line I don't think we draft an T/G/C
Unless someone falls a whole round but still not likely.

21ST
03-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Alan Branch would be a much better pick for the skins

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Horrible Eagles picks. NO WRs!!! No OLBs!!! In the first, give us Griffin, he actually fills a position of NEED. In the second, give us Abiamiri, another NEED. Heres a clue, the Eagles don't NEED a WR or OLB that early, especially if players they NEED are still available. In the third round, I would have Brian Leonard as the Eagles pick.

Thomas7399
03-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Finlayson: I think 22 is too early for Brandon Merriweather (plus Gattis is not a bad player in the third round). Also, the Cowboys are not in a position to draft a backup QB before the 4th round (Smith/Stanton are early 3rd). The Boys' run defense was pretty good this year, but shoring up the D-line for some years to come would go a long way in my opinion.

rainbeaukid2: I think Okoye is a good fit on pretty much any team in this league.......I think he is that good of a player. Anyway, if the 49ers can get a player that resembles the days of Bryant Young/Dana Stubblefield, I think it would benefit them quite a bit. This kid is only 19 years old, so San Fran could potentially be getting a D-line anchor for the next 15 years (and in a division where Stephen Jackson is gonna be around for a while, I think that is gonna be good).

Scar988: Yeah I agree now that I think about it.....I forgot that the Falcons had Demorrio Williams as well.

BiggerFoot: Pitcock is a little bit of a reach, but Hollis Thomas isnt exactly young. Also, better penetration from the D-line will in turn help the secondary. As far as Tanard Jackson, he has good size for a CB. In a division which might soon have CJ, a CB with size will go a long way. Also, SS is a need since Otis Stoutmire is going into his 12th season.

21ST: The 'skins need D-line help any way they can get it. Branch is a good pick, but I wasnt impressed with his play at Michigan (I think LeMarr Woodley was a better player at Michigan). Getting a premier end to put pressure on Romo, Eli, and Donovan will help the 'skins in my opinion.

eaglesalltheway: If the Eagles can't keep Donte Stallworth, that leaves Hank Baskett, Reggie Brown, Jason Avant, and Greg Lewis as the primary receiving core. Do you honestly think there is a true #1 in that group? Reggie Brown is a good player and I think he has the potential to be a good #1, but the dropoff after him hurts. Dwayne Bowe has excellent size and is a good athlete. Remember what the Eagles did when they had another WR with excellent size and athleticism? As far as the OLB is concerned, Dhani Jones and Jeremiah Trotter are getting older. The reason I took Pittman over Leonard is that I think the Eagles would like to have a backup who resembles Brian Westbrook's style, that way when Westbrook misses a few games, the style of the offense is not disturbed.

Thanks again to all who have replied!

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Give Green Bay David Irons in round 3

jth1331
03-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Broncos draft:
1. Carriker, I like him, I'd be happy with him or Jarvis Moss, good pick
2. Instead of Hunt, pick a DT with this pick, with me going with Mebane here
3a. DT is the right position, but that was addressed earlier. Here, either Crowder or a S
3b. Antonio Pittman instead of Williams here.

So, I'll say 1 good pick, 2 meh's and 1 okay from what you had

aNYtitan
03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Damn good Titans draft

Tubby
03-04-2007, 12:42 PM
TERRIBLE hawks mock. First you give us a safety, which we dont need day one, then you give us a mid-round OG.

morknolle
03-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Texans picks:
1st) Alan Branch wouldn't be a bad pick. My personal preference would be Okoye instead of Branch since he is a better pass rusher, but I think Jamaal Anderson would be picked over either of them anyways. Branch isn't bad though considering who is available (or more specifically who isn't available).

2nd) Gonzalez would be a decent option, but I'd much rather have Chris Houston. Beekman, Beason, and Grubbs are also possibilities, maybe Ugoh as well.

3rd) I'm not very fond of this pick at all. I don't overly like Wendling as a player and he's more of a SS than a coverage FS, which is what we're needing. I think Ryan Harris or David Harris would be picked before Wendling, maybe Tim Crowder as well.

Thomas7399
03-04-2007, 02:46 PM
jth1331: I like Hunt with the Broncos as it would give you guys a good thunder and lightning combo with Bell and Hunt. I agree Mebane would be a good hole plugger for the Broncos D-line, but I also like Mcbean's athleticism, something you cant get too much of on defense.

Tubby: Yeah the SS pick was a mistake, forgot about Hamlin and Boulware.....although Boulware hasnt been the most consistent player, nonetheless, a mistake on my part. I picked Barbre to try to fill the void left by Hutch. Flloyd Womack I guess is servicable.....dont know enough about his play.....but bringing in a young G to replace the aging Chris Gray is something that will pay dividends to the run game a few years down the road.

morknolle: I guess defense in the first round is fairly set in stone for the Texans whether it be Branch, Anderson or whoever else. With that being said, I dont know why you would want more LB's for what is already a good LB core.....especially David Harris since you just drafted a MLB last year in DeMeco. As far as the Gonzalez pick is concerned, I was thinking about a replacement for Eric Moulds so Andre doesnt see double and triple all day.

Thanks again guys!

morknolle
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
morknolle: I guess defense in the first round is fairly set in stone for the Texans whether it be Branch, Anderson or whoever else. With that being said, I dont know why you would want more LB's for what is already a good LB core.....especially David Harris since you just drafted a MLB last year in DeMeco. As far as the Gonzalez pick is concerned, I was thinking about a replacement for Eric Moulds so Andre doesnt see double and triple all day.

Our LB core isn't that good. DeMeco Ryans is a stud at MLB, Morlon Greenwood is servicable at WLB, and we need a SLB. I think Harris could be a solid SLB for us, and he'd be a great value in the 3rd round, much better than Wendling. I agree we need another WR, I am hoping we address that in free agency as well, if not Gonzalez would be a decent option but I'd still prefer someone else, especially if Chris Houston is there. I'd also prefer adding Beekman or Grubbs to our OLine than adding Gonzalez.

PalmerToCJ
03-04-2007, 03:34 PM
PalmerToCJ: How is that a terrible pick? Olsen is an excellent athlete and should give the Bengles more than 21 receptions (calling Reggie Kelly). He should also give them stability at the TE position.....something which they sorely lack.

We do have stability at TE. We have one of if not the best blocking TE's in the league. The reason he didn't get receptions is because that's not what we need him to do. We need our TE's to block while TJ/CJ/Henry/Tab and Chris Perry get open. Olsen is a bad fit, Marvin Lewis has laughed at the idea of taking a TE early and our TE coach wants one that's a great blocker first, it won't happen.

We're going defense day one. We MUST take a CB and either a LB or saftey.