PDA

View Full Version : First Running Back Selected Poll

jessekopplin77
12-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Alright, this poll will last for a week. This year's Running Back class isn't exactly the strongest it has been in recent years. I would like to see who you guys think is the most deserving Running Back to be selected first.

The first Running Back to receive 40 votes will be declared the most likely to be drafted first.

The Poll will stay open for a week.

Please post your thoughts also as to why you think this Running Back deserves to be the first one picked.

Be advised that others will be able to see who you selected. I thought we should be open on who we think has the best chance of being selected first.

A new Poll will be started up after January 15. Then the full list of Running Backs entering will be updated. The key changes that can come from after this date is the addition of Running Backs: Beanie Wells, C.J. Spiller, and Knowshon Mereno

Mr. Stiller
12-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Knowshon Moreno/CJ Spiller?

diabsoule
12-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Knowshown Moreno.

jessekopplin77
12-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Knowshon Moreno/CJ Spiller?

I put in the backs who are for sure in the draft. Have those two announced they will enter or?

Menardo75
12-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Of these guys it will be Ringer then Davis.

12-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Of these guys it will be Ringer then Davis.

Of the seniors those are the frontrunners for sure and probably solid second round values too. It will be close so it will come down to team preference that decides this one I think.

DiG
12-26-2008, 11:14 AM
ill take other please. rashad jennings.

'cuse-213
12-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Davis is a very balanced back.

CashmoneyDrew
12-26-2008, 12:22 PM
James Davis. I don't even think it's close.

Rjspartan
12-26-2008, 12:48 PM
from that list it is Davis

JFLO
12-26-2008, 12:57 PM
It obviously depends on who is selecting because each team has their own preference on running backs, but I think the first running back selected should be James Davis, because of his all-around game at the position. Javon Ringer might be the better runner when it comes to vision though.

Mr. Stiller
12-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I like Ringers Bowling ball style.

Davis just doesn't impress me... he never really has. Mediocre speed... mediocre power... The guy isn't great or top notch in any facet.

Not that Ringer is much different, I just think his game translates better and he's got a better build for the pro's.

jessekopplin77
12-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I think Javon Ringer is the better all around back actually. Is a very consistent runner, and is a great receiving back, which will translate great into the NFL.

Sniper
12-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Chris Wells.

But from the list, James Davis.

toonsterwu
12-26-2008, 03:37 PM
I am a Davis fan, but if I had to guess right now, of those 5, I'd guess ringer then Johnson. I think Jennings may end up ahead, though, depending on workouts.

JLaw45
12-26-2008, 04:32 PM
On that list, I'll go for Ringer. I'm rooting for Jennings at the end of the day, though.

Cigaro
12-26-2008, 04:44 PM
James Davis. Won't be an NFL star, but could end up with a career similar to a Thomas Jones.

twizbuck
12-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Ringer will be taken first of those, doesn't mean that I think he's the best of them though.

thebow305
12-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Why is Chris Wells not on the list? It would easily be him, but of those guys, it's James Davis for sure.

JRTPlaya21
12-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Javon Ringer most likely.

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Why is Chris Wells not on the list? It would easily be him, but of those guys, it's James Davis for sure.

Because if he was on the list it wouldn't be a poll, that's why...It's asking the first RB to be selected of those listed, not the entire draft, and everyone knows it's Wells then the rest.

BamaFalcon59
12-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Javon Ringer.

Not a big fan of any of them, though. James Davis is a player who I was a big fan of at one point, but watching him he is just completely average in almost every facet of the game.

Ringer is a guy whose value I think depends on how he is used. This year he reminded me of a college version of the Redskins' Clinton Portis. Just the way he ran, and how he keeps chipping at the defense with a physical, grind it out style of running.

I think Ringer can be used in that method, getting a lot of carries. But that takes away from his explosiveness. He's not really too fast, but he was explosive when he split the load.

I could see him ending up like a slightly poor mans DeAngelo Williams in the pros.

Race for the Heisman
12-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Jeremiah Johnson. He's got about the same floor Davis does with a higher ceiling, and both are above Ringer due to what has been asked of him this year. Brown just doesn't have enough speed to be the first of these guys selected.

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2008, 02:40 AM
I think James Davis. He should time pretty well, and I really really like him as a prospect. I think Scott's comparison to Kevin Smith is apt.

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2008, 03:27 AM
Jeremiah Johnson. He's got about the same floor Davis does with a higher ceiling, and both are above Ringer due to what has been asked of him this year. Brown just doesn't have enough speed to be the first of these guys selected.

That's my darkhorse, I think workouts will shoot him up boards, and physically he looks the part...He just looks like someone whose game will translate well to the next level, and his potential should push him over some of those other guys.

thebow305
12-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I think James Davis. He should time pretty well, and I really really like him as a prospect. I think Scott's comparison to Kevin Smith is apt.

I think he compares much more favorably to Ronnie Brown. Not as big or strong, but a poor man's version. He has above average-good speed, can catch very well, and can hit and break tackles with the best of them. Doesn't seem to always have the nasty demeaner but neither does Ronnie all the time.

jessekopplin77
12-27-2008, 03:51 PM
If any of those running backs compare to Kevin Smith it would have to be Arian Foster. He is a lot like Kevin Smith due to the fact that he doesn't have surprising speed or strength, but is a very smooth runner going and finding the holes.

GatorsBullsFan
12-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Chris Wells

Cigaro
12-28-2008, 01:14 AM
If any of those running backs compare to Kevin Smith it would have to be Arian Foster. He is a lot like Kevin Smith due to the fact that he doesn't have surprising speed or strength, but is a very smooth runner going and finding the holes.

Got him a grand total of 570 yards and one touchdown this year! Good job Foster!

Texas Homer
12-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Probably Ringer.

BRAVEHEART
12-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Jeremiah is the best out of that list, really underrated dude.