PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno Every Down Back?

JaxJag_1
12-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Knowshon is my favorite RB in this draft, is he an everydown back, I know some people question his size. And is a better prospect than LeSean McCoy, beause IMO he is, but what do you think?

foozball
12-26-2008, 05:43 PM
5'11 207lbs is pretty small IMO, but he should be able to be an every down RB. he's tough and he runs with heart. if slaton can do it at 5'9 202lbs, im sure moreno can as well. ideally, he'd gain 5lbs. 5'11 212lbs should be enough to hold up for an entire season.

Cigaro
12-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Clinton Portis, just not as fast.

toonsterwu
12-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes, I think Knowshon is an everydown back. He might not go ahead of Beanie Wells, but Knowshon is my favorite back in this draft, I think.

illmatic74
12-26-2008, 06:07 PM
He has great vision, runs hard every run, can catch out of the backfield and also a very willing blocker that sounds like a 3 down back.

Staubach12
12-26-2008, 06:10 PM
I have Knowshon as my #1 RB. I'm in the same boat as toon. But I think he can be an every down back, however, I would't give him the ball 30 times. Then again, todays NFL isn't nice to any back who gets the ball 30 times a game.

JaxJag_1
12-26-2008, 06:34 PM
OK because I think he also a 3 down back, I've seen a lot of him at Georgia the last two years and he's one of my favorite players in the nation

BuddyCHRIST
12-26-2008, 09:27 PM
He'll be able to continue to put on weight, Cadillaac was 205 in college and came in at 217 at the combine. Portis was lighter in college I think and he's pretty big now.

Sniper
12-26-2008, 09:29 PM
There are like, five threads on Moreno already. This couldn't go in there?

Halsey
12-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I believe he is an everydown back, BUT I do not think that means he can be a back who can handle super heavy workload game after game. He'd be a great fit in a situation like the Titans, Jaguars, Panthers and really most teams use at RB.

JaxJag_1
12-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I believe he is an everydown back, BUT I do not think that means he can be a back who can handle super heavy workload game after game. He'd be a great fit in a situation like the Titans, Jaguars, Panthers and really most teams use at RB.

Well I'd love to have him in Jacksonville

Geason Noceur
12-26-2008, 11:00 PM
I think he's a very good back, but I don't think he's an everydown back. I've watched all of Georgia's games this season, and he takes himself out of a games as soon as he gets winded, and it happens several times a game.

CashmoneyDrew
12-26-2008, 11:40 PM
He's my favorite back in the draft and has been for a while. Straight baller.

Sniper
12-27-2008, 08:04 AM
He's my favorite back in the draft and has been for a while. Straight baller.

He can't hold Chris Wells' jock.

JaxJag_1
12-27-2008, 08:07 AM
He can't hold Chris Wells' jock.

Beanie Wells < Knowshon Moreno

Sniper
12-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Beanie Wells < Knowshon Moreno

Not a chance. Moreno is soft, Wells is not.

Solomon
12-27-2008, 09:44 AM
There are like, five threads on Moreno already. This couldn't go in there?

Lol, half the threads on the first page all had previous threads within the next three pages.

Frantz Joseph
Micah Johnson
Bradford vs Stafford
Shonn Greene

Ad nauseum. I agree it's getting pretty ridiculous.

'cuse-213
12-27-2008, 11:20 AM
An everydown back these days has a good backup, who gets touches throughout the game. I cant think of many backs who stay in the entire game.

georgiafan
12-27-2008, 12:50 PM
I think he's a very good back, but I don't think he's an everydown back. I've watched all of Georgia's games this season, and he takes himself out of a games as soon as he gets winded, and it happens several times a game.

This is one of biggest concerns about him, he got a lot of slack about it after the UF game. Because he took himself out then Caleb King missed a blocking costing UGA points. After that he did get better, but it's still a question mark. His blocking and hands are good enough to be a everydown back.

Babylon
12-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Everydown back in the sense that he can be on the fied in passing situations but will have to alternate workload with another RB. Reminds me of a Cadillac or a Marion Barber but not sure if he goes in round 1.

Rjspartan
12-27-2008, 12:58 PM
imo he is an everydown back. i also think he his the best RB in the class.

Halsey
12-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Not a chance. Moreno is soft, Wells is not.

"OMG if I like one player I have to hate the other!!1! Beanie Wells is good therefore Moreno is bad!"

Oh and btw, Wells got hurt vs Youngstown State. Moreno never missed a game playing in the SEC. ;)

sbh15
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Well I'd love to have him in Jacksonville

Why? From what I've seen, Jacksonville couldn't ask for more than having Jones-Drew as the number one. He needs 25 carries a game, I'll guarantee you he's a top five back in stats.

Cigaro
12-27-2008, 01:48 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.cfb.michohiost/images/016410647.jpg

Let's not get carried away with this 'Moreno is best!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!'.

JaxJag_1
12-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Why? From what I've seen, Jacksonville couldn't ask for more than having Jones-Drew as the number one. He needs 25 carries a game, I'll guarantee you he's a top five back in stats.

Fred will be back next year, Maurice is still not a guy who I want to give the ball 25+ times a game, he's best when he gets 18-20 carries, 5 catches, and a part time KR and PR

We still will have Fred like I said going down the road, Greg Jones is a devastating blocking FB and the most well rounded FB who we could give the ball to more, he's on IR right now, and ST stud Montell Owens is a guy we could give the ball to if needed. Also there's rookie Chauncey Washington who has shown some flashes in TC and Pre-Season and lately with Greg and Fred on IR.

Just in a fantasy, it would be crazy to have MoJo and Knowshon

JaxJag_1
12-27-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't like Beanie, I've heard scouts question his heart

sbh15
12-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Fred will be back next year, Maurice is still not a guy who I want to give the ball 25+ times a game, he's best when he gets 18-20 carries, 5 catches, and a part time KR and PR

We still will have Fred like I said going down the road, Greg Jones is a devastating blocking FB and the most well rounded FB who we could give the ball to more, he's on IR right now, and ST stud Montell Owens is a guy we could give the ball to if needed. Also there's rookie Chauncey Washington who has shown some flashes in TC and Pre-Season and lately with Greg and Fred on IR.

Just in a fantasy, it would be crazy to have MoJo and Knowshon

Fred shouldn't won't be back next year, Jones-Drew has shown he can handle the workload. The last thing I would want to do is waste a first round pick on a rookie to split time with a guy who is a top five playmaker in the NFL. They have bigger needs. I don't know how you could possibly say that Jones Drew isn't someone you want to give the ball to 25+ times a game.

JaxJag_1
12-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Fred shouldn't won't be back next year, Jones-Drew has shown he can handle the workload. The last thing I would want to do is waste a first round pick on a rookie to split time with a guy who is a top five playmaker in the NFL. They have bigger needs. I don't know how you could possibly say that Jones Drew isn't someone you want to give the ball to 25+ times a game.

I know we won't take Knowshon, I said in a crazy way it'd be cool to imagine those two paired together.

Fred will be back, if he takes a modest pay cut he WILL be back

I know Maurice could handle the workload, I'm confident in him and confident he could handle 25 caries a game, but it would be better for us in the future to have another RB to split the carries with him and let him get 20 carries, 5+ catches, KR and PR at times