Round 5
Brannan Southerland FB Georgia

Round 6
Tony Dixon RB Kentucky

Round 7
DJ Clark CB Iowa St

themaninblack
12-27-2008, 11:15 AM
I feel like Barwin is a better fit in a 3-4 and he's also a guy that will need time to develop. Really like the Brannan Southerland pick, he has kind of been forgotten this year because he was out a lot but I think he can be a great player in the NFL. Absolute freak at his position who is not only a dominant blocker but can run the ball well and even catch some passes.

Bengals78
12-27-2008, 01:35 PM
I like Barwin as our situational guy. Bring him in on passing downs in a 3-4 set.

Schmidty622
12-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Why in the world would anyone give us a first for Chad after the year he had? He's worth a 3rd at best but I don't know if the Bengals could even get that for him. They'd need to pair him with a pick. I think a third and CJ could net the Bengals a late first rounder.

TJ has better value than chad right now and I wouldn't mind a tag and trade of him to get an additional first and a third.

Bengals78
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Because it is a freak year for Chad. He wasn't healthy, didn't have Carson. The O-Line was garbage. And the reason TJ looked so much better was that Fitzpatricks short passes fit better into his game more so than Chads. When healthy and with a decent QB, Chad is a top WR in the game

PalmerToCJ
12-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Chris Chambers got a 2nd round pick and in his 7 seasons he had 1 1,000 yard receiving year... Yes, Chad had a bad year but the GM's would surely compensate for the fact that Chad lives on the deep ball and timing routes that Fitzpatrick just wasn't capable of. Chad is easily worth a 2nd rounder, the Redskins would make a deal.

We've gotta re-sign TJ, he is essential for this offense having success. Re-sign Benson, I'd imagine Levi will be cut. Get a 180 pound bum off the street to replace Ghiaciuc (who despite the grief I give him, he wasn't nearly as horrible in the 2nd half of the season... Maybe it was just that I got used to his sucking).

Bengals78
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
He just didnt suck AS bad...or maybe Benson has found his stride in the NFL.

I like the idea of the 180lbs bum.

PalmerToCJ
12-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Carson has been throwing with no pain, everything seems to be going well, hooray.

TJ doesn't want to get franchised, might just have to deal with it.

Found this interesting stat off Cincyjungle.com from Stats inc.

Player Sacks
Stacy Andrews 9.5
Levi Jones 5.5
Andrew Whitworth 5.0
Bobbie Williams 4.0
Eric Ghiaciuc 4.0
Anthony Collins 1.5
Nate Livings 0.5

People (myself included), may not be giving the Blackburn's enough credit in just lumping them in with Brown. They're apparently pushing for a GM, check it out:

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com/whodeyrevolution/2008/12/troy-and-katie-blackburn-want-to-hire-a-gm-mike-brown-still-not-convinced.html

themaninblack
12-29-2008, 02:37 AM
It's pretty difficult to attribute sacks to any one player especially when we don't know the schematics of our pass blocking scheme. I'm not gonna discount those stats outright, but I would really like to see the film before I really endorse anything like that.

PalmerToCJ
12-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Can't believe we didn't mention this yet....

FIRE BRATKOWSKI!!!!!!!!!

Bengals78
12-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Can't believe we didn't mention this yet....

FIRE BRATKOWSKI!!!!!!!!!

since you HAD to go and say it, i'll go ahead and knock on wood for ya.

rickscott
12-29-2008, 07:28 PM
I think if you bring TJ back, he agrees that he'll show up for all of the workouts. If he's not interested in being part of mentoring the young WRers, then I don't want him back.

PalmerToCJ
12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I think if you bring TJ back, he agrees that he'll show up for all of the workouts. If he's not interested in being part of mentoring the young WRers, then I don't want him back.

I think really, for all involved we're just better off to sign him long term. I think TJ is a very safe bet as a WR to sign to a long term deal, he's like a Hines Ward (as much as I hate to say it). I'd much rather sign TJ and dump Chad.

themaninblack
12-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I believe they will both be back and Chad's health will help him return to his normal form. Signing TJ for at least a few years is probably our number 1 priority this off season.

Bengalsrocket
12-30-2008, 03:36 AM
TJ is the kind of receiver that can play for a long time. He doesn't need his speed to be effective, and thus losing a step wouldn't hurt him as much as it would hurt Chad.

rickscott
01-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Agreed but if he's not willing to get in here early and get in tune with Carson, it shows some selfishness and it's time to move on.

PalmerToCJ
01-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I do agree that I would not like TJ missing time at all, which is why I want him signed long term really. On the other hand, it's hard to blame him after what happened to Andrews. Again, not saying it's fine that he does, just that I can see why he wouldn't.

Bottom line just sign him long term and both parties are happy.

Bengals78
01-01-2009, 10:10 PM
IF Bratkowski gets fired, should we look in the NFL or college for a new OC?

Personally I would say maybe look at a college coach and let them sit this year and possibly be the heir to the job once Marvin is out. Turner Gil? Could we possibly tempt Mark Richt out of UGA?

Bengalsrocket
01-02-2009, 04:23 AM
Whoever we get, we need someone who loves to run as much as Marvin does. Carson cannot carry this team. I know we'd all like to think he's good enough, but he's proven that it's not possible (at least not with Bratkowski's playbook.

Once we get someone who can be creative and productive with the running game, then we can let Carson work his magic to finish games off.

neko4
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey just seeing if anyone would like to join the new Forum Mock.
Right now nobody only one person has signed up to be the GM of the Bengals and there is also an expansion team in this forum mock. So go check it out. Signups are scheduled to end Sunday night.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28445

PalmerToCJ
01-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Cowher on the pre-game just said he thought the Bengals were one of the teams that didn't make the playoffs this year that could next year. Cited the improvement in our defense (about time someone noticed). The reason I'm posting this is it makes me wonder if he'd come to Cincinnati if we had a job opening, obviously he likes the talent... Just not sure he'd be willing to deal with Brown (and that would be very understandable lol).

I do agree with him, my hopes for next season (all pending on Carson and the Oline) will generally be pretty high, I guess I only have myself to blame if we don't.

My one concern defensively is the fact that we generally played behind this year or at best in a close game. I'm worried that if the offense could get it together that teams would be able to come back on us due to the lack of pass rush and increased passing. Granted, the pass rush was awful this year but the pass D was good. We had 503 pass attempts on us which is 20th most so they were still solid and got passed on.

themaninblack
01-05-2009, 04:44 AM
Kind of surprised to hear that from Cowher but I think we could all agree his assessment is not unfounded. As far as him becoming our next head coach, I highly doubt that. We would probably be one of the last teams he would want to coach for just because of our recent history with him and the Steelers. I would love it if he came here, though.

My thoughts for next season are that we can easily be an 8-8 team again with some semblance of health. If our D continues to grow, we see a return of our run game, and we learn how to pass protect, we could be better than that.

BengalMedic
01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
I suppose with the way the defense has improved, the argument could be made, but I won't be the one making it. The defense improved mostly from playing teams like Cleveland, Washington (ok a little better), and Kansas City. Shouldn't your defense improve when playing teams that bad ?? I think it's a bit off.

If the pass rush doesn't come next year either by drafting personnel or getting more production out of the DE's we have, it's not going to be much better. I will give slack to the fact Odom was hurt and missed valuable time in camp and early in the season, so there's that.

Looking at our schedule can be a bit misleading as well. People just have no idea how those teams that appear to be weak right now may improve through free agency and the draft. Based on our history, I don't look for an impact free agent and maybe one or two players that will produce from the draft.

With Carson back, improvements on the lines, and some players getting healthy you can make the argument for playoffs, but I'll be sticking with 8-8 at best and no playoffs.

AkiliSmith
01-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Re-sign
T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Franchise) - Best player on the team this season.
Cedric Benson - Played great for how terrible the offensive line was.
Shayne Graham - Golden Graham.
Brandon Johnson - Played well in Rivers absence.
Chris Crocker - Played very well.
Ryan Fitzpatrick - Decent backup. Knows the system.
Stacy Andrews - I think he'll be extremely cheap because of his play this season and the injury.

Cut
Levi Jones
Dexter Jackson

Free Agents
RT Matt Stinchcomb

Draft
1. OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
2. C Max Unger, Oregon
3. RB Jerimiah Johnson, Oregon
4. FB Brannon Southerland
4. (comp) OT Andrew Gardner, Georgia Tech
5. ILB Jason Phillips, Texas Christian

Roster
QB - Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jordan Palmer
RB - Cedric Benson, Jerimiah Johnson, Kenny Watson
FB - Brannan Southerland
WR - T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, Andre Caldwell, Jerome Simpson, Glenn Holt
TE - Reggie Kelly, Ben Utecht, Dan Coats
LT - Anthony Collins
LG - Andrew Whitworth, Nate Livings
C - Max Unger, Dan Santucci
RG - Bobbie Williams, Scott Kooistra, Stacy Andrews (IR/PUP)
RT - Matt Stinchcomb, Andrew Gardner

LE - Robert Geathers, Frostee Rucker, Eric Henderson
UT - Pat Sims, Orien Harris
NT - Domata Peko, Jason Shirley
RE - Antwan Odom, Jonathan Fanene
WLB - Keith Rivers, Brandon Johnson
MLB - Dhani Jones, Corey Mays, Jason Phillips
SLB - Aaron Curry, Jim Maxwell
CB - Leon Hall, Johnathan Joseph, David Jones, Simeon Castille
FS - Chris Crocker, Marvin White, Corey Lynch
SS - Chinedum Ndukwe, Kyries Hebert

K - Shayne Graham
P - Kyle Larson (or whoever they draft in round 6 that will beat him out)
LS - Brad St. Louis

themaninblack
01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I finally got to see Max Unger play and I came away really impressed with him. Brannan Southerland would also give us a big boost in the run game since we didn't have a FB that was even decent at all this season. He's actually a good runner himself and can catch passes when called upon.

Aftermath
01-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Re-sign
T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Franchise) - Best player on the team this season.
Cedric Benson - Played great for how terrible the offensive line was.
Shayne Graham - Golden Graham.
Brandon Johnson - Played well in Rivers absence.
Chris Crocker - Played very well.
Ryan Fitzpatrick - Decent backup. Knows the system.
Stacy Andrews - I think he'll be extremely cheap because of his play this season and the injury.

Cut
Levi Jones
Dexter Jackson

Free Agents
RT Matt Stinchcomb

Draft
1. OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
2. C Max Unger, Oregon
3. RB Jerimiah Johnson, Oregon
4. FB Brannon Southerland
4. (comp) OT Andrew Gardner, Georgia Tech
5. ILB Jason Phillips, Texas Christian

Roster
QB - Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jordan Palmer
RB - Cedric Benson, Jerimiah Johnson, Kenny Watson
FB - Brannan Southerland
WR - T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, Andre Caldwell, Jerome Simpson, Glenn Holt
TE - Reggie Kelly, Ben Utecht, Dan Coats
LT - Anthony Collins
LG - Andrew Whitworth, Nate Livings
C - Max Unger, Dan Santucci
RG - Bobbie Williams, Scott Kooistra, Stacy Andrews (IR/PUP)
RT - Matt Stinchcomb, Andrew Gardner

LE - Robert Geathers, Frostee Rucker, Eric Henderson
UT - Pat Sims, Orien Harris
NT - Domata Peko, Jason Shirley
RE - Antwan Odom, Jonathan Fanene
WLB - Keith Rivers, Brandon Johnson
MLB - Dhani Jones, Corey Mays, Jason Phillips
SLB - Aaron Curry, Jim Maxwell
CB - Leon Hall, Johnathan Joseph, David Jones, Simeon Castille
FS - Chris Crocker, Marvin White, Corey Lynch
SS - Chinedum Ndukwe, Kyries Hebert

K - Shayne Graham
P - Kyle Larson (or whoever they draft in round 6 that will beat him out)
LS - Brad St. Louis

Being an Oregon fan, id love to get Jeremiah in the 3rd.

He has one of the nastiest straight arms in the country.

hobbes2053
01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Brannan Southerland would also give us a big boost in the run game since we didn't have a FB that was even decent at all this season. He's actually a good runner himself and can catch passes when called upon.

Southerland would do wonders for our run game. He's big and can run well for a FB, which would just give us another weapon offensively. I would definitely love to see him in stripes.

Bengals78
01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I dont think we should Franchise TJ. He will just as important to our team as Carson. He should throw the check book at him.

themaninblack
01-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Being an Oregon fan, id love to get Jeremiah in the 3rd.

He has one of the nastiest straight arms in the country.

Jeremiah Johnson and James Davis are the two bigger name running back's that I wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals pick in the 2nd-3rd depending on what happens.

Also, Chick Ludwig seems pretty confident that AC will be making the move to the right side. He's usually on point with this type of info so drafting a LT in the first is a little more likely in my mind. Depends what they do with Levi but I think we'd all agree his time is probably done here.

Bengals78
01-06-2009, 05:15 PM
The more I saw of AC, the more I wanted to draft DE or LB in round one and shoot for Loadholt in early round two. Then Luigs or Wood in round 3.

That way we could go:

LT - Collins
LG - Whitworth
C - Luigs/Wood
RG - Williams
RT - Loadholt

here is something I worked up recently: Kept it semi-realistic with no trades and 1 solid FA signing.

Fire Bob Bratkowski.
Bring in Hue Jackson or Mark Richt as new OC.

Resign TJ long term.
Franchise Graham.
Sign Benson to a 2-3 year deal.

In Free Agency:
Sign Karlos Dansby OLB

Draft:

Round 1
#6: Brian Orakpo DE Texas

Round 2
Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma

Round 3
Jason Philips ILB Texas Christian *

compensation pick: Eric Wood C Louisville

Round 4
a. Jordon Shipley WR Texas

Round 5
Brennan Southerland FB Georgia *

Round 6
Kevin Huber P Cincinnati *

Round 7
Greg Carr WR Florida State

* = guys I really want to draft that aren't first round talent.

Gert T
01-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Do we really want to re-sign Graham? I am about 50-50 on this one, but it seems like we have to get the ball inside the 30 yard line in order to have a shot at a FG. I do like the accuracy, but the lack of 45 yard + FG's makes me worry.

PalmerToCJ
01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Do we really want to re-sign Graham? I am about 50-50 on this one, but it seems like we have to get the ball inside the 30 yard line in order to have a shot at a FG. I do like the accuracy, but the lack of 45 yard + FG's makes me worry.

I agree about the whole bombing on the deeper FG's but you've gotta keep him around. We're better off than a whole lot of teams in the kicking department.

themaninblack
01-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah, We've got a good thing going with Shayne. Why take a chance on an unproven commodity? He may not be able to hit the real deep kicks but he sure can hit them from about 40-45 yards out like clockwork. He can occasionally make longer ones too.

BengalMedic
01-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Hard pressed to take chances in the kicking department with what we typically get out of it. Would I like someone who can hit 50+ yarders ?? Sure, but who is that guy and are we going to risk the consistency in Graham to take a chance on that ?? I say pay him decently and put this discussion behind you as soon as you can. There are bigger decisions to be made with the team than who the kicker is...

regoob2
01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
What do you guys think will happen with Stacey Andrews? With his injury do you think the Bengals will resign him?

PalmerToCJ
01-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm sure they'll make an effort to but given the severity of the injury and how lackluster his play was this year I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot to out bid us. I expect him to be re-signed, let him recover and hope he can take over for Bobbie Williams at RG.

themaninblack
01-12-2009, 10:54 PM
He obviously doesn't want to be here and for that reason we should let him go. He is physically a monster but his play this season was nowhere near what it was last year. If he gets out of here I think he will be a huge success. Keeping him in Cincy is probably not a good idea.

The Unseen
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM
got a random question for ya'll: do you think Marvin Lewis should still be coach of the Bengals? If so/not so, why?

themaninblack
01-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty torn on this issue because, on one hand, Marvin did bring this organization out of the dark ages but at the same time I don't think he's the guy that will take us to the next level. I was watching something about Warren Sapp the other day n he said something similar with Tony Dungy. He didn't think Dungy would have took them to the Super Bowl but he also didn't think Jon Gruden would have gotten them to where they were when Dungy was fired. I think its kind of a similar situation here and that we need our own "Jon Gruden" type coach, if you will.

That said, Marvin will be here until his contract expires in all likelihood. I also tend to give him some slack because of the way a lot of our draft picks that were supposed to be building blocks have ended up. You may say that is his fault, but I wouldn't go that far.

PalmerToCJ
02-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I must say, as the days go on I really start to feel that I will be IRATE if we do not sign TJ. It's a flat out must, the guy is HUGE for our offense.

derza222
02-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I must say, as the days go on I really start to feel that I will be IRATE if we do not sign TJ. It's a flat out must, the guy is HUGE for our offense.

At the very least tag the dude and keep him around for another year or so. Chad's said it too and I totally agree, he's massive for the Bengals offense and needs to stick around. Give it a year and see how successful you guys are. I think with the right draft and a healthy *fingers crossed* Palmer along with the rest of the skill guys that are already there that Cincinnati can make a massive turnaround next year. It'd be nice to keep Benson around as well, but TJ is a must especially because this team CAN and I think will be very, very good next year.

themaninblack
02-04-2009, 01:22 PM
TJ is definitely a must for this team. We have to at least Franchise him but hopefully we can get a 2-3 yr deal worked out. I don't know if he's the type to just go get as much money as possible but who really knows. Hopefully, he'll be willing to negotiate to stay in town.

BengalMedic
02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Actually, I love what TJ brings to this team and want to have him back. However, it's not always that simple. Tagging him is close to 10mil per year. Should we spend the money on a #2 WR in his 30's with such glaring needs elsewhere ?? Marvin has already been quoted as saying Simpson will be a HUGE factor going into next season and that they view Caldwell as a #2 WR in the line of TJ. With that being the case and the thinking of Chad being back with Henry as well, what would make anyone think they will drop the money on TJ ??

Once again, I like TJ, but what would pay more dividends for the team, having TJ back at 10 million or going after a Center in free agency like Brown from Baltimore who would shore up quite possibly our biggest weakness, free up the draft, and hurt a division rival all at the same time ??

I'm just thinking that if that is truly the thought process OF THE ORGANIZATION, tagging TJ isn't real high on the priority list. That being the case, if they don't sign him long term or modestly, he will probably hit the market. Regardless of what Chad thinks...

themaninblack
02-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I could see that Medic and it will probably end up that way.

PalmerToCJ
02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
I will say this, they have to improve the offensive line before they do anything. Doing that alone would improve what our WR's could do as they would actually have a QB throwing to them and an offensive line blocking for that QB. Also improves our running game as well.

I will say, I will root for TJ wherever he goes.

themaninblack
02-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I will say this, they have to improve the offensive line before they do anything. Doing that alone would improve what our WR's could do as they would actually have a QB throwing to them and an offensive line blocking for that QB. Also improves our running game as well.

I will say, I will root for TJ wherever he goes.

Yeah I love TJ to death but IDK if he's worth 10 mil and if hes determined to get as much money as possible he probably will not return. I'd hate to see him go but we still do have CJ(at full health hopefully) and I'm higher than most on our 2 young receivers.

Plus, with a QB like Carson it's not really that necessary to put such a premium on WRs anyway.

Bengals78
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Plus, with a QB like Carson it's not really that necessary to put such a premium on WRs anyway.

Exactly, I would LOVE to resign TJ, but unless this is the year Brown really brings out the check book, he will probably end up a Cowboy...or at least I hope he does so he is still on a team I like ha. Knowing our luck, Raven Brown or Steeler.

Bengalsrocket
02-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Exactly, I would LOVE to resign TJ, but unless this is the year Brown really brings out the check book, he will probably end up a Cowboy...or at least I hope he does so he is still on a team I like ha. Knowing our luck, Raven Brown or Steeler.

I hope to see him go to Philly because I'm a McNabb fan. If not there, I just hope he goes somewhere with an established QB that can get him the ball.

chapo123
02-07-2009, 12:16 AM
trade cj for 2nd or 3rd.
1. eugene monroe
2. derrick williams

Bengals78
02-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Ehh pass on Derrick Williams.
Why would we even consider him?
remember last year we just drafted Caldwell and Simpson in the first 3 rounds.

staubach41
02-23-2009, 08:36 PM
I know its probably not reasonable or maybe I am just sentimental but
I think we need to bring back John Thornton back. He is a leader on the team and has helped to mentor our younger d-tackles. Plus he still can be a valuable part of the rotation.

Bengals78
02-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Must be sentiment. He is a great guy and a leader but he is expensive (for his talent level) and I don't want to pay for him to watch Sims and Peko. Outside of team leader he won't provide much in the rotation Orien Harris or Jason Shirley can't.

staubach41
02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Thats true about the pay, I have heard that he could take a pay cut to stay though, I love the young d-line though so him leaving is probably best because he would just end up stealing snaps from the younger guys.

Bengals78
04-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I am gonna go ahead and say, if we sign Tank and/or Roy, I think we can call this offseason a success. Tank is a penetrating DT we want who can really get to the QB. So maybe this would have been a really nice offseason

SC Igniter
04-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't mind either if we sign Tank. Agree not a bad off season with them adding Coles and resigning Benson/Crocker. The only thing that bothered me was that they weren't more aggressive going after the Center FA's. Lastly, admit that I have always been partial to TJ and wished that they would have made their run at him much sooner. They needed to close the deal and didn't.

Still not a bad off season...but its not over yet.

Wondering where this leaves Chad in the equation? Mentioned earlier that I thought the smart play was to wait until next year to trade him, but he may have more value this year with 2 years left on his contract? Need to discount Chad's last year. I'm pissed that he missed the workouts so if they can get a 1st for him - trade him.

themaninblack
04-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I actually liked this off season for the most part and adding Tank would be a good thing IMO. The only thing I didn't really like was that we didn't go after the top FA centers or so it seems. I guess they feel like were gonna land one of the top centers in the draft anyway or maybe they like Santucci more than we are willing to admit.

hobbes2053
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
The addition of Tank could make this one of the best FA offseasons we've had in a long time. He would fill a need and eliminate the possibilities of us taking Raji so we could use our pick to either trade, even though unlikely, or to take an OT.

Bengals78
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
The addition of Tank could make this one of the best FA offseasons we've had in a long time. He would fill a need and eliminate the possibilities of us taking Raji so we could use our pick to either trade, even though unlikely, or to take an OT.

This is what I am hoping. Plus Zim would know how to use a talent like Tank in a rotation to keep him Peko and Sims fresh.

hobbes2053
04-06-2009, 11:57 PM
With Tank in the DT rotation and Zim at the helm, we could instantly improve our pass rush. And if we were to address the outside rush (DE, OLB) in the draft, it would all be just gravy.

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2009, 07:36 PM
LOL, so Ghiaciuc is a Chief but here's what a guy on the Chiefs board had to say while the rest were less than enthused about the signing....

Ghiaciuc anchored their OL when it was one of the best in the NFL and when the Bengals ran a Top 3 offense. He can handle the big 3-4 NT's the AFC is going to be throwing at the Chiefs. With Ghiaciuc, Shields, and Goff, the Chiefs have a great, veteran interior line. With their depth and quality at RB, they'll be able to run on anyone, which will really open up the offense.

themaninblack
05-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I think he'll do OK in KC but that just depends on what defenses they'll be playing. I guarantee you hes happy to get out of the AFCN though.

Bengalsrocket
05-01-2009, 10:53 PM
LOL, so Ghiaciuc is a Chief but here's what a guy on the Chiefs board had to say while the rest were less than enthused about the signing....

That has to be a joke, Shields retired like 2-3 years ago. Also, Ghiaciuc isn't a bad center imo, he just gets overrun by 3-4 NT's.

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2009, 11:40 PM
I think Ghiaciuc would've been best served in a ZBS... And as far away from good 3-4 NT's as possible.

Bengals78
05-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I am gonna go ahead and say this is possibly one of, if not the best offseason we have ever had.

The draft was spectacular. Then signing Tank and Roy. Awesome. We got ourselves a pass rushing UT and a hard hitting safety to help in run downs and possibly play passing downs if he returns to the days of ole when he was under Zimmer's scheme in Dallas.

We added on defense:
A guy who was considered the top ILB prospect this year. (Rey)
A guy who has freakish athleticism who just needs to put it together to become a stud pass rusher. (MJ)
A guy who has the ability to get to the QB from inside. (Tank)
A guy who was once considered one of the hardest hitting safeties in the NFL who will be back under the coordinator who got him there. (Roy)
A guy who really played hard and with a lot of intensity for us when we needed it. (Crocker)

hobbes2053
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
We added on defense:
A guy who was considered the top ILB prospect this year. (Rey)
A guy who has freakish athleticism who just needs to put it together to become a stud pass rusher. (MJ)
A guy who has the ability to get to the QB from inside. (Tank)
A guy who was once considered one of the hardest hitting safeties in the NFL who will be back under the coordinator who got him there. (Roy)
A guy who really played hard and with a lot of intensity for us when we needed it. (Crocker)

http://www.marbletea.com/images/MISC/ad_tobias_blue_myself.jpg

Bengals78
05-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Kinda makes you get a Chris Matthews tingle up your leg for our defense doesnt it?

PalmerToCJ
05-07-2009, 08:18 PM
I gotta say. They have very quietly put together a very solid offseason. We're all a fan of the draft but even the FA signings have worked out. I love the Leonard trade, nothing to lose in that one. Coles is a suitable replacement for TJ and Williams is at worst nice depth in the event of injury as well as providing leadership.

I'm very pleased, now the biggest problem is not getting too excited... That can bite you in the butt lol.

PalmerToCJ
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Man, talk about a lull in Bengals info. Not really much to talk about lately. Rod Hood visited but doesn't look like he'll get an offer.

Clayton and a few others are jumping on the bandwagon for the Bengals being a sleeper team. All depends on how the Oline works out, our success will come and go as the guys on the line do.