PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown - WR - Central Michigan

coordinator0
12-27-2008, 08:06 AM
I really like this guy, especially as a return man. He's only 5'10 180ish, but he's scary with the ball in his hands. What do you guys think of him? I like to compare him to a poor man's Desean Jackson, but I may be wrong...

He's also only a sophomore (I don't know if he's redshirt or not), so he won't be coming out this year.

etk
12-27-2008, 09:59 AM
I compare him to Yamon Figurs. Similar size and similar athlete. His instincts and playmaking ability are + over Figurs.

He's a true sophomore.

coordinator0
12-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I compare him to Yamon Figurs. Similar size and similar athlete. His instincts and playmaking ability are + over Figurs.

He's a true sophomore.

That's a pretty good comparison IMO. Figurs' instincts are very minimal at best, the Ravens will likely be looking for a new KR next year. Thanks for the info about being a true sophomore, he went to a Tech School in North Carolina before coming to Central, I wasn't sure if that counted or not.

princefielder28
12-27-2008, 10:42 AM
As a freshman Antonio stepped in and emerged as one of LeFevour's favorite targets, and this past season he stepped up his game even more. As it has already been mentioned he is a big time threat as a returner. I would say he compares alot to Derrick Williams this year, but is a bit better route runner than Derrick, and he still has two years to work on his skills.

Smokey Joe
12-27-2008, 11:07 AM
As a freshman Antonio stepped in and emerged as one of LeFevour's favorite targets, and this past season he stepped up his game even more. As it has already been mentioned he is a big time threat as a returner. I would say he compares alot to Derrick Williams this year, but is a bit better route runner than Derrick, and he still has two years to work on his skills.
Kinda OT here, but I still have a tough time figuring out how anyone from Benet Academy, in Illinois, is the starting QB for a D-I school, and a draft prospect for 2010...