PDA

View Full Version : on the rise and on the decline

Rjspartan
12-27-2008, 01:43 PM
who is most likely to raise their draft stock to a first round projection and who is most likely to drop out of the first round.

GatorsBullsFan
12-27-2008, 02:57 PM
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round

sbh15
12-27-2008, 03:00 PM

I could possibly see this being the most ridiculous statement ever.

GatorsBullsFan
12-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Why is that?..This is just like the Aaron Rodgers/Alex Smith Draft...after the first 5 or 6 picks not much people need QBs and if he doesn't get taken then he could drop...especially if Bradford goes over him

Babylon
12-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Why is that?..This is just like the Aaron Rodgers/Alex Smith Draft...after the first 5 or 6 picks not much people need QBs and if he doesn't get taken then he could drop...especially if Bradford goes over him

You're thinking in general terms i believe. Rodgers isnt in Stafford's class as a football player.

etk
12-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Stafford is not a Rodgers/Smith type. He's a prototypical QB that can make all the throws and guys like that don't last very long.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-27-2008, 03:08 PM

Even in a situation where Stafford isn't the top rated quarterback by almost every team and even in a situation where he starts to fall, the chance of him falling out of the first round is almost an impossiblity. All the teams that are picking later in the round want to trade back for more picks and the moment anyone wants to move up they'll have plenty of options. Any team that wanted him would have to move up further than other teams are willing to. Not to even mention Detroit's second 1st round pick as being the likely extreme floor for Staffords draft slot.

CroomDawgs
12-27-2008, 03:09 PM
James Laurinitis could slip to round 2. Aaron Curry going top 3

CroomDawgs
12-27-2008, 03:10 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about. None

PACKmanN
12-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Mays is rising, consider a top 20 pick now is rising to the top 10 and could go to the top 5 pending workouts.

etk
12-27-2008, 03:14 PM
James Laurinitis could slip to round 2. Aaron Curry going top 3

Laurinaitis in the 2nd? I don't think so. He may not have a lot of upside but he's a solid backer that can play a number of positions and he should have an impressive offseason. I think Maualuga is more likely to drop because he's not impressive in shorts and has much more glaring weaknesses that will be exposed in tape. Possible character concerns and red flags are another thing to consider as teams do background checks.

Curry will definitely keep rising as long as he stays healthy.

CroomDawgs
12-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Laurinaitis in the 2nd? I don't think so. He may not have a lot of upside but he's a solid backer that can play a number of positions and he should have an impressive offseason. I think Maualuga is more likely to drop because he's not impressive in shorts and has much more glaring weaknesses that will be exposed in tape. Possible character concerns and red flags are another thing to consider as teams do background checks.

Curry will definitely keep rising as long as he stays healthy.

I said the exact same thing about Posluzsny back 2 years ago and it happened. Now he should've gone fiorst round because he has been quite good. The fact is that when seniors return theres a greater chance of then slipping than imporving. I think it will most certainly happen to James. FWIW I think he's def. better than Maualuga but Rey will be taken by a 3-4 team (SD?) because he's a good fit in the 3-4

CroomDawgs
12-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Mays is rising, consider a top 20 pick now is rising to the top 10 and could go to the top 5 pending workouts.

If he runs his supposed 4.3 40 with his size, I guarantee you, even though they should not, the Raiders take him.

etk
12-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I said the exact same thing about Posluzsny back 2 years ago and it happened. Now he should've gone fiorst round because he has been quite good. The fact is that when seniors return theres a greater chance of then slipping than imporving. I think it will most certainly happen to James. FWIW I think he's def. better than Maualuga but Rey will be taken by a 3-4 team (SD?) because he's a good fit in the 3-4

I thought about Poz, but you're forgetting that Poz was coming back from major knee surgery and that hurt his athletic ability and durability in the eyes of scouts. If it wasn't for that injury he surely would've been a 1st rounder.

Yatta!
12-27-2008, 03:22 PM

Agree with that. I think Mays will be a consensus top 10 pick when all is said and done.

Babylon
12-27-2008, 03:23 PM
If JL does drop to the end of round 1 i don't see the Colts, Steelers, Giants and Titans passing on him. Near impossibilty.

Halsey
12-27-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't see many teams that need a RB or a reason why those teams can't wait until after the first round to get one. I could see someone like Moreno or McCoy lasting until the 2nd.

Teams are gonna be looking hard for the next big stud NT with guys like Haynesworth and Jenkins having such great years. Maybe some big DT will work his way into the first.

Race for the Heisman
12-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Hakeem Nicks' stock should be soaring; he's peaking at exactly the right time a la Brandon Albert last year. If he runs low 4.4s he's got a decent shot at the first round. Mike Teel went from undrafted for sure to semi-draftable. I don't know if Rutgers is in a bowl but that could be huge for him.

Tiquan Underwood has kind of fallen off the map as of late.

giantsfan
12-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Brandon Spikes is a guy i feel could slot in the 10-15 area since he's the second best LB in this draft and is going to have a very good combine.

KCStud
12-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I think you'll see George Selvie fall to the first or second pick in the 2nd round. Hoping my Chiefs take him.
I think you could see Phil Loadholt slip into the first round. He is a mammoth of a man and has developed good footwork.

MidSouthRam
12-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Rising or Falling in relation to the draft board of whom??

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Rise
Taylor Mays
Jermaine Gresham
Jason Smith
Alphonso Smith
Brian Cushing

soybean
12-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Stafford is not a Rodgers/Smith type. He's a prototypical QB that can make all the throws and guys like that don't last very long.

a lot of scouts thought rodgers was the perfect prototypical qb....

i really like zach follett, think he could make an impact.

BigBanger
12-27-2008, 10:33 PM

Found my sig.

If he enters he's going first overall. The Lions will have the first pick. The Lions don't have a QB. Stafford is the next Jay Cutler. Do the math.

etk
12-27-2008, 10:35 PM
a lot of scouts thought rodgers was the perfect prototypical qb....

i really like zach follett, think he could make an impact.

He's not a bad prospect, but let's be real here. He was going up against Youngblood/Rutledge and Cal made no attempt to hide what they were doing....he blitzed on the same side almost every play and no one blocked him. If we had 1 half-decent RT he would've been invisible.

Solomon
12-28-2008, 03:19 PM
I could see Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt going in the first round. I could see juniors like Brandon Spikes, Trevard Lindley and Ndmakung Suh fly up draft boards if they declare early.

As far as people dropping. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyson Jackson, Laurinaitis and Brandon Pettigrew fell out of the first round.