PDA

View Full Version : Pat White's Future NFL Position

jessekopplin77
12-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Just came off his 4th bowl win in his career, and had a pretty good game passing. Many people think he will play Wide Receiver in the NFL, but he wants to play Quarterback.

Vote on what position you think he will play, and explain why.

Bengals78
12-27-2008, 04:08 PM
I think he will play WR and be a Josh Cribbs kind of player. He will be valuable to who ever takes him

Yatta!
12-27-2008, 04:13 PM
If he sticks to his guns and stays at QB he won't do anything although someone will probably take a flyer on him, he could have success at WR (like Randle El, Smith etc.) but he really is an unknown quality. Hugely talented though.

Race for the Heisman
12-27-2008, 04:41 PM
His arm, system, and frame all say wide receiver.

RaiderNation
12-27-2008, 05:07 PM
He will be used in wildcat formations for which ever team drafts him. Might be a #4 WR and KR

scottyboy
12-27-2008, 05:12 PM
left bench/clipboard holder.

Bengals78
12-27-2008, 05:15 PM
left bench/clipboard holder.

Well left bench is a much more highly touted position than right bench....
and someone has to pick up coaches hat when he tosses it

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-27-2008, 05:16 PM
RDEHe'll know what the QB is thinking!

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 05:18 PM
RDEHe'll know what the QB is thinking!

yes, with his speed, he will easily be a pro bowler

mcshay has him ranked higher than tebow

Race for the Heisman
12-27-2008, 07:02 PM
yes, with his speed, he will easily be a pro bowler

mcshay has him ranked higher than tebow

Tebow's more of a base end and everyone knows the right end is the flashy guy who gets paid.

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Tebow's more of a base end and everyone knows the right end is the flashy guy who gets paid.

draft them both!!!!!!!

2 qbs as de; how will the qb know what to do?

BBIB
12-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Just came off his 4th bowl win in his career, and had a pretty good game passing. Many people think he will play Wide Receiver in the NFL, but he wants to play Quarterback.

As I stated going into the Bowl season, he had the Bowl Game, Senior Bowl, and the Combine to change scouts minds about pegging him at the WR position.

He should also take advantage of opportunity to play in the All-State All-STar Challenge.

If he excels in all those areas it would be pretty unfair for him not to get a shot at playing QB.

He's far more efficient as a passer than guys like Cribbs, Randle El, etc in college.

None of those guys could have made the throw Pat White made on his 3rd TD today.

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 07:09 PM
As I stated going into the Bowl season, he had the Bowl Game, Senior Bowl, and the Combine to change scouts minds about pegging him at the WR position.

He should also take advantage of opportunity to play in the All-State All-STar Challenge.

If he excels in all those areas it would be pretty unfair for him not to get a shot at playing QB.

He's far more efficient as a passer than guys like Cribbs, Randle El, etc in college.

None of those guys could have made the throw Pat White made on his 3rd TD today.

say he looked pretty good in the bowl game; really only 1 bad decision

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Stick him at WR he has more upside there than at QB.

BBIB
12-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Stick him at WR he has more upside there than at QB.

He has more upside at QB.

A dynamic QB can have more of an impact on the game than a WR.

Race for the Heisman
12-27-2008, 07:22 PM
He has more upside at QB.

A dynamic QB can have more of an impact on the game than a WR.

True, but a dynamic quarterback needs a deep ball that defenses will respect. I'm not sure White has that. He's also quite thin. He won't get the same respect as a runner, either, if the first guy who tries to tackle him snaps him in half.

PACKmanN
12-27-2008, 07:36 PM
draft them both!!!!!!!

2 qbs as de; how will the qb know what to do?

how about one at safety so he could read the qbs' eyes, lolz.

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2008, 08:28 PM
He's a WR and there isn't much discussion about it, if I'm not mistaken he will be playing WR in all the senior bowl events...Nobody is wasting their time trying to make this guy a QB, he's the next athlete at QB to make the switch and there isn't one single team who would try him at QB.

Cigaro
12-27-2008, 08:32 PM
He's actually a pretty decent passer, just not good enough to do so in the NFL.

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 08:36 PM
He's a WR and there isn't much discussion about it, if I'm not mistaken he will be playing WR in all the senior bowl events...Nobody is wasting their time trying to make this guy a QB, he's the next athlete at QB to make the switch and there isn't one single team who would try him at QB.

nope, selected as a qb

I_C_DeadPeople
12-27-2008, 08:41 PM

If he really wants to play QB he should look at the CFL to develop there. His game is suitable to the CFL.

BBIB
12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
True, but a dynamic quarterback needs a deep ball that defenses will respect. I'm not sure White has that. He's also quite thin. He won't get the same respect as a runner, either, if the first guy who tries to tackle him snaps him in half.

You must not have watched many WVU games. Pat White constantly takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

BTW, adding 20 pounds of muscle is not that hard these days. In fact White is noticeably bigger than he was since he was a Freshman.

And the reason people are unsure that he has a deep ball is because of the lack of creativity in their offense with all the screen passes at the LOS they run in their offense.

When they have let Pat White actually throw the football down the field he has not disappointed. And he has come a long way this year especially with his footwork in the pocket.

BBIB
12-27-2008, 08:59 PM

Actually he's slated at QB in the Senior Bowl

"I think that Pat White proved to the nation this season that he can beat you with more than just his legs," Senior Bowl President Steve Hale said. "He deserves the chance to perform in front of the NFL coaches and scouts in attendance here that week as a quarterback."

There will be plenty of NFL scouts at the Senior Bowl who Pat White could potentially change their pre-conceived biases about him as the next Cribbs, Randle El, etc.

Based on what? He has just as much zip on the football as your average NFL QB. And equipped with 4.4 speed, that would make his impact potentially above average.

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
You must not have watched many WVU games. Pat White constantly takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

BTW, adding 20 pounds of muscle is not that hard these days. In fact White is noticeably bigger than he was since he was a Freshman.

And the reason people are unsure that he has a deep ball is because of the lack of creativity in their offense with all the screen passes at the LOS they run in their offense.

When they have let Pat White actually throw the football down the field he has not disappointed. And he has come a long way this year especially with his footwork in the pocket.With all that said there is about 20 quarterbacks I would take over him. He has more upside as a wr.

BBIB
12-27-2008, 09:03 PM
With all that said there is about 20 quarterbacks I would take over him. He has more upside as a wr.

Pat White has potential to be an above average QB in the NFL

I know I constantly refer to QB as the glory position, but if you're comparing QB and WR, but if I had to choose between an above average QB and an above average WR, I'm taking the QB every time.

And I hope you were talking 20 QBs in the NFL. If you think there are 20 QB prospects in NCAA that are better than Pat WHite, that is laughable

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2008, 09:05 PM

When they have let Pat White actually throw the football down the field he has not disappointed. And he has come a long way this year especially with his footwork in the pocket.

Lots of QB's turned WR looked alot better then Pat White ever did, I am pretty sure somebody would of given Brad Smith or Antwaan Randle El a chance before Pat White.

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Pat White has potential to be an above average QB in the NFL

I know I constantly refer to QB as the glory position, but if you're comparing QB and WR, but if I had to choose between an above average QB and an above average WR, I'm taking the QB every time.

And I hope you were talking 20 QBs in the NFL. If you think there are 20 QB prospects in NCAA that are better than Pat WHite, that is laughableAt his very best he would be Seneca Wallace.

BBIB
12-27-2008, 09:08 PM
At his very best he would be Seneca Wallace.

That's ridiculous. His ceiling is Seneca Wallace?

Does Seneca Wallace have 4.4 speed?

BBIB
12-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Lots of QB's turned WR looked alot better then Pat White ever did, I am pretty sure somebody would of given Brad Smith or Antwaan Randle El a chance before Pat White.

Antoine Randle El
2001- 120.1 passer rating (67th in nation)
2000- 103.9 passer rating (88th in nation)

Brad Smith
2005- 114.1 passer rating (86th in nation)
2004- 110.7 passer rating (93rd in nation)
2003- 114.1 passer rating (84th in nation)
2002- 117.3 passer rating (79th in nation)

Those guys couldn't even put up respectable efficiency numbers in college.

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Antoine Randle El

Brad Smith

Those guys couldn't even put up respectable efficiency numbers in college.You can't just use stats. Pat White physically is not an NFL QB.

BBIB
12-27-2008, 09:18 PM
You can't just use stats. Pat White physically is not an NFL QB.

The raw numbers are even more pathetic

Antwaan Randle El

9 TDs
5 INTs

51.1 completion percentage (118/231)

14 TDs
10 INTs

48.0 comp percentage (133/277)

Those numbers are absolutely PATHETIC.

No higher than 14 TDs?
Completion percentages of 48% and 51%?
This guy was completely inept at passing the football.

Maybe you could make that argument about Pat White as a Freshman, but not Pat White the Senior.

Not much better for Brad Smith

Brad Smith the Senior

13 TDs
9 INTs

59.3 completion percentage (237/399)

Or how about his season with his best TD/INT ratio?

17 TDs
11 INTs

51.7 completion percentage (191/369)

These guys could not even rank respectably among their average peers in the NCAA

It's absolutely ridiculous to compare these guys to Pat White as passers.

It's not even the numbers either. Anyone who watched those guys play know they couldn't make the throws that Pat White has shown he is capable of making.

Again none of those guys like Cribbs, Randle El, Brad Smith, make that throw that Pat White made for his 3rd TD today. Or one of the 1st downs he threw on a rope that didn't go for a TD near the sidelines. Nor do they have the touch to even make the first TD throw he made.

Nor do they have the pocket presence to make the 2nd one.

It's absolutely ridiculous comparison. Yes Pat White has a ton of rushing yards like all those guys, but he's by far a better passer than them all. Possibly why his yards per carry is by far better as well.

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:22 PM

Antwaan Randle El

9 TDs
5 INTs

14 TDs
10 INTs

No higher than 14 TDs?

Maybe you could make that argument about Pat White as a Freshman, but not Pat White the Senior.

Brad Smith the Senior

13 TDs
9 INTs

17 TDs
11 INTs

These guys could not even rank respectably among their average peers in the NCAA

It's not even the numbers either. Anyone who watched those guys play know they couldn't make the throws that Pat White has shown he is capable of making.

Again none of those guys like Cribbs, Randle El, Brad Smith, make that throw that Pat White made for his 3rd TD today. Or one of the 1st downs he threw on a rope that didn't go for a TD near the sidelines. Nor do they have the touch to even make the first TD throw he made.

It's absolutely ridiculous comparison. Yes Pat White has a ton of rushing yards like all those guys, but he's by far a better passer than them all. Possibly why his yards per carry is by far better as well.The problem there is a lot of QBs in this draft who have better arms, mechanics, accuracy, size and touch than White.

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Antoine Randle El

Brad Smith

Those guys couldn't even put up respectable efficiency numbers in college.

Yea because using stats means anything, he is in the most gimmicky offense ever and NEVER has to make an NFL read...All his big throws are started off like running plays and the safeties come down to support the run and someone is left wide open.

Brad Smith set more then 60 records for the school, Big 12, and NCAA in his tenure, trust me if Reggie McNeal didn't get a chance to play QB then Pat White won't...He's the next guy in line to make the switch, people always want to come up with these arguments and stats as to why he could and they never make any sense.

Most of these dual threat QB's broke all kinds of records, again nobody is drafting this guy as a QB, especially not coming from the offense he came from...Troy Smith was given a chance because he was in a pro style system and he progressed to a poised pocket passer, things White has never done or been asked to do consistently.

Using all those numbers and stats is a big waste of your time, do some research, you won't find one single team who thinks he has what it takes to be a QB.

BBIB
12-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Yea because using stats means anything, he is in the most gimmicky offense ever and NEVER has to make an NFL read...All his big throws are started off like running plays and the safeties come down to support the run and someone is left wide open.

Brad Smith set more then 60 records for the school, Big 12, and NCAA in his tenure, trust me if Reggie McNeal didn't get a chance to play QB then Pat White won't...He's the next guy in line to make the switch, people always want to come up with these arguments and stats as to why he could and they never make any sense.

Most of these dual threat QB's broke all kinds of records, again nobody is drafting this guy as a QB, especially not coming from the offense he came from...Troy Smith was given a chance because he was in a pro style system and he progressed to a poised pocket passer, things White has never done or been asked to do consistently.

Using all those numbers and stats is a big waste of your time, do some research, you won't find one single team who thinks he has what it takes to be a QB.

How many records did Brad Smith break in terms of passing?

His career high TD total was 17 along with 11 INTs. The same year he barely completed 50% of his passes

Reggie McNeal's career high TD total was 16 TDs along with 9 INTs. He had a stellar 53% comp percentage.

The only one of those running Qbs that switched to WR that ever had anything close to a respectable season as a passer was Matt Jones. And he got invited to the Senior Bowl as a WR not a QB.

Pat White for his career is one of the most efficient QBs in the nation. He has a stellar TD/INT ratio. He deserves a shot to earn a chance to play QB in the NFL

Well at least if the NFL was actually a true meritocracy.

Was Pat White asked to consistently go to the air? Of course not in the type of run heavy option they ran.

But guess what? There was a run heavy option at Syracuse with McNabb who's career high in passing TDs is only one higher than that of Pat White. But what type of passer did McNabb turn into?

One of the finest in NFL history in terms of TD/INT ratio

A QB's stock should not be punished for the playcalling of his school if he shows the tools to play QB.

McNabb did at the Senior Bowl and Pat White should be able to as well

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:30 PM
How many records did Brad Smith break in terms of passing?

His career high TD total was 17 along with 11 INTs. The same year he barely completed 50% of his passes

Reggie McNeal's career high TD total was 16 TDs along with 9 INTs. He had a stellar 53% comp percentage.

The only one of those running Qbs that switched to WR that ever had anything close to a respectable season as a passer was Matt Jones. And he got invited to the Senior Bowl as a WR not a QB.

Pat White for his career is one of the most efficient QBs in the nation. He has a stellar TD/INT ratio. He deserves a shot to earn a chance to play QB in the NFL

Well at least if the NFL was actually a true meritocracy.If it was just stats Graham Harrel and Colt Brennan would be be the next Manning and Brady.

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 09:35 PM

no they arent; guess you missed some wvu games this year (or todays game)

BBIB
12-27-2008, 09:35 PM
If it was just stats Graham Harrel and Colt Brennan would be be the next Manning and Brady.

The funny thing is even without numbers none of those guys are comparable to White as a passer.

I watched Brad Smith at Missouri, I watched Matt Jones in person at Arkansas, those guys are not capable of making the throws that Pat White is capable of making.

If it was just stats Graham Harrel and Colt Brennan would be be the next Manning and Brady.

Those are pass happy systems where the QB gets the ball to the receiver in space.

Pat White has shown the ability to hit a receiver down the field in perfect stride.

And he doesn't have Michael Crabtree either. And unlike Brennan, he didn't look like crap on the big stage in a BCS Bowl game

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:36 PM
The funny thing is even without numbers none of those guys are comparable to White as a passer.

I watched Brad Smith at Missouri, I watched Matt Jones in person at Arkansas, those guys are not capable of making the throws that Pat White is capable of making.But there are over 20 QBS in this draft who can

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2008, 09:38 PM

I watched Brad Smith at Missouri, I watched Matt Jones in person at Arkansas, those guys are not capable of making the throws that Pat White is capable of making.

Those are pass happy systems where the QB gets the ball to the receiver in space.

Pat White has shown the ability to hit a receiver down the field in perfect stride.

And he doesn't have Michael Crabtree either. And unlike Brennan, he didn't look like crap on the big stage in a BCS Bowl game

So because White has good stats he's going to be drafted as an NFL QB?

foozball
im wondering how hes rated ahead of jaret dillard

BBIB
But there are over 20 QBS in this draft who can

LOL

This ought to be entertaining. Name 20 QBs who are draft eligible who have higher ceilings than Pat White

illmatic74

And he doesn't have Michael Crabtree either. And unlike Brennan, he didn't look like crap on the big stage in a BCS Bowl gameThe system Pat White is in is simpler than Texas Tech's and Hawaii

BBIB
12-27-2008, 09:39 PM
So because White has good stats he's going to be drafted as an NFL QB?

No because he has a decent arm, is a great decision maker, and combined with his great footwork and presence in the pocket and his elite athleticism, could make him an above average QB in the NFL.

BBIB
12-27-2008, 09:42 PM
The system Pat White is in is simpler than Texas Tech's and Hawaii

And the system Donovan McNabb played in is more simple than the one John David Booty played in.

It's about physical tools.

If you actually watched a few of the games where they let Pat White throw the ball down the field you would know this

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:44 PM
LOL

This ought to be entertaining. Name 20 QBs who are draft eligible who have higher ceilings than Pat White
1. Matthew Stafford
2. Sam Bradford
3. Mark Sanchez
4. Josh Freeman
5. Nate Davis
6. Adam Weber SO(RS)
7. Tom Brandstater
8. Rhett Bomar
9. Hunter Cantwell
10. Jevan Snead
11. Nathan Brown
12. Chris Crane
13. Mike Teel
14. Stephen Mcgee
15. Drew Wily
16. Curtis Painter
17. Cullen Harper
18. Graham Harrel
19. Mike Reily
20. Rudy Carpenter
21. Todd Boeckman
22. Graham Harrel
23. Chris Pizzotti
24. Jason Boltus
25. Willie Tuitama
26. Chase Holbrook
27. John Parker Wilson
All have as much or more arm strength than White

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:45 PM
And the system Donovan McNabb played in is more simple than the one John David Booty played in.

It's about physical tools.

If you actually watched a few of the games where they let Pat White throw the ball down the field you would know thisDonovan Mcnabb is better in every facet than Pat White. By a lot.

twizbuck
12-27-2008, 09:48 PM
He'll be someone's Randle El/Josh Cribbs. Don't know if he'll be as good of a WR or ST, but he'll have an impact. Just not a major one. Wouldn't mind having him on the team though.

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 09:51 PM
if anyone watched todays bowl game vs any game last year, you would see how much improved he is in the passing game

Sniper
12-27-2008, 09:53 PM
And I hope you were talking 20 QBs in the NFL. If you think there are 20 QB prospects in NCAA that are better than Pat WHite, that is laughable

Matt Stafford
Sam Bradford
Colt McCoy
Rhett Bomar
Tim Tebow
Max Hall
Graham Harrell
Nate Davis
Drew Willy
Zac Robinson
Josh Freeman
Dan LeFevour
Adam Weber
John Parker Wilson
Juice Williams
Mark Sanchez
Willie Tuitama
Cullen Harper
Jevan Snead
Daryl Clark

All better prospects than White as a QB.

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2008, 09:53 PM
No because he has a decent arm, is a great decision maker, and combined with his great footwork and presence in the pocket and his elite athleticism, could make him an above average QB in the NFL.

That's your opinion and that's fine, but no real NFL scouts agree with you.

Great pocket presence? Ummm, you lost me there...How many times has he dropped back stood in the pocket and been asked to make an NFL read? It's very rare, his arm is strong enough to make college throws the same way Brad Smith, Randle El, and McNeal's arm was.

There is no way I'm buying Pat White as a better QB prospect then McNeal was, alot of people felt McNeal could of been a very solid NFL QB with a few years on the bench, but when your drafted as a WR/Return Specialist that's your job, and nobody is pulling the trigger on White to play QB.

I'm sure he already knows this as well, but I would for someone to show me at least one team and/or scout that thinks he can or will be a QB at the next level, WV homers or WV beat writers don't count.

I'll be the first to admit he makes some impressive throws with some zip on them, but that hardly makes you a NFL QB...The same is still true for Randle El, he can still fling the ball around like some of the best of them, but that's far from enough to be drafted as a QB.

Sniper
12-27-2008, 09:54 PM
if anyone watched todays bowl game vs any game last year, you would see how much improved he is in the passing game

.....against the country's 80th ranked pass defense.

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 09:55 PM
.....against the country's 80th ranked pass defense.

talking about making reads, footwork, etc

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 09:56 PM
if anyone watched todays bowl game vs any game last year, you would see how much improved he is in the passing gameWillie Tuitama looked better in his bowl game and no one thinks he could be an above average NFL QB

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Willie Tuitama looked better in his bowl game and no one thinks he could be an above average NFL QB

if you've seen pat play this year vs last year, you can see a difference

illmatic74
12-27-2008, 10:02 PM
if you've seen pat play this year vs last year, you can see a differenceThere is no denying he got better(I watched almost every West Virginia game last year) but he is not good enough to be a NFL QB.

LonghornsLegend
12-27-2008, 11:08 PM
if you've seen pat play this year vs last year, you can see a difference

What's your point? Yes he has improved, alot...Since when does improvement make you a NFL QB? He should improve, as should any junior QB going into his senior year, but that's not the question at hand.

kwilk103
12-27-2008, 11:23 PM
What's your point? Yes he has improved, alot...Since when does improvement make you a NFL QB? He should improve, as should any junior QB going into his senior year, but that's not the question at hand.

1st year he was taught to look past his 1st option

grover33
12-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I think Pat White will transition into a player like Brad Smith or Josh Cribbs, running the Wilcat Formation next season will be huge for teams and even though he may not be ready for that yet, he will run it later in the season after he earns more experience maybe, he should be quite the project player.

Hawk
12-28-2008, 12:41 AM
I don't think Pat White has the pocket presents to be an NFL QB.

kwilk103
12-28-2008, 01:44 AM
I don't think Pat White has the pocket presents to be an NFL QB.

please tell me you're joking

Paranoidmoonduck
12-28-2008, 03:05 AM
I'll say this. You definitely hear murmurs that White is going to get serious looks at quarterback from scouts and from watching his play this year, he probably deserves it. I'm not sure I'd bet money that he stays at quarterback in the NFL (at least in the sense we understand the position), but the guy may be drafted by a team that will at least give him a chance under center.

Sniper
12-28-2008, 07:11 AM
1st year he was taught to look past his 1st option

Because of two things.

A) He's not a good passer
B) He's such a dynamic runner that it makes no sense to try to have him make crappy passes when he can run it.

Sniper
12-28-2008, 07:18 AM
While White's performance against UNC and their 80th ranked pass D was impressive, some of the other games this year were awful, including three games where he didn't pass for more than 72 yards.

@ ECU: 11/18, 72 yards, 4.0 ypa
@ Colorado: 10/15, 43 yards, 2.9 ypa
Syracuse: 14/20, 52 yards, 2.6 ypa, 1 INT

No throwing TDs in any of these games. For all the talk about how there would be more downfield passing with Bill Stewart and the departure of Rodriguez, White had (by far) his worst ypa performance of his career.

2008: 6.24
2007: 7.98
2006: 9.25
2005: 7.26

I really think trying to insist on making White a pass first, run second quarterback is going back to the whole square peg, round hole deal. You're taking away what makes him the most effective for the sake of trying to make him into something he's not.

AtariBigby
12-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Some people rip on Tim Tebow's passing ability, form, technique, but think Pat White can be an above-average NFL QB?
Come on dog.

Pat White is Brad Smith.
Pat White is Reggie McNeal.
Pat White is Antwan Randle-El.

He better hope he doesn't end up like McNeal though.
But all 3 of those guys were great multi-purpose collegiate QBs who didn't have NFL passing arms. Neither does Pat White. Sure his arm is okay, but there's a difference between an ok arm, and an NFL arm. And with the NFL arm is required to be an NFL QB-brain at reading and reacting to coverages.

The results of our poll here speaks to the overall intelligence of the crowd here. Very impressive NFLDC-nation!

scottyboy
12-28-2008, 09:49 AM

Antwaan Randle El

9 TDs
5 INTs

14 TDs
10 INTs

No higher than 14 TDs?

Brad Smith the Senior

13 TDs
9 INTs

17 TDs
11 INTs

It's absolutely ridiculous comparison. Yes Pat White has a ton of rushing yards like all those guys, but he's by far a better passer than them all. Possibly why his yards per carry is by far better as well.

and those guys all wish they played in the Big East. Come on, Mike Teel puts up big numbers from time to time, in the Big East. When you play teams like Uconn(especially 2-3 years ago), 'Cuse etc, you're gonna put up better numbers. I really wanna see what White would've done against the competition Indiana and Mizzou face...

gpngc
12-28-2008, 11:16 AM
White made an NFL stick throw yesterday on a skinny post. I'm no QB guru but his footwork wasn't awful by any stretch.

As far as the "NFL reads" argument- what exactly is an NFL read? The exact same thing as a college read except faster. Plus no one realizes that if Pat White did get a shot in the NFL, I'm sure his coaches would tailor the offense so that it played to his strengths. What I mean is- he won't be 7-step-dropping back under center with four options down the field. He'll be put in a situation where he can bootleg, run around, throw deep, and have limited decisions to make.

The question is, can he throw the deep out? Like Tebow, he can really do a lot of good for his cause as a QB at his pro day.

Excellent character, athleticism, and production will get him drafted in the 5th at the latest.

Everyone wants to paint him as Randle El but how do we know he can catch or run routes?

We do know he can throw it and run it pretty darn well and if Tyler Thigpen and Seneca Wallace can start games in the NFL, there's no reason to doubt one of the greatest college players of our generation in Pat White.

BBIB
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM

Well there are guys like Brad Smith and Reggie McNeal who regressed instead of progressed.

Because of two things.

A) He's not a good passer
B) He's such a dynamic runner that it makes no sense to try to have him make crappy passes when he can run it.

A)He's a respectable passer
B)When you put an athlete at the QB position who is a respectable passer it's much more dangerous overall.

It's why Vick averaged so many yards per carry. IN fact more than any other player in league history.

It's why he was top 10 in the league in TDs 3 of his 4 years as a starter and in win percentage despite an inferior cast.

Putting the ball in a playmaker's hands on every play makes them much more dangerous.

BBIB
12-28-2008, 06:19 PM
White made an NFL stick throw yesterday on a skinny post. I'm no QB guru but his footwork wasn't awful by any stretch.

As far as the "NFL reads" argument- what exactly is an NFL read? The exact same thing as a college read except faster. Plus no one realizes that if Pat White did get a shot in the NFL, I'm sure his coaches would tailor the offense so that it played to his strengths. What I mean is- he won't be 7-step-dropping back under center with four options down the field. He'll be put in a situation where he can bootleg, run around, throw deep, and have limited decisions to make.

The question is, can he throw the deep out? Like Tebow, he can really do a lot of good for his cause as a QB at his pro day.

Excellent character, athleticism, and production will get him drafted in the 5th at the latest.

Everyone wants to paint him as Randle El but how do we know he can catch or run routes?

We do know he can throw it and run it pretty darn well and if Tyler Thigpen and Seneca Wallace can start games in the NFL, there's no reason to doubt one of the greatest college players of our generation in Pat White.

Great post. Honestly Seneca Wallace with the athleticism of Pat White could be a top 15 QB.

And Pat White is capable of putting more zip on the fotoball than Wallace.

Look at guys like Pennington, Shaun Hill, Jeff Garcia, etc who don't have elite arm strength. Yet they get it done.

The idea that Pat White doesn't have the physical tools is bogus. Same with the mental tools. He's not a mental midget. He may speak with a southern drawl, but the guy has shown the ability to learn how to set his feet in the pocket and go through his progressions

While White's performance against UNC and their 80th ranked pass D was impressive, some of the other games this year were awful, including three games where he didn't pass for more than 72 yards.

@ ECU: 11/18, 72 yards, 4.0 ypa
@ Colorado: 10/15, 43 yards, 2.9 ypa
Syracuse: 14/20, 52 yards, 2.6 ypa, 1 INT

No throwing TDs in any of these games. For all the talk about how there would be more downfield passing with Bill Stewart and the departure of Rodriguez, White had (by far) his worst ypa performance of his career.

2008: 6.24
2007: 7.98
2006: 9.25
2005: 7.26

I really think trying to insist on making White a pass first, run second quarterback is going back to the whole square peg, round hole deal. You're taking away what makes him the most effective for the sake of trying to make him into something he's not.

You act like it was Pat White who called all those screen passes.

When he throws the ball down the field he has been successful.

illmatic74
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Great post. Honestly Seneca Wallace with the athleticism of Pat White could be a top 15 QB.
And Pat White is capable of putting more zip on the fotoball than Wallace.

Look at guys like Pennington, Shaun Hill, Jeff Garcia, etc who don't have elite arm strength. Yet they get it done.

The idea that Pat White doesn't have the physical tools is bogus. Same with the mental tools. He's not a mental midget. He may speak with a southern drawl, but the guy has shown the ability to learn how to set his feet in the pocket and go through his progressions

Top 15 NFL QBS in no particular order
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Ben Rothelisberger
Jay Cutler
Drew Brees
Donovan McNabb
Jason Campbell
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Chad Pennington
Tony Romo
Matt Ryan
Jeff Garcia
Matt Schuab
Kurt Warner
How many of those guys are "dynamic QBS"

Race for the Heisman
12-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Top 15 NFL QBS in no particular order
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Ben Rothelisberger
Jay Cutler
Drew Brees
Donovan McNabb
Jason Campbell
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Chad Pennington
Tony Romo
Matt Ryan
Jeff Garcia
Matt Schuab
Kurt Warner
How many of those guys are "dynamic QBS"

Romo, Roethlisberger, Garcia, and McNabb are all dynamic for my money, but not in the same sense that the tag is supposed to be for Pat White (someone who will put up running back yards on the ground).

EvilMonkey
12-28-2008, 11:36 PM
I still want to see a team come out and try running an option offense in the NFL. I know i've heard for years that defenses are so much faster in the NFL and all that so options have no chance of working and all that, but we've seen with the wildcat this year and other offenses in the past (couple years ago when the Titans ran a lot of shotgun spread option stuff) that these type of offenses work and maybe have the potential to be more than just gimmick plays.

I know it's not gonna happen and defenses would probably be able to adjust if they were up against a full-time option offense, but I still want to see it so I voted Pat has a QB out of hope.

Larry121283
12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Brad Smith.

He'll do similar things. Play some WR. Take some snaps from center. Be funneled the football in the open field.

They'll accentuate his positives and see what he can do early in his career.

I don't think he'll necessarily get square pegged into a position, he'll just be an athlete.

Sniper
12-29-2008, 09:37 AM

If he was so successful throwing the ball down the field, WVU wouldn't call so many screens.

BBIB
12-29-2008, 01:55 PM
If he was so successful throwing the ball down the field, WVU wouldn't call so many screens.

You give their coaching staff too much credit.

The guy had a career high 5 passing TDs, never even previously had 3 in the first game where he had a ton of passing attempts. Then they completely abandon that new pass happy philosophy.

This is the same incompetent coaching staff that didn't double team that #1 WR for UNC.

BBIB
12-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I still want to see a team come out and try running an option offense in the NFL. I know i've heard for years that defenses are so much faster in the NFL and all that so options have no chance of working and all that, but we've seen with the wildcat this year and other offenses in the past (couple years ago when the Titans ran a lot of shotgun spread option stuff) that these type of offenses work and maybe have the potential to be more than just gimmick plays.

I know it's not gonna happen and defenses would probably be able to adjust if they were up against a full-time option offense, but I still want to see it so I voted Pat has a QB out of hope.

Teams are too conservative. But all it takes is one and the rest will follow.

Maybe if the Dolphins somehow upset the Ravens in the playoffs while featuring that Wildcat offense that could shake things up.

Problem is if it fails people will say "see told you it doesn't work" while ignoring the fact that the Ravens shut down most traditional passing attacks and rushing offenses.

kwilk103
12-29-2008, 02:31 PM

The guy had a career high 5 passing TDs, never even previously had 3 in the first game where he had a ton of passing attempts. Then they completely abandon that new pass happy philosophy.

This is the same incompetent coaching staff that didn't double team that #1 WR for UNC.

we didnt abandon it; our receivers cant get open consistently

there is not one receiver on our roster that will play in the nfl----starks has the potential, but this was his first year playing wr

BBIB
12-29-2008, 03:59 PM
we didnt abandon it; our receivers cant get open consistently

there is not one receiver on our roster that will play in the nfl----starks has the potential, but this was his first year playing wr

Good point. Those guys also seemed to not know what a scramble drill was. I think it was the ECU game I was watching when White was running around trying to buy time and no one could break free.

You guys really missed Reynaud this year.

That's why Im interested to see Pat White in the Senior Bowl. Although the talent on defense will be a lot tougher, seeing him on the field with some of the best wideouts in the country should be interesting.

kwilk103
12-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Good point. Those guys also seemed to not know what a scramble drill was. I think it was the ECU game I was watching when White was running around trying to buy time and no one could break free.

You guys really missed Reynaud this year.

That's why Im interested to see Pat White in the Senior Bowl. Although the talent on defense will be a lot tougher, seeing him on the field with some of the best wideouts in the country should be interesting.

they also dont come back to him after they finish their routes

their are mac schools with better receivers

kwilk103
12-31-2008, 08:44 PM
fwiw, hes going to train in california with a qb coach

anyone know who that is?

Sniper
12-31-2008, 09:48 PM

Who gives a **** if he threw for five touchdowns against Villanova? That's not impressive. I give WVU's staff zero credit. **** WVU.

Sniper
12-31-2008, 09:50 PM
fwiw, hes going to train in california with a qb coach

anyone know who that is?

Maybe Steve Clarkson? The guy's worked with Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Leinart, J.P Losman, Jimmy Clausen, Gino Toretta and a bunch of others. I think he's currently training Matt Barkley.

kwilk103
12-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Maybe Steve Clarkson? The guy's worked with Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Leinart, J.P Losman, Jimmy Clausen, Gino Toretta and a bunch of others. I think he's currently training Matt Barkley.

he didnt say the guys name; just when asked if he was going to train for the senior bowl, he said he was going to a qb coach in california

i would imagine it was someone good like him though

BBIB
01-01-2009, 02:21 PM
There is no question that Pat White wants to try to be a QB at the next level.

Im sure if it's between WR or no NFL, he'll obviously conform to be a WR, but he at least deserves a shot to make a case for himself at QB.

That's a lot of pressure on his performance during Senior Bowl week, combine, etc.. At least it seems like he is preparing for it.

I'd like to see him succeed and change this ridiculous doctrinaire that all these type of guys have to switch positions at the next level.

We could be missing out on special displays of talent because of it

kwilk103
01-12-2009, 07:24 PM
found this tidbit

The Dolphins are intrigued by West Virginia quarterback Pat White in the upcoming April NFL Draft with an eye on his having a major role in the team's Wildcat offensive variation next season. That's according to a source of ours who is privvy to personnel guru Bill Parcells telling an associate exactly that within the past few days.

This is interesting on a couple of fronts. 1) It suggests Tuna is actively engaged in draft planning and has every intention of staying on despite recent speculation. 2) It indicates Miami feels there is much life left in the Wildcat and many ways to expand it.

http://blogs.herald.com/random_evidence/2009/01/miami-dolphins.html

hagy34
01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm sure he'll be a backup WR and return kicks and punts. He'll be a major project but I wouldn't mind taking him late based on his open field ability.

CC.SD
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Hybrid player in the Dolphins' wildcat FTW.

hagy34
01-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Hybrid player in the Dolphins' wildcat FTW.

Now it would be fun to see him running some form of the wildcat. I wonder if a team will target him with just that in mind...?

holt_bruce81
01-12-2009, 09:47 PM
He'll be a Wide Receiver, I actually (and I might be the only one) see a little Hines Ward in Pat White. A physical guy who isn't afraid to get dirty. Could be a very good receiver.

hagy34
01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
He'll be a Wide Receiver, I actually (and I might be the only one) see a little Hines Ward in Pat White. A physical guy who isn't afraid to get dirty. Could be a very good receiver.

Thats an interesting angle. Its always fun to see how these QBs translate at the next level. It will be fun to watch where he goes in April.

scottyboy
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
i could see him fitting in a quasi-gimmicky system like Miami coming in to run wild cat. that's probably his best and really, only fit.

Dude's fast and a baller, but why to small and fragile to play WR. He'd never be able to go over the middle and would pretty much run go and fly routes. And honestly, you're joking yourself if you think he can make it in the NFL as a QB. His speed, agility and alusiveness will land him a roster spot, and the Dolphins seem like a perfect fit...

holt_bruce81
01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
i could see him fitting in a quasi-gimmicky system like Miami coming in to run wild cat. that's probably his best and really, only fit.

Dude's fast and a baller, but why to small and fragile to play WR. He'd never be able to go over the middle and would pretty much run go and fly routes. And honestly, you're joking yourself if you think he can make it in the NFL as a QB. His speed, agility and alusiveness will land him a roster spot, and the Dolphins seem like a perfect fit...

He's no smaller than Atwan Randle El.

scottyboy
01-12-2009, 10:19 PM
He's no smaller than Atwan Randle El.

build wise I'm talking. granted i can't recall Randle El coming out of college, but White gets banged up alot. I really don't see him being able to take the shots as an every down WR ala Randle El, i just don't.

IndyColtScout
01-12-2009, 10:59 PM
next Seneca Wallace?

illmatic74
01-12-2009, 11:36 PM
They will use him like the Jets use Brad Smith.

Texas Homer
01-13-2009, 12:32 AM
WR.I like the guy, but I don't see him as a NFL QB.

BBIB
01-13-2009, 10:58 AM

His chances at QB are not exactly high, but it's not a "joke" if he performs well at the Senior Bowl, combine, pro day, etc.

Pat White has shown the ability to put some serious velocity on the football in his career and he has the effortless quick release that everyone obsesses over a QB needing to have these days.

next Seneca Wallace?

With more speed and a better arm.

Honestly if a guy like Shaun Hill can start in the NFL I know Pat White can. White could potentially be a more athletic version of Jeff Garcia. But it's a matter of him getting that chance.

But of course in order for that to happen, he has to play above and beyond exceptional to take away the strong stigma of dual threat QB having to move to WR.

Sloopy
01-13-2009, 01:33 PM

In my opinion he would be better suited playing baseball as he has already been drafted 2 times and prob has a more promising gloriouse career in the majors

BBIB
01-13-2009, 05:50 PM
In my opinion he would be better suited playing baseball as he has already been drafted 2 times and prob has a more promising gloriouse career in the majors

Everybody gets drafted to play baseball. Michael Vick got drafted to play baseball and he hadn't played since the 8th grade.

It's a much tougher road to climb to go from the minors to the majors in baseball vs getting drafted straight into the pros of the NFL.

kwilk103
01-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Everybody gets drafted to play baseball. Michael Vick got drafted to play baseball and he hadn't played since the 8th grade.

It's a much tougher road to climb to go from the minors to the majors in baseball vs getting drafted straight into the pros of the NFL.

pat had a 2nd round grade coming out of hs as a centerfielder, but was drafted in the 4th due to his committment to wvu

angels offered him 6 figures (speculated around 400k) to go to the minors

so, its not like he was a slouch at baseball

Patrick White was a high school star in baseball, hitting .487, slugging .974 and stealing 28 bases. Baseball America rated him a second-team High School All-American outfielder. The Anaheim Angels selected White in the 4th round of the 2004 amateur draft; he was the second player they took that year, following Jered Weaver.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Patrick_White

An all-state football player as an option quarterback, White has a scholarship to West Virginia (he changed his mind on signing day, eschewing an oral commitment to Louisiana State) that complicates his signability. He has emerged this spring as the best athlete in the prep class. White is an explosive runner whose quick hands at the plate and power potential evoke Devon White comparisons, and his power/speed combination is unmatched in the state. He hit .487-12-48 with 26 stolen bases this spring. To see White’s power, scouts have to watch him take batting practice; his approach means it’s usually absent during games. He’s shown more polish than expected in center field, and may not make it out of the third round.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?cat=9

noromasionadom
01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Offensive QC Asst.

Brown23
01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Who gives a **** if he threw for five touchdowns against Villanova? That's not impressive. I give WVU's staff zero credit. **** WVU.

lol at the Michigan fan angry at a WVU player. Enjoy coach rod sir!

Sniper
01-15-2009, 06:43 AM
lol at the Michigan fan angry at a WVU player. Enjoy coach rod sir!

I'm not angry. Turns out I was right about White and his passing ability, or lack thereof. I will enjoy Coach Rod. WVU went 3-8 in his first season, then he turned them into what they are today.

The first year Rodriguez left, Stewart took them to their first non-January bowl in, what, five years?

BBIB
01-15-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm not angry. Turns out I was right about White and his passing ability, or lack thereof. I will enjoy Coach Rod. WVU went 3-8 in his first season, then he turned them into what they are today.

The first year Rodriguez left, Stewart took them to their first non-January bowl in, what, five years?

Not sure how you were right considering Pat White had a career high in passing TDs this year and his best TD/INT ratio to date.

kwilk103
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Not sure how you were right considering Pat White had a career high in passing TDs this year and his best TD/INT ratio to date.

not to mention we dont have a receiver that will play in the league

starks has a good chance if he develops, but it was his 1st year playing wr

also, whites mechanics and ability to read defenses improved

only if rod would have given trickett a 3 year contract he wanted, we still would have trick :(

illmatic74
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Not sure how you were right considering Pat White had a career high in passing TDs this year and his best TD/INT ratio to date.But his lowest YPA.

Sniper
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM

No he didn't. He averaged 3:1 TD:INT this year. In 2007, he averaged 3.5:1 TD:INT. He also had the least total yards since his freshman year, the worst yards per carry average of his career (by a full 1.7 ypc), his lowest QB rating since his freshman year, and BY FAR the worst ypa of his career (6.7, previous career low of 7.3 as a freshman).

And the team lost four games.

YAYareaRB
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
There'd be no harm in giving him a shot at QB. If he doesn't pan out, stick him at WR.

nfcsouth25
01-16-2009, 11:06 PM
i dont think Fast Qb's should get moved to WR. they shouldnt do that because the QB has no experience at WR. If Pat White hasnt played a down as WR in college how will he be a impact at the Pro level?. he should stay at QB no matter what. He'll be the next Michael Vick

Mr. Stiller
01-17-2009, 02:15 AM

Hines Ward?

He's nothing like Hines Ward.

Speed: Pat White is faster, and more agile
Blocking: Ward is probably the best blocking WR in the league. Pat White looks like Darren Sproles would truck him.
Injuries: Hines has missed a game here and there, but Pat White has had chronic injuries. Which was a knock for Slaton as well. Everytime they started losing it seemed those 2 would walk off the field with injuries.

Mr. Stiller
01-17-2009, 02:21 AM
i dont think Fast Qb's should get moved to WR. they shouldnt do that because the QB has no experience at WR. If Pat White hasnt played a down as WR in college how will he be a impact at the Pro level?. he should stay at QB no matter what. He'll be the next Michael Vick

Antwan Randel El?
Kordell Stewart?

Vox Populi
01-17-2009, 02:43 AM
He should play DB. He'll be able to react to QB's better than anyone. He'll know what they are thinking. Who gives a **** about tackling ability or defensive field awareness anyways. A 9th grade could pick up an NFL Defenses playbook. Then again White did go to WVU...

ChefMike
01-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I see Miami drafting him to run a Wild Cat offense !!! Miami could use an offensive spark to go with Ronnie Brown and Ted Ginn...

BBIB
01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
But his lowest YPA.

Yeah unfortunately they called way too many freaking bubble screens.

Brown23
01-17-2009, 11:45 PM
He should play DB. He'll be able to react to QB's better than anyone. He'll know what they are thinking. Who gives a **** about tackling ability or defensive field awareness anyways. A 9th grade could pick up an NFL Defenses playbook. Then again White did go to WVU...

So do I, so what exactly is that suppose to mean?

jaynestown
01-19-2009, 07:17 AM
After reading through this thread, I felt compelled to register and throw my comments in, because some of the points thrown out were just ridiculous.

Randle El? Seneca Wallace? Let's try and throw him out in some gimmick formations, play WR, sure lets pick him up in the 7th round.

Give me a break.

Pat White is a special formation all to himself. If you draft this man and give him a shot, you don't need a trick plays for him, because he threatens the defense every time he takes the ball, from under center to shotgun.

i love how everyone just repeats the same ole jargon they read from blogs and refuses to think outside the box, but when a man like Parcells starts doing it, all of the sudden its a great idea. Wow, lets all get wildcat formations together now.

Vick hasn't been out of the league for that long, yet everyone seems to forget how a quarterback with the physical talent like Vick and White can change the defensive strategies of even the best schemes and get your otherwise horrible team to the playoffs.

Where do i think he'll go? If/when he shows everyone what he can do in the senior bowl, and after some workouts, i think he will end up going in the second to third rounds, in a year when the quarterback class is very thin, and the dolphins success is fresh in the minds of all. After all, what do teams like the Rams, Chiefs, Lions, Raiders, etc have to lose?

Where would I like to see him go? If he went to a team like the Rams, with Stephen Jackson standing next to him, and a receiver like Tory Holt, that offense will all of a sudden gain a new dimension, with some veteran leadership around him to help Pat develop. This will not immediately translate into 12 wins and a division title, but after 2-3 years of experience behind Bulger or Green and some semblence of the coaching staff piecing together a defense, this team could once again morph into a contender, and White would have success in an otherwise unimaginative league.

Where should he not go? He should not go to a team like Minnesota, Chicago, or Philly because those teams are looking for the guy to win right now(yes, i think McNabb is not coming back), and they should look to free agency. Pat white will be a project, and deserves a shot with a team that otherwise is relegated to using quarterbacks like Thigpen or Russell and continue going 4-12 as they search the draft every year for the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Sniper
01-19-2009, 07:21 AM
(yes, i think McNabb is not coming back)

Donovan McNabb's not going anywhere.

jaynestown
01-19-2009, 07:33 AM
He wants out, fans want him and Reid out. Time has run out.

Sniper
01-19-2009, 07:37 AM
He wants out, fans want him and Reid out. Time has run out.

Thanks for telling me what Philly fans feel. I had no idea. :rolleyes: He's not going anywhere. Jeffrey Lurie loves him. He and Reid saved their jobs by extending the season. He will be back.

Solo253
01-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Anybody who trult thinks Pat White will play receiver is sadly confused. Randle El had an okay arm and good speed. Pat White has a great arm and good speed not to mention a perfect post season record. The problem with quarterbaks in the NFL these days is the fact that they are terrific specimens but do no have what it takes to win in the clutch or in the postseason. If you put Pat White at receiver you are losing out on his gretest asset and that is the asset to win. He is a mobile quarterback who limits mistakes and knows what it feels like to win. I would take a Pat White over a Mark Sanchez any day. Sorry USC fans. Dogs aside, look at the success comaprison of Michael Vick and Matt Leinart. Who was the more successful quarteback in the NFL? You people act like pat white is a midget. The guy is 6' 1". He'll be the most valuable pick in the 3rd or 4th round to be selected. He would be great with Miami's wildcat formation or Seattle with Jim Mora bringing in a different philosophy of football to Seattle. Remember who use to coach Mike Vick ladies and gents.

Sniper
01-19-2009, 08:08 AM
So do I, so what exactly is that suppose to mean?

It means WVU is a crappy academic school.

illmatic74
01-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Anybody who trult thinks Pat White will play receiver is sadly confused. Randle El had an okay arm and good speed. Pat White has a great arm and good speed not to mention a perfect post season record. The problem with quarterbaks in the NFL these days is the fact that they are terrific specimens but do no have what it takes to win in the clutch or in the postseason. If you put Pat White at receiver you are losing out on his gretest asset and that is the asset to win. He is a mobile quarterback who limits mistakes and knows what it feels like to win. I would take a Pat White over a Mark Sanchez any day. Sorry USC fans. Dogs aside, look at the success comaprison of Michael Vick and Matt Leinart. Who was the more successful quarteback in the NFL? You people act like pat white is a midget. The guy is 6' 1". He'll be the most valuable pick in the 3rd or 4th round to be selected. He would be great with Miami's wildcat formation or Seattle with Jim Mora bringing in a different philosophy of football to Seattle. Remember who use to coach Mike Vick ladies and gents.Pat White is not Michael Vick. White's arm is only average and he is nowhere near the athlete Vick is.