PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Eagles Mock Drafts

DWhaLe
12-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Seeing as how the Philadelphia Eagles aren't making the playoffs this year I could see some major cosmetic changes tho take place. First of all I'll start off with our need. We all know how bad our Red Zone Offense is and ho bad our 3rd Down Percentage is. Well, Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward will both be Fa and I'd be happy with either of them. So We Need Offensive Tackle, Safety and Tight End. Runyan and Thomas and Dawkins are old as dirt and our TE's couldn't block better me in High School. All right first we'll trade Donovan McNabb to someone for a 1st Round Pick Giving us 3!

1st Round (Eagles) S - Patrick Chung - Oregon
Big and extremely physical but also a ballhawk in the secondary.
1st Round (Panthers) OT - Michael Oher - Mississippi
Terrific size along with great athleticism, quickness and strength.
1st Round (McNabb) TE - Chase Coffman - Missouri
Not as fast or athletic as LJ Smith but is more well-rounded. Can block and has soft hands.
2nd Round - Derrick Williams -Penn State
Our receiver core could always be stronger and it seems ried is intrested in the "Wildcat Formation" and this guys been doing it his whole career in PSU.

Post Who You'd Like For Next Season...

gameplaya2435
12-28-2008, 09:26 AM
There are so many things wrong with this...

1. Patrick Chung with our first pick in the first round? Seriously?!

2. Oher falling to the Panther's pick?

3. Why trade McNabb so you can select a TE for Kevin ******* Kolb to throw too? Who is going to give up their first rounder for McNabb?!@!

4. Derrick Williams in the 2nd?!! Yuck

camp_eagles
12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
There are so many things wrong with this...

1. Patrick Chung with our first pick in the first round? Seriously?!

2. Oher falling to the Panther's pick?

3. Why trade McNabb so you can select a TE for Kevin ******* Kolb to throw too? Who is going to give up their first rounder for McNabb?!@!

4. Derrick Williams in the 2nd?!! Yuck

I completely agree with everything. I dont even want to hear Derrick Williams' name in eagles draft discussions

Sniper
12-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Our receiver core could always be stronger and it seems ried is intrested in the "Wildcat Formation" and this guys been doing it his whole career in PSU.

Leave now and never return!

DWhaLe
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Those are just some thoughts... since we made it to the playoffs I see things a little differently now.

KobeBryant833
12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Seeing as how the Philadelphia Eagles aren't making the playoffs this year I could see some major cosmetic changes tho take place. First of all I'll start off with our need. We all know how bad our Red Zone Offense is and ho bad our 3rd Down Percentage is. Well, Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward will both be Fa and I'd be happy with either of them. So We Need Offensive Tackle, Safety and Tight End. Runyan and Thomas and Dawkins are old as dirt and our TE's couldn't block better me in High School. All right first we'll trade Donovan McNabb to someone for a 1st Round Pick Giving us 3!

1st Round (Eagles) S - Patrick Chung - Oregon
Big and extremely physical but also a ballhawk in the secondary.
1st Round (Panthers) OT - Michael Oher - Mississippi
Terrific size along with great athleticism, quickness and strength.
1st Round (McNabb) TE - Chase Coffman - Missouri
Not as fast or athletic as LJ Smith but is more well-rounded. Can block and has soft hands.

Post Who You'd Like For Next Season...

WOW is all i can say. Dawkins will be back next year and Quentin Michael (terrible spelling)from BSU has played well this year.

Hopefully Oher drops too us, unlikely.

McNabb is 25 times better than Kolb. If anything i would say trade McNabb and a draft pick to the Chiefs or something for their draft pick and get a QB there.

I hope your not in management for the Eagles because if you are I'm becoming a LIONS fan.

Sniper
12-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Those are just some thoughts... since we made it to the playoffs I see things a little differently now.

Well, never ever have another thought about Derrick Williams to the Eagles. He sucks so much.

eaglesalltheway
12-31-2008, 07:50 AM
First "mock" of the year, in any capacity.

Lito is traded for a third or so, maybe a second if we find a gullible team.

With recent games, I feel like Dawk will be back for at least next season.
"Ideal" mock IMO
1a. Michael Oher, LT. With Ebon Britton and some other undercalssmen Ot prospects looking to declare, many draft analysts think one of the senior OT prospects could fall past 20. I don't know how far Oher, or any other OT, would fall, but perhaps we need to trade up a bit to get him, using a 3rd rounder possibly. I personlly would prefer Eugene Monroe, but I can't see him lasting this far.

1b. Jermaine Gresham, TE. One of the best TE prospects in the past few years, doubt he lasts to our pick at 32 (;)) and would improve our receiving corp to a point where our offense would be truly deadly.

2a. William Moore, FS/SS. One of my favorite players coming into the season, Moore garnered top 10 talk, with injuries, weight issues, and sub-par play, he may have slipped into the second round conversation now. The coaching staff has shown confidence in Demps recently, so I'm not sure how they value S, especially FS, as a need. Moore could play FS in the system and also could play SS and take over there when Mikell leaves.

2b. We use our existing 3rd plus the third from Lito and move up into the second for another pick there. (Probably gets us into the 10th-15th pick, so just pretend I did this up there for the 2a)
Kenny Britt, WR. A big, strong, quick WR who fits perfectly in the WCO as a #1 threat. Great YAC ability and good hands. A strong performance in the bowl game may push him up higher than here, but who knows how much of a facotr it will be. Will develop into the #1 WR the team needs and will complete our offense.

I realize these are a bit unlikely, but they are, to varying degrees, possible, but I would blow up if this is how the first day would go.

eaglesalltheway
12-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Now for a few that I view as more likely...

Trade Lito for a third.

1a. Trade first and second to move up to 12-16 and select Eugene Monroe, LT. One of the top prospects right now who could fall for many reasons, I just don't see him falling as far.

1b. Taylor Mays, FS. This pick will be in the 23-25 range, and Mays could easily be available here. Would take over for Dawk when he leavesa dn would be a monster in this defense.

2. Trade the two threes and move into the 10-15 range and select Chase Coffman, TE. Though not the prospect of Gresham, coffman is a very good prospect in his own right. Body-wise, he reminds me of Jason Witten and is similar in the fact that he has great hands and is tough to bring down, but Coffman is more elusive than power like Witten is. Coffman will need to improve his blocking, as he hasn't been called upon to do so in Missouri.

Even more likely (once again Lito is traded for a third)

1a. Eagles stay put and the top OT prospects are gone, so Duke Robinson, OG is selected. A very good Guard prospect who has the potential to be great and will be a mainstay at LG or RG. Herremans or Andrews (more likely, Herremans, but maybe both) slide out and Robinson will fill that hole.

1b. Brandon Pettigrew, TE. More of a balanced TE who can block and do it all. Doesn't have elite timed speed according to the experts, and has character trouble. Should last to the late first.

2. David Bruton, FS. A favorite of mine, woudl be a very good pick up here. OL is a possibility as LT will be open unless Herremans goes to LT (I think he's best suited as a RT)

I think it is more likely the Eagles keep the two thrid rounders, but for the sake of this, I'll say they move up into the second.

2b. Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers. (Put Juaquin Iglesias here if you like him more, I already have Britt in one of these) Both have the size and hands to be a #1WR for us, I just personally like Britt more.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
None of these are very realistic.....

Here are some more realistic scenarios:

a)1. Eagles trade pick #22 and their 2nd rounder to move into the top 10 maybe top 15 and draft Taylor Mays,S,USC.

2. With their second 1st rounder there are many options here. I can see Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma slipping to here if Buffalo passes up on him.

b)1.Eagles keep pick #22 and take Eben Britton, OT, Arizona.

2. With pick #28 Eagles take Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma. Again if Buffalo passes up on him he could fall to here.

3. With there 2nd round pick the Eagles take Patrick Chung, S, Oregon.

eaglesalltheway
01-01-2009, 12:23 PM
None of these are very realistic.....

Here are some more realistic scenarios:

a)1. Eagles trade pick #22 and their 2nd rounder to move into the top 10 maybe top 15 and draft Taylor Mays,S,USC.

2. With their second 1st rounder there are many options here. I can see Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma slipping to here if Buffalo passes up on him.

b)1.Eagles keep pick #22 and take Eben Britton, OT, Arizona.

2. With pick #28 Eagles take Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma. Again if Buffalo passes up on him he could fall to here.

3. With there 2nd round pick the Eagles take Patrick Chung, S, Oregon.

A.
I like both scenarios, but honestly, with Reid's track record, I see at least one O-linemen being drafted in the first round for us. Mays is great but just might slip until the 20-25 range. Gresham is a beast pure and simple, any Eagles fan that would argue with you about that doesn't know what they are talking about.

B.
I don't know much about Britton, I only saw him play once, and he was solid, but I'm not going to pull a Heather and base an opinion off of him on that game. I have heard that he is very good and he will be part of the reason the top senior Ot prospects will fall, he is the reason I have potentially geting a guy like Oher or Monroe. A lot of people who know more about him than me really like him, I've just kept him out of my mocks above because I really don't know enough about him to include him, you know what I mean? Once again, Gresham is a great pick and I realy like Chung in the second, he could play either S spot for us and would give us 3 or 4 great Safeties. (4 if Demps developes well, 3 if he doesn't)

Todd Bertuzzi
01-01-2009, 02:16 PM
A.
I like both scenarios, but honestly, with Reid's track record, I see at least one O-linemen being drafted in the first round for us. Mays is great but just might slip until the 20-25 range. Gresham is a beast pure and simple, any Eagles fan that would argue with you about that doesn't know what they are talking about.

B.
I don't know much about Britton, I only saw him play once, and he was solid, but I'm not going to pull a Heather and base an opinion off of him on that game. I have heard that he is very good and he will be part of the reason the top senior Ot prospects will fall, he is the reason I have potentially geting a guy like Oher or Monroe. A lot of people who know more about him than me really like him, I've just kept him out of my mocks above because I really don't know enough about him to include him, you know what I mean? Once again, Gresham is a great pick and I realy like Chung in the second, he could play either S spot for us and would give us 3 or 4 great Safeties. (4 if Demps developes well, 3 if he doesn't)

I agree that Oher or Monroe could fall, but the part I didn't find realistic was pick 1b because I don't see Mays falling that far.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Im with sniper in saying that if i hear anyone say they want us to take Derrick Williams i will freak out. Derrick Williams is terrible and will not do one bit of good for us.

1a) Gresham
1b) Moore

I really want Shonn Greene in the 2nd but we will see what happens.

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Im with sniper in saying that if i hear anyone say they want us to take Derrick Williams i will freak out. Derrick Williams is terrible and will not do one bit of good for us.

1a) Gresham
1b) Moore

I really want Shonn Greene in the 2nd but we will see what happens.

Gresham and Moore are two of my favorite prospects, but its like I said before, Ar will pick at least OL in the first round, it is almost a given. I too would also like Shonn Green in the second. He could be a great power back to compliment Westy, and could even take over the starting role when it is time for Westy to go.

Sniper
01-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Gresham and Moore are two of my favorite prospects, but its like I said before, Ar will pick at least OL in the first round, it is almost a given.

Moore had a pretty sub-par year. He looked downright awful against Northwestern.

I too would also like Shonn Green in the second. He could be a great power back to compliment Westy, and could even take over the starting role when it is time for Westy to go.

I'll say with 99.99% certainty that Greene won't be an Eagle. He can't catch the ball nor is he a very good blocker. Not a good fit.

This power back situation would have been solved if the Eagles took Mike Bush ahead of Tony Hunt like I begged for.

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Moore had a pretty sub-par year. He looked downright awful against Northwestern.
That is why I said I think Reid will pick at least one OL. I like Moore a lot, but don't think he is a better option than some of the OL that will most likely be available

I'll say with 99.99% certainty that Greene won't be an Eagle. He can't catch the ball nor is he a very good blocker. Not a good fit.

This power back situation would have been solved if the Eagles took Mike Bush ahead of Tony Hunt like I begged for.

I liked Tony Hunt becauase he was from Penn State, but honestly, didn't expect too much out of him as a RB, especially as a FB. I did like Michael Bush a ton, and would have preferred him, but I guess his broken leg may have had a factor in him falling and the Eagles picking Hunt instead.

Zyro_1014
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I liked Tony Hunt becauase he was from Penn State, but honestly, didn't expect too much out of him as a RB, especially as a FB. I did like Michael Bush a ton, and would have preferred him, but I guess his broken leg may have had a factor in him falling and the Eagles picking Hunt instead.

Michael Bush wouldve been great for us.

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
For me, best-case scenario would be Taylor Mays and an T in the first. But, I just don't see any way the Eagles are going to be able to get Mays without trading up. Too many teams from #7 on down that need a S (Oak, SF, Den, NO, Hou), and Mays can step in and play either spot right away. Unless he completely bombs his workouts (which he won't), he's not going to be there for their pick.

As for the T, I like Ciron Black from LSU if he declares. I think Oher will be the #1 when all is said and done. The only one of the Top 3 I could possibly see falling is Monroe, and that is farfetched. Black is probably the best run-blocker of the rest of the group right now, and I would like to see the Eagles make more of a commitment to the run game with their offseason personnel moves. This is Andy Reid though.

eaglesalltheway
01-12-2009, 12:17 PM
For me, best-case scenario would be Taylor Mays and an T in the first. But, I just don't see any way the Eagles are going to be able to get Mays without trading up. Too many teams from #7 on down that need a S (Oak, SF, Den, NO, Hou), and Mays can step in and play either spot right away. Unless he completely bombs his workouts (which he won't), he's not going to be there for their pick.

As for the T, I like Ciron Black from LSU if he declares. I think Oher will be the #1 when all is said and done. The only one of the Top 3 I could possibly see falling is Monroe, and that is farfetched. Black is probably the best run-blocker of the rest of the group right now, and I would like to see the Eagles make more of a commitment to the run game with their offseason personnel moves. This is Andy Reid though.

Best case scenario for me would be Jermaine Gresham and one of the top tackles. That however isn't exactly likely, the top tackles i mean. I too am a big fan of Ciron Black, I think he could be a good LT.

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-12-2009, 12:58 PM
One thing about the Eagles and Offensive Linemen is that they seem to value them very different from other teams and it is hard to peg them on it. They always seem to do the unexpected, ie. passing on Otah when he was right there at #16 last year, trading up for Shawn Andrews, drafting Mike McGlynn a lot earlier than most had him, taking a flyer on underachieving King Dunlap, etc. We know they like huge, athletic, guys who excel in pass protection and can play multiple positions, but there always seems to be something analysts and mockers can't figure out with the direction they're going.

There are a lot of Linemen right now that have a shot of going in the first round (Oher, Monroe, Smith, Smith, Britton, Okung, Loadholt, Robinson, Johnson, Mack, Unger) and I think there is something to like about all of them for the Eagles' pick. When it comes down to it, I think it's extremely unlikely they don't get an OL in the first, I'm just saying they're very unpredictable and I wouldn't call it a guarantee.

Sniper
01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
They didn't pass on Otah. They were ready to select him and the Panthers offered a great deal. It was the 19th pick, by the way.

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I think that just solidifies that they weren't sold on Otah, while others were. If they were, they would have taken him. It would seem like a great deal except the Eagles don't seem to value first-rounders, as they've traded them the past two years. I guess all this remains to be seen until April, though.

eaglesalltheway
01-13-2009, 06:30 AM
One thing about the Eagles and Offensive Linemen is that they seem to value them very different from other teams and it is hard to peg them on it. They always seem to do the unexpected, ie. passing on Otah when he was right there at #16 last year, trading up for Shawn Andrews, drafting Mike McGlynn a lot earlier than most had him, taking a flyer on underachieving King Dunlap, etc. We know they like huge, athletic, guys who excel in pass protection and can play multiple positions, but there always seems to be something analysts and mockers can't figure out with the direction they're going.

There are a lot of Linemen right now that have a shot of going in the first round (Oher, Monroe, Smith, Smith, Britton, Okung, Loadholt, Robinson, Johnson, Mack, Unger) and I think there is something to like about all of them for the Eagles' pick. When it comes down to it, I think it's extremely unlikely they don't get an OL in the first, I'm just saying they're very unpredictable and I wouldn't call it a guarantee.

I agree, and it is something I have been saying for a while, with all of the great prospects along the O-line this year, and with the versatility of our linemen, we could draft a ton of players along the OL.

eaglesalltheway
01-13-2009, 06:33 AM
I think that just solidifies that they weren't sold on Otah, while others were. If they were, they would have taken him. It would seem like a great deal except the Eagles don't seem to value first-rounders, as they've traded them the past two years. I guess all this remains to be seen until April, though.

For the last time people, its not that the Eagles don't value first round picks, it is that they didn't value the other prospects available high enough, and would get better value (meaning they could get a player of simlar calibur much later, plus with the extra picks, have anothe prospect to choose from)

twista6002
01-16-2009, 01:52 AM
I really don't think we need a safety. Demps has the makings of our future free safety. I wouldn't draft one unless it was later for depth purposes.

Eagles own the NFC East
01-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Derrick Williams is not the type of WR we need, end of story.

Sniper
01-19-2009, 07:38 AM

No, it was a phenomenal deal. You don't pass on the deal Carolina offered.

eaglesalltheway
01-21-2009, 06:43 AM
I really don't think we need a safety. Demps has the makings of our future free safety. I wouldn't draft one unless it was later for depth purposes.

I partially agree with you. He has shown glimpses and has developed a lot since he got here already. He hasn't shown enough yet in my book to say that we shouldn't take one. He has diminished the need for FS a bunch, but i personally am not sold on him as a starter just yet. I agree, he does have the makings of the future at the position for the Eagles, but he just hasn't had enough opportunity to show it yet. I will say this, at one point I thought it would be a near lock the Eagles would target a S in the first two rounds, now I could easily see the team either taking one later for depth, or, if Dawk is back, not taking one at all this year. I'm not ready to say he's the future, but I have noticed he makes a bunch of plays when he is in, which makes me think he can, but as I said before, he needs more opportunities to prove it.

eaglesalltheway
01-21-2009, 06:53 AM
I feel the same way about the TE position. LJ is probably gone (thank god) but Brent Celek also has diminished the need for TE. Earlier in the season I said he needed to show me more before I think he can be the future TE for the Eagles. He has shown a lot more since then, and actually has even been the focal point of our passing attack in one or two games. He is a lot more productive than LJ, has better hands, is infinitely better at ball security, and is much more difficult to tackle. I think the most important thing though is this, Donovan trusts him and I think he is a favorite target of his. Since about Week ten he has really consistently performed well. He still needs to improve his blocking a bit more, but he is steadily improving there. Granted he'll never be a monster in line blocking TE, but he can at least be a decent enough blocker. He already passed LJ as a blocker by the second week of this season IMO. (That's when I frist noticed it this season, anyway)That said, once again, it isn't a given that he'll step in and be a great TE. Earlier I hadn't seen enough of him on a consistent basis to say he will be the starter, but recently he has gotten me a lot closer to being able to confidently say that.

That being said as well, TE could very well be addressed early, and I would not be against the drafting of Brandon Pettigrew.

twista6002
01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
No safeties in this year's class really stand out. I liked Moore before the season but then he had a bad year this year. Rashad Johnson doesn't like to hit. Chung would be okay, but I don't think he could play free. It'd be cool if we did draft him and every time he made a play they played "everybody wang chung tonight" on the loud speaker. Actually another interesting fact is Chung grew up like 15 minutes away from me, I played against him in 7-on-7 when I was in high school.

eaglesalltheway
01-22-2009, 06:27 AM
No safeties in this year's class really stand out. I liked Moore before the season but then he had a bad year this year. Rashad Johnson doesn't like to hit. Chung would be okay, but I don't think he could play free. It'd be cool if we did draft him and every time he made a play they played "everybody wang chung tonight" on the loud speaker. Actually another interesting fact is Chung grew up like 15 minutes away from me, I played against him in 7-on-7 when I was in high school.

Its true, but there are a bunch of really good options. None may stand out, but there will be a bunch of great S prospects available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and even into the second day. Two sleeper(ish) guys I like are David Bruton and Michael Hamlin

twista6002
01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Its true, but there are a bunch of really good options. None may stand out, but there will be a bunch of great S prospects available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and even into the second day. Two sleeper(ish) guys I like are David Bruton and Michael Hamlin

Actually Hamlin is a guy I like. That would be interesting to see us draft him in the 3rd and make him compete with Demps for the FS job if Dawk leaves.

eaglesalltheway
01-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Actually Hamlin is a guy I like. That would be interesting to see us draft him in the 3rd and make him compete with Demps for the FS job if Dawk leaves.

One of the things I like about Hamlin is his balance. He has pretty good size and has shown that he can support the run, though he is also very capable of being a potential Centerfield type FS in the NFL. I fell the same way with Bruton.

Sniper
01-23-2009, 07:12 AM
One of the things I like about Hamlin is his balance. He has pretty good size and has shown that he can support the run, though he is also very capable of being a potential Centerfield type FS in the NFL. I fell the same way with Bruton.

Bruton's not very physical.

eaglesalltheway
01-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Bruton's not very physical.

No he isn't like Dawk or extremely physical, but at least he shows willingness to get up and support the run. I like Hamlin more, but would settle for Bruton in the thrid or fourth if the team decides they need to draft a S.

eaglesfan605
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Hey fellow Eagles fans. Tell me what you think of my mock for the Eagles. The only trade was Lito for a 3rd Rounder.

1. Eben Britton OT Arizona
1. Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
2. Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina/Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
3. Rashad Jennings RB Liberty/Andre Brown RB North Carolina State
3. Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas/Eric Wood C Louisville
4. Chip Vaughn S Wake Forest/Courtney Greene S Rutgers
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State/Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
6. Dorell Scott DT Clemson
6. Dallas Reynolds OG BYU
7. Kevin Huber P Cincinnati

Sniper
01-25-2009, 12:54 PM
That'd be an epic draft. We don't need a punter though.

eaglesalltheway
01-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Hey fellow Eagles fans. Tell me what you think of my mock for the Eagles. The only trade was Lito for a 3rd Rounder.

4. Chip Vaughn S Wake Forest/Courtney Greene S Rutgers
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State/Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
6. Dallas Reynolds OG BYU

That draft made my morning. One thing I will say is that Pettigrew may go before Britton, but the order there really doesn't matter to me. I like Kenny Britt more than Nicks, but Nicks woudl be awesome in the second round as well.

Either Rashad Jennings or Andre Brown would be great RBs to pick up in the third, they can take some weight off of Westy and potentially start when he is gone. C may not be a big need right nowwith both Jamaal Jackson and Nick Cole capable starters in the league. I would say CB could be possible starting in this range, seeing as Lito is traded.

Chip Vaughn would be a great pick, and can play either S spot if you ask me. Courtney Greene, not so much, he would be restricted to more of an in the box type SS, and would be a liability in coverage, kind of like Roy Williams is for Dallas.

FB, Hooray, hopefully the team values them a lot higher than they have in recent years. Quinn Johnson is a good pick if you ask me. I personally don't think Cadogan or Tupuo will last until the 5th round, and maybe would have to address either of them earlier than the fifth round, but both would be great RTs.

I like Dorell Scott, he's got good size and looks to have good strength, and would provide the 4th DT spot in the rotation, so we don't have to use our DEs in there as much, though we usually only use them in Nickel or Passing situations. I'm not familiar with Dallas Reynolds, but with 3 OL already selected, I think the team may be looking at LB depth in this situation instead of another OL. Teh team is apparently high on Mike McGlynn and MJG has shown he can start. There just wouldn't be room for another OG.

Kevin Huber is supposedly one of, if not, the top punter in the draft. I wouldn't be against bringing him in as competition, though I agree with Sniper that we don't really need one.

eaglesfan605
01-26-2009, 07:37 AM
That draft made my morning. One thing I will say is that Pettigrew may go before Britton, but the order there really doesn't matter to me. I like Kenny Britt more than Nicks, but Nicks woudl be awesome in the second round as well.

Either Rashad Jennings or Andre Brown would be great RBs to pick up in the third, they can take some weight off of Westy and potentially start when he is gone. C may not be a big need right nowwith both Jamaal Jackson and Nick Cole capable starters in the league. I would say CB could be possible starting in this range, seeing as Lito is traded.

Chip Vaughn would be a great pick, and can play either S spot if you ask me. Courtney Greene, not so much, he would be restricted to more of an in the box type SS, and would be a liability in coverage, kind of like Roy Williams is for Dallas.

FB, Hooray, hopefully the team values them a lot higher than they have in recent years. Quinn Johnson is a good pick if you ask me. I personally don't think Cadogan or Tupuo will last until the 5th round, and maybe would have to address either of them earlier than the fifth round, but both would be great RTs.

I like Dorell Scott, he's got good size and looks to have good strength, and would provide the 4th DT spot in the rotation, so we don't have to use our DEs in there as much, though we usually only use them in Nickel or Passing situations. I'm not familiar with Dallas Reynolds, but with 3 OL already selected, I think the team may be looking at LB depth in this situation instead of another OL. Teh team is apparently high on Mike McGlynn and MJG has shown he can start. There just wouldn't be room for another OG.

Kevin Huber is supposedly one of, if not, the top punter in the draft. I wouldn't be against bringing him in as competition, though I agree with Sniper that we don't really need one.

I made a few small adjustments based on your suggestions. Tell me what you think. Regarding the pick of a punter, I do think they need to bring in someone to challenge Rocca. He is too inconsistent for me. He'll boom one and then the next one will be a 35 yarder. Although I agree that Jamaal Jackson is a capable starter, I dont think he is anything special which is why I gave them Luigs or Wood.

4. Chip Vaughn S Wake Forest
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Joel Bell OT Furman
6. Mark Parson CB Ohio

eaglesalltheway
01-26-2009, 07:49 AM
I made a few small adjustments based on your suggestions. Tell me what you think. Regarding the pick of a punter, I do think they need to bring in someone to challenge Rocca. He is too inconsistent for me. He'll boom one and then the next one will be a 35 yarder. Although I agree that Jamaal Jackson is a capable starter, I dont think he is anything special which is why I gave them Luigs or Wood.

5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Joel Bell OT Furman
6. Mark Parson CB Ohio

My main reason for saying we don't need a C isn't because of Jackson, it is because of Nick Cole actually. I think the team may have another epic Center battle in the preseason. (Maybe it'll make the cover of SI again, haha) Now I don't know who will win that, but either would be a fine starter. Joel Bell is a new name to me, but I still find it hard to make room for yet another OL. Here is why, if Tra and Runyan are gone next year, and your draft process goes through, this is what we're looking at heading into TC...
LT: Britton, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, McGlynn
C: Jackson, Cole, Luigs/Wood
RG: MJG, Cole
RT: Andrews, Justice, Bell/Cadogan/Tupuo
I mean there just won't be enough room for 11 OL, and that is if both Runyan and Thomas leave. One of them will end up being released.

I like Mike Parsons a lot, if we could get him in the 6th I would be happy with that.

eaglesfan605
01-26-2009, 08:09 AM
My main reason for saying we don't need a C isn't because of Jackson, it is because of Nick Cole actually. I think the team may have another epic Center battle in the preseason. (Maybe it'll make the cover of SI again, haha) Now I don't know who will win that, but either would be a fine starter. Joel Bell is a new name to me, but I still find it hard to make room for yet another OL. Here is why, if Tra and Runyan are gone next year, and your draft process goes through, this is what we're looking at heading into TC...
LT: Britton, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, McGlynn
C: Jackson, Cole, Luigs/Wood
RG: MJG, Cole
RT: Andrews, Justice, Bell/Cadogan/Tupuo
I mean there just won't be enough room for 11 OL, and that is if both Runyan and Thomas leave. One of them will end up being released.

I like Mike Parsons a lot, if we could get him in the 6th I would be happy with that.

I think that Runyan will be back, but Tra will not. Someone will offer Tra more money. Also, do you really think they are going to keep Winston Justice? He is terrible. Another guy who I think will probably be back, although his job shouldn't be safe, is Todd Herremans. He is average and I think that Nick Cole played better than him when he got a chance to start. I think this could look like a fairly good OL next year. Dunlap, Bell/Cadogan, or Herremans would be the final one eliminated.

LT- Britton, Dunlap
LG- Cole/Herremans, McGlynn
C- Jackson, Luigs/Wood
RG- Andrews, MJD
RT- Runyan, Bell/Cadogan

eaglesalltheway
01-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I think that Runyan will be back, but Tra will not. Someone will offer Tra more money. Also, do you really think they are going to keep Winston Justice? He is terrible. Another guy who I think will probably be back, although his job shouldn't be safe, is Todd Herremans. He is average and I think that Nick Cole played better than him when he got a chance to start. I think this could look like a fairly good OL next year. Dunlap, Bell/Cadogan, or Herremans would be the final one eliminated.

LT- Britton, Dunlap
LG- Cole/Herremans, McGlynn
C- Jackson, Luigs/Wood
RG- Andrews, MJD
RT- Runyan, Bell/Cadogan
All indications that I've heard (how valid they are is another story) say that McGlynn is a coaches favorite, What I am saying is our interior OL doesn't have too many holes to fill. Our guards are Herremans, Andrews, MJG, McGlynn and we have two Centers, there really isn't much room in there. Now if Herremans or Andrews slide out there is room for a C or G, but then that takes away one of your RT options. I just don't find it realistic that the Eagles will take a LT, RT, G, and C. They could go with a variation of two of those, but I can't see a scenario where the team could make space for any more than two more Linemen.

Zyro_1014
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
That'd be an epic draft. We don't need a punter though.

i agree, that would be amaZIZing!

eaglesfan605
01-28-2009, 08:50 AM
All indications that I've heard (how valid they are is another story) say that McGlynn is a coaches favorite, What I am saying is our interior OL doesn't have too many holes to fill. Our guards are Herremans, Andrews, MJG, McGlynn and we have two Centers, there really isn't much room in there. Now if Herremans or Andrews slide out there is room for a C or G, but then that takes away one of your RT options. I just don't find it realistic that the Eagles will take a LT, RT, G, and C. They could go with a variation of two of those, but I can't see a scenario where the team could make space for any more than two more Linemen.

I hear what you are saying and agree with you that they have enough guys in the interior offensive line. With that in mind, I made some more changes to my Eagles mock.

2. Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
3. Rashad Jennings RB Liberty
3. Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Cary Harris USC CB
6. Myron Pryor DT Kentucky
6. Tom Brandstater QB Fresno State

eaglesalltheway
01-28-2009, 09:16 AM
I hear what you are saying and agree with you that they have enough guys in the interior offensive line. With that in mind, I made some more changes to my Eagles mock.

2. Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Cary Harris USC CB
6. Tom Brandstater QB Fresno State

Sweet, honestly the only thing I would change is the Bradstater pick, I've watched him play enough that he will be a #3 QB at best in the league. If it wasn't for his size he may not be drafted. These are just suggestions, I won't be upset if you don't change them, hahaha.

eaglesfan605
01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Sweet, honestly the only thing I would change is the Bradstater pick, I've watched him play enough that he will be a #3 QB at best in the league. If it wasn't for his size he may not be drafted. These are just suggestions, I won't be upset if you don't change them, hahaha.

I always welcome suggestions and comments. With the Brandstater pick, I figured AJ Feely can't hold a clipboard forever lol. I really didn't know what else to do with a 6th round pick.

Go_Eagles77
01-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Here's a quick mock I put together.

Round 1 (a) - Eben Britton | LT | Arizona

Round 1 (b) - Kenny Britt | WR | Rutgers

Round 2 - Shonn Greene | RB | Iowa

Round 3 - Shawn Nelson | TE | Southern Miss

Round 4 - Robert Ayers | DE | Tennessee

Round 5 (a) - Vance Walker | DT | Georgia Tech

Round 5 (b) - Kevin Ellison | SS | USC

Round 6 (a) - Victor Butler | LB | Oregon St.

Round 6 (b) - Quinn Johnson | FB | LSU

Round 7 - Asher Allen | CB | Georgia

eaglesalltheway
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Nice draft overall, a few things I could nitpick are that the team most likely won't be looking DE in the draft. Shonn Green is great but wouldn't really have a shot to be the atarter once Westy leaves, He just doesn't have the versatility that the WCO needs from the RB. Thats a little early for Britt, but I like him so I won't be upset. Quinn Johnson seems to be rated pretty high by a lot of people, and maybe we would need to spend an earlier pick on him if thats what the team chooses, but overall, very good.

eaglesalltheway
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I always welcome suggestions and comments. With the Brandstater pick, I figured AJ Feely can't hold a clipboard forever lol. I really didn't know what else to do with a 6th round pick.

I just didn't want it to seem like I was demanding you make the changes, thats all. I try not to come off as a jerk, haha.

Zyro_1014
01-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Round 5 (b) - Kevin Ellison | SS | USC

i would love to see Ellison in an Eagles uni :)

twista6002
01-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Not bad except I don't think there's any reason to draft Vance Walker. I'd take another offensive lineman in his place

eaglesalltheway
01-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Not bad except I don't think there's any reason to draft Vance Walker. I'd take another offensive lineman in his place

The Eagles really only have 3 DTs on the roster, they need at least one more for depth who will contribute to the rotation. I think getting a mid to late round DT would be a great idea.

twista6002
01-30-2009, 07:30 PM
The Eagles really only have 3 DTs on the roster, they need at least one more for depth who will contribute to the rotation. I think getting a mid to late round DT would be a great idea.

It'll be 4 assuming Klecko switches back. But all that aside, we need a true nose tackle. Walker is pusing about 295 we need a big body. We have 4 3-technique tackles and no true 1/noseman. Not saying we need a starter but a massive body a la Terrence Taylor or Dorrell Scott in the 4th would be nice for our goalline D.

eaglesalltheway
02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
It'll be 4 assuming Klecko switches back. But all that aside, we need a true nose tackle. Walker is pusing about 295 we need a big body. We have 4 3-technique tackles and no true 1/noseman. Not saying we need a starter but a massive body a la Terrence Taylor or Dorrell Scott in the 4th would be nice for our goalline D.

Bunkley is the perfect NT in this scheme, though I agree Big Mike and Laws are UT. Bunk can play at UT, but with his strength at dominance at the point of attack, he is also a great NT.

I forgot about Klecko switching back, but in all honesty, I too would prefer a bigger body at DT. I like Terrence Taylor a lot if we could get him from the 4th round later, but I personally like Dorrell Scott just a bit more, sorry Sniper.

eaglesfan605
02-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I made some more changes in the mock based on some players moving up or down in the rankings. As always, I appreciate any comments, questions, or concerns.

2. Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Kevin Barnes CB Maryland
6. Kory Sheets RB Purdue/Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

eaglesalltheway
02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
I made some more changes in the mock based on some players moving up or down in the rankings. As always, I appreciate any comments, questions, or concerns.

5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

I would easily be able to live with that...

twista6002
02-08-2009, 07:58 PM

5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

Is Robiksie worth a 2nd round pick?

eaglesfan605
02-09-2009, 08:29 AM

I think he is. He is a solid possession receiver who is smart, has good size, runs great routes, and had an impressive Senior Bowl week. I really wanted to take Hakeem Nicks with that second round pick, but he is likely going to be selected in the late first or early second round. However, if he falls to the Eagles, I really hope that they take him because he reminds me a bit of Anquan Boldin.

eaglesalltheway
02-09-2009, 12:32 PM

A late second, yeah I'd say he is. He is the definition of a technician WR. His father is a ocach, as I'm sure most people know, and he has the mental aspect of the game down. He isn't flashy or groundbreaking athletically, but he has arguably the best hands of anyone in the draft (Jordon Norwood has the best hands IMO) and will be a solid posession WR in the NFL.

Go_Eagles77
02-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Here's a quick one I put together.

1 - Eben Britton OT Arizona

1b - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia

2 - Jared Cook TE South Carolina

3 - Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly

4 - Courtney Greene S Rutgers

5 - Sherrod Martin CB Troy

5b - Quinn Johnson FB LSU

6 - Terrance Taylor DT Michigan

6b - Gerald Cadogan OT Penn St.

7 - Mortty Ivy LB West Virginia

Key UDFA pickups -
1. Sam Swank K Wake Forest
2. Rudy Carpenter QB Arizona St.
3. Travis McCall TE Alabama
4. Clinton McDonald DE Memphis
5. Jaime Thomas OG Maryland

eaglesalltheway
02-14-2009, 10:12 PM
I like it. Britton is a good fit and could potentially play LT for us IMO. Moreno is the best fit of all the RBs, and is more likely to beavaiable there than Wells. Cook is s good receiveing threat at TE, and Barden is a big Red Zone threat at WR, which needed a lot of boosting. I'm not the biggest fan of Courtney Greene as he is kind of like Roy Williams for the Cowboys, but not as good against the run and just about the same when it comes to coverage. But I won't nitpick. Quinn Johnson is a good pick, and he could actually be used a couple ways in the offense. Terrence Taylor would round out our DT rotation, and you addressed other needs at CB, LB, and got quality depth at RT. Good draft and good FA specualation.

eaglesfan605
02-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Another mock draft update. Tell me what you think.

3. Emanuel Cook FS South Carolina
4. Kory Sheets RB Purdue
5. Devin Moore RB Wyoming
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Roy Miller DT Texas
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

eaglesalltheway
02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Works for me, its hard to go wrong with those top 2, but I like Robiskie, and think he could be a great posession type WR in the NFL. He wouldn't exactly be a #1 guarantee, but I can'tt see too many better options there off the top of my head. I like Cook, especially if he can get his head on straight, and Sheets is a decent pick. I love Roy Miller in the 6th, if we could get him there I'd be all for it, I really like him a lot. Quinn Johnson is my favorite FB. My only thing is I'm not a big fan of either RB, and taking two even moreso. I know its a need and I know one of them can challenge Booker, but I'm just not a huge huge fan of either, especially if they're going to be our #2 and #3 back. Overall nice job, and I certainly wouldn't be petrified with that draft class.

eaglesfan605
02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Works for me, its hard to go wrong with those top 2, but I like Robiskie, and think he could be a great posession type WR in the NFL. He wouldn't exactly be a #1 guarantee, but I can'tt see too many better options there off the top of my head. I like Cook, especially if he can get his head on straight, and Sheets is a decent pick. I love Roy Miller in the 6th, if we could get him there I'd be all for it, I really like him a lot. Quinn Johnson is my favorite FB. My only thing is I'm not a big fan of either RB, and taking two even moreso. I know its a need and I know one of them can challenge Booker, but I'm just not a huge huge fan of either, especially if they're going to be our #2 and #3 back. Overall nice job, and I certainly wouldn't be petrified with that draft class.

Thanks for the feedback. I can see where you are coming from and they will probably not draft 2 RB this offseason. However, the Eagles don't run the ball too much, so I do not think that having 2 rookies will be much of an issue. Also, Kory Sheets and Devin Moore catch the ball pretty well. I also like Rashad Jennings from Liberty, but I had to choose between him or Emanuel Cook in the 3rd Round.

eaglesalltheway
02-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I can see where you are coming from and they will probably not draft 2 RB this offseason. However, the Eagles don't run the ball too much, so I do not think that having 2 rookies will be much of an issue. Also, Kory Sheets and Devin Moore catch the ball pretty well. I also like Rashad Jennings from Liberty, but I had to choose between him or Emanuel Cook in the 3rd Round.

I could see the Eagles getting 2 RBs, I didn't mean to say it won't or can't happen, but if they do, only one of them will make the team, most likely. But having two rookie RBs just gives Reid an excuse to not even try to run if Westy goes down, and I am not a fan of that...

eaglesfan605
02-26-2009, 11:59 PM
You guys know the drill. New mock.

1. Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
2. Donald Brown RB Connecticut
3. Shawn Nelson TE Southern Miss
5. Donald Washington CB Ohio State
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Aaron Brown RB TCU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

eaglesalltheway
02-27-2009, 06:30 AM
You guys know the drill. New mock.

2. Donald Brown RB Connecticut
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Aaron Brown RB TCU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

I've recently changed preferences from Britt to Nicks, but he might not be available for the second first rounder, but i still really like Britt. First two picks are good. Donald Brown is a great pick as well, he would be a great fit for the Eagles offense.
A nice speedy TE to compliment Celek is great in the third there, I personally like Chase Coffman and if you think he'd be available I like him better. Coffman and Celek are similar in a few ways, but I personally think Coffman could end up like a Jason Witten, (not quite as good though) I like Vaughn a lot and think if Considine goes he would at least be a great #2 SS and special teamer He also has the potential to be a starter if Mikell would be moved to FS in the future.
For the record, I think Dawk and Mikell have basically the same responsibilities right now when it comes to coverage responsibilities. If anything, Dawk is playing more of the SS role and Mikell is the FS.
Donald washington and Roy Miller are two guys I really like that we could get in the later rounds, and would really provide solid depth, especially Roy Miller. Quinn Johnson is my favorite FB in the Draft and Brown (though i know literally nothing about him) would at least come in and push Booker a bit. Bringing in competition at K or P in the 7th round is good in my book...

edit: I like you r attitude for this... You drill, I couldn't help but laugh a bit.

Go_Eagles77
02-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Quick mock:

1A: Knowshon Moreno RB UGA
1B: Hakeem Nicks WR UNC
2: Chase Coffman TE Mizzou
3: David Bruton S Notre Dame
4: Gerald Cadogan OL PSU
5A: Bradley Fletcher CB Iowa
5B: Tony Fiammetta FB Syracuse
5C: Anthony Parker OG Tennessee
6A: Sammie Lee Hill DT Stillman
6B: Gartrell Johnson RB Colorado St.
7: Jason Williams OLB Western Illinois

eaglesalltheway
02-28-2009, 04:32 PM
I assume you have us re-signing Tra, because you don't even have a linemen on the first day. I like the picks a lot, but think LT will be a preference for the draft in the first orund somwhere. I like every one of those players and think they'd fit well, but Cadogan would be another RT, which we don't really need. Great players, but the fact you left out OL hurts the fact that this is litereally a perfect draft...

eaglesfan605
03-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Blah blah blah new mock draft blah blah blah.

1. Beanie Wells RB Ohio State
2. David Bruton S Notre Dame
4. Sebastian Vollmer OT Houston
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Lydon Murtha OT Nebraska
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

GaMeTiMe
03-01-2009, 11:11 PM
You guys are ridiculous with the RB/WR combo in every first round

eaglesfan605
03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
You guys are ridiculous with the RB/WR combo in every first round

Why is it ridiculous? Wide receiver and running back are two big needs for the Eagles.

eaglesalltheway
03-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Blah blah blah new mock draft blah blah blah.

1. Beanie Wells RB Ohio State
2. David Bruton S Notre Dame
4. Sebastian Vollmer OT Houston
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

Similar situation to the ones before, The first 4 guys are great players, and would be great fits as well. Unfortunately none of our needs along the OL will be filled here, more precisely at LT. I like all the guys, but when you don't address the team's biggest need it really hurts the overall quality of the draft...

eaglesfan605
03-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Similar situation to the ones before, The first 4 guys are great players, and would be great fits as well. Unfortunately none of our needs along the OL will be filled here, more precisely at LT. I like all the guys, but when you don't address the team's biggest need it really hurts the overall quality of the draft...

Tra Thomas hasn't gotten an offer from any team yet. I really think he is going to come back this year. If that happens, they wont have to address OL in the draft. Next year's draft has many good Tackle prospects, such as Bryan Bulaga, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, Ciron Black, and Adam Ulatoski. They could take one of them in the 2010 Draft, and have Tra play this year. Even if Tra struggles, they will still have options, such as sliding out Todd Herremans to LT.

eaglesalltheway
03-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Tra Thomas hasn't gotten an offer from any team yet. I really think he is going to come back this year. If that happens, they wont have to address OL in the draft. Next year's draft has many good Tackle prospects, such as Bryan Bulaga, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, Ciron Black, and Adam Ulatoski. They could take one of them in the 2010 Draft, and have Tra play this year. Even if Tra struggles, they will still have options, such as sliding out Todd Herremans to LT.

I just think it would be a better idea to have one of this year's OTs in the offense for a year before they start...

Go_Eagles77
03-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I honestly believe we have our starting offensive line already on the roster.

eaglesalltheway
03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
I honestly believe we have our starting offensive line already on the roster.

I beleive we might, but I would be much more receptive to having at least a higher round LT to challenge Herremans when its time for him to slide out. I like Herremans, and think he can play LT easily, he just won't be a star. There are some LT prospects in this draft that we could get who I think can be a star...

Thumper
03-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I beleive we might, but I would be much more receptive to having at least a higher round LT to challenge Herremans when its time for him to slide out. I like Herremans, and think he can play LT easily, he just won't be a star. There are some LT prospects in this draft that we could get who I think can be a star...

Alright I've been lurking and I want have some stuff to say.

I think that Todd Herramens is the future LT of the Eagles. He has always been the second string LT ever since the Winston Justice debacle. Todd has proven in the past that he can handle the left side, as he filled in nicely for Tra as a rookie and just this past pre-season I thought he did a fantastic job against one of the NFL's best defensive ends in Julius Peppers. I may be wrong in my confidence in Herramens but I think he deserves a shot and I think he can suceed.

Also I would like to know what star LT the Eagles could get in the draft. Who exactly do you have in mind because as much as I like Eben Britton and William Beatty I don't think they are stars in the NFL just solid starters which is not an upgrade over Todd Herramens. Who do you want? Eugene Monroe? Long gone. Jason Smith? Long gone. Michael Oher? Probably gone. Andre Smith? I have to say that I do not think he is a LT. So are you saying you want the Eagles to trade up? I highly doubt that happens because the Eagles have needs that need to be filled, like a good #2 TE, a RB that could eventually replace Westbrook (Moreno or McCoy) and a WR that complements DeSean (Britt, Nicks). All of those needs IMO are greater than the need at OT.

My offensive line for next year goes as such:
T. Herramens at LT, Max Jean-Giles at LG, Jamaal Jackson at C, Stacy Andrews at RG and Shawn Andrews at RT.

Stacy Andrews is not a good RT, he gave up 9.5 sacks last season which ranked 30th amongst right tackles that started 10 games or more.

twista6002
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
The staff really feels Hermy is the future LT or else they'd have tried to trade up for one last year. If they go line, it should be some kind of road-grading type. Run blocking is our biggest achilees heel.

Thumper
03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
The staff really feels Hermy is the future LT or else they'd have tried to trade up for one last year. If they go line, it should be some kind of road-grading type. Run blocking is our biggest achilees heel.

hence the Stacy Andrews signing and the allowed walking of Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan

eaglesalltheway
03-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Alright I've been lurking and I want have some stuff to say.

I think that Todd Herramens is the future LT of the Eagles. He has always been the second string LT ever since the Winston Justice debacle. Todd has proven in the past that he can handle the left side, as he filled in nicely for Tra as a rookie and just this past pre-season I thought he did a fantastic job against one of the NFL's best defensive ends in Julius Peppers. I may be wrong in my confidence in Herramens but I think he deserves a shot and I think he can suceed.

Also I would like to know what star LT the Eagles could get in the draft. Who exactly do you have in mind because as much as I like Eben Britton and William Beatty I don't think they are stars in the NFL just solid starters which is not an upgrade over Todd Herramens. Who do you want? Eugene Monroe? Long gone. Jason Smith? Long gone. Michael Oher? Probably gone. Andre Smith? I have to say that I do not think he is a LT. So are you saying you want the Eagles to trade up? I highly doubt that happens because the Eagles have needs that need to be filled, like a good #2 TE, a RB that could eventually replace Westbrook (Moreno or McCoy) and a WR that complements DeSean (Britt, Nicks). All of those needs IMO are greater than the need at OT.

My offensive line for next year goes as such:
T. Herramens at LT, Max Jean-Giles at LG, Jamaal Jackson at C, Stacy Andrews at RG and Shawn Andrews at RT.

Stacy Andrews is not a good RT, he gave up 9.5 sacks last season which ranked 30th amongst right tackles that started 10 games or more.

Let me hammer some things out. I am not against Herremans at LT, and for some of the reasons you have there, but with Oher potentially being available very near #21, and Andre Smith falling apart at the combine, it is possible that those two last until our first pick. With Castillo on the OL, Oher could hammer out his inconsistency issues and be a franchise LT. Andre Smith has that potential as well, and I beleive he can be a LT. I personally really like Eben Britton, and though he isn't a beast in the run game lik Andre Smith, he does everything very well. He is similar to Herremans in that respect, but i think Britton would be better at LT than Herremans for us.

That line would be fine with me, but according to rumors, Stacey would be more likely to play LG than RG, and with MJG potentially filling an open guard spot, it would be best if Stacey was the LG and MJG was the RG, just by their styles, which are similar, but MJG is more suited to play on the right side than left...

Edit: Love the name thumper by the way...

eaglesfan605
03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
I really like how this mock came together. Tell me what you think.

1. Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
1. Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
4. Michael Hamlin S Clemson
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

twista6002
03-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I really like how this mock came together. Tell me what you think.

1. Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
4. Michael Hamlin S Clemson
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

Assuming we sign Jones and Heller, Oher can play guard, and Miller can play NT, that might be one of the best mocks I've seen.

eaglesalltheway
03-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Assuming we sign Jones and Heller, Oher can play guard, and Miller can play NT, that might be one of the best mocks I've seen.

Agreed. Oher would have to fall a bit lower than expected, as would Nelson (less so with him), but this is the best mock in terms of players and addressing positions of need IMO. Oher owuld be the LT though, not a guard...

EF605, you know the man-crush I have on Hamlin, Miller, and Johnson. I would be so ecstatic with this I would literaly cry...

twista6002
03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Agreed. Oher would have to fall a bit lower than expected, as would Nelson (less so with him), but this is the best mock in terms of players and addressing positions of need IMO. Oher owuld be the LT though, not a guard...

EF605, you know the man-crush I have on Hamlin, Miller, and Johnson. I would be so ecstatic with this I would literaly cry...

The Eagles have been known to move tackles to guards, and Oher is much better suited to play left guard than Herremans and vice-versa. Nonetheless the prospect of having an offensive line of Herremans-Oher-Cole-Andrews-Andrews gives me an errection

eaglesalltheway
03-05-2009, 10:05 PM
The Eagles have been known to move tackles to guards, and Oher is much better suited to play left guard than Herremans and vice-versa. Nonetheless the prospect of having an offensive line of Herremans-Oher-Cole-Andrews-Andrews gives me an errection

Well then I get a full on porn star erection from Oher-Stacey Andrews-Cole-MJG-Shawn Andrews.

eaglesalltheway
03-05-2009, 10:05 PM
... I call no ****!

twista6002
03-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Well then I get a full on porn star erection from Oher-Stacey Andrews-Cole-MJG-Shawn Andrews.

What happens to Herremans? He's probably the best pass blocker of all those guys

eaglesfan605
03-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I really hope that the do sign Sean Jones. He would make a good trio with Mikell and Demps.

I don't know if any of you participated in the live chat with Scott but he answered two of my questions. One of them was about which if the top 4 OT's would have a chance to drop to the Eagles, and he said either Oher or Andre Smith. That is why I gave Oher to us at pick 21.

eaglesalltheway
03-06-2009, 06:13 AM
What happens to Herremans? He's probably the best pass blocker of all those guys

Herremans becomes depth. And Shawn is a better pass blocker than him. Herremans just isn't known for anything but pass blocking, so some people assume he is a beast in pass protection. He is really good, but Shawn is just as good and better.

eaglesalltheway
03-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I really hope that the do sign Sean Jones. He would make a good trio with Mikell and Demps.

I don't know if any of you participated in the live chat with Scott but he answered two of my questions. One of them was about which if the top 4 OT's would have a chance to drop to the Eagles, and he said either Oher or Andre Smith. That is why I gave Oher to us at pick 21.

Yea I tend to agree with Scott on that, a lot of things actually. There has been talk of Oher falling potentially for a while now. And with Smith blowing up the combine, or should I say blowing off, now there is a potential he falls, though I think its less likely he falls to us... Oher is in the realm of possibilities, but I think there would have to be a run on pass rushers and maybe even WR for him to fall to us...

nepg
03-06-2009, 11:21 AM

Well, at the time of the draft last year, they probably felt pretty good about Winston Justice...
________
COLORADO DISPENSARY (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

twista6002
03-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, at the time of the draft last year, they probably felt pretty good about Winston Justice...

By no means am I saying Herremans is great, but there is absolutely no paralel between him and Justice

eaglesalltheway
03-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Twista, who's to know the Eagles weren't trying to trade up last year? Unless you're part of the war room you have no idea what is going on there. Now the staff may feel Merremans is the LT, but you don't have any proof of that...

roscoesdad27
03-06-2009, 01:33 PM
1a) K. Moreno r.b. georgia
physical runner with great vision, balance and a variety of moves...fits your system very well and will make a great 1-2 puch with westbrook before eventually assuming the workhorse role

1b) H. Nicks w.r. north carolina
physical reciever with good size and tremendous hands...perfect compliment to desean jackson and it's about time donavan got some weapons

2) J. Meredith l.t. s. carolina
nimble l.t. prospect fills a need at tremendous value here.

3) C. Coffman t.e. mizzou
great recieving threat would give donavan yet anither weapon from this draft...has the ability to split out to w.r. and can develope into a very good blocker.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1533596&posted=1#post1533596

thoughts?

eaglesalltheway
03-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Mt first thought is you could've put this in the mock draft thread, but the picks are great. I'm one of the people who actually think Meredith could be an LT in the NFL, especially in our system... But I have dreams at night about Moreno, Nicks, and Coffman...

twista6002
03-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Left tackle is kind of a borderline need, I'd rather take a tight end before a guy like Meredith.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-06-2009, 04:08 PM
I'd rather have Loadholt then Meredith, but other than that it looks good.

eaglesalltheway
03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I'd rather have Loadholt then Meredith, but other than that it looks good.

No way, Loadholt is either a RT or a Guard and we are loaded there. Right now we don't really have an LT except for Herremans, and Meredith could play LT much easier than Loadholt could IMO.

twista6002
03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
No way, Loadholt is either a RT or a Guard and we are loaded there. Right now we don't really have an LT except for Herremans, and Meredith could play LT much easier than Loadholt could IMO.

Keep in mind King Dunlap was considered a first day pick at one point. And Castillo is a great coach who usually gets the best out of each guy too. Right now, I think it'd be best to just get the best lineman regardless of spot after we get a back, tight end and another receiver, maybe even a safety.

eaglesalltheway
03-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Keep in mind King Dunlap was considered a first day pick at one point. And Castillo is a great coach who usually gets the best out of each guy too. Right now, I think it'd be best to just get the best lineman regardless of spot after we get a back, tight end and another receiver, maybe even a safety.

No I'm not forgetting about Dunlap, but he has at least 2 years of developing before he should be realistically given a shot at LT, if he ever gets there. He is at worst a great backup...

twista6002
03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
If you look at Dunlap's physical skills, his potential is out the ass. Not saying he'll be a bookend by any means, but I wouldn't sleep on him

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm not, but I'm also not going to have all my confidence in him becoming that LT we need either. Right now it'd be best if we at least had some insurance at LT besides Herremans...

twista6002
03-08-2009, 05:45 PM
If it turns out Dunlap is a total dog, they'll probably draft a left tackle next year, round 3-4ish

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2009, 06:28 AM
If it turns out Dunlap is a total dog, they'll probably draft a left tackle next year, round 3-4ish

Well considering he's an unproven commodity, and the recent track record of Eagles bringing in guys for insurance if they aren't totally confident in a guy (see Quentin Demps) they will probably bring a guy in during that range or earlier to play LT in this draft...

Thumper
03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
1- Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio St.
1- Alex Mack C/G Cal
2- Jared Cook TE South Carolina
3- David Bruton S Notre Dame
4- Brandon Tate WR North Carolina
5- Tony Fiammetta FB Syracuse
5- Tyronne Green G Auburn
5- Kevin Ogletree WR Virginia
5- Michael Bennett DE Texas A&M
6- Chris Owens CB San Jose St.
6- Ramon Foster OT Tennessee
7- Moise Fokou LB Maryland

eaglesalltheway
03-17-2009, 06:43 AM
1- Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio St.
1- Alex Mack C/G Cal
2- Jared Cook TE South Carolina
3- David Bruton S Notre Dame
4- Brandon Tate WR North Carolina
5- Tony Fiammetta FB Syracuse
5- Tyronne Green G Auburn
5- Kevin Ogletree WR Virginia
5- Michael Bennett DE Texas A&M
6- Chris Owens CB San Jose St.
6- Ramon Foster OT Tennessee
7- Moise Fokou LB Maryland

Wouldn't mind this at all...

I like Wells, but i think Moreno is a better fit and would be the better option to potentially take over for Westy in the WCO. Mack is a good pick, assuming you have him starting at either LG or C. I like Cook, he and Celek would compliment eachother well, and challenge eachother for the startign spot.
I really like Bruton, and think he would be a good pick in the thrid round. I also like Tate, if he is healthy, he could be a solid WR for us, I just don'tthink the Eagles take a WR unless they believe they could develop into a #1, since we already have an abundance of #2s and 3s. I like you snagged a FB, I personally like Quinn Johnson a bit more than Fiametta, but like Fiametta a lot as well.
I like Green in the fifth, but i doubt we take two picks on interior O-linemen, I'd look for a 4th DT around this area. I also highly doubt the Eagles take two WRs in this draft as well, as we don't really need a WR unless it is a #1 guy, and neither are all that promising to develop into #1 options. I'd look for a 5th CB instead.
As for the later picks, I doubt either will have a major impact on the team besides depth or special teams, but I like it, overall, I'd be satisfied with this draft...

eaglesalltheway
03-17-2009, 07:01 AM
My first real shot at one of these, no trades...
1. Hakeem Nicks, WR, UNC
1. Knowshon Moreno, RB, UGA
2. Jamon Meredtih, LT, SC
3. Chase Coffman, TE, Mizzou
4. David Bruton, S, ND
5. Roy Miller, DT, Texas
5. Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU
5. Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa
5. Cornelius Lewis, G, Tennesse
6. Lee Robinson, SLB, Alcorn St.
6. PJ Hill, RB, Wisconsin
7. David Veikune, DE, Hawaii

That is a great situation, IMO, and the only real question would be if Bruton fell into the fourth... This is at least a realistic best case scenario, or close to it. That said, I don't expect the team to use more than 9 picks in thsi draft, so I'm going to do a scenario with a few trades...

eaglesalltheway
03-17-2009, 07:12 AM
One with some trades...
1. Michael Oher, LT, Ole Miss
1. Knoshon Moreno, RB, UGA
2. Brain Robiskie, WR, OSU
3. Cornelius Ingram, TE, UF
(Use 4th, 5th, and 7th to go up to later part of round 3)
3. Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson
5. Tony Fiametta, FB, Syracuse
(Use last 5th and 6th to move up to early-mid 5th)
5. Roy Miller, DT, Texas-can anyone tell that I really like him, lol
5. Brandon Underwood, CB, Cincinatti

Another one I like. Oher may not reach us, but it is possible, other than that, a very realistic draft with all players likely being available when i have them going...

Thumper
03-21-2009, 03:16 AM
1- Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St.- A steady target over the middle who will take some coverage away from DeSean Jackson. He will also help create holes in the run game for Westbrook. He is a tank after the catch as well.

1- Knoshon Moreno RB Georgia- The Eagles running attack needs reinforcements and the Eagles just signed Weaver. So now the Eagles have a three headed monster, Westbrook/Weaver/Moreno. Moreno is a steady guy, not really flashy but he gets his job done. He is highly instinctive and is a pretty balanced runner who can leave you grasping air or leave you on the turf wondering where your manhood went.

Trade: 2nd and 3rd for the 5th pick in the 2nd
2- Tyson Jackson DL LSU- Why? The Eagles have to LE who are 30+ and they're not going to get any better. So the Eagles take Jackson who can fill the Justin Tuck role and have Abiamiri play the Strahan role. Jackson can play LE and UT which is a great skill to have in the Eagles system. He is surprisingly quick for a guy his size but he isn't as strong as you would think so I don't think he will be a 3-4 DE. I think he is more of a bookend LE who can slide inside on nickel and dime packages and rush the passer. With this pick Jaqua Parker gets cut.

4- Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State- The highly versatile type of player that Andy love. He can play LT, LG, RG or RT and do them all fairly well. He is a high effort player who is better in the run game but is adequate in pass protection.

Trade: 2 5ths to move into the end of the 4th

5- Jasper Brinkley LB South Carolina- The Eagles need depth at SLB and Brinkley is a good fit for the Eagles system and he could also be the third string MLB.

5- Brooks Foster WR North Carolina- A highly athletic WR who never got a shot at North Carolina. He played Basketball and it shows. He has a ton of potential. He ran a 4.3 at his pro-day and has a nice vertical jump.

6- CJ Davis C/G Pittsburgh- He is a stout C/G who is very strong and profiles as a top back-up. He is a heady team player who is smart and can make the calls. He is versatile so you know Andy Reid likes the pick.

6- Marlon Favorite DT LSU A stout and strong NT who can also rush the passer. He fits the Eagles system because he is a stout guy but he is better when he can pin his ears back and rush the passer. He also has alot of potential but he never lived up to expectations down at LSU.

Trade: 7th for 2010 6th

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Meh, alright, I like the first rounders, but after that nothing really excites me. Abiamiri has LE in his grasp, we won't be drafting another one, I'd look for maybe a WR like Nicks or Britt if we are trading up into the early second instead of a DL there...
I like the other picks as well, though I doubt Brinkley is available in the fifth, I see him going end of the thrid to the fourth, but I like the picks. My only problem is with Jackson, and its not because I don't like him, its because we don't need a DE, especially that high...

eaglesfan605
03-26-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm back with a new mock draft. As always, tell me what you think.

1. William Beatty OT Connecticut
4. Brooks Foster WR North Carolina
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. DeAngelo Willingham CB/S Tennessee
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

Eagles trade WR Reggie Brown, 2nd round pick (#53 overall), 5th round pick (#153 overall), and 5th round pick (#157 overall) to Cleveland for WR Braylon Edwards.

eaglesalltheway
03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I like it a lot, don't know how likely that trade is, but I like the first three picks/trade pickup. I think if we do get a #1 type WR, we will not draft another. Only reason I say this is...

Braylon
DeSean
Curtis
Baskett
Avant

There really wouldn't be any room for another WR if we would get a #1 WR.

Everything else I like though...

DWhaLe
03-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Here Is My Updated Mock Draft: (Please Be Honest)

I don't have the Eagles selecting an offensive lineman early is because, Coach Ried came out and said that he believes if the season started today we'd have the pieces to be a Playoff Caliber team. I think they are going to end up making Shawn Andrews a Left Tackle and letting Nick Cole play C.

1. Brandon Pettigrew
1. Donald Brown
2. Phil Loadholt OL
3. Darcel McBath S (PlayMaker!)
4. William Moore S
5. Johnny Knox

Go_Eagles77
03-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Here Is My Updated Mock Draft: (Please Be Honest)

I don't have the Eagles selecting an offensive lineman early is because, Coach Ried came out and said that he believes if the season started today we'd have the pieces to be a Playoff Caliber team. I think they are going to end up making Shawn Andrews a Left Tackle and letting Nick Cole play C.

1. Brandon Pettigrew
1. Donald Brown
2. Phil Loadholt OL
3. Darcel McBath S (PlayMaker!)
4. William Moore S
5. Johnny Knox

I'm not a huge fan. I actually like the 1st round, but after that it gets pretty questionable. I don't like the Loadholt pick, we aren't really in need of another RT, and Loadholt can't play LT. Then you have us taking 2 safetys in the 3rd and 4th. 3rd and 4th round picks are supposed to make the team, but who will they replace? Out of Mikell, Demps, Jones, and Baker, I'm assuming you think Baker will get cut, but who will the other S replace? I doubt the eagles keep 5 safetys. Also William Moore probably won't be around in the 3rd round let alone 4th. Johnny Knox might be able to replace Greg Lewis, but I really can't see him being any more than a 5th or 6th WR in the NFL.

DWhaLe
03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm not a huge fan. I actually like the 1st round, but after that it gets pretty questionable. I don't like the Loadholt pick, we aren't really in need of another RT, and Loadholt can't play LT. Then you have us taking 2 safetys in the 3rd and 4th. 3rd and 4th round picks are supposed to make the team, but who will they replace? Out of Mikell, Demps, Jones, and Baker, I'm assuming you think Baker will get cut, but who will the other S replace? I doubt the eagles keep 5 safetys. Also William Moore probably won't be around in the 3rd round let alone 4th. Johnny Knox might be able to replace Greg Lewis, but I really can't see him being any more than a 5th or 6th WR in the NFL.

Well I was anticipating a real Battle for FS. Quintin Demps is one Dimensional. He kinda only good against the past (I could be wrong) I'm basing this off college and I'm not sure if Baker is any good. At SS I think were set with Jones & Mikkell but, Moore stock has dropped and I think we can steal him in the third and he's great against the run and Darcel McBath is an all around playmaker. I really see them taking like 2 safeties. When it comes to LT.. I don't see them getting on unless they move up for Eugene Monroe. The only way they'd get a LT is if a Decent one is available and I think they'll all be gone by this time. We might have a shot at William Beatty.

eaglesalltheway
03-30-2009, 06:58 AM
It is decent for the Eagles. I'd prefer Moreno to Brown, just slightly though, and Loadholt isn't really necessary. Maybe with Nicks stock dropping, we could be in position to get him here or trade up a bit. We already have 4 (maybe 5) guys who can play LT (Both Andrews, Herremans, McGlynn, Justice) and another isn't needed.

We do not need to draft two safeties. Mikell can play either and the starting S battle is between Jones and Demps. If Demps wins the battle, he is the FS and Mikell stays at SS, but if Jones wins, he is SS and Mikell moves over to FS, which was his basic role last year with Dawk becoming more of a Rover. Demps also is not one dimensional, at least not anymore. In the preseason he showed a willingness to come up in run support, but didn't execute well. As the season progressed, he began executing better in the run game and I'm sure with another off-season he will only improve. He won't ever support the run like Dawk, but he will be more than fine for a FS. With our front 7 though, he won't be called on as much in that respect of the game. If we do draft a S out of those two, I'd love Moore. He obviously wants to be here and is the perfect player with the perfect mentality for this team, specifically this defense. That would most likely mean a permanent w switch for Mikell to FS. which isn't necessarily a bad thing, he will still be a Pro-Bowl player at either S spot. But Moore will be long gone by the 4th, unless he blows out a knee in the next few weeks or something equally horrible happens.

As I've said before the Eagles will either get a #1 WR, or no WR at all. I do not believe Knox will be a #1 Wr in the NFL, ever. The best case for him is a #3 or 4, but most likely will settle on a team as a #5. If he would be drafted he will not make the team. I'd look to improve depth at DT or CB there, maybe even SLB as well.

Also, i think it would be better to have Herremans as the LT. He showed he can do it last year against Peppers, and his fit at LT is better than Shawn's. Either way MJG is filling in the open guard slot, so it doesn't make a huge difference, I just think Shawn, if he is moved to Tackle, would be better suited as an RT than LT, though he can play it. Herremans is best suited as an LT in this offense though.

Thumper
03-30-2009, 07:15 PM
1-Knoshon Moreno RB Georgia
1-Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
2-William Moore S Missouri
3-Trevor Canfield OG Cincinnatti
4-Cornelius Ingram TE Florida
5-Phillip Hunt LB/DE Houston
5-Glen Coffee RB Alabama
5-Roy Miller DT Texas
5-Jon Cooper C Oklahoma
6-Derek Walker DE Illinois
6-Al Afalava SS Oregon State
7-Chris Rutledge OT Miami

eaglesalltheway
03-31-2009, 01:53 PM
I like it, A LOT actually. The best RB for our offense in Knowshon, the best WR who we have a realistic shot at getting. My personal favorite S prospect, who would be a beast here. Another guy to solidify the interior OL with at least one of the starting spots being vacated. A good fit at TE who could really stretch the field and compliment Celek. A LB who could provide depth at SLB, and another pass rusher. You know I like Coffe and Love Miller. The rest of the picks are OK, I don't think we'll pick two interior OL though, and though I personally like Afalava, I doubt we would take another SS when we have two on the roster already, plus Moore. I'd use at least one pick on CB depth there. Really good scenario for us though...

camp_eagles
03-31-2009, 02:05 PM
1-Knoshon Moreno RB Georgia
1-Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
2-William Moore S Missouri
3-Trevor Canfield OG Cincinnatti
4-Cornelius Ingram TE Florida
5-Phillip Hunt LB/DE Houston
5-Glen Coffee RB Alabama
5-Roy Miller DT Texas
5-Jon Cooper C Oklahoma
6-Derek Walker DE Illinois
6-Al Afalava SS Oregon State
7-Chris Rutledge OT Miami

Thats my dream draft
1) Knoshon is an obvious one
1) Nicks=hands o gold
2) Moore adds Depth and potential starter
4)Ingram is better than L.J Smith in every way
5) Coffee just reminds me a little of Tashard Choice in terms of value

One problem where is D.J Boldin???

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2009, 06:26 AM
Thats my dream draft
1) Knoshon is an obvious one
1) Nicks=hands o gold
2) Moore adds Depth and potential starter
4)Ingram is better than L.J Smith in every way
5) Coffee just reminds me a little of Tashard Choice in terms of value

One problem where is D.J Boldin???

With Nicks, there is no reason to get another WR, it would just worsen the cluster**** that is our WR corp.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2009, 06:27 AM
And this mock is realistic as well. It blends great players at great value, while still not having anyone fall...

wvu
04-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I dont know how anyone else feels, but i believe eagles are going to either trade up in first, or second...if the first round trade up happens, they give up 28, 2rd rounder, and two 5ths...if they trade up in the second round which i prefer they do, reasons later, they could possibly get ride of 3rd rounder, and a 5th maybe 6th too...if it were me, trade up in second would be ideal, this way they could get the bpa that falls, im thinking along the lines of beatty, ayers, alphons. smith for depth purposes, maybe donald or knowshon if we get lucky

eaglesalltheway
04-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Its hard to know what any team will do until the draft is actually happening. There are scenarios where I see them trading up in the first, trading up in the second. and there are scenarios where I could see them trading down. There are plenty of scenarios where I see them staying put as well. They could do a variety of things with the picks they have. I know at some point in this draft they will be trading up, whether it be in the first through 7th, but at one point they will, if not on numerous occasions. (No more than 3 though IMO). We aren't going to draft Ayers or Smith, at least not in the second round, and certainly aren't trading up for either when CB isn't nearly a second round need and DE isn't a need at all. I think Knowshon won't make it out of the first, and Brown could possibly be available, but there are scenarios where I could see the Eagles taking Brown with #28... Its hard to say anything for sure until we start seeing who gets picked, since that will make teams start to do things if they want certain players. I wouldn't say they'll do anything for sure especially when there is over three weeks until the actual draft occurs...

Todd Bertuzzi
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Its hard to know what any team will do until the draft is actually happening.

It's even harder to predict what The Eagles will do lol.

eaglesalltheway
04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
That is an understatement, but you and I are on the same page...

Go_Eagles77
04-04-2009, 08:52 PM
I was bored so I decided to make a mock. This is a combination of what I hope happens and what I think will happen (which is almost impossible to predict like you guys said).

Round 1
Pick 21 - Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St. - I just have a feeling the eagles are gonna snatch this guy up. Celek is a good receiver but the eagles want someone who can do it all, Pettigrew will immediately be one of the best blocking TEs in the league, and he also is not a bad option catching the ball either.

http://www.mockmydraft.com/images/brandon_pettigrew.jpg

Pick 28 [CAR] - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia - Probably the eagles biggest need right now. Wanna know how bad the depth at RB is right now? The #2 and #3 guys are Lorenzo Booker and Kyle Eckel. With a starter as injury-prone as Brian Westbrook, that is unacceptable. Knowshon Moreno will step in right away as a guy to take the load off of Westy's shoulders, fill in when he's hurt, and he will also be the future starter.

http://www.gatortailgating.com/files/imagepicker/r/Rusty/moreno.jpg

Round 2
[TRADE] Eagles trade pick #53(Rd.2), #121(4), and #157(5) to Buffalo for #42(2) and #220(7).

Pick 42 - Kenny Britt WR Rutgers - Britt falls a little further than expected and the eagles don't risk him falling any more. The eagles don't have a ton of needs so they sacrifice a little quantity for some quality. Britt has a great combination of size and speed and has all the tools to be a #1 receiver in the NFL. Great complement for DeSean Jackson as well.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/68050/britt.jpg

[B]Round 3
Pick 85 - Jason Watkins OT Florida - Very talented player with the ability to play either LT or RT at the next level, with the potential to start. Still raw but with the help of Juan Castillo can make something of himself. The eagles like getting raw offensive lineman on the second day and turning them into stars, and I believe that's what the eagles will attempt to do this year rather than taking one too high. Could challenge Todd Herremans (who I have being the starting LT this season) sometime down the road.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/31/312129.jpg

Round 4
*Pick traded to Buffalo*

Round 5
Pick 141 [CLE] - C.J. Spillman FS Marshall - The eagles have 4 safeties on the roster right now and 3 are pretty much locks to make the team. The 5th round is a great place to grab a guy who can compete for that 4th spot with Rashad Baker. Spillman was very solid in both run support and coverage, but didn't have too many turnovers. If he makes the team will at the very least be a great special teamer.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/37/371037.jpg

Pick 153 [NYJ] - Devin Moore RB Wyoming - With DeSean Jackson and Quintin Demps both looking like they will have more significant roles this season, the eagles will look into bringing into a top-notch return specialist. Moore has fantastic speed and like someone with the same first name, could be a threat to take it to the house whenever he gets the ball. Could also get a couple snaps on offense and be a Darren Sproles type player to a lesser extent.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/images/Devin%20Moore.jpg

Pick 159 [NE] - Jared Bronson TE Central Washington - The eagles add another TE in Bronson who has good size and very good speed for his position. Will replace Matt Schobel and could be a very solid 3rd TE for the eagles offense.

http://images.townnews.com/kvnews.com/content/articles/2009/02/23/sports/doc49a2ecefe1628748094679.jpg

Round 6
Pick 194 - Terrance Knighton DT Temple - Nighton has good size and will bring depth to the NT position and will compete with Dan Klecko for the 4th DT position. Great canidate for the Practice Squad if Dan Klecko beats him out and they only keep 4 DTs.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/574431.jpg

Pick 195 [MIN] - Captain Munnerlyn CB South Carolina - Solid cover corner with good athleticism who can compete with Trae Williams for that 5th CB spot assuming Jack Ikegwuonu can win the dime CB job. Also has value in the return game and on ST altogether.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper247/stills/cot352y4.jpg

Round 7
Pick 220 [BUF] - Brian Toal LB Boston College - Not the biggest or fastest player but has great instincts and can provide depth at all 3 LB postitions as well as be a great Special Teamer.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/35/358073.jpg

Pick 230 - Jordan Norwood WR Penn State - Not the most physically gifted WR out there but had very solid production for a 3rd WR. Probably won't be much more than a career backup in the NFL and his only chances to make the team might be if the eagles keep 6 WRs. Might have to spend a year or two on the PS.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/ncf/2005/1231/photo/g_norwood_195.jpg

Eaglez.Fan
04-05-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm not a big fan of Jason Watkins. He has the body of a RT but the playing style of a LT. Those usually don't fit well together. I think he would get dominated in the NFL, specially in the NFC East. I love the Munnerlyn pick. And Britt, Moreno and Pettigrew are all very solid picks IMO as well.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm not a big fan of Jason Watkins. He has the body of a RT but the playing style of a LT. Those usually don't fit well together. I think he would get dominated in the NFL, specially in the NFC East. I love the Munnerlyn pick. And Britt, Moreno and Pettigrew are all very solid picks IMO as well.

Yeah I feel the same way about it. I also love the Toal pick. He is one of my favorite late round sleepers coming into this draft and if anything he'll be a great special teams player. He's a good all around linebacker who could also act as a backup FB. It's too bad injuries hampered his college career.

Go_Eagles77
04-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. As for Watkins, I know there is a chance he won't amount to much in the NFL, but I also think he has the highest upside of all the OTs you can get in the 3rd round or later, and that's why I have us taking him.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I like the draft for the most part, I think DT might be addressed in round 4 or 5, as well as CB, but I like the picks. I too am not a huge Watkins fan, but that is really the only picks I don't like that much. I think if we get a tackle, it will be a guy that the Eagles think will be a LT and LT only, since we have too many players who can play RT already, haha. The first picks are great, and I would be very happy with that first day...

eaglesfan605
04-17-2009, 02:41 PM
A new mock, with the updated trade for Jason Peters included.

2. Jared Cook TE South Carolina
3. Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly-SLO
5. Coye Francies CB San Jose State
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
5. Brandon Underwood S Cincinnati
6. Brian Toal LB Boston College
6. Drew Willy QB Buffalo

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2009, 09:28 PM
That would be fine for me, I love Moreno, and I think TE is addressed about where it should be. Barden woud give us another big red zone threat. And I like all the guys you have going in the 5th round there, the whole thing really.

DWhaLe
04-18-2009, 09:55 PM
I haven't actually made an Official Mock Draft (1-3)yet and, I'm dieing of boredom so he it is "Whale's Official Mock Draft". Seeing as how everyone hated my 1st one. (I wasn't thinking) :rolleyes:

First Round Pick:
Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
The team needs depth behind often injured star Brian Westbrook, and Correll Buckhalter is gone. That would make rarely used Lorenzo Booker the only backup. The Eagles usually don't take Backs in the 1st round so they could also take Connecticut's Donald Brown.
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr107/DWhaLe/tmpphpnl9oef.jpg

Second Round Pick:
Cornelius Ingram TE Florida
Brent Celek is a reliable receiver but, a sketchy blocker. Matt Schobel could help sometimes but, the Eagles run a lot of 2 TE sets so it is crucial to draft a TE and is Pettigrew falls past 16, I think the Eagles will trade up to take Pettigrew.
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr107/DWhaLe/tmpphpNYzd4m.jpg

Third Round Pick:
Darcel McBath S Texas Tech
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr107/DWhaLe/tmpphpOXcrvA.jpg

I'm kind tired i'm finishing this another time.

eaglesalltheway
04-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Booo! horrendous effort. Not bad first three picks though, I like it. Can't go wrong with Knoshon.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I'd rather have Coffman than Ingram, but that's just me.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 12:32 PM
I'd rather have Coffman than Ingram, but that's just me.
Coffman is my favorite TE. Someone is going to get a great, great TE, I just hope its us...

camp_eagles
04-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Coffman is my favorite TE. Someone is going to get a great, great TE, I just hope its us...

I like Coffman hes on my personal list of TE that I wont be mad if we drafted. also did you guys know his dad played for Green Bay as a TE.

http://www.nfl.com/players/paulcoffman/profile?id=COF702801

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I like Coffman hes on my personal list of TE that I wont be mad if we drafted. also did you guys know his dad played for Green Bay as a TE.

http://www.nfl.com/players/paulcoffman/profile?id=COF702801

I knew that from watching (just about) every game he played. They would mention it over and over. Apparently he had himself a nice career from what the commentators were saying, I never looked into him though. I loved watching Mizzou games this year with all the players they have that I was looking at as potential draft picks for the Eagles, and I caught every game I could.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I like Coffman a lot as well and would love the eagles to draft him as high as the 2nd round. I think he can be a Chris Cooley type player in the NFL.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I like Coffman a lot as well and would love the eagles to draft him as high as the 2nd round. I think he can be a Chris Cooley type player in the NFL.

I think that is a decent comparison. I think the impact he can have is greater than what Cooley has, which is saying a lot. But from watching him play, I know he can be great in the NFL. He has a great body for the TE we want in the WCO, and is a dynamic receiving threat who can stretch the field, despite his slow timed speed. His hands are impecable, and is really a complete receiving threat, though he could become a little better as a route runner, though it isn't a weakness. His only true weakness is as a blocker, and with his body, and with the right coaching and hard work, which he has, he can be a "good enough" blocker in the NFL, at least, if not a very good one.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
My final eagles mock of the year.

Round 1
Pick 21 - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia - Does this pick surprise anyone? Moreno has become my favorite prospect for the eagles in the entire draft and I'd honestly be pretty upset if we didn't get him. He's the perfect fit for our offense and will be a cornerstone of our offense for years to come.

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/knowshon-moreno.jpg

Round 2
[Trade] - Sheldon Brown, Pick 141 (5) and Pick 153 (5) to the rams for pick 35 (2)
Pick 35 (STL) - Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest - Unfortunately Sheldon Brown requested a trade, and due to the fact that he's 30 years old, I can see the eagles complying considering their goal to get younger. Alphonso Smith is more like Asante than Sheldon in that he takes a lot of risks, but he could make an immediate impact as a rookie and be a starter for years to come.

http://ogb.wfu.edu/Eled/20070927/smith.med.jpg

Pick 53 - Chase Coffman TE Missouri - Isn't the blocker that Pettigrew is but he is an even better receiver. Makes spectacular grabs all the time and can compete with Celek for the starting TE position. Hasn't gotten too many chances to help his blocking but has the size and strength to do it.

http://www.intentionalfoul.com/images/chasecoffmanhops.jpg

Round 3
Pick 85 - Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly - One of the eagles biggest weaknesses last year was the inability to score TDs in the redzone. With the addition of Jason Peters, Stacy Andrews, Leonard Weaver, Chase Coffman, and now Ramses Barden, along with the improvement of Hank Baskett, they should be much improved in both running the ball and passing it in the redzone. Barden is 6'6 and a great leaper, and draws a lot of comparisons to Plaxico Buress.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2ikEvVMmmzg/SZH7DSwWEKI/AAAAAAAACgs/Wb_f8S99nqg/s400/Ramses+Barden.jpg

Round 4
[Trade] - Pick 157 (5), Pick 194 (6) and WR Reggie Brown to the bears for pick 119 (4)
Pick 119 - Richard Quinn TE North Carolina - I'm sure this comes as a surprise to everyone, 2 TEs in the first 4 rounds, but next to Pettigrew, Quinn is the best blocking TE in the draft. He only had 12 catches in his career, so this is obviously not a guy that's gonna scare anyone in the pass game. He will beat our Schobel and find a nice niche on the team as a 3rd, blocking TE in goalline and short yardage situations.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/87720/richard_quinn.jpg

Round 5
Pick 159 (NE) - Myron Pryor DT Kentucky - Big DT who is extremely athletic for his size. If he lives up to his potential, he would be a great fit as a 4th DT who can not only stop the run but get to the QB as well. Might need some time to develop however and could challenge Dan Klecko for a roster spot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qabLhHFbzAY/SL2bpacuRzI/AAAAAAAACBY/9am4hW2FMwE/s400/fb_MyronPryorUK-UL.jpg

Round 6
Pick 195 (MIN) - Marcus Thigpen RB/RS Indiana - DeSean Jackson and Quintin Demps will both have bigger roles on offense/defense this year so the eagles pick up one of the better return specialists in the draft to take some if not all of the reps from them. Doesn't offer much from an offense stand point.

http://www2.indystar.com/autofocus/photos/standard/2008/09/143504.jpg
Round 7
Pick 230 - Corey Smith OLB Cincinnati - Has decent size and good athleticism. Has the ability to be a very good special teamer but early on in his career profiles more as a practice squad player.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/87855/corey_smith.jpg

camp_eagles
04-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Good mock lets hope we don't trade Sheldon though. And Throw Sean Smith in there too just because of his size.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Overall I like it, but as the team has said they won't trade Sheldon, and even if they would, IMO, they would use one of our two younger guys who can potentially start instead of drafting another one early. I do think they draft a CB in the middle rounds now, just in case, but IMO, the second is too early. I think if they would draft a CB though, it would be for a guy more like Sheldon. Having two risk takers at CB is a bit of a risk, no matter how talented both are.

Moreno= me :D.
Chase Coffman = me very :D

Ramses Barden is a good pick, and I think he would help out our red zone offense a bunch

I like the Quinn pick, don't love it, but I really like it. We may be able to get a similar player a little later, but this is where I'd start looking at the Eagles to draft a CB.

I like Myron Pryor, but as you know, I personally like Roy Miller better. He may go in the fourth, but he could easily be available with this pick. I like Pryor, but Miller would be my preference, just my opinion. He can do all the things you listed, but he is just a little quicker and gets better penetration.

A returner is something I've been thinking about for a while now. I'm not sure how Thigpen would translate as a returner, but I do think we need to address returner, for the reasons you said.

I like bringing in a young LB, but i think if we do that, it's more likely we do that at SLB instead of WLB, since we have two capable starters at LB, and only one at SLB (not counting Bradley if he had to slide over). I think SLB would be more likley, however, I wouldn't rule WLB out either.

Nice mock, I don't like giving up Sheldon without getting a proven NFL player back in return, but as a whole, I would support this draft.

camp_eagles
04-21-2009, 01:18 PM
I say we just do another trade with the bills for Roscoe Parrish as our return specialist the only problem with him is that he only returned punts in buffalo while Leodis Mckelvin and Terrance Mcgee returned kicks.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I say we just do another trade with the bills for Roscoe Parrish as our return specialist the only problem with him is that he only returned punts in buffalo while Leodis Mckelvin and Terrance Mcgee returned kicks.

What would that cost though, if it would be anything more than a fifth, I'd say just draft a guy. I really don't know what returners are available though, so I can't say who would be available.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-21-2009, 02:27 PM
What would that cost though, if it would be anything more than a fifth, I'd say just draft a guy. I really don't know what returners are available though, so I can't say who would be available.

Marcus Thigpen ^

eaglesfan605
04-21-2009, 05:13 PM
This might be my last mock draft, unless it gets really bad reviews. Comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

1 (21) Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
With Brian Westbrook getting up there in age, the Eagles need to develop an heir apparent to the Running Back position. Knowshon is an all around talent who can run, block, and catch the ball very well. I know this means nothing but Sal Paolantonio said that the Eagles are targeting Knowshon with the 21st overall pick in the draft. Hopefully it’s true.

2 (39) Darius Butler CB Connecticut
I gave the Eagles this trade because of the Sheldon Brown contract situation. I don’t think they are going to trade him this year, but they might do it next year after his guaranteed money runs out. In the meantime, Darius Butler can learn and be a return man because DeSean Jackson and Quintin Demps are going to be taking a more active role at their respective positions. Butler sure has the speed (4.38 40 yard dash) to do it.

4 (107) Brooks Foster WR North Carolina
This might not be the North Carolina WR that people are expecting the Eagles to take, but Brooks Foster is a solid prospect. He is tough and physical (27 bench press reps), as well as fast (4.44 40 yard dash). He didn’t produce all that much in college, but I think he’ll end up a being better pro.

5 (141) James Casey TE Rice
“Thor” is a physical specimen and caught a ridiculous 111 passes this past season. He should be a great security blanket for Donovan McNabb.

5 (157) Roy Miller DT Texas
The Eagles have 3 pretty good DT’s, but they always use a rotation and I think Roy Miller would fit well into that rotation.

5 (159) Richard Quinn TE North Carolina
Quinn is a great blocker and underrated as a receiver. He didn’t get a chance to catch the ball much at UNC, but with time he should be a competent receiver.

6 (194) Quinn Johnson FB LSU
The Eagles only signed Leonard Weaver for one year. They could stash him away on the practice squad for a year and then see what happens with Weaver.

6 (195) Robert Francois OLB Boston College
The Eagles could use some depth at LB and Robert Francois would be a good Special Teams guy to start out with and could develop into something more.

Philadelphia Eagles trade pick #53, pick #85, and pick #153 to Jacksonville Jaguars for pick #39 and pick #107.

Philadelphia Eagles trade pick #230 for 6th rounder next year.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Marcus Thigpen ^

I did see a bit of him, and as i said before, I don't think he would be a good returner in the NFL. I just have a feeling. He has the tools you look for, but I never see him running with the attitude that he'll never be tackled, which is something I want in a returner. I wouldn't mind him, but even though I know very little about the return man situation this year, I'm sure there are better options available.