PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Lions, Week 17

Yatta!
12-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Can we stop the rot and put the final nail into the Lions' infamous coffin?

princefielder28
12-28-2008, 08:27 AM
i am heading to Lambeau today, hopefully to see history.

GB12
12-28-2008, 12:37 PM
What's with Jennings dropping balls

GB12
12-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Finley finally showing his talent. Next year he's going to be a nice weapon for us. He's screwed up a lot this year, but with an offseason to work on it, he'll be a nice addition to our offense.

tjsunstein
12-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Jarrett Bush offside on a ******* FG. Can he do anything right? ****.

rumfinator
12-28-2008, 01:20 PM

He is just plain garbage. I would like to know how he offers us depth when he never plays on defense?

GB12
12-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I know our line is all shuffled around, but the pass protection is embarrassing.

GB12
12-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Rodgers went over 300 yards passing, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 21/31 with 7 of the 10 incompletions being drops
Grant and Wynn each went over 100 yards rushing
Jennings and Driver each went over 10 yards receiving

Good day offensively minus all the fumbles.

PackerLegend
12-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Jennings and Driver each went over 10 yards receiving

Thats quite an accomplishment Id hope so! :D

Jarret Bush blows... Ive said it every single week. I doubt the Lions would even want him but somehow he is still on our team.

Glad Driver got his yardage to go over 1000, I was hoping he would! Same with Rodgers over 4000 in his first year starting. Didnt they say Kurt Warner was the only other player to do that in their first year starting?

Rodgers went over 300 yards passing, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 21/31 with 7 of the 10 incompletions being drops
Rodgers didnt throw an Int

AtariBigby
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM

Oh he can, and he does. In practice.
In games, different story. Frustrating because the dude is a helluvan athlete. He just doesn't play well. He better be upgraded next year. I thought they tried to upgrade him with Pat Lee.

umphrey
12-28-2008, 06:27 PM
A couple (somewhat) obscure records:
The Packers set a league record with two receivers -- Donald Driver (111) and Greg Jennings (101) -- and two rushers, Ryan Grant (106) and DeShawn Wynn (106), to all go over 100 yards. According to Elias Sports Bureau, it is the first time that has happened.

Driver became the first Packers player to have six 1,000-yard receiving seasons.

princefielder28
12-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Al Harris played very poorly today....time for him to move on

EvilMonkey
12-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh he can, and he does. In practice.
In games, different story. Frustrating because the dude is a helluvan athlete. He just doesn't play well. He better be upgraded next year. I thought they tried to upgrade him with Pat Lee.

they upgraded simply by not allowing Jarret Bush to step on the field other than special teams....

EvilMonkey
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM
i am heading to Lambeau today, hopefully to see history.

i was there as well. Nothing like witnessing perfect imperfection.

jackalope
12-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Good game yesterday, nice to finally go to a game where the Packers win.

Was the Grant fumble a fumble or not? I had a pretty good view of it from where I was sitting and my first impression was that his head hit before it came out.

johbur
12-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Al Harris played very poorly today....time for him to move on

One game doesn't make for a time to move a veteran. TT doesn't like veteran players, but it sure would have been nice to have had Tracy White on special teams and KGB in the locker room. Al Harris had a very solid season, but he is over-matched against Calvin Johnson. That being said, there's a lot of CBs who can't handle CJ!!! Maybe Malcolm Jenkins can come in and he and Tramon Williams can apply pressure to take time away from Harris or induce Woodson to move to safety, where I think he and Collins would be AMAZING together!

princefielder28
12-30-2008, 07:48 AM
One game doesn't make for a time to move a veteran. TT doesn't like veteran players, but it sure would have been nice to have had Tracy White on special teams and KGB in the locker room. Al Harris had a very solid season, but he is over-matched against Calvin Johnson. That being said, there's a lot of CBs who can't handle CJ!!! Maybe Malcolm Jenkins can come in and he and Tramon Williams can apply pressure to take time away from Harris or induce Woodson to move to safety, where I think he and Collins would be AMAZING together!

It's not just this past game, but since last season Harris' play has been on the decline. Even John Standeford was able to beat Al.

GB12
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
No, absolutely would hate that. Woodson will be a great safety when the time comes, but that is not now. He was a top 3 corner this season, moving him to safety full time would be a waste.

I agree with not moving Harris though. Since he came back from the injury he was a shut down corner again until the Saints game. That and the Lions game he got beat on, but overall he's been good this year. Al Harris is one of the most scrutinized players on this forum, so it's natural for people to overeact on him. Yes, he's not what he was in 2006, but he's still better than a lot of corners out there. If we could get a high third or better maybe, maybe, it'd be something to consider but otherwise why bother? There's no reason to move him. Tramon Williams was quite impressive in the time he played, but there's no hurry to make him a full time starter. Right now we have one of the best starting corner duos and a top nickelback. That's something that not a lot of teams can say, but is almost becoming necessary because of today's passing attacks. Why mess that up. Worst case scenario we start Williams and bring Harris in on nickel situations. I don't see any benefit to getting rid of Al Harris.

AtariBigby
12-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Woodson is still one of the best CB's in the game and he has God-given athletic ability for it.

Plus he's not big/muscle enough to last long at safety. Look at how often Nick Collins, Aaron Rouse, and Atari Bigby get hurt back there and those guys have a lot more muscle than Woodson does. You guys forget how often Woodson was hurt in Oakland?
Safety is a physical postion a lot more than CB is. Even the bodybuilders Brian Dawkins and Adrian Wilson get hurt a lot.