PDA

View Full Version : The U: What the crap?

AtariBigby
12-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Whatever happened to THE U? The proud Miami Hurricanes.
They made the Cal Golden Bears look like a good team last night.
The Pac-Ten has never been accused of playing good defense but I didn't see any of those Miami RB's explode like I expected.

Anyway, enough of my disappointment: I want to know about the Miami RB's Graig Cooper and Javarris James. Are they draft-eligble, when? Are they, CAN they, be the next in what USED to be a long line, a PIPELINE, of talented NFL RB's?

I hardly ever get to see Miami games anymore so I don't know much about those guys except I remember EARLY HYPE about each of those RBs.

Who here KNOWS their 411?
Who's our Hurricane-Expert in here?

etk
12-28-2008, 08:50 AM
This is at least the 3rd time you've made a thread like this, and probably the 8th time you've made a post like this.

Graig Cooper and Javarris James are average backs. Cooper has no instincts or vision, he can't break a tackle and he stops on contact. He does have the tools to be a good back as he's pretty explosive and quick and runs tough inside....but when he gets in the open field he does nothing. Javarris is just like any other average 210 LB back...decent inside runner, decent power, below-average speed. He could be a backup on a ZBS team I guess.

Both are pretty overrated and I'd put them somewhere in the mid round range. Anyone who was watching us last night saw that Lee Chambers was our most effective back because he's a 1-cut speed guy. Don't be surprised to see Cooper and James lose touches with Chambers stepping up and Brown, Miller & James coming in. That is unless Cooper drastically reinvents his running style, in which case he would be All-ACC caliber and one of the best in the country.

Babylon
12-28-2008, 12:50 PM
FSU isnt setting the world on fire either so where are all the great Florida highschoolers going? U of Florida i guess.

Staubach12
12-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Let's just face it, The U just isn't quite The U anymore.

Babylon
12-28-2008, 02:11 PM

small u of M.

sbh15
12-28-2008, 02:18 PM

"Florida is the real U"
- Louis Murphy

:)

Zyro_1014
12-28-2008, 02:30 PM

they are still getting recruits...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-28-2008, 02:46 PM
The U will be back, Larry Coker was absolutely clueless. IF Shannon can do ANYTHING to develop talent, the U will be outstanding. Watching the game last night, it was Shannon's guys doing everything out there. All of our TDs and all of our big plays on defense.

Solomon
12-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah. Got some really nice young players on that D. Allen Bailey looks ready to explode, I could see him being a first rounder down the line. Marcus Forston looks like a future All-American, Sean Spence, Brandon Harris and Marcus Robinson look like building blocks for the future. And if the Brown brothers live up to even close to their hype this'll be a team to watch out for in a couple years.

etk
12-28-2008, 03:23 PM

We will always be the U because we have a ******* U on our helmet. It's not rocket science.

Staubach12
12-28-2008, 04:51 PM
We will always be the U because we have a ******* U on our helmet. It's not rocket science.

Haha wow... I meant they've not been producing such ridiculous pro prospects in such astounding ammounts in the past few years as they had back in the glory days. Way to be a douche.

murdamal86
12-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Miami will be fine. i hate to say it but, Shannon is is setting up the cupboard nicely for whoever gets the gig next lol cause i just don't see him as the coach to get the U back over the hump

YAYareaRB
12-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Jacory Harris for Heisman.
Sean Spence for Butkus.

Race for the Heisman
12-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Both Cooper and James are eligible this year, if I'm not mistaken. Cooper has a year of prep but it a sophomore, so he can wait until the 2011 draft if he wanted to; James is a junior so 2010 would be his final year. Cooper has the physical potential to be special, but when you consider he'll probably compete with Jahvid Best, DeMarco Murray, Jonathan Dwyer, perhaps LeSean McCoy and a few more, he's probably a late second-early fourth depending on who declares and how well he runs (for 2010).

Javarris James is a decent inside runner but I don't think he's got the top end quickness or long speed to be a real difference maker at the next level. Late fourth-mid sixth next year, maybe late fifth-early seventh if he came out this year.

etk
12-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Haha wow... I meant they've not been producing such ridiculous pro prospects in such astounding ammounts in the past few years as they had back in the glory days. Way to be a douche.

We're known as the U because we have a U on our helmet. If you wanna talk about the NFL draft, then say it properly. The U is not quite NFL U anymore. I'm not a douche, you just don't know what you're talking about so I had to correct you.

AtariBigby
12-30-2008, 01:46 AM
Both Cooper and James are eligible this year, if I'm not mistaken. Cooper has a year of prep but it a sophomore, so he can wait until the 2011 draft if he wanted to; James is a junior so 2010 would be his final year. Cooper has the physical potential to be special, but when you consider he'll probably compete with Jahvid Best, DeMarco Murray, Jonathan Dwyer, perhaps LeSean McCoy and a few more, he's probably a late second-early fourth depending on who declares and how well he runs (for 2010).

Javarris James is a decent inside runner but I don't think he's got the top end quickness or long speed to be a real difference maker at the next level. Late fourth-mid sixth next year, maybe late fifth-early seventh if he came out this year.

That's the type of info/update I was looking for when I asked, thanks.

This is at least the 3rd time you've made a thread like this, and probably the 8th time you've made a post like this.

I remember one other, a long time ago......I haven't even been to this forum all season long until a couple days ago, and havn't watched a single Miami game all season. Not all of us have time to watch college football all day long anymore (I wish I did believe me).
I'm already constantly getting b'd at by my wife for watching every single NFL game every week. I like college football, despite the BS BCS crap. I LOVE the NFL. So I sacrifice Saturdays to watch on Sunday.

I gotta sacrifice a little, and I haven't seen Miami on any of the ABC Saturday night games all year, again. It was always the Big 12, which is what I usually get a chance to see living down here in Dallas.