PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card Playoffs - Philadelphia Eagles vs Minnesota Vikings

djp
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Please God, let us win this game.

The Dynasty
12-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Should be a good game but it worrys me with Jim Johnson and the blitzing..We had a tough time protecting tarvaris today against the giants. I hope Pat will be back for the game.

DWhaLe
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Should be a good game but it worrys me with Jim Johnson and the blitzing..We had a tough time protecting tarvaris today against the giants. I hope Pat will be back for the game.

Pat Who???

FuzzyGopher
12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Pat Who???

Pat Sajak.

the_legend_killer
12-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Pat Sajak.

AND Vanna White.

BuckNaked
12-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Playoffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffs!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

NY+Giants=NYG
12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Good game guys! Beat the Egurls!

FuzzyGopher
12-29-2008, 10:26 AM
We have to protect the football to win this game, no fumbles by Peterson or Jackson, no muffing punts, and no stupid throws for interceptions. The Eagles slaughtered the Cowboys because they capitalized on turnovers and blitzed the crap out of McNabb. Jackson has to learn how to tuck the ball and take a sack, on 2 or 3 occasions yesterday he was waving the ball over his head while being sacked. He is begging to have it stripped and that is the type of stuff that will lose us games.

The Eagles are kind of like us in that their play is so volatile. One week they tie the Bengals or lose to the Redskins and the next weak they blow out the Cowboys 44-6. This is what gives me hope that we could beat them, if we come out firing on all cylinders get an early lead and run the ball we can win. If we fumble the ball 7 times then we will be laughed off the field.

General Zod
12-29-2008, 11:19 AM
This game is gonna fall on T-Jack. Jim Johnson will put up at least 9 in the box. Then he'll throw every kinda blitz youve never seen at Jackson to confuse him. Its what makes him a great D coordinator. Jackson has to play a smart game. And then of course, no fumbles, decent kick coverage on special teams, hope like hell big Pat can go.

The_Dude
12-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Please God, let us win this game.

I love how you start every thread with this line....

Seriously though, i agree that it will all come down to the protection; which scares the crap out of me since Johnson will send about a bizillion different types of blitzes.

Early prediction: Eagles 28 ~ Vikes 17

Sorry, but i am a pessimist. :(

DHVF
12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Don't worry boys, this one should be easy :). On a serious note though it sounds like Pat will be back and man do I miss that big teddy bear.

BuckNaked
12-29-2008, 01:21 PM
The Tarvaris Train trucking through to Tampa.

Alliteration is my friend.

djp
12-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Early keys to the game

1) We need to play well in the flats. Meaning, good tackling on outside runs and quick decisions and tackles on passes in the flat. This is a huge key to stopping Westbrook. If he breaks some tackles and turns some 4-5 yard dumps into 35 yard gains, we have a major problem.

2) Let's hold onto the ball..

3) Just like it is every week, we need to pass on early downs at the start of the game to loosen up Jim Johnson's defense a bit. Tarvaris is going to have to make some easy throws and be smart with the football.

The Dynasty
12-29-2008, 06:25 PM
WILLIAMS WALL RETURNS ON SUNDAY?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 29, 2008, 4:46 p.m. EST

As we pointed out in our Ten-Pack for SportingNews.com (gratuitous plug no. 3), the Vikings miss defensive tackle Pat Williams, who has missed two games with a broken shoulder.

Per Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Williams has been cleared by doctors to play on Sunday against the Eagles.

There’s only one obstacle.

“I got to fight with the missus,” Williams said.

In 14 games with Pat Williams, the Vikings gave up an average of 71 yards on the ground. Against the Falcons in Week Sixteen, the Vikings surrendered 98 yard

Well that's good to here. We have defiantly missed him in the run game.

bearsfan_51
12-29-2008, 08:24 PM
think the key to this game is that the Vikings gain at least 10 yards every 3 plays. They'll need to continue to do this at least 6-7 times per drive.

It would also help if they stop the Eagles from doing this.

The_Dude
12-29-2008, 11:04 PM
think the key to this game is that the Vikings gain at least 10 yards every 3 plays. They'll need to continue to do this at least 6-7 times per drive.

No wonder you are a prof..... thanks for the help! ;)

djp
12-30-2008, 03:16 PM

I just flagged down Childress in Winter Park with a printout of your post

TitleTown088
12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
This game can potentially be blacked out? You kidding me? The vikings first playoff game in 4 years and they fans wont but them? You Viking fans are so devout.

Last I heard 20,000 tickets need to be sold.

djp
12-30-2008, 04:42 PM
This game can potentially be blacked out? You kidding me? The vikings first playoff game in 4 years and they fans wont but them? You Viking fans are so devout.

Last I heard 20,000 tickets need to be sold.

Hey, we bought playoff tickets long ago. I'm going on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure they will end up selling the game out anyways.. if they get under 8,000 tickets or so, FOX/KMSP will buy the rest.. someone wants to be a hero.

Casual Viking fans do suck though.

russie
12-30-2008, 05:42 PM
14,000 TO GO IN THE LAND OF 10,000 LAKES
Posted by Mike Florio on December 30, 2008, 2:52 p.m.
The good news for folks in the Twin Cities who choose to stay home and watch Sunday’s home playoff game on television?

An impressive 6,000 tickets to the Eagles-Vikings game were sold on Monday.

The bad news?

Another 14,000 need to sell, or the game will be blacked out.

The last playoff game blacked out locally occurred in 2002, when the Ravens-Dolphins game in Miami failed to sell out before the deadline. We’re told, however, that after the blackout became effective, the rest of the seats sold.

The Dynasty
12-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Well I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about this game being blacked out being in NY but I hope it doesn't for your guys. I would hate to get this game blacked out if i lived in Minnesota.

GB12
12-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Holy **** that's pathetic. I'm sure it won't actually be blacked out because it's the Vikings not the Lions, but the fact that you're close is pretty lame. No wonder you won't have a team in 3 years.

Dr. Gonzo
12-30-2008, 05:56 PM
I have a ******* baptism I have to go to at 1:30. I have already told everyone I am not going because I might miss a bit of the game but that angered people because I am the godfather. I am almost positive I will miss none of the game but if anyone tells me I have to go to the after party I will flip out. I will be wearing my lucky Vikings shirt that has never been worn by me during a Vikings loss. I am pumped.

russie
12-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Well I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about this game being blacked out being in NY but I hope it doesn't for your guys. I would hate to get this game blacked out if i lived in Minnesota.
same for me, i live and hour west of shitcago, so it shouldnt be a problem for me either.

I have a ******* baptism I have to go to at 1:30. I have already told everyone I am not going because I might miss a bit of the game but that angered people because I am the godfather. I am almost positive I will miss none of the game but if anyone tells me I have to go to the after party I will flip out. I will be wearing my lucky Vikings shirt that has never been worn by me during a Vikings loss. I am pumped.

my boy has a wrestling tourney that day, luckily it's in the next town, so i shouldn't miss any. here's to hoping your shirt helps stop the iggles from hanging 40 points on the vikes

Dr. Gonzo
12-30-2008, 06:27 PM
my boy has a wrestling tourney that day, luckily it's in the next town, so i shouldn't miss any. here's to hoping your shirt helps stop the iggles from hanging 40 points on the vikes

Oh god I hope my shirt works. If it does not I will set it on fire which sucks because it is a good shirt. If the Vikings lose I will be drinking myself numb that night.

TitleTown088
12-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh god I hope my shirt works. If it does not I will set it on fire which sucks because it is a good shirt. If the Vikings lose I will be drinking myself numb that night.

You should go buy a homewreaker of Makers Mark right now.

giver17
12-30-2008, 10:39 PM

who is kidding who, I think we will all be drinking ourselves numb regardless of a win or a loss... A win will just make us all happy drunks instead of rampaging masters of destruction.

giver17
12-30-2008, 10:40 PM
You should go buy a homewreaker of Makers Mark right now.

and don't worry, I have a 30 rack of Hamm's with my name on it

Vikes99ej
12-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Holy **** that's pathetic. I'm sure it won't actually be blacked out because it's the Vikings not the Lions, but the fact that you're close is pretty lame. No wonder you won't have a team in 3 years.

Was there a ******* point to this post? Jesus Christ, your season ended 3 days ago. Get over it. You think we aren't aware this team could be moving? We get it, Packers' fans are bunch of loyal, pig ******* drunks who sell out every single game no matter how many picks their golden boy threw. There's no reason for something like this.

djp
12-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Cool it, guys.

Vikes99ej
12-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Cool it, guys.

Sorry DJ, just defendin' our territory.

GB12
12-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Was there a ******* point to this post? Jesus Christ, your season ended 3 days ago. Get over it. You think we aren't aware this team could be moving? We get it, Packers' fans are bunch of loyal, pig ******* drunks who sell out every single game no matter how many picks their golden boy threw. There's no reason for something like this.
Wow, calm down. It wasn't directed to anyone on here. I know you guys are all true fans. You have to admit though that it's pretty weak that they're having a hard time selling out a playoff game. I didn't know it was that bad.

Vikes99ej
12-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Wow, calm down. It wasn't directed to anyone on here. I know you guys are all true fans. You have to admit though that it's pretty weak that they're having a hard time selling out a playoff game. I didn't know it was that bad.

I didn't mean to spaz out or anything. I am just easily bothered when it comes to the topic of the Vikings moving. It's a touchy subject.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Beat the Eagles!!!!!! Do it!!!

vikes_28
12-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Beat the Eagles!!!!!! Do it!!!

Don't get your hopes up...

BeerBaron
12-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Just so you know, I'm rooting for the Vikes over the Eagles. I'm just so sick of everyone being so far up the NFC East's ass.....

If you guys have Pat back, I don't see this trend of running the ball the Eagles have going lasting very long. Hope you can force the pass and make McNabb choke like he has in so many big games before...

Vikes99ej
12-31-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm going to the game. Sorry blackout, you're not stopping this guy from seeing the game!

NY+Giants=NYG
01-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Just so you know, I'm rooting for the Vikes over the Eagles. I'm just so sick of everyone being so far up the NFC East's ass.....

If you guys have Pat back, I don't see this trend of running the ball the Eagles have going lasting very long. Hope you can force the pass and make McNabb choke like he has in so many big games before...

Well we have good reason too. It's pretty much the NFC East and then South, and then everyone else. That's one good thing, a "bad team" in our divsion normally turns it around in one year. Look at the West, it's always pathetic!!

The Dynasty
01-03-2009, 11:50 PM
We have to keep this game close. The Eagles are only 1-5 when the game ends with the score difference of 7 points or less. But they are 9-1 when the score difference is more than 7. The biggest thing that fears me other than Tarvaris versus the blitz is Passes to the flats to Westbrook and Buckhalter. We need to make sure they cant get those out there.

This game could be really low scoring.

It really comes down to how Tarvaris handles the the blitz. I hope he can make plays with little dumps to AD when they blitz and no jump passing or being sacked and still trying to throw.

russie
01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
whoever made the decision that pat williams sit out for this game should be sent packing. even if it was pat himself. the playoffs are do or die. what is the point of sitting him just to make sure he is ready for next year? it's been a few years since the vikes were in the playoffs and it may be a few more before they are back

the_legend_killer
01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Feces.....

The Dynasty
01-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Passes to the flats to Westbrook and Buckhalter. We need to make sure they cant get those out there.

Well that was the killing play for us.

The Defense today played very well today except against the 1 play for 70 yards. We were stopping them and holding them to field goals which were good things. I thought Fred Evans played pretty well by taking the place of Pat Williams. Also Robison should be the starting LE, Ray Edwards doesnt get pressure on the QB where Robison was getting it on McNabb today against a good RT.

Defensive Needs: CB, DT

The offense still needs a lot of help. We still have no threat other than Adrian Peterson. I'm not hating on Tarvaris but we need a better QB if we have to take this team serious. Tarvaris started out well but finished absolutely terrible. We still need help..He can not lead this team to where we could be going.

Offensive Needs: RT, QB, C, WR

Dr. Gonzo
01-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Time to drink away my pain sirs. **** my life.

the_legend_killer
01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
At least Ryan Cook got his false starts in before the end of the game. Even with today, I don't want Minnesota to draft a QB, if they can get someone worth a dang, and Frerotte type people are not that, in FA then maybe.

The Dynasty
01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
At least Ryan Cook got his false starts in before the end of the game. Even with today, I don't want Minnesota to draft a QB, if they can get someone worth a dang, and Frerotte type people are not that, in FA then maybe.

Unless some QB's get cut we might be settling on Tarvaris or drafting one. The Upcoming FA's arent that eye opening..Kurt Warner will probably Retire or Stay in Arizona, Jeff Garcia will probably stay in Tampa. With the report of Cassel being tagged the only way we going to get him so a trade. The other QB's are Losman, Boller, Batch, Grossman, Ramsey, and Collins. I cant think of any QB's right now that would be worth Trading for that could come in and help right away.

With that I guess we hope that Kurt or Jeff dont retire or dont go back to there places because those are the only ones worth signing over starting Tarvaris. But If Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez is there at 23, I dont think we should draft a QB as well.

Gay Ork Wang
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
though luck, i missed the game, but i really wanted u guys to win, i hate the eagles more than u guys

djp
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
We just got outplayed by the better team. No excuses.

The lack of blitzes by Frazier disappointed me.. he thought we could get pressure with just the front 4 and that just didn't happen.

Also, the drive after Allen finally got to McNabb and got the fumble really sucked. That was a huge momentum killer

Vikes99ej
01-04-2009, 10:23 PM
What an awesome game!

General Zod
01-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Im a little bit sick to my stomach right now to give a sensable post. I will say that this should end any arguement at all that Jackson should be behind center for this team.

And props to Childress for more of that great play calling. No way Jackson should be throwing the ball 35 times in this game, with AD only getting 20 touches.