PDA

View Full Version : William Moore...

foozball
12-29-2008, 09:02 PM
what's the deal with him? looks slow tonight as he has all year. looks 20lbs overweight. hasnt done much of anything all year.

he's dealt with some injuries this year, but who is he? is he the awesome ballhawk from 2007 or is this what we should expect from him from now on? how far has his stock fallen? is he better off at SS?

Paranoidmoonduck
12-29-2008, 09:05 PM
I think overweight might sum it up. He just looks too heavy to be as effective as he was last year.

Scott Wright
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
He's probably a little heavy.

He's been nicked up all year too.

etk
12-29-2008, 09:09 PM
He seems quick to me and has great backpedal speed. I'm sure the size hurts his speed though. I like him from a physical standpoint, but I wouldn't make him a centerfielder unless he dropped 10 lbs. Solid SS though.

BeerBaron
12-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Solid SSs don't go in the middle of the first round though. He's still be an upgrade for a team like Denver or New Orleans for sure, but he just hasn't been looking all that great to me tonight.

etk
12-29-2008, 09:16 PM
If Kenny Phillips is only late-1st value...Moore should be an early 2nd at best. Good point on value.

ThePudge
12-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Early-Mid 2nd Round pick in my opinion. I just discussed him in my thread which should be either above or below this (depending on when you read it.)

"--- William Moore has done very little to impress me this season and I'm not so sure he's a first round pick come April. His hips and change of direction skills in coverage, along with his instincts and by association, consistency, have to be analyzed very closely. He has plenty of physical ability, but I'm not so sure anymore that he is a Safety even. Reminds me of Thomas Davis a bit, who was a S/LB tweener around draft time.

His physical ability and career production will keep him from falling all too far, but I'm not sold at this point on him as a first round pick at Safety. The Senior Bowl should show us his read and recognition skills closely under a microscope which should be interesting. I am more impressed with Rashad Johnson and Louis Delmas as football players, but I still would predict Moore to go ahead of each due to his physical talent and success throughout his career. An Early-Mid 2nd Round pick in my opinion right now."

I would absolutely agree with the overweight comment as he looks more like a weak-side linebacker, unfortunately he's moved like one this season. Still a solid prospect, but he'd be better off getting back down around 210-215 rather than 230+.

Zyro_1014
12-29-2008, 09:39 PM
this is the first time ive gotten to see Moore this year, and he does seem kind of slow tonight.

ThePudge
12-29-2008, 09:42 PM
this is the first time ive gotten to see Moore this year, and he does seem kind of slow tonight.

It's been like this all season, disappearing more and more each game. It's a bit sad because of his ability. He simply needs to lose some of the weight and show a more consistent effort. He really gave up after slipping on that early Touchdown. Not a guy I'd trust in one-on-one coverage at this point.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-29-2008, 09:43 PM

He's sucked all year.

Does anyone have the Arrelious Benn clip? Where Benn walks through him.

illmatic74
12-29-2008, 10:02 PM
He's sucked all year.

Does anyone have the Arrelious Benn clip? Where Benn walks through him.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WcVKilWjo

the decider13
12-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I had hopes for Moore...but I dont think he is worth the 12th pick for Denver. With the way he is looking, he might even be there for their 2nd rounder.

will99890
12-30-2008, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't touch Moore before the mid second round unless he got back down to the 210-220 range. 230 is just way too much weight for his frame to handle imo.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-30-2008, 01:39 PM
If he was the man who I saw play last year I'd take him in the top 15 for sure. Right now I'm not so sure.

Menardo75
12-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Well I hope for his sake he gets in shape and tears it up at the combine. That's the only thing that's going to save him at this point.

Babylon
12-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Weatherspoon was the class of that Missouri defense. Seems like 3 2nd rounders from that team, Weatherspoon, Coffman and Moore.

armageddon
12-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Weatherspoon was the class of that Missouri defense. Seems like 3 2nd rounders from that team, Weatherspoon, Coffman and Moore.

Maclin is a 1st rounder and their DT is a 3rd rounder too

Texas Homer
12-31-2008, 11:35 PM
I've watched him few times this year and I wasn't that impressed. He's good, but I don't think I'd take him with a 1st.