PDA

View Full Version : Willie Williams olb Union College

wicket
12-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Yes the guy that wrote the diaries. After a really rough start to his college career he has really found focus at the well division a million school. But by absolutely dominating there and being the best player on the field by a mile it i've read that he has become draftable again. Can't say that i've seen him play but i am really interested in the story.
Does someone know more about him and/or has seen him play this season?

wonderbredd24
12-30-2008, 03:35 PM
This the same Willie Williams that got kicked out of Miami and West Virginia... two programs that will basically take anyone with a checkered past.

I'm kind of surprised the guy is still alive

wicket
12-30-2008, 03:36 PM
This the same Willie Williams that got kicked out of Miami and West Virginia... two programs that will basically take anyone with a checkered past.

I'm kind of surprised the guy is still alive

tru but the guy lives and hasnt been arrested for weeks

foozball
12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
stats? measurables?

wicket
12-30-2008, 03:52 PM
stats? measurables?

6'3 228lbs and a 4'6 40yd

he had 150 tackles 19,5 tfl and11.5 sacks

SuperKevin
12-30-2008, 03:54 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1351106&postcount=7

Your measurables are way off. Last month he played in the East Coast bowl and he had an official weigh in and run time

He was 6'2" 211 lbs and ran a 4.51 hand timed 40 yard dash

wicket
12-30-2008, 03:57 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1351106&postcount=7

Your measurables are way off. Last month he played in the East Coast bowl and he had an official weigh in and run time

He was 6'2" 211 lbs and ran a 4.51 hand timed 40 yard dash

well he lost some weight than that explains everything (except that inch). Just got my measurables from another site though that gets starred here.

SuperKevin
12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
well he lost some weight than that explains everything (except that inch). Just got my measurables from another site though that gets starred here.

At 211 lbs he has no shot at being drafted.

Smokey Joe
12-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah, he really needs to bulk up, unless he is planning on playing SS for some reason.

RedVision
12-30-2008, 04:49 PM

This sentence is soo absurd its scary :eek:

YAYareaRB
12-30-2008, 06:18 PM

Why should he get picked up over a LB of the same caliber who hasn't been arrested.. ever?

underscore
12-30-2008, 06:23 PM
There was another thread on here about him. Seems he's legitimately cleaned up his life.

He's a UDFA type who has a good shot at making a team.

YAYareaRB
12-30-2008, 06:24 PM
I think he can make the switch to Safety.

djp
12-30-2008, 06:26 PM
He never had any off the field problems at Miami. In fact, he raised a child and was on the honor roll during his time as a Cane. He just couldn't crack the lineup.. didn't pick up the schemes.. in high school they just said "go" and you can't do that at Miami.

He showed flashes of brilliance but if he's not smart enough to pick up a college playbook (and Miami's D is not that complicated) -- he won't be able to play as an NFL player.

Perhaps he could be a legit special teamer but he ain't playing in the league as a linebacker.

Smokey Joe
12-30-2008, 07:10 PM
He never had any off the field problems at Miami. In fact, he raised a child and was on the honor roll during his time as a Cane. He just couldn't crack the lineup.. didn't pick up the schemes.. in high school they just said "go" and you can't do that at Miami.

He showed flashes of brilliance but if he's not smart enough to pick up a college playbook (and Miami's D is not that complicated) -- he won't be able to play as an NFL player.

Perhaps he could be a legit special teamer but he ain't playing in the league as a linebacker.
I think the whole recruiting process corrupted him. He was made out to be some superstar by all these colleges, getting royal treatment, etc. A lot of 16-18 year old kids could get corrupted by that.

djp
12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I think the whole recruiting process corrupted him. He was made out to be some superstar by all these colleges, getting royal treatment, etc. A lot of 16-18 year old kids could get corrupted by that.

That, and growing up in the absolute worst ghetto of South Florida with putrid public education systems.

SuperKevin
12-30-2008, 07:13 PM
That, and growing up in the absolute worst ghetto of South Florida with putrid public education systems.

Same thing happened to Taurean Charles

djp
12-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Same thing happened to Taurean Charles

Charles was in for a rude awakening at UF. He was not expecting the atmosphere he encountered when he got to Florida. Injuries also hurt him.

Smokey Joe
12-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I think Willie Williams can become a ST ace though in the NFL. He has just such amazing athleticism, and if he does have his head on straight, some NFL team will invite him to camp.

Hollywood
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Why should he get picked up over a LB of the same caliber who hasn't been arrested.. ever?

Why shouldn't he??

captainjack27
12-30-2008, 09:00 PM
He's still playing? wtf ?

SuperKevin
12-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Why shouldn't he??

Your sig is way too big dude

JLaw45
12-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Why shouldn't he??

Because that LB will have the same talent and no issues off the field.

Pokeys
12-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Brandon Johnson was 218 coming out of Louisville and now I think hes up to 245. I loved him as a sleeper pick coming out of college and now in his 3rd year in the NFL hes tearing it up with Cincy. He seriously looks like a 1st round pick, 6'5 and flys around on the field.

Its surprising to hear hes down to 211 I last heard he was around 220. He can put that weight back on. I think hes a skilled player, was comparing him to Brandon Johnson but without the off-field problems and probably not as good as him.

His stat line for 08 is nice though...
150 Tackles 20 for Loss 4 FF 11.5 Sacks

Solomon
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM

Maybe it's just me but I figured Wicket was being sarcastic. I mean who would use not being arrested in "weeks" as a compliment.

wicket
12-31-2008, 04:55 AM
Because that LB will have the same talent and no issues off the field.
But purely on talent you are talking prolly about a second or third rounder, for instance to me he is more talented that jonathan casillas (a proj 3rd rounder)
Maybe it's just me but I figured Wicket was being sarcastic. I mean who would use not being arrested in "weeks" as a compliment.

I was wondering when someone finally figured that out, it really was getting funny.

wicket
05-04-2009, 03:12 AM
The answer to the question about willie be drafted : No he willie not (sorry I know its not funny but you gotta stick with it once you have it going)
He was signed as an UDFA by the Packers. So even with the worst character in the world you can still earn a paycheck playing football ;)

underscore
05-04-2009, 05:48 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090427/PKR01/90427203/1058

"Contrary to a published report and a statement from his school, Union College (Ky.) linebacker Willie Williams has not signed with the Packers, nor is it believed the team will sign him."

RealityCheck
05-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Weighing 211 lbs and running 4.58? He's a safety.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Willie Williams had a mile-long rap sheet as a junvenile, petty crimes theft, but just enough to display a problematic criminal mindset and a guy who enjoyed getting in trouble, ( I think he had like thirteen arrests before age 18!!).
He thugged students on recruiting trips to UF and Florida State, couldn't stick at Miami or Louisville, transferred to lower division college where he could have started as a HS junior, and apparently didn't know how to find the weight room and improve himself as a player.

His big problem now is he's all athletic ability, hype, and potential, but from the neck up he's not a pro LB.
People take for granted how intelligent guys like Ray Lewis and Jonathan Vilma were in college, especially from a football standpoint.

Ray Lewis can dissect what an offense is about to do before the snap, he's never out of position, and he never gets fooled.

The Willie Williams saga is a tragic story, but his future IMO is not in the NFL.

People try to bash Harvin for his indiscretions in HS, where as a guy like Williams should probably have been in jail instead of being offered a scholarship by the U.