PDA

View Full Version : 3 rounds, post FA

MWill
03-04-2007, 12:17 AM
1. Oakland: Jamarcus Russell, QB (LSU): With Garcia off to Tampa, the big armed QB looks to again be Al Davisí attempt to bring back a true vertical game to Oakland.

2. Detroit: Joe Thomas, T (Wisconsin): Millen wants to have a good season. Even if it is just 9-7, that will hopefully, for his sake, save his job. Thomas is the safe pick. If he can help give Kitna some time, with Bell and Williams in the lineup, they can win some games.

3. Cleveland: Adrian Peterson, RB (Oklahoma): They have beefed up their offensive line, possible in hopes of this stud back plowing through the holes.

4. Tampa Bay: Calvin Johnson, WR (Georgia Tech): Even with some shuffling in the top rounds, they still get their guy. QB is major concern, but C.J will help make that hole look better, as well as make Cadillac look better.

5. Arizona: Laron Landry, S (LSU): Thomas would be ideal, but Landry still gives them great value. Adrian Wilson is an excellent safety, but likes to play in the box where he is most effective. Having a FS who can cover the middle of the field like Landry can is a necessity.

6. Washington: Gaines Adams, DE (Clemson): Signing Smoot beefs up the secondary, but if they donít have a true pass rusher like Adams to get to the QB then corners will continue to be exposed.

7. Minnesota: Brady Quinn, QB (Notre Dame): Jackson is very, very raw, and it will be hard to pass on Quinn, who shows much more potential to be a franchise QB.

8. Houston: Levi Brown, T (Penn State): This may be the year, if they keep Carr, that they finally give him some protection.

9. Miami: Jamaal Anderson, DE (Arkansas): Anderson is good pass rusher, but struggles against the run. He could learn well from studying under Jason Taylor.

10. Atlanta: Amobi Okoye, DT (Louisville): Perfect defensive tackle for the system, one who can stuff the run and shoot gaps.

11. San Francisco: Alan Branch, DT (Michigan): A true steal at 11, Branch will be the anchor on the defensive line that the Niners have been looking for.

12. Buffalo: Marshawn Lynch, RB (California): There has to be a reason why theyíve been so vocal about McGhee trade talks, and it may be that they have this talented RB from Cal on their minds.

13. St. Louis: Patrick Willis, LB (Mississippi): Could be very effective for the Rams considering they are one of the worst run defense teams in the league, and have huge holes at SLB and MLB, two positions that Willis can play and play well.

14. Carolina: Greg Olsen, TE (Miami): Need a receiver who can stretch the field and they have not gotten and got no TE help this year. Olsen had a combine that often leads to a huge shoot up the draft boards.

15. Pittsburgh: Jarvis Moss, DE/LB (Florida): At 250 and with great speed, he has all of the tools to be a strong 3-4 outside LB, a position clearly in need of rebuilding in Pittsburgh.

16. Green Bay: Ted Ginn JR, WR (Ohio State): With Lynch off the board, they go for the most electrifying offensive talent available. This pick is all depending on what kind of pro day Ginn has.

17. Jacksonville: Reggie Nelson, S (Florida): The safety position has been riddled by injury, and Nelson could bring youth and talent to the position. Jags could not cover the middle of the field last year.

18. Cincinatti: Leon Hall, CB (Michigan): Cornerback was a glaring weakness this past season, and getting Hall at 18 is great value.

19. Tennessee: Robert Meachem, WR (Tennessee): Need help at CB, but they can not pass on giving Young a receiver of Meachemís ability.

20. NY Giants: Paul Posluszny, LB (Penn State): I know that many donít like Poz. The fact is, anyone who watched him at the combine could see that his mobility is back and that was his biggest question following his injury. There are no questions of whether or not he is a football player, and his toughness will be recognized by Coughlin.

21. Denver: Adam Carriker, DE (Nebraska): Filled the CB hole with Bly, giving them as good of a CB pairing as there is. Adding a stud like Carriker at 21, an almost 300 pound DE who can get to the QB is another piece to the defensive puzzle.

22. Dallas: Brandon Merriweather, S (Miami): Great senior bowl could help him move up the boards. Fills a huge hole in Dallas, since Roy Williams loves to play close to the box, and his coverage skills have not improved.

23. Kansas City: Dwayne Bowe, WR (LSU): Need a top receiver and Bowe has the size and speed to fulfill that potential.

24. New England (via Seattle): Chris Houston, CB (Arkansas): Belichek has always loved CBís who can play bump and be physical, and that is what Houston has made his name doing.

25. NY Jets: Aaron Ross, CB (Texas): Lacked a true playmaker at the Cornerback position, and Ross has all the tools to fill that void.

26. Philadelphia: Lawrence Timmons, LB (Florida State): Struggle against the run, and will be intrigued by the athletic LB who can go sideline to sideline.

27. New Orleans: Darelle Revis, CB (Pittsburgh): Got beat for big plays most of the season, and need an athletic cover man who can help improve the Saints defense.

28. New England: David Harris, LB (Michigan): Has the speed and size of someone Belicheck would be intrigued by working with. Could play Inside or Out, and provide depth since Banta-Cain is on his way out.

29. Baltimore: Jon Beason, LB (Miami): Athletic LB who will try and fill the huge hole left by soon to be Patriot Addalius Thomas.

30. San Diego: Dwayne Jarrett, WR (USC): WR became a glaring need in the playoff loss to New England, and they couldnít ask for much better value at 30 then Jarrett.

31. Chicago: Arron Sears, OL (Tennessee): Youth along the offensive line is a need. Sears can bring great depth and versatility.

32. Indianapolis: Tank Tyler, DT (NC State): Despite an excellent playoff, the run defense needs work. McFarland is no young guy, and there is no depth behind he and Brock.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

33. Oakland: Ben Grubbs, G (Auburn)

34. Detroit: Anthony Spencer, DE (Purdue)

35. Cleveland: Michael Griffin, S (Texas)

36. Tampa Bay: Ryan McBeam, DT (Oklahoma St.)

37. NY Jets (via Washington): Justin Harrell, DT (Tennessee)

38. Arizona: Tony Ugoh, T (Arkansas)

39. Houston: Anthony Gonzalez, WR (Ohio State)

40. Miami: Justin Blalock, G (Texas)

41. Minnesota: Victor Abiamari, DE (Notre Dame)

42. San Francisco: Ryan Kalil, C (U.S.C)

43. Buffalo: Eric Wright, CB (UNLV)

44. Atlanta: Sidney Rice, WR (South Carolina)

45. Carolina: Justin Durant, LB (Hamton)

46. Pittsburgh: Josh Beekman, OL (Boston College)

47. Green Bay: Kenny Irons, RB (Auburn)

48. Jacksonville: Buster Davis, LB (Florida State)

49. Cincinnati: Tim Shaw, LB (Penn State)

50. Tennessee: Marcus McCauley, CB (Fresno State)

51. NY Giants: Josh Wilson, CB (Maryland)

52. St. Louis: Eric Weddle, S (Utah)

53. Dallas: Charles Johnson, DE/LB (Georgia)

54. Kansas City: Quinn Pitcock, DT (Ohio State)

55. Seattle: Manuel Ramirez, G (Texas Tech)

56. Denver: Jason Hill, WR (Washington State)

57. Philadelphia: Jonathan Wade, CB (Tennessee)

58. New Orleans: Zach Miller, TE (Arizona State)

59. NY Jets: Quentin Moses, DE/LB (Georgia)

60. Miami (via N.E- Wes Welker): Brian Leonard, FB (Rutgers)

61. Baltimore: Michael Bush, RB (Louisville)

62. San Diego: Lamarr Woodley, LB (Michigan)

63. Chicago: Brandon Mebane, DT (California)

64. Tampa Bay (via Indianapolis): Tim Crowder, DE (Texas)

65. Oakland: Joe Staley, T (Central Michigan)

66. Detroit: Tarrell Brown, CB (Texas)

67. Cleveland: Zack Deossie, LB (Brown)

68. Tampa Bay: Trent Edwards, QB (Stanford)

69. Arizona: Brian Robinson, DE (Texas)

70. Denver (via Washington): Ryan Harris, T (Notre Dame)

71. Miami: H.B Blades, LB (Pittsburgh)

72. Minnesota: Aundrea Allison, WR (East Carolina)

73. Houston: Lorenzo Booker, RB (Florida State)

74. Buffalo: H.B Blades, LB (Pittsburgh)

75. Atlanta: Brandon Siler, LB (Florida)

76. San Francisco: Craig Davis, WR (LSU)

77. Pittsburgh: Stewart Bradley, LB (Nebraska)

78. Green Bay: Sabby Piscatelli, S (Oregon State)

79. Jacksonville: Marshall Yanda, G (Iowa)

80. Tennessee: James Marten, T (Boston College)

81. NY Giants: Doug Free, T (Northern Illinois)

82. St. Louis: Tim Duckworth, G (Auburn)

83. Carolina: Drew Stanton, QB (Michigan State)

84. Kansas City: Fred Bennet, CB (South Carolina)

85. Seattle: Dan Bazuin, DE (Central Michigan)

86. Denver: Antwaan Barnes, LB (Florida International)

87. Dallas: Brandon Frye, T (Virginia Tech)

88. New Orleans: Rhema McKnight, WR (Notre Dame)

89. NY Jets: Brian Leonard, HB (Rutgers)

90. Philadelphia: John Wendling, S (Wyoming)

91. New England: Steve Smith, WR (USC)

92. Baltimore: Kevin Kolb, QB (Houston)

93. San Diego: Michael Johnson, S (Arizona)

94. Chicago: Ben Patrick, TE (Delaware)

95. Indianapolis: Earl Everett, LB (Florida)

Caddy
03-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Besides Crowder and Johnson, the Buc draft is extremely ordinary..

McBean and Edwards would be horrible picks at their respective position..

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 12:37 AM
The most exciting Packers draft but can't make too many complaints

Finlayson56
03-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Dallas wont go after a Tackle in the 2 round

49erfaithful
03-04-2007, 12:38 AM
SF would take a WR in round 2

Finsfan79
03-04-2007, 12:45 AM
I dont get the leonard pick really at all. We dont need a RB, and he lost alot of weight to be more of a RB then a FB anyways and our FB wasnt that bad.

MWill
03-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Dallas wont go after a Tackle in the 2 round

Charles Johnson is the 2nd round pick. He's not a tackle

MWill
03-04-2007, 12:48 AM
I dont get the leonard pick really at all. We dont need a RB, and he lost alot of weight to be more of a RB then a FB anyways and our FB wasnt that bad.

I put him down as an HB, not RB or FB.

MWill
03-04-2007, 12:49 AM
SF would take a WR in round 2

What's wrong with getting Kalil in round 2 and then Craig Davis in round 2?

JT Jag
03-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Jason Hill in the second and Rufus Alexander in the third and then it's a perfect Jaguars mock.

Finsfan79
03-04-2007, 01:10 AM
I put him down as an HB, not RB or FB.

either case it is not a primary need with a roster holding Ricky williams, Ronnie Brown and Travis Minor we have more then enough there already thank you.

In the 1st round branch is a much better pick there then Anderson for us. Anderson is a 4-3 DE

I love Anderson and I think he is one of the best players in the draft but he doesnít fit our system. He isnít a good fit at 3-4 DE and he isnít a good fit at 3-4 OLB. So there is really no place to put him.

Alan Branch is a DE in the 3-4 and when we hybrid (15-20%) of the time he can play the 3 technique DT

Branch should be there pick there.

40. Miami: Justin Blalock, G (Texas)

Kalil is a much better fit there then Blalock because we can then shift rex over back to guard where he was drafted at. I donít have a huge problem with blalock there but kalil fits better overall.

60. Miami (via N.E- Wes Welker): Brian Leonard, FB (Rutgers)

As I stated before this isnít a good fit or a need really at all for the team with players like Ronnie brown, ricky Williams, travis minor we have many more other needs then picking up a HB

Staley would be a much better pick here giving us a LT prospect to take over as currently we donít have a LT with experience upon the roster.

I like blades as he is a legacy from UM (but couldnít get in sadly) but honestly Blades is a ILB prospect and not our primary need. We need a QB prospect to groom and with Stanton on the board it would be hard to say no to a talent like that.

1. Branch
2. Kalil
3. Staley
4. Stanton

That would be a perfect Miami draft with those 4.

Crabjuice
03-04-2007, 03:13 AM
What's wrong with getting Kalil in round 2 and then Craig Davis in round 2?

They don't need a center. They have Hietmann who played great last year and behind him they have David Baas and Tony Wragge who are capable of starting.

The 49ers will be needing the best WR they can get in the second round now that they've cut Antonio Bryant. Sidney Rice should be the pick there and then perhaps Antwan Barnes or Dan Bazuin in the third.

jth1331
03-04-2007, 03:40 AM
I like the Carriker pick in round 1 for the Broncos, however, rounds 2 and 3 not so much.
With the way the draft is going according to you, I'd prefer these guys in round 2:
Michael Bush - RB needs to be addressed draft or FA, and since no RB has been signed, Broncos need to go RB day 1 IMO. Bush would be a good addition and help the line.
Brandon Mebane - DT is a HUGE need for the Broncos, probably #1, over DE, they need someone to attack the middle, and Mebane I like from what I've heard about him
Tim Crowder - can never have too many solid DE's, like what I've heard from him, and even though the Broncos would be taking 2 DE's, it would be awesome forming a potential future line with the ends being Carriker and Crowder IMO
Brian Leonard - I just really like him and think he could do wonders to an offense who uses him correctly, which would be like Chris Cooley, but only giving him carries. I think he could run it effectively and catch the ball effectively, and create mismatches in the NFL
Round 3:
Hmm, I just found an error. You have Leonard going round 2 and round 3.
Anyways, Harris, I'm just kinda meh on, while I think instead of Barnes, Wendling or Johnson, safety is a need since Lynch and Ferguson are old and needs to be addressed day 1.
In fact, I'm seeing more repeats in round 3, like HB Blades getting picked twice within 4 picks I think, might want to look at it more in depth and change it up due to the repeats

Tubby
03-04-2007, 03:41 AM
OG and TE first day. No exceptions.

BrianGO
03-04-2007, 06:14 AM
They don't need a center. They have Hietmann who played great last year and behind him they have David Baas and Tony Wragge who are capable of starting.

The 49ers will be needing the best WR they can get in the second round now that they've cut Antonio Bryant. Sidney Rice should be the pick there and then perhaps Antwan Barnes or Dan Bazuin in the third.

Even if Hietmann was run over by a bulldozer we would not take a center.

With Lelie now, we should grab a WR later. In the second we need (badly) a 3-4 OLB. Woodley or Moses please.

21ST
03-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Branch is a much better fit for the skins D than adams is

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2007, 08:45 AM
You have a few guys being picked twice, including Brian Leonard. Might want to check back and fix those. You should also consider revising to the Eagles picks to Michael Griffin in the first round, Brian Leonard in the second round, and Anthony Waters in the third round.

scar988
03-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Atlanta Will Not Take A Lb In The First Day!!!

T-RICH49
03-04-2007, 09:39 AM
please give KC Mebane over Pitcock.

Crow
03-04-2007, 09:49 AM
1. Oakland: Jamarcus Russell, QB (LSU): With Garcia off to Tampa, the big armed QB looks to again be Al Davisí attempt to bring back a true vertical game to Oakland.
We're running more of a WCO this year.

33. Oakland: Ben Grubbs, G (Auburn)
We just drafted 2 guards last year.

65. Oakland: Joe Staley, T (Central Michigan)
Not entirely unlikely, but I would be somewhat surprised to see us take a tackle on Day 1 now that Sims has restructured and Gallery has been moved back to RT.

72. Minnesota: Aundrea Allison, WR (East Carolina)

73. Houston: Lorenzo Booker, RB (Florida State)

74. Buffalo: H.B Blades, LB (Pittsburgh)

jriles0522
03-04-2007, 09:59 AM
We have bigger needs than Griffin in Rd. 2. Give us Blalock instead, we're hurting for a RG as Coleman will probably be released and that leaves Isaac Sowells as the only guy to fill. Blalock's good value there and can give us some depth on the line at RT as well.

DeOssie is intriguing in Rd 3 however if a good CB or D-lineman falls i'd address that first.

BehrenMan007
03-04-2007, 10:07 AM
all picks are good except leonard.

draftguru151
03-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Your analysis of Anderson isn't very good. He is very good against the run. He is around 290 and a good fit in our defense if we didn't have Matt Roth. But we really don't have a place for him. I love how when DT is a need finsfan doesn't want Branch and when we resign Holliday and it isn't much of a need anymore he wants him now. Blalock is fine in the 2nd. RB is a need because neither Ricky or Minor are guaranteed to be on the roster next year but not in round 2. MLB is a need and Blades is an ok pick in the third.

Chucky
03-04-2007, 10:46 AM
THE BUCS HAVE THE THIRD PICK OF THE SECOND ROUND, but i would keep the griffen pick.

morknolle
03-04-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm not liking this Texans draft. I don't like Levi Brown in the 1st round and they won't pick him, I've explained in many other mock threads so I won't go into detail on that pick again. Gonzalez would be an ok option in the 2nd but there are other people that would be higher priorities there. Ryan Kalil or even Victor Abiamiri or Josh Beekman would be much better choices. Booker would be ok in the 3rd round, I'm not real fond of the pick but it wouldn't be all that bad.

ks_perfection
03-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Are you sure this is post FA? Cause the Bucs got 2 other QBs in FA, there not picking another one.

Beans
03-04-2007, 02:46 PM
We just got two FA qb's, so a third makes lots of sense.

The rest is okay. Not so big on Crowder.

morknolle
03-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Are you sure this is post FA? Cause the Bucs got 2 other QBs in FA, there not picking another one.

Not to speak for the author of this mock, but rumor has it Plummer isn't going to stick around to play for you guys, you'd either trade him elsewhere or he'd retire. As for Garcia, he is solid for now but he's 37 years old, so I could see you guys keeping him to duke it out with Simms for the current starting spot and using a 3rd-4th round pick on a QB to groom as your future starter.

indyfan1985
03-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Great picks for Indy. I love the pick of Earl Everett in the 3rd.

hugegmenfan
03-04-2007, 03:07 PM
its a pretty good giants draft- addressed all the right positions im just not sure how i feel about the players