PDA

View Full Version : So Aaron Maybin...

gpngc
12-30-2008, 10:26 PM
What are we thinking? Can he play OLB in a 3-4? DE in a 4-3?

Where does he rank against the other DEs? Is it possible he goes top 5? 10?

Discuss.

Xiomera
12-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I thought he was staying in school . . . He'd probably excel as a 3-4 DE.

captainjack27
12-30-2008, 10:29 PM

God I hope he stays. And yea for sure 3-4 is his best bet.

Scott Wright
12-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Yea, he'd be right up there with Everette Brown (and maybe Orakpo) as the top 3-4 OLB prospect in this draft. Definitely a first rounder if he comes out.

thebow305
12-30-2008, 11:26 PM

I'm guessing you meant OLB. Because he would get eaten alive as a DE in a 3-4.

I'm really hoping he comes out and pushed more great OLB prospects to the Dolphins, wherever we will be picking. I also wouldn't mind him slipping to us. ;)

McSealson1
12-30-2008, 11:27 PM
I've watched him every game and to be honest, he guy is an absolute freak. He has phenomenal pass rush technique to go with his physical ability. It will be interesting to see how he does dropping into coverage in workouts, I don't see why he can't be a first rounder. I just find it funny that he's panned out more than mr pothead maurice evans

captainjack27
12-31-2008, 12:08 AM
I've watched him every game and to be honest, he guy is an absolute freak. He has phenomenal pass rush technique to go with his physical ability. It will be interesting to see how he does dropping into coverage in workouts, I don't see why he can't be a first rounder. I just find it funny that he's panned out more than mr pothead maurice evans

Hopefully pothead straightens his **** out and gets back to form. Imagine if Maybin came back and Evans gets back to form....him with karoma and Odrick= one of the best Dline in awhile.

SMoore
12-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Hopefully pothead straightens his **** out and gets back to form. Imagine if Maybin came back and Evans gets back to form....him with karoma and Odrick= one of the best Dline in awhile.

Assuming Odrick comes back that is. I definitely expect him to come back but he has the talent to leave now and with a big bowl game you never know.

MNRunLeft
12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
He's submitted his name to the NFL advisory panel and has been avoiding the question about his plans for next year while at the Rose Bowl. Maybe we'll just have to wait and see but if the board gives him a first round grade you'd have to think he's coming out right?

captainjack27
12-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Assuming Odrick comes back that is. I definitely expect him to come back but he has the talent to leave now and with a big bowl game you never know.

Don't you say that dammit lol. But if Odrick has a good game at USC, he may bounce too.

Babylon
01-03-2009, 12:10 PM
I thought he looked a little undeveloped physically in the Rose Bowl. Had one real nice play on Sanchez (negated by a flag) but sort of dissappeared after that. He really needs another year and he'll be a top tier pick in 2010.

Scott Wright
01-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Personally, I don't think Maybin is ready physically.

Babylon
01-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Personally, I don't think Maybin is ready physically.

Couldnt have said it better myself:)

bearsfan_51
01-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Even Brent Musberger knowns that Maybin isn't ready, and I doubt he has the ability to match his socks anymore.

Babylon
01-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Even Brent Musberger knowns that Maybin isn't ready, and I doubt he has the ability to match his socks anymore.

You mean he took time to talk about someone besides a Trojan? Had Coldplay going while the mute button was getting heavy use for that game.

Scott Wright
01-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I know *some* think Maybin is a Top 10 pick but he is a late first / early second for me. I would definitely take Everette Brown ahead of him.

JaxJag_1
01-03-2009, 12:30 PM
He should stay in school, 3-4 OLB when he comes out

regoob2
01-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I know *some* think Maybin is a Top 10 pick but he is a late first / early second for me. I would definitely take Everette Brown ahead of him.I dont think Maybin has the bulk to be a tampa 2 DE. I think he's a rush LB only. Brown I can see as a tampa 2 DE.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I think Maybin has Jason Taylor type potential but right now he is just not strong enough and too dependent on the speed rush. I think if he goes back another year, adds some bulk without losing speed, he's a potential top 5 pick next year. This year though I think he'd be on the same level as guys like Michael Johnson and George Selvie if he declares.

JaxJag_1
01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Everette Brown is a 4-3 DE in my eyes

underscore
01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
I think Maybin has Jason Taylor type potential but right now he is just not strong enough and too dependent on the speed rush.

Taylor was also had a year of OLB experience, which Maybin obviously doesn't have. I think he's a big high risk/high reward at this point.

Babylon
01-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I think Maybin has Jason Taylor type potential but right now he is just not strong enough and too dependent on the speed rush. I think if he goes back another year, adds some bulk without losing speed, he's a potential top 5 pick next year. This year though I think he'd be on the same level as guys like Michael Johnson and George Selvie if he declares.

Totally agree. the thing i like about the NFL as opposed to the NBA draft is guys tend to not come out till the're ready. In the hoops world someone like Maybin would be drafted based on what he could do 3 years from now.