PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself!

djp
12-31-2008, 12:43 AM
I've noticed a small influx of Vikings fans recently, so why don't we go ahead and post a little about ourselves? Veterans and rookies post. I will +rep you asap if you post here.

Location : Duluth, Minnesota until May, then back to Minneapolis again (grew up in Crystal, Minnesota)

All-Time Favorite Viking : Randall McDaniel or John Randle

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : I've been to probably 40 Viking games.. my dad bought season tickets the year before the Dome opened and he's been going ever since... Section 138 if you ever go.. let me know

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Any win against the Packers... specifically 1998 @ Lambeau when they were invincible at home and Moss dominated...

What got you into the Vikings : My family. And they're the hometown team.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : DE Erasmus James - I saw him maul in person and immediately wanted him to don the purple. :(

General Zod
12-31-2008, 01:41 AM

All-Time Favorite Viking : John Randle, his trash talkin on the field is classic.

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : 2, 3 years ago when they got smoked by Cincy, and 4 years ago on monday night when they lost to the colts by a fg with 3 seconds left.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Vikings/Packers when Moss mooned(or motioned) the crowd.

What got you into the Vikings : I met Warren Moon when he was playing for the Vikes, got an autograph. Super friendly guy.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : RB Micheal Bennett, maybe he didnt suck totally, had a couple decent years for us. Living in big 10 counrty seen him play a lot vs IU, Purdue, etc. Loved his speed and vision, thought he'd be great with the Vikes.

And yes, I liked the Williamson pick at the time. And I thought Tice completly used him wrong route-wise. But he sucked, and I wont comment anymore about that. :-)

SMoore
12-31-2008, 01:58 AM

All Time Favorite Viking: Chris Carter/Daunte Culpepper (He was drafted right when i was getting really in to football)

Have you ever been to a Vikings game?: No, the trip is pretty long and I don't remember them coming to Philly or Pittsburgh but I haven't ever had the means to go anyway.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : The Moss mooning I loved it and I hated how Berman made it seem like it was a crime against humanity

What got you into the Vikings : It's a family deal

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Dustin Fox. White guy playing corner ya gotta root for him

russie
12-31-2008, 06:11 AM

All-Time Favorite Viking : John Randle, quickly becoming kevin williams(i like the fatties)

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : Being 7 hours away, it's kinda hard to get to many games, but i have been to a few...

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Moss's mooning. nothing like giving it back to the pack

What got you into the Vikings : My father. He's been a vikes fan since the inception, so it just followed suit

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Daunte Culpepper. He had the size and strength to be good, and for a while it looked like it would come true, but then moss got traded, and we saw his real talent level

vikes_28
12-31-2008, 12:53 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Fran Tarkenton
Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : Yes. This year actually. Saw the Vikes beat the Packers by one point. It was my first game.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : When Moss mooned the Pack

What got you into the Vikings : My dad who lived in Bloomington

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Troy Williamson. I was excited to see his blazing speed. And then I quickly found out that he couldn't hold on to the ball. :(

The Dynasty
12-31-2008, 01:18 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Cris Carter, Always been a Fan of the Wide Receiving position and when i started liking the vikings he was the main WR.

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : I think ive been too around 4 or 5 games. 2 Regular Season and 3 Preseason. 4 of them were in Buffalo but one Summer I made it out to see the Vikings in the Metrodome for a preseason game against the Chargers, I had tickets right near the Tunnel so i got to see all the players come out, I almost caught gloves from a player but they were thrown to short. This was the season after Moss got traded so Culpepper was still there.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Probably last year, When Adrian broke the record for most yards in a game. It was just fun to see it and knowing how special he could become.

What got you into the Vikings : When I was little my aunt would watch my brother and cousin and I. We would play Tecmo Superbowl on the NES and They were always the Buffalo Bills and San Francisco 49ers, So my cousin told me to be the Minnesota Vikings because they were a good team and Ive liked them ever since.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : I would have to say Troy Williamson, Just after trading moss. I wanted a guy who could replace him and then i saw Troy's speed it made me want the vikings to draft him, But I also wanted to trade up for Braylon Edwards. I was happy we drafted him in 2005 but now Im wishing we didnt, atleast we get a 6th for him haha.

the_legend_killer
12-31-2008, 01:38 PM

Location : Oshkosh, Wisconsin (In the middle of Packer Country, yep)

All-Time Favorite Viking : Chris Walsh, Randy Moss or John Randle

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : Two, I went to the Vikings/Panthers game where Brad Johnson threw the TD pass to himself and a preseason game in 2005.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : I liked the playoff game at Lambeau in 2005.

What got you into the Vikings : My dad, he's been a Viking fan as long as I can remember and had more influence on me than my mom (A Packer fan).

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Michael Bennett (Sans the one year), I still have my Michael Bennett jersey.

General Zod
12-31-2008, 01:39 PM
I've noticed a small influx of Vikings fans recently, so why don't we go ahead and post a little about ourselves? Veterans and rookies post. I will +rep you asap if you post here.

Location : Duluth, Minnesota until May, then back to Minneapolis again (grew up in Crystal, Minnesota)

All-Time Favorite Viking : Randall McDaniel or John Randle

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : I've been to probably 40 Viking games.. my dad bought season tickets the year before the Dome opened and he's been going ever since... Section 138 if you ever go.. let me know

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Any win against the Packers... specifically 1998 @ Lambeau when they were invincible at home and Moss dominated...

What got you into the Vikings : My family. And they're the hometown team.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : DE Erasmus James - I saw him maul in person and immediately wanted him to don the purple. :(

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I have a question.

How do I get my reputation up? Ive been around these boards for a long time, I just dont post as much as others. I dont post on any off topics forums.

The Dynasty
12-31-2008, 02:36 PM

How do I get my reputation up? Ive been around these boards for a long time, I just dont post as much as others. I dont post on any off topics forums.

Well Rep is just people giving it too you. I mean most of my rep is coming from Signature Making that I have done for people. Most people use rep for a good post or something funny.

giver17
12-31-2008, 03:18 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Cris Carter or John Randle

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : around 5 or 6 games.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Any win against the Packers. I was at one probably 6 years ago when Bennett ripped off like a 85 yarder or something against them, and that was bad ass.

What got you into the Vikings : Grew up in WI, but on the boarder, and while everyone was cheering for the Pack, I was the sole guy rocking the Purple People Eaters.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Either E. James or Bennett

marshallb
12-31-2008, 04:55 PM

Location: SE Minnesota right along the Wisconsin border and about an hour north of the Iowa border.

All-time favorite Viking: Randy Moss

Have you ever been to a Vikings game?: no, I don't have the means to and my dad is too cheap to buy tickets.

Favorite Vikings game: Moss mooning the Pack.

What got you into the Vikings?: My dad is a big Vikings fan, and I watched all the games with him when I was young, and it just grew from there.

Favorite draft pick who ended up sucking: Either Erasmus James or Troy Williamson. I thought James would be a stud, and I really liked Williamson's potential. Injuries were part of what derailed James's career, and Williamson just didn't have the hands, I don't know if it was concentration, small hands, or what, he just couldn't catch.

Also Dynasty, would you mind making me a sig? Preferably one of Pat and Kevin with "The Williams Wall" wrote on it. Here is the picture I would like:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0ch83CQbRm7m3/610x.jpg
Also ZOD, I got most of my rep from doing mock drafts.

fondoffilm
12-31-2008, 08:21 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Randy. Although 69 is growing on me.

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : I haven't even been to the state. But hopefully next season I'll get to one.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : The game at Soldier Field last season, when AD broke out 224 yards and three scores, at the time a franchise record. I just loved how he took it to the Bears!

What got you into the Vikings : Randall Gene Moss.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Michael Bennett. I met him when he came down for the NBA All-Star Game. Real standup guy, helluva nice guy.

The_Dude
12-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Also Dynasty, would you mind making me a sig? Preferably one of Pat and Kevin with "The Williams Wall" wrote on it. Here is the picture I would like:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0ch83CQbRm7m3/610x.jpg
Also ZOD, I got most of my rep from doing mock drafts.

I was watching Vikings Weekly sometime last year and they had a segment on how Pat & Kevin didn't like the nickname "The Williams Wall". They had some sort of fan contest to come up with a new name. The winner was the "William Wrecking Crew". The guys gave the winner an autographed jersey & they said that they really liked the name since they are big WWE fans.

Not really saying anything, i just think about it everytime i hear someone call them the "Williams Wall".

The_Dude
12-31-2008, 11:10 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking(s): Randle McDaniel, Joey Browner, John Randle, Antoine Winfield, Jared Allen (yes, he has already endeared himself to me as one of my favorites)

Been to Vikings Games?: Yes, plenty. My father-in-law has season tickets (sec 131, row 5, seats at the end of the row) ~ i get to go to at least 1 game a year, but i have been able to get to 2 or more each year for the last 2-3 years.

Favorite Vikes Game: 1998 (?) Monday Night game in the rain at Lambeau. Cunningham, Carter, Reed, & Moss tore up the GB defense. I was living in Madison at the time & lived with very upset Packer Backers.... one of them threw a shoe at the tv... priceless!

What got you into the Vikings: Birth!

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended Up Sucking: None... but man, that 2005 Draft was Fantastic!!!!

yo123
01-01-2009, 04:48 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Cris Carter/John Randle

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : Hmmmm...I'd have to estimate but I'd say it's around 5.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : 2005 Playoff game at Lambeau

What got you into the Vikings : Hometown team.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Onterrio Smith. He was so talented, too bad he was such a moron.

Crazy_Chris
01-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Eh well as you all can see my name is Chris, I am 21, and I currently live in Locust Grove Virginia. My all-time favorite Viking player would have to be the great Alan Page. Unfortunately I was not alive to be able to watch him play but after watching John Randle and seeing how dominating he was I can only imagine what kind of nightmare Alan Page was for opposing offenses. Also Adrian Peterson is quickly moving up the ranks of the all-time favorite Vikings.

I actually have never been fortunate enough to go to a vikings game yet but I will one day. I don't think I can narrow it down to 1 favorite vikings game but the three games would be the playoff game @ lambeau in 2004 and Adrian Peterson's 200+ yard game against the bears in Chicago, and of course Adrian Peterson's record breaking performance against the Chargers.

What got me into the Vikings is just the fact I am from Minnesota. My favorite draftpick that ended up sucking would probably be Micheal Bennet he had a good start and got me excited for his potential. However we all know how the story ends with him.

jimmylishis
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Fran Tarkenton

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : Ive been to one but it was so long ago i barely remember it

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Definately the Randy Moss mass mooning at lambeau

What got you into the Vikings : I'm from Minnesota

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Troy Williamson. It was the first draft that i started following too.

General Zod
01-03-2009, 12:08 AM

on a side note, thanks to all for the rep I got from this post lol :-)

bearsfan_51
01-03-2009, 01:14 AM
I posted on the wrong forum!

The_Dude
01-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I guess that you have nothing better to do than troll the MN Boards since the Bears' are no longer playing???

bearsfan_51
01-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I guess that you have nothing better to do than troll the MN Boards since the Bears' are no longer playing???

How am I trolling? I just wanted to introduce myself. Get the stick out yo ass.

wingboy2999
01-03-2009, 08:19 PM

Helloooooooooooooooooo there.

Xiomera
01-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi, I'm Xiomera, and I am a Lions fan.

wingboy2999
01-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi, I'm Xiomera, and I am a Lions fan.

Hello there Xio.

What is this.... an AA meeting?

Vikes99ej
01-03-2009, 08:27 PM

Location: grew up in Willmar, MN, but go to school in Mankato

All-Time Favorite Viking: Kevin Williams

Have you ever been to a Vikings game: No, but my first is tomorrow :)

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time: last year's game against the Giants

What got you into the Vikings: My dad.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain): Troy Williamson. I thought he was going to be a stud. I wanted so badly for him to do well in his rookie year.

wingboy2999
01-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Location: grew up in Willmar, MN, but go to school in Mankato

Do you know Juno?

djp
01-03-2009, 10:44 PM
If you're not a Vikings fan, please don't post here. Sorry folks. ESPECIALLY if you have nothing to add to the conversation.

Dr. Gonzo
01-03-2009, 10:47 PM
If you're not a Vikings fan, please don't post here. Sorry folks. ESPECIALLY if you have nothing to add to the conversation.

When have certain Lion fans who post on here ever added anything to the conversation? :)

The_Dude
01-04-2009, 12:58 PM

There is no stick in my ass.... just wondering why you are acting like an ass (whether its the smart or dumb kind) in a thread that you have no business contributing to.

That's all.

pete_norm
01-05-2009, 08:52 AM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Before Chris Carter, now AD and Jared Allen

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : I've been planning to spend 1000$ for plane, tickets and hotel for a while. For some reason, my wife is not so hot about the idea :) So Maybe next year...

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : AD's record game against the Chargers last year.

Worst Vikings moment : A certain missed field goal by Gary Anderson in 98...

What got you into the Vikings : In 93, when Warren Moon was traded to Minnessota. He was my favorite player at the time and i switched team to follow him. I've been rooting for the Vikings since then.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : I don't follow college football that much. So every year, i just hope that people that know more than me about it make the good choices.

hagy34
01-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Hey Everyone. I'm a fairly new poster. I'm 21 years old and a huge Viking fan and season ticket holder. I live in the Twin Cities area and try to get to at least 6 games each season.

Who Got Me Started: My Buddies. I was a Cowboy when I was really young.
Favorite Players: Adrian Peterson & Jared Allen
Favorite All Time Player: Cris Carter & Jimmy Hitchcock
Least Favorite Player: Gary Anderson
Most Memorable Game I've Been to: 2007 vs. San Diego, Adrian Sets the Rushing Record.
Favorite Pick That Ended Up Sucking: Don't Really Have One, Although I wanted Mike Williams in '05 and look how that worked out.
Least Favorite Pick That Actually Worked Out: Kevin Williams, I wanted Suggs badly and was so confused when we "missed" our pick.

MNRunLeft
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
City: Shakopee
Fav Viking: Randy Moss
Fav Games: Moss going for 163 and 3 TD's against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving or AD breaking the rushing record vs SD.
Fav Draft Pick that suck: Both 2005 first round picks. I thought we had our deep threat in Williamson and our pass rusher in James... guess not.

BlueBandit24
02-02-2009, 12:28 PM

All-Time Favorite Vikings: John Randle, Adrian Peterson, and Jared Allen

How I got into Vikings: Hometown team

Favorite Vikings game of all-time: When Moss tore up the Cowboys on Thanksgiving

Favorite Draft Pick who ended up sucking: Another vote for Erasmus. Thought he was a Top-5 talent who only slipped because of durability concerns. They turned out to be warranted.

mittyvike
02-04-2009, 12:28 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Chris Carter

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? never :(
Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Any game we beat the packers

Worst Vikings moment : When the vikings missed the playoffs in 1998

What got you into the Vikings : my father

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Troy Williamson. supposed to take over for randy moss. he sucked

msealy2
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM

All-time favorite Vikings: John Randle, Randall McDaniel, and Korey Stringer

Been to games?: I've been to two, Jaguars and Ravens

How I got into the Vikings: Hometown team and they're my dad's favorite team so I started following them also.

Favorite game: When AD broke the rushing record or the MNF game against Green Bay in 1998

Favorite draft pick who ended up sucking: Michael Bennett, great guy and he had one good year and that was it.

Pacific
02-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Favorite game: When AD broke the rushing record or the MNF game against Green Bay in 1998

I apologize if this is trolling but seriously, wtf?

The_Dude
02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing

msealy2
02-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I apologize if this is trolling but seriously, wtf?

What? My favorite game would either be when AD broke the single game rushing record against San Diego last year or the 1998 Monday Night Football game against Green Bay when Cunningham threw for 400+. I don't get the problem.

The_Dude
02-08-2009, 02:08 PM
We both missed the "or" in your sentence

Pacific
02-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah sorry, I actually read it as "on". My bad.

vikes_28
03-05-2009, 08:37 AM
does anyone even post in this thread anymore?

djp
03-05-2009, 02:24 PM
does anyone even post in this thread anymore?

Not a lot of new Viking fans recently. They will once the draft rolls around a little closer.

bored of education
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi guys im boezo I loves jared allens

Vikes99ej
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM

i likez him two, we shuld mait :)

vikes_28
03-16-2009, 08:42 AM

Hello boe. I have missed you.

FlyingElvis
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Are "Vikings are my second favorite team" fans ok?

33, born & raised in RI (it's a state on the east coast ;))

Favorite Player: Joey Browner - should be in the HOF

Never been to a Vikes game. Never even been to the state. Not really sure how or why I decided I even liked the Vikings, to be honest. Growing up as a Pats fan you pretty much had to have a second favorite if you wanted to have a dog in the fight in post-season play, I guess. Not quite sure how that became the Vikings for me . . . must be a masochist.

Favorite game has got to be Randy's mimed mooning at Lambeau.

I'm really hoping to see Minnesota get over the hump this year. The Chilly & Sage combo doesn't really thrill me very much, though.

Kid_Ego
04-09-2009, 05:03 PM

All-time favorite Vikings: John Randle, Randall McDaniel, Joey Browner Scott Studwell

Been to games?: nope but i have met John Randle

How I got into the Vikings: When i was in 3rd grade I turned on the TV and saw this little guy running all over the place chucking the ball around. I just thought that little guy better run. Been a fan every since

Favorite game: When AD broke the rushing record or the MNF game against Green Bay in 1998 When the Vikings drafted Randy Moss I turned at my buddy and said Now we have Rice and Carter. He said No way this guy will be even close to Jerry Rice.

Favorite draft pick who ended up sucking: My worst draft moment was when Dennis Green Passed on Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks for Korey Stringer and Derrick Alexander. I couldnt believe it I was in shock.

B-rand
05-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Newbie here (to this forum that is) Came over from KFAN's Rube Chat cuz there were too many Packer fans trolls and hardly any relevant football talk anymore.

Current age: 23

Interesting tidbit: I went through a spurt where my favorite Viking was Michael Bennett.

Quick question: I searched the FAQ's but did not find an answer, can sig's have pictures on this forum? Or just text?

FlyingElvis
05-05-2009, 11:18 AM
6. Do not allow your sig to grow excessively in size. A single 500x125 image should be plenty of room.
a) Signatures will also be limited to ten LINES of additional text (excluding the image). A quote will equal one line of text (not including the text inside).
b) You may only use ONE image tag in your signature.

Welcome to the fun!

EDIT: Forgot to link/mention where that is located - it's in the "Welcome, Rules, Getting Started (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)." thread on the main page.

B-rand
05-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks, guess I just hadn't enabled all of the viewing options before posting that question. Good to go now!

JFLO
05-18-2009, 07:31 AM

All-Time Favorite Viking : Alan Page

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? one, but it will be two once they visit Cleveland Week 1 this season. I've lived in Ohio my entire life and have never been to Minnesota. I just saw them play Cincinnati about 3 or 4 years ago.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Can't think of one, but I would say the playoff victory over the Packers a couple years back.

What got you into the Vikings : No clue, my family are all Bengals and Browns fans
Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Troy Williamson...should have seen it coming but he had some speed and I thought he would be the perfect replacement for Randy Moss.

The Dynasty
05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Have you ever been to a Vikings game? one, but it will be two once they visit Cleveland Week 1 this season. I've lived in Ohio my entire life and have never been to Minnesota. I just saw them play Cincinnati about 3 or 4 years ago.

I am also looking to go to that game this year. I only live 3 hours from Cleveland so It would be worth the trip to see Adrian. I saw them in 2006 against the Buffalo Bills.

prock
01-25-2010, 03:35 PM

Favorite Vikings: Randy Moss, Chris Walsh, LeRoy Horde. Sidney is gonna be up there in a year or two.

Location: From St. Cloud, but go to school at Gustavus Adolphus College.

Have been to two Vikings games, my last one was in 2001 I believe.

My favorite Vikings victory is any one over the Packers. Literally, any single one.

What got me into the Vikings: The first year I ever followed football was the 98 season. Randy was a rookie, and I feel in love with him. I was like 8 at the time, and I watched every second of every game, and memorized stats. That magical, yet tragic season got me into the Vikes.

Favorite draft pick that sucked: Troy Williamson. He makes me sad...

frubulubu
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Im an Eagle fan, but root for the Vikes, when they dont play the Eagles.

All-Time Favorite Viking : Cris Carter, (former Eagle)
Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? 1, when they came to Detroit this year.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : When they beat the Cowboys in playoffs this year.

What got you into the Vikings : My cousin is a life long fan.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : John David Booty, wouldve been fun seeing somebody named booty on tv

VCU4LIFEGOVIKS
10-11-2010, 02:17 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : John Randle, Warren Moon, Jim Marshall, Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Pat Williams

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? Yes, 22 games.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Vikings vs Bears in 1994 at the Dome. Vikings won in OT on a 65 yard TD pass from Warren Moon to Cris Carter. Probably the greatest game in any sport that I have ever attended.

What got you into the Vikings : My uncle. We would go visit him in Minnesota every year when I was kid. While we were there he would always take me to Vikings games.

djp
10-11-2010, 04:17 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : John Randle, Warren Moon, Jim Marshall, Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Pat Williams

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? Yes, 22 games.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Vikings vs Bears in 1994 at the Dome. Vikings won in OT on a 65 yard TD pass from Warren Moon to Cris Carter. Probably the greatest game in any sport that I have ever attended.

What got you into the Vikings : My uncle. We would go visit him in Minnesota every year when I was kid. While we were there he would always take me to Vikings games.

Welcome! Look forward to hearing from you. As for the Carter/Moon game, here's a little present for you.

PNQHGAWV4Vw

VCU4LIFEGOVIKS
10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome! Look forward to hearing from you. As for the Carter/Moon game, here's a little present for you.

PNQHGAWV4Vw

Great find. Watching that play again just gave me goose bumps. Thanks buddy.:-D

MNtoWA Guy
12-04-2010, 12:40 PM

Favorite Vikings: Currently...Jared Allen, Jimmy Kleinsasser, Antoine Winfield, and Chad Greenway

Location: Originally from Duluth. Now I live in West Richland, WA

My favorite Vikings victories were the 2 victories over the Packers last year. A close call would have been the San Fran game last year. It was nice to see the Vikings pull-off the type of play that in the past was normally executed against them.

What got me into the Vikings: I too began following the Vikings really closely beginning with the 98 season.

Favorite draft pick that sucked: Tough to beat the entire 2005 draft class as a whole (Williamson, Erasmus James, Marcus Johnson, Dustin Fox, Ciatrick Fason, C.J. Mosley, and Adrian Ward), but I still think Demetrius Underwood has to rank as one of the worst NFL draft picks ever regardless of team.

vikes_28
12-17-2010, 12:52 AM

PNQHGAWV4Vw

*sigh* I miss the good old days.

VikingsFan
02-09-2011, 06:30 PM

All-Time Favorite Viking : John Randle, Randy Moss, Jim Marshall

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? No, alas. Living in FL and DC has made getting up to see a game very difficult. :/

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Being young, I'll have to say the '05 Wild Card victory against the Packers.

What got you into the Vikings : My father. Despite living in Tampa nearly all my life, he imparted his love of the Vikings onto me at a young age and I've been hooked since.

prock
02-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome! We look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Imrighturwrong
02-09-2011, 09:48 PM

Location : Fargo,ND and Rosemount,MN (I attend college in Fargo, home is in Rosemount)

All-Time Favorite Viking : Robert Smith
Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : Yes, 9 (5-0 in the regular season, 2-1 in the pre season and 1-0 in the postseason. Only loss was a pre season at dallas in 08).
Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : This is tough there are a lot I enjoyed. I'll have to go with either the 2009 playoff game Vs Dallas(got tix for my bday) or the 98 drubbing of the redskins, which was my first vikings game.

What got you into the Vikings : My uncle is a huge fan and was one of my role models growing up. and Robert Smith used to visit me when I spent 3 months in the hospital after heart surgery when I was 5.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Dmitrius Underwood, because I find the whole ordeal with him humorous.

Papa2729
01-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I still have my foam Vikings Brick that were common in Mn households during the Wade Wilson era. The brick was thrown at my TV a lot this season. :)

VikesWookie
01-07-2012, 10:34 AM

Locale: Chanhassen

All-Time Fav Vikings: Anthony Carter, John Randle

Fav Viking Game: a) '87 Divisional Game vs. 49ers- Prior to this game the niners were my fav team. AC and our O outduelled Rice and Taylor. :)
b) it was in either '96 or '97 when we played at NYG and came back late in the 4th. Multiple scores in a couple of minutes. One of the coolest comebacks I've still ever seen...

What got me into the Vikes: My uncle was a huge niners fan and brought me to several games when I was a young kid. At the ripe age of 11 I bandwagoned tomy homestate team after the '87 playoff game where we finally beat the niners in a clutch/pressure game.

Draft pick that I thought would turn out well, but didn't: How about Kenechi Udeze? He was a stud coming out of USC (18 or 19 sacks in senior yr). He never quite lived upto that. Good at run D, just never became a presence off the edge.
The Daunte pick confused me as well. Picking Kearse may have given us the edge in '99, '00 and beyond...
I was one of the few ppl who didn't like the AP pick. He's currently one of my top 3 fav vikings now, but I wanted Pat Willis at the time. We'll see how time fares on their careers...

Taber21
02-27-2012, 06:57 PM

Locale: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

All-Time Favorite Viking: Randy Moss

Never been to a game, plan on going once i finish school.

Favorite Vikings Game: 1998 Thanksgiving Day vs. Cowboys.

What got me into the Vikes: I saw Moss play on TV when he was @ Marshall and decided I wanted to follow him in the pros. Became a lifelong Vikings from draft day on.

Favorite Pick that ended up being a bust: Only been following the draft for the past 6-7 years, but I was pretty high on their pick of Marcus McCauley a few years back, liked his size and athleticism for a 3rd round CB. Also have to mention the Williamson pick, for obvious reasons.

Been around the forums a fair bit the last few months and never really posted anything but thought I'd just make it known there is another Vikes fan out here.

SterlingArcher
03-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Age 28

Locale: Outside DC

All Time Favorite Viking : Henderson, Winfield, and Cris Carter

Favorite Game : Gotta go with the playoff win against the Packers back in 2005?

Been to a game : I have been to a few. I try to make it out whenever the play Washington. Im planning on going to a game in Minnesota this upcoming season.

What got me to root for the good guys: Cris Carter, enough said.

Favorite Draft Pick that Busted : I was a MASSIVE Troy Williamson guy. I had him being a bigger, faster Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinco.