View Full Version : Abilene Christian DII Scouting Report

jessekopplin77
01-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Anthony "Bernard" Scott
5'10" 197 lbs
Running Back
Draft Prediction: 5th-7th/FA

Strengths
Two straight seasons of putting up huge numbers. Senior year put up 2210 yds, 8.1 yd avg per carry, and 28 rushing TDs. His receiving skills are probably what surprised me the most. He had 47 Receptions for 826 yds, and 6 receiving TDs. He is a great small school back, and probably one of the best coming up in the past several years. Has great vision, and is great at running in between tackles. He has adequate speed, and versatility. He makes many defenders miss. Could be a great 2nd-3rd Running Back on a team, and a great Return Man. Reminds me a lot of a slower and less gifted Chris Johnson.

Weaknesses
He only weights around 200 lbs, and needs to add extra bulk. The big question is if he does bulk up, if he will maintain his speed. Does not have the strength or size to run between tackles at NFL level. They say his average 40 time is around a 4.5. Needs to make sure to maintain his speed if he bulks up. Only played at DII competition, and might not have what it takes to play at NFL level. Is known to be a horrible pass blocker, and won't help him out as being a future back. A big negative is his age, he has played for 4 different colleges. I have not been able to find his age, but expecting he is around 24 years old. Has questions about his maturity and attitude, has had a rough past and got into many fights.

Johnny Knox
5'11 183 lbs
Wide Receiver
Draft Prediction: 4th-6th

Strengths
Has been a productive Wide Receiver through out his career. Capped off his senior year with 56 Receptions for 1069 yds, and 13 TDs. Is very fast, and elusive after the catch, and gaining yards after the catch. His 40 time is recorded somewhere in the middle 4.4, and he is able to to release quickly off the line, and create seperation. Could be a good Return Man. Reminds me a lot of a less talented and hyped up DeSean Jackson.

Weaknesses
Does not have the great size you look for in a Wide Receiver. He is only 5'11", and will not beat many NFL corners on the jump ball. Along with all other DII players, you question if he can handle the NFL talent level. Not quite sure, how he will play with talented Corner Backs defending him.

Billy Malone
6'2 236 lbs
Quarterback
Draft Prediction: HOT FA PICK UP

Strengths
One of the all time greatest DII Quaterbacks to ever play. Holds school and conference record for most passing yards ever in a career. Basically has been a 4 year starter, and has had a great TD/Int ratio. Senior year threw for 3213 yds, 62.5% accuraccy, 36 TDs and only 8 Ints. Has shown great maturity, leadership, and perform successful all 4 years. Has a decent height, and good frame to him. Has the arm strength and accuracy to throw at the NFL level.

Weaknesses
His 40 time is around 5 seconds flat, and he is not very mobile going away from pursuit and pressure. Played in DII and is not use to top notch quality defenders. Has a lot to improve on his mechanics and footwork. Will take a few years to develop into a fine back up Quarterback. Another negative is that he is 25 years old.

ThePudge
01-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Not too bad, I do have a gripe with your report on Bernard Scott though. There is no mention of his immaturity and character issues, which remains one of his greatest flaws.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/sports/ncaafootball/29scott.html?_r=1&ref=sports

foozball
01-01-2009, 03:11 AM
scott is 5'11 220 according to nfldraftcountdown...thats a huge difference...

jessekopplin77
01-01-2009, 01:43 PM
scott is 5'11 220 according to nfldraftcountdown...thats a huge difference...

http://www.acusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=40870&SPID=3615&DB_OEM_ID=8900&ATCLID=1590110&Q_SEASON=2008

That is the college site and it list him at 5'11" 200 lbs. I'm not quite sure how Scott Wright got 220 lbs. I've also watched tape on Bernard Scott, and there is no way he weighs over 200 lbs.

jessekopplin77
01-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Not too bad, I do have a gripe with your report on Bernard Scott though. There is no mention of his immaturity and character issues, which remains one of his greatest flaws.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/sports/ncaafootball/29scott.html?_r=1&ref=sports

Hey, thanks. I put that into his weaknesses parts, I just read up on that.

Scott Wright
01-01-2009, 01:52 PM
http://www.acusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=40870&SPID=3615&DB_OEM_ID=8900&ATCLID=1590110&Q_SEASON=2008

That is the college site and it list him at 5'11" 200 lbs. I'm not quite sure how Scott Wright got 220 lbs. I've also watched tape on Bernard Scott, and there is no way he weighs over 200 lbs.

All of the heights and weights on the site right now were taken directly from the school's official site's just before the start of the 2008 season.

In Scott's case they either corrected a typo or he lost a ton of weight.

With that said he looks bigger than 200 lbs. to me. Maybe not 220 but still...

jessekopplin77
01-01-2009, 02:13 PM
All of the heights and weights on the site right now were taken directly from the school's official site's just before the start of the 2008 season.

In Scott's case they either corrected a typo or he lost a ton of weight.

With that said he looks bigger than 200 lbs. to me. Maybe not 220 but still...

Why isn't this Scott Wright............does he come on here then or no..........who are you? I've watched the tape, and if you think Bernard Scott looks like he weighs well over 200 lbs, you might be crazy? Do you honestly think Bernard Scott lost 20 lbs, losing 20 lbs would hurt his NFL draft stock so much! Bernard Scott has a very similiar build to Chris Johnson, also basically the same exact size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw1W_C1LdPQ

Here is the video of one of Abilene Christians games, and Bernard Scott will be at Running Back (Purple and White team), if you think he weighs around 220 or even over well over 200 lbs, then there is something wrong with you.

ThePudge
01-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Why isn't this Scott Wright............does he come on here then or no..........who are you? I've watched the tape, and if you think Bernard Scott looks like he weighs well over 200 lbs, you might be crazy? Do you honestly think Bernard Scott lost 20 lbs, losing 20 lbs would hurt his NFL draft stock so much! Bernard Scott has a very similiar build to Chris Johnson, also basically the same exact size.

Here is the video of one of Abilene Christians games, and Bernard Scott will be at Running Back (Purple and White team), if you think he weighs around 220 or even over well over 200 lbs, then there is something wrong with you.

That is Scott Wright. Scott was referring to Bernard Scott when he said "Scott". Threw me off at first, but then I caught it.

foozball
01-01-2009, 02:41 PM

might wanna check your attitude bro. that is THE scott wright...as in the owner of this website. might wanna show a little respect

jessekopplin77
01-01-2009, 02:42 PM
You know what? I think your right lol. I was shocked at first and was like wtf. Still there is no way Bernard Scott is close to 220 lbs if you watch that video, and the team site even says he is 200 lbs.

jessekopplin77
01-01-2009, 02:43 PM
might wanna check your attitude bro. that is THE scott wright...as in the owner of this website. might wanna show a little respect

I'm not disrespecting him............it is wrong to have an argument on a Running Back's size? I stood up for Scott Wright in the Rey Mualuga Report, and if i was disrespecting I would go ahead and call names. I got much love for Scott Wright and the site!

foozball
01-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm not disrespecting him............it is wrong to have an argument on a Running Back's size? I stood up for Scott Wright in the Rey Mualuga Report, and if i was disrespecting I would go ahead and call names. I got much love for Scott Wright and the site!

pretty sure you called him crazy and there was something wrong with him

jessekopplin77
01-01-2009, 02:46 PM
pretty sure you called him crazy and there was something wrong with him

Will you please stop trying to argue. I implied if you think he weighs 220 lbs you might be crazy. That isn't a direct shoot out, and also I said there is something wrong with you if you think he weighs 220 lbs, if you go and read it correctly, i never aimed it at him, but anybody. So please, stop arguing.

Wildcatsj25
01-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Scott will be a very good pick by any team late in the draft, i've watched the guy play every game the last 2 years at ACU and he's special. he could probably use a little more weight if he can maintain his speed with it. his off the field issues and his grades have been a problem but he's been great since arriving at ACU and the kid never takes a play off. Malone as everyone proably knows was very good out of high school, the kid can throw the ball for any D1 school, like you said he's kind of old thogh. knox seems to be the product of a good team and a great qb, but with some work he could be a solid reciever.