PDA

View Full Version : AAA & UA Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

keylime_5
01-04-2009, 09:07 PM
It doesn't matter at all if you're not gonna play a sport in the spring I don't think.

draftguru151
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Greg Reid is dominating.

bwillie26
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I don't know who that was, but someone just got decapitated by that block.

JoeyJr09
01-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Greg Reid is a monster.

I think hes headed to UGA. Sorry UF fans.

Analysis by Feldman is nice. Hes a smart dude.

Sniper
01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Greg Reid is a monster.

His blog is phenomenal and so was Meat Market.

JoeyJr09
01-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Yea, Im just finishing up Meat Market and about to start Cane Mutiny.

thebow305
01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
-On the upside, I'm excited about Jamal Reid. He looked fast and explosive on that long TD catch. LOVE Ray Ray and Dyron!! WELCOME TO THE U BOYS!!

-On the downside, Prince has been getting torched tonight. (Jamal Reid was one of them)

I am really nervous about Debose... I am also very excited! This could be epic tonight if we round up all 3.

GO CANES!

gangGREENinsider
01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Greg Reid is a monster.

Someone I think earlier said if the Gators don't get Debose their class would be a failure. I don't know if I'd go that far with any one prospect but I'm starting to think Reid is awfully close.

I'm feeling pretty good about Gary Brown though. He's looking good.

thebow305
01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I think I'm going to be sick!

DAMN Gators!!

gangGREENinsider
01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Got DeBose, now we have to hang onto him...

Smart decision, IMO, though. Harvin's gone, Murphy's graduating, Cooper might go play baseball. He's got an excellent shot at playing right away in one of the most explosive offenses in the nation.

thebow305
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Some people are saying he could end up like Cookie though, so I'm not concerned. I wish we could've gotten him tonight, but NSD is still a long way away. We'll see. ;)

draftguru151
Gah, I'll take 2 of the 3. Said it a while ago, it'd be great to have Debose or Randle but not getting them wouldn't be terrible.

sbh15
Greg Reid is a monster.

I'd like to know why Reid de-comitted and if all this UGA talk is just hype.

Until I find out any circumstances, I'd just chalk it up to him wanting to get the same recruiting experience as some of the guys he's been talking to and hanging out with.

JoeyJr09
Well everything played out today like I said it would. Heres hoping I am right about part 2 and Debose decommits frm UF in the coming weeks.

P-L
01-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Who else needs to announce?

draftguru151
01-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Branden Smith I think.

sbh15
01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
On Reid:

So I've read that some UGA guys he knows and hangs out with took him to a UGA game and the Tubberville speech really shook him up. Apparently it's still really close, however.

JoeyJr09
01-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Reid to UGA isnt hype. Thats his home school. They will always be in it. Dont act like hes Will Campbell. Reid is entirely different circumstances.

Smith to UGA. Wish he would have picked FSU. wann ee us and them have good battles.

draftguru151
01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Smith (and Reid) to UGA. ;)

Hokie_Pokie08
01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
It's nice to see that Logan Thomas made the final hot 11 for the East.

Also who knew that Georgia had great "academic".

Giantsfan1080
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
How'd Lowery look in the game?

JoeyJr09
01-04-2009, 10:29 PM
How'd Lowery look in the game?

In all honesty, I was looking for him because I thought Miami needed to take him. Kids with his size and strength don't grow on trees.

But, He looked pretty bad. Zero explosion. No speed. Huge gut. Toothpick legs. and worst of all, lazy.

Double checked everything after tonite. Still hearing that Debose ain't done yet.

gangGREENinsider
01-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Reid to UGA isnt hype. Thats his home school. They will always be in it. Dont act like hes Will Campbell. Reid is entirely different circumstances.

Smith to UGA. Wish he would have picked FSU. wann ee us and them have good battles.

And just because UF isn't his hometown school doesn't mean there's no chance he re-commits.

UF insiders seem confident he'll re-commit so we'll see.

ironman4579
01-05-2009, 02:35 AM
I thought Roh looked pretty damn good. I like the pickup for us even more now, and I loved it before.

JoeyJr09
01-05-2009, 10:38 AM
And just because UF isn't his hometown school doesn't mean there's no chance he re-commits.

UF insiders seem confident he'll re-commit so we'll see.

He decommitted because he pulled the trigger on them to early and wasn't sure he made the right choice. Suddenly he's all over UGA, his hometown school. All his friends go to UGA, his family is there and that's where he is reportedly leaning. After this show he put on, UGA is gonna put on the full court press.

I just don't see how UF can keep him. They don't have nearly as much in their favor as UF. It's not like he is just taking a visit to UGA. He is so serious about going there that he decommitted from UF.

etk
01-05-2009, 01:24 PM
-On the upside, I'm excited about Jamal Reid. He looked fast and explosive on that long TD catch. LOVE Ray Ray and Dyron!! WELCOME TO THE U BOYS!!

-On the downside, Prince has been getting torched tonight. (Jamal Reid was one of them)

I am really nervous about Debose... I am also very excited! This could be epic tonight if we round up all 3.

GO CANES!

Jamal Reid is awesome. If he played at a higher level of competition he would be a top 10 corner easily. He's fast, explosive, has good ball skills and has a big frame (unlike DVD). I think he'll be our best corner in a couple years...better than Harris or McGee.

I wouldn't worry about Kent. He's overmatched at corner, but he'll be good in space at safety. We can still use him for zone coverage/red zone defense at CB but he's not cut out for the position.

The important thing is....these guys are all ATHLETES. No more small, slow, garbage DBs for us. Plus our recent recruits are much better playmakers on defense.

GO CANES for sure.

gangGREENinsider
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
He decommitted because he pulled the trigger on them to early and wasn't sure he made the right choice. Suddenly he's all over UGA, his hometown school. All his friends go to UGA, his family is there and that's where he is reportedly leaning. After this show he put on, UGA is gonna put on the full court press.

I just don't see how UF can keep him. They don't have nearly as much in their favor as UF. It's not like he is just taking a visit to UGA. He is so serious about going there that he decommitted from UF.

He de-committed after Tuberville's speech and wants to keep his options open. I don't blame him. Him de-committing doesn't necessarily means it was because he's all about UGA.

UF will go full court press as well, too. And it won't just be Georgia and Florida.

He was also seen doing the Gator chomp with Brown, Nuke, and DeBose last night and I've seen Georgia fans not convinced with the ESPN report and still believing he's UF.

sbh15
01-05-2009, 02:46 PM
He de-committed after Tuberville's speech and wants to keep his options open. I don't blame him. Him de-committing doesn't necessarily means it was because he's all about UGA.

UF will go full court press as well, too. And it won't just be Georgia and Florida.

He was also seen doing the Gator chomp with Brown, Nuke, and DeBose last night and I've seen Georgia fans not convinced with the ESPN report and still believing he's UF.

I also am not sure how UF has less to offer than UGA. 3 NC appearances recently and Meyer hasn't hesitated to give freshman starting jobs (see Janoris Jenkins, Joe Haden, Ahmad Black, Major Wright) and he'd easily be in line for the nickel spot.

I've also read that he was hanging out with Debose last night and doing the Gator Chomp, so who knows... Maybe playing with guys like Nuke, Debose, and Brown changed his mind.

JoeyJr09
01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
I read he spent more time hanging with the UGA kids and Smith this weekend then with the Gator commits.

BTW....I didnt say UGA had more to offer the the Gators. I said it sounds like he likes what UGA have to offer more then what UF has to offer.

I promise u Tubervilles speech isnt the reason he decommited. Thats what hes using as his excuse but kids dont just on a whim decommit like that because of a speech. Theres usually things going on in the background that prompt the decommit. Hence all the UGA rumors.

kwilk103
01-05-2009, 02:58 PM
what was tubbervilles speech about

i missed it when they talked about it

TigerBait45
01-05-2009, 02:59 PM
I wasn't the only one impressed with josh downs was I?

I had him pegged as a center but he looked pretty damn good at DT.

JoeyJr09
01-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I wasn't the only one impressed with josh downs was I?

I had him pegged as a center but he looked pretty damn good at DT.

He looked like just a guy out there to me. Nothing impressive but not horrible.

Only DL that really impressed me were Gary Brown, Craig Roh, Dyron Dye and the big white kid from Oklahoma (forgot his name).

Telfort sucked the worst of anyone on the field. Lowery was a close 2nd.

Russel Sheppard should be a RB. He looked horrible as a passer. No touch, no accuracy, just a lazer beam.

Dont know how any service doesnt have Bryce Brown at number 1 after this week.

sbh15
01-05-2009, 03:20 PM
I read he spent more time hanging with the UGA kids and Smith this weekend then with the Gator commits.

BTW....I didnt say UGA had more to offer the the Gators. I said it sounds like he likes what UGA have to offer more then what UF has to offer.

I promise u Tubervilles speech isnt the reason he decommited. Thats what hes using as his excuse but kids dont just on a whim decommit like that because of a speech. Theres usually things going on in the background that prompt the decommit. Hence all the UGA rumors.

Believe me, I'm just trying to find anyway I can to make myself believe that Florida is holding on to the kid. At first I heard UGA too with all of that stuff, then I read around some more and it seems neck and neck. I don't know where he'll go at all, I just hope it's Florida.

kwilk103
01-05-2009, 03:24 PM
what did you guys think of tubberville?

i thought he provided a little insight as to what coaches think of recruiting; he was really impressed by fsu dt committ jacobi mcdaniel (think thats his name)

and sheppard reminds me of a right handed pat white

sbh15
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2009/01/02/lowndes_db_greg_1.html

“I felt like I committed way too early (last February). It doesn’t have as much to do with Florida as it does with me making sure I’m making the right ‘life’ decision,’” Reid said. “This is a decision that will affect the rest of my life, so I I want to be sure I make the right one. I don’t want to go to one college, and then be transferring to another one, stuff like that.”

Tubberville's speech was all about making the right decision and all that, and that seems to be why he de-commit according to that article (not necessarily the speech). Anyway, Georgia already has 3 defensive back recruits in this class as well, so there's another thing to consider.

JoeyJr09
01-05-2009, 03:47 PM
I read all that before.

Basically what it looks like to me is that hes saying he isnt sure where he wants to go. Not that hes just making sure UF isnt the rite place.

If he was just "making sure", he could take some visits and not decommit.

But the fact he full on decommits in the middle of a public event looks like a way of him telling schools "Im not going to UF, come see me".

His move wasnt an "im not sure move". It was an "im not going there" move.

Ive always said, actions speak louder then words.

gangGREENinsider
01-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I read all that before.

Basically what it looks like to me is that hes saying he isnt sure where he wants to go. Not that hes just making sure UF isnt the rite place.

If he was just "making sure", he could take some visits and not decommit.

But the fact he full on decommits in the middle of a public event looks like a way of him telling schools "Im not going to UF, come see me".

His move wasnt an "im not sure move". It was an "im not going there" move.

Ive always said, actions speak louder then words.

Your argument is solid. But I've scoured both UF and UGA messageboards and UF "insiders" seem to be much more confident about Reid re-commiting than UGA guys are that Reid will go UGA. We'll have to see...

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7279/gatorsrf0.jpg

JoeyJr09
01-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Your argument is solid. But I've scoured both UF and UGA messageboards and UF "insiders" seem to be much more confident about Reid re-commiting than UGA guys are that Reid will go UGA. We'll have to see...

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7279/gatorsrf0.jpg

I used to love pics like these.. But now, I dont give a rats ass about them. Youll figure out pretty quick just how pointless they are.

I could pull out a million pictures of FSU RB Antone Smith wearing Miami gear. I have a bunch of LSU CB Patrick Peterson hanging with Miami coaches and throwing up the U. I have even more of Illinois DT Corey Luiget throwing up the U with other Miami players. Hec I even got one of USC TE Blake Ayles at last years UA game throwing up the U with Jacory Harris, Brandon Harris, Sean Spence and Aldarius Johnson.

Point being pictures, hand gentures, clothing mean nothing.

Reid was committed there for a long time. He was in Gator territory. So him taking a picture with other Gator players is not a surprise. It would be more surprising if he didnt take that picture.

I mean Debose just threw up the U at an UA practice 3 days ago. Look how that went.

sbh15
01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
I used to love pics like these.. But now, I dont give a rats ass about them. Youll figure out pretty quick just how pointless they are.

I could pull out a million pictures of FSU RB Antone Smith wearing Miami gear. I have a bunch of LSU CB Patrick Peterson hanging with Miami coaches and throwing up the U. I have even more of Illinois DT Corey Luiget throwing up the U with other Miami players. Hec I even got one of USC TE Blake Ayles at last years UA game throwing up the U with Jacory Harris, Brandon Harris, Sean Spence and Aldarius Johnson.

Reid was committed there for a long time. He was in Gator territory. So him taking a picture with other Gator players is not a surprise. It would be more surprising if he didnt take that picture.

I mean Debose just threw up the U at an UA practice 3 days ago. Look how that went.

Maybe it was Louis Murphy's definition of the U ;)

etk
01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Maybe it was Louis Murphy's definition of the U ;)

His definition makes no sense. He said Florida is the U because they win championships when they have 2 NCs compared to our 5. Not to mention all the flop QBs and WRs from that school.

sbh15
01-05-2009, 06:54 PM
His definition makes no sense. He said Florida is the U because they win championships when they have 2 NCs compared to our 5. Not to mention all the flop QBs and WRs from that school.

Pro players factor nothing into college success, and by the way, I don't agree with Lou. Florida's gaining on you guys, but Miami will always be the U, regardless of championships. They have a friggin "U" on their helmet for christ's sake!

etk
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Pro players factor nothing into college success, and by the way, I don't agree with Lou. We're gaining on you guys, but Miami will always be the U, regardless of championships. They have a friggin "U" on their helmet for christ's sake!

People consider Miami "Da U" or "the U" for 2 reasons. The U on the helmet...like you said....or NFL U as in producing pro prospects. Pro players do factor into "U" discussion but don't really matter in terms of college success. Kinda hard to ignore pro success though considering it affects recruiting a ton.

It was a really ignorant comment by Murphy. Only ignorant UF fans would agree with that comment. He could've insulted us by saying they're a better team with a better record or w/e...but he went after one of the few things that's still ours.

gangGREENinsider
01-05-2009, 07:05 PM

I'm not putting much credence into the photo other than to show UF players are in his ear too. It's not just Ealy and those guys from UGA going after Reid. Outside of the ESPN report, I haven't seen much coming from UGA's end and lots of UF guys are quoting Reid as saying he's still into the Gators.

You can't put that much into even a verbal commit nowadays, not just a picture. They're kids. They change their mind. We just have to wait it out and see.

I get what you're saying...