PDA

View Full Version : Juaquin Iglesias

JaxJag_1
01-01-2009, 11:05 PM
What are your thoughts on his hands and is his speed enough to be effective deep in the NFL?

Crimson79
01-02-2009, 09:14 AM
What are your thoughts on his hands and is his speed enough to be effective deep in the NFL?

I don't think he will be that much of a deep threat in the NFL.

Juaquin has good hands, he is quicker than he is fast, and is very good after the catch.

Seems like the kind of WR that makes his living over the middle of the field

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrxjFw9uwU4

the decider13
01-02-2009, 10:58 AM
I've watched quite a bit of Iglesias, and the one think that always impressed me is his hands. He also seems to have good awareness. I think he can be a good #2 or #3 receiver, but I dont see him as much of a deepthreat.

jnew76
01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I would call his speed deceptive, and by that I mean he is quick enough in and out of breaks that he can get a defensive backs hips turned or get him on the wrong foot and then has enough speed out of his breaks that he can get behind him. He will not be running fly patterns past anyone in man to man... I would guess 4.48-4.53... I really like everything about him and he has been my #1 senior WR for quite a while.

Hines
01-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I still compare him to a quicker Hines Ward.

jnew76
01-02-2009, 11:31 AM

That says a lot coming from HinesWardJr.

Hines
01-02-2009, 11:32 AM
That says a lot coming from HinesWardJr.

Well look at this way. Iglesias has good hands, can block, goes over the middle, and isn't really fast. Hines Ward is all of those.

the decider13
01-02-2009, 11:37 AM

I couldn't come up with a comparison, but I actually think that is a really good one.

giantsfan
01-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I see him as a bigger steve smith (USC) because he has deceptive speed, but really excels as a possession receiver who uses his body and hands to really hurt teams.

Menardo75
01-02-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't think he will be a very good deep threat in the pros. I think his best fit at the NFL level is in the slot.

bam bam
01-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Terrell Owens doesn't exactly light the world on fire with his 40 time, but he's a huge deep threat.

Legend234
01-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I think he will make a great slot receiver in the NFL. bigger Steve Smith (giants) is a perfect comparison. He is a crafty route runner. He is a little better after the catch then smith though. I am interseted to see what he can do against florida.

furiousgod
01-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Terrell Owens doesn't exactly light the world on fire with his 40 time, but he's a huge deep threat.

this is what really gets me, seeing a big guy knowing he doesnt run a 4.4 and saying he isnt a deep threat, makes no sense at all. Having all the routes at your disposal good body control, strength and ability to catch in traffic are just as conducive to being a deep threat as 4.4 speed. Examples Plax, TO,Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White.

illmatic74
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
this is what really gets me, seeing a big guy knowing he doesnt run a 4.4 and saying he isnt a deep threat, makes no sense at all. Having all the routes at your disposal good body control, strength and ability to catch in traffic are just as conducive to being a deep threat as 4.4 speed. Examples Plax, TO,Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White.I heard Terrell Owens time was 4.47.

Geo
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Although I'm wary of Oklahoma guys, I think Iglesias could be a solid guy. Solid 2nd round pick for whichever team gets him, similar to Steve Smith as noted although I think Smith was better.

Manny Johnson, the other Sooners senior receiver, might also pan out.