PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez's RoseBowl scouting report

Jericho@SC
01-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Tonight he showed the country why he's a first rounder and possibly the best QB prospect in the country.

While Stafford might be bigger and have a stronger arm, Sanchez is more accurate, is more athletic and has better feet. His size and arm strength are above average to begin with anyway.

His mechanics are textbook. He steps into his throws and gets a great spiral with an overhead arm action. Has a quick release reminiscent of Carson Palmer. Scouts will find this a lot more attractive than McCoy and Bradford's sidearm motions.

On top of that, there are little things you can appreciate about him that show how well he's been coached in High School and College. He knows how to pump fake and does it very well. He sells the playaction as good as any other QB in the country. Elusive in the pocket. He's charismatic and has great leadership characteristics. To top that off, he's a class act.

Besides having to work on his pocket presence (because of his inexperience, having taken limited game snaps in college) there's really not much to harp on him about. He throws a great deep ball, shows nice touch on short throws, and excels in the intermediate routes when he's on.

As much as I want him to stay, there's no one outside of Matt Stafford that you can make a good argument for in drafting before Mark Sanchez.

DetroitInDaHouse
01-02-2009, 01:41 AM
Tonight he showed the country why he's a first rounder and possibly the best QB prospect in the country.

While Stafford might be bigger and have a stronger arm, Sanchez is more accurate, is more athletic and has better feet. His size and arm strength are above average to begin with anyway.

His mechanics are textbook. He steps into his throws and gets a great spiral with an overhead arm action. Has a quick release reminiscent of Carson Palmer. Scouts will find this a lot more attractive than McCoy and Bradford's sidearm motions.

On top of that, there are little things you can appreciate about him that show how well he's been coached in High School and College. He knows how to pump fake and does it very well. He sells the playaction as good as any other QB in the country. Elusive in the pocket. He's charismatic and has great leadership characteristics. To top that off, he's a class act.

Besides having to work on his pocket presence (because of his inexperience, having taken limited game snaps in college) there's really not much to harp on him about. He throws a great deep ball, shows nice touch on short throws, and excels in the intermediate routes when he's on.

As much as I want him to stay, there's no one outside of Matt Stafford that you can make a good argument for in drafting before Mark Sanchez.

Eh. Sanchez? lmao come on nobody named sanchez that is a qb is going to go first round in the nfl. Lmao good one.

OneToughGame
01-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Eh. Sanchez? lmao come on nobody named sanchez that is a qb is going to go first round in the nfl. Lmao good one.

Saying that is like thinking Freeman is the best QB in this years draft.. OH wait.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 01:46 AM

are you kidding me right now? do you even watch football.

DetroitInDaHouse
01-02-2009, 01:59 AM
are you kidding me right now? do you even watch football.

Sanchez? How many sanchezs do you know that are qbs that go early? not many how many stafford types do you see become first picks? think bout it

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Sanchez? How many sanchezs do you know that are qbs that go early? not many how many stafford types do you see become first picks? think bout it

ok, so because his last name is sanchez hes not going in the first round? watch the kid play and you might have somewhat of a clue.

OneToughGame
01-02-2009, 02:04 AM

It's a ******* name. Just because his last name is Sanchez doesn't mean he's not a great QB. Besides, how many Sanchez's do you "know" that are QB's and are anywhere near as talented as Mark that go into the draft?

DetroitInDaHouse
01-02-2009, 02:06 AM
ok, so because his last name is sanchez hes not going in the first round? watch the kid play and you might have somewhat of a clue.

Dont get me wrong I know sanchez is gonna be a solid player in the league but i just dont know if he can get past his name.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Dont get me wrong I know sanchez is gonna be a solid player in the league but i just dont know if he can get past his name.

wow, are you joking me right now?

i think we have another starheather type on our hands.

DetroitInDaHouse
01-02-2009, 02:13 AM
wow, are you joking me right now?

i think we have another starheather type on our hands.

Well i think you get what im saying when i say that sanchez isnt stafford and im not talking about playing ability.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 02:14 AM
are you seriously saying Sanchez wont go in the 1st round because hes not white?

hellrazor
01-02-2009, 02:17 AM

you sound like your parents dropped you on your head when you were a kid and then kicked you in the face.

HellonEarth84
01-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Sanchez = Matt Cassell with a better arm and more confidence. Better deep ball.

Gchu83
01-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Are you basing this just on one game? I like Sanchez but I don't think he's the best QB prospect in the nation, he's thrown for less yards and TDs than Bradford and McCoy, while having the least accuracy out of the 3. Also has the least rushing yards and TDs. All while playing inferior teams.

As of right now, I don't see how anyone can make a good argument for drafting Sanchez before Bradford.

djp
01-02-2009, 02:28 AM
This kid is a stud. A flat out stud. Can make every single throw, great leader, good to great mobility. Needs some work on reading defenses and pocket presence but that can be taught.

DetroitInDaHouse
01-02-2009, 02:28 AM
are you seriously saying Sanchez wont go in the 1st round because hes not white?

Well his kind isnt known for producing probowl qbs ya know. i mean come on now this isnt soccer.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 02:29 AM
Are you basing this just on one game? I like Sanchez but I don't think he's the best QB prospect in the nation, he's thrown for less yards and TDs than Bradford and McCoy, while having the least accuracy out of the 3. Also has the least rushing yards and TDs. All while playing inferior teams.

As of right now, I don't see how anyone can make a good argument for drafting Sanchez before Bradford.

off one game? he threw for over 3000 yards and 30 touchdowns in a balanced offense. not a offense that goes out and throws the ball 40 times a game.

his transition to the pro game will be easier than Bradfords and McCoys because he plays from going under center and making NFL reads. Bradford and McCoy both play in spread offenses.

ThePudge
01-02-2009, 02:31 AM

Throwing mechanics, better coached, has a great knack for the game. Sanchez is used to being under center and hasn't had to hide at all behind an all-american line, not to mention he didn't have DeMarco Murray and Chris Brown rushing for over 30 touchdowns combined. Sanchez is perhaps the most pro-ready mechanically and mentally at this point. He also has a stronger arm than Bradford, just by a bit.

I'm not saying I'd take Sanchez over Bradford, but I'm making a good argument for Sanchez right now. The two may be closer than you think.

hellrazor
01-02-2009, 02:35 AM
bradford also is playing more out of the shotgun. his footwork might also need work playing behind center in the nfl.

DetroitInDaHouse
01-02-2009, 02:55 AM
I just think what this comes down to is who would you rather have stafford or sanchez? stafford you say? then i think we heard enough about this..sanchez guy. lol sanchez

OneToughGame
01-02-2009, 02:56 AM
Well his kind isnt known for producing probowl qbs ya know. i mean come on now this isnt soccer.

"His kind" There's no need to go racist over football. Race doesn't matter in it.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 03:02 AM
"His kind" There's no need to go racist over football. Race doesn't matter in it.

yeah that is frickin ridiculous. are you kidding me?

MetSox17
01-02-2009, 04:06 AM

He's trolling. The more you reply to him, the more he'll go at it. Just ignore him.

As far as the OP goes, i LOVE Sanchez. He's just a great kid, with all the talent in the world. I love everything about his game more than i do Bradford's. Stafford might still be slightly ahead of him, but that's not a knock on Sanchez at all. I don't see where you can say he just has above average arm-strength. He can make every single throw you want, and can hit his guy 50 yards down the field in stride. He's gonna make a team very very happy.

the decider13
01-02-2009, 04:22 AM
If Sanchez, Stafford, and Bradford all declare, it'll be a dream for anyone looking for a QB. All three of them can be franchise QBs. Although which ever one gets drafted by the lions is rather unlucky.

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Sanchez is the real deal, the only thing he is lacking is experience.

Personally, I'd take him over Bradford...

If he came out he'd be a Top 15-20 pick and if Bradford goes back he could crack the Top 10.

Flyboy
01-02-2009, 09:06 AM
You don't think he could challenge Stafford as of being a Top 3 pick, Scott?

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 09:09 AM
You don't think he could challenge Stafford as of being a Top 3 pick, Scott?

No, he is firmly behind Stafford.

Like I said though, if I included everyone in my rankings Sanchez would be ahead of Bradford.

He has fewer question marks and just as much upside, if not more.

bearfan
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Sanchez = Matt Cassell with a better arm and more confidence. Better deep ball.

I dont know if you are meaning this to be a bad thing, Cassel threw for 3700 yards, and had 23 total TDs. You're saying Sanchez is better, which would make him a very good player.

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 09:20 AM
I dont know if you are meaning this to be a bad thing, Cassel threw for 3700 yards, and had 23 total TDs. You're saying Sanchez is better, which would make him a very good player.

I was going to say, that's one of the best compliments you can give a quarterback right now.

hannah73
01-02-2009, 09:33 AM
I thought some of his throws were kind of weak. Not great arm strengh. How tall is he? He looks kind of short, maybe 6'2" max. If he's great than Leinart was a god, I think Leinart was a lot better. And he's still a question mark in the pros.

Stafford is much better than him, IMO. Quicker release, threw some lasers and touch passes really well.

comparing Sanchez to Cassel? Cassel gets a lot of completions and yards but most of his passes are short throws to Welker. As a deep ball thrower, I don't think he's that good, arm isn't that strong...not that he isn't improving a lot.

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 09:44 AM
When it comes to physical tools Sanchez is superior to Leinart.

Experience is the big difference at this point.

Larry121283
01-02-2009, 10:17 AM
No, he is firmly behind Stafford.

Like I said though, if I included everyone in my rankings Sanchez would be ahead of Bradford.

He has fewer question marks and just as much upside, if not more.

At this very point, I'd without a doubt have Mark Sanchez ahead of Sam Bradford, and wouldn't change that before the draft.

However, I think the difference between Sanchez and Stafford is very very small. Stafford would get the nod because he has more experience and a bigger body of work to judge, including the great plus-plus arm. However, if Sanchez, who has a plus arm, and is definitely a prototype player, had say...another half season of football on him...we are talking about the best quarterback in the draft.

As the draft process rolls around for more teams, if I were a scout or GM, I'd give Sanchez a long, hard look as the #1 QB to determine if that extra experience is irrelevant in my evaluations. The kid has the goods...but as is the case with the three top QBs, you really need to get down and dirty with evaluations and pick them apart depending on what you like most in them.

I don't think any of them should start right away.

jnew76
01-02-2009, 10:49 AM

There has already been a Latin American QB picked #1 overall, his name was Jim Plunkett... It happened back in 1971... How many Plunkett's were drafted before that? Shut up... Troll

Babylon
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM

If he came out he'd be a Top 15-20 pick and if Bradford goes back he could crack the Top 10.

I agree with you on Mark going before Bradford but i'm not sure scouts would think that way. I think the thing with Bradford is he might go back to school and he may surprise some with his workouts if he does come out.

As for Sanchez i like his enthusiasm and his skill level, you could probably make the case that he's as good in most areas as Stafford except one guy has a 93 mph fastball and the other guy a 97 mph fastball. (sorry for the baseball referance,looking for the spring to get here).

Prowler
01-02-2009, 11:52 AM
sanchez is 22 years old, and with the cassell factor i don't know how much people can argue starting experiance anymore. (i guess i'm saying maturity and having a good grip on life is almost more important)

he played really big in the rose bowl though, it was what he had been dreaming about for the past decade and he finally got his chance and didn't choke. getting that big game win plus handling all the usc media attention means alot to me.

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 11:58 AM
sanchez is 22 years old, and with the cassell factor i don't know how much people can argue starting experiance anymore. (i guess i'm saying maturity and having a good grip on life is almost more important)

Well, Cassel didn't have a lot of playing experience but he did get to sit and learn behind a future Hall of Famer in one of the best organizations in the game for three full years. Not to mention the grooming he received in the USC program.

MaxV
01-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Yes, Sanchez did look impressive, but keep in mind that his O-Line did an excellent job of pass-protection and his receivers were a HUGE miss-match for Penn State's secondary.

I mean Penn State's starting DBs were much smaller and much slower.

hellrazor
01-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I thought some of his throws were kind of weak. Not great arm strengh. How tall is he? He looks kind of short, maybe 6'2" max. If he's great than Leinart was a god, I think Leinart was a lot better. And he's still a question mark in the pros.

Stafford is much better than him, IMO. Quicker release, threw some lasers and touch passes really well.

comparing Sanchez to Cassel? Cassel gets a lot of completions and yards but most of his passes are short throws to Welker. As a deep ball thrower, I don't think he's that good, arm isn't that strong...not that he isn't improving a lot.

not great arm strength? i dont know what player youre watching but sanchez has very good arm strength and can make every throw. he has much greater physical tools than leinart.

wonderbredd24
01-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Sanchez could be what keeps Bradford in school for another year.

Larry121283
01-02-2009, 01:04 PM

he played really big in the rose bowl though, it was what he had been dreaming about for the past decade and he finally got his chance and didn't choke. getting that big game win plus handling all the usc media attention means alot to me.

Matt Cassel is a fluke accident of nature.

I wouldn't take anything learned from Cassel and compare it to another player.

I'm not saying Cassel isn't the goods, because he has looked very good, but I wouldn't attempt to try and replicate that...you'll end up with hundreds or thousands of Gibran Hamdens over one Matt Cassel.

IceKubes
01-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Scott, do you think with the recent success of Ryan and Flacco that if Sanchez and Bradford declare this year they get pushed up draft boards and both go in the first 10-15 picks? It seems like the formula for a good rookie QB season is out there if a team can stay committed to the run and play good defense. For the teams that can't you can always sit him for half a year to a year.

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Scott, do you think with the recent success of Ryan and Flacco that if Sanchez and Bradford declare this year they get pushed up draft boards and both go in the first 10-15 picks? It seems like the formula for a good rookie QB season is out there if a team can stay committed to the run and play good defense. For the teams that can't you can always sit him for half a year to a year.

Yea, I think both Bradford and Sanchez are Top 15 picks if they declare.

hockey619
01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Been talking Sanchez up since the beginning of the year. The mans a damn good QB.

Larry's right. Dont compare people to Cassel or Brady for that matter, cause there similair but very very rare. Both late round guys that are developed by a genius (Belichick).

MidwayMonster31
01-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I think that Sanchez can be a good quarterback. Experience is really the only knock on him. Even though he could risk losing money, it would probably be better for him in the long run to go back for another year. He has only had one year of starting experience.
Before anybody says anything about Cassel, I still say that he is a system quarterback. All he had to do was make short passes and let his receivers to the rest of the work. Once he signs with someone else, he will probably stink.

lionsfan81
01-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Sanchez is better than Cassel yes, but look at what Sanchez has to work with at USC. Great O-line and amazing receivers. Matt Leinart hasn't shined in the NFL and he had just an amazing an offense around him.

RaiderNation
01-02-2009, 01:32 PM
As Ive been saying I have Sanchez and Bradford as my 1a and 1b QB's at this point. Im starting to lean Sanchez's way because he plays under center and has a better arm. Stafford is my number 3 QB behind the 2

regoob2
01-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Edit nevermind.

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I really don't understand why people are so down on Stafford...

I guess he has a case of senior-itis, even though he isn't a senior. He's been such a highly rated prospect for so long that people are picking him apart and looking for negatives.

keylime_5
01-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I agree with Scott, Stafford clearly #1 and Sanchez is #2. Bradford is a good bit overrated b/c his stats and accuracy are inflated in Oklahoma's offense. The other two have better tools and possibly better intangeables like making reads and looking off DBs. Bradford has a more slender frame too, doesn't look like he could take near the beating of Stafford.

Loggerhead
01-02-2009, 02:01 PM
If Sanchez came out wouldn't teams be concerned about him being arrested a few years back for sexual assault? He wasn't charged due to lack of evidence but still in the age of Pacman Joneses you have to be concerned.

hockey619
01-02-2009, 02:04 PM
"As Ive been saying I have Sanchez and Bradford as my 1a and 1b QB's at this point. Im starting to lean Sanchez's way because he plays under center and has a better arm. Stafford is my number 3 QB behind the 2" RaiderNation

Agreed man. I think there all very close but that Sanchez will hold due to having having a stronger arm and more conventional system than Sanchez.

I really don't understand why people are so down on Stafford...

I guess he has a case of senior-itis, even though he isn't a senior. He's been such a highly rated prospect for so long that people are picking him apart and looking for negatives.

I just get a bad vibe from him. Less so this year than last. Last year i thought he looked afraid and hes still just soooooo inconsistent. His upside is immense so he should be up there but I dont like him as much as Sanchez and his all around great game (Aaron Rodgers esque to me), or Bradford and his intelligence and ability to pick things up. Bradford does spend some snaps under center so I dont think thats as big a deal. The only reason he needs to sit for a year int he pros is to adjust to making more complicated reads, and even then hes so smart that he might not even need that down time (he learned the OK no-huddle quickly)

1 Sanchez
2 Bradford
3 Stafford
(slightly distant)
4 Nate Davis

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 02:05 PM
As much as I like Stafford I concede that in time Sanchez has the talent to be as good or better. Still, one year of starting experience is scary.

Race for the Heisman
01-02-2009, 02:12 PM

I agree, the more I mull it over, it is Stafford first, then Sanchez. I still like Bradford, but everything I hear about Sanchez is positive. Obviously the USC coaches have an obligation to sell their players, but as you say, experience is the only thing he's missing. While I think staying another year would help him, I have a certain confidence in him, which would normally be absent in a one (and maybe a half) year starter.

keylime_5
01-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Sanchez is better than Cassel yes, but look at what Sanchez has to work with at USC. Great O-line and amazing receivers. Matt Leinart hasn't shined in the NFL and he had just an amazing an offense around him.

Leinart's tools aren't that great and he is very immature for an NFL QB with all those veterans around him where the QB is supposed to be a leader to those guys. I think Sanchez's tools can make him succeed where Leinart hasn't so far.

neko4
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Ive been telling my friends that Sanchez might be the best (or 2nd) QB in the draft (if he comes out). I think the Rose Bowl proved it. He reads defenses well, has a strong arm, good mechanics, and good mobility. I dont know if he is a good or bad leader, but I would assume he is an okay one.

neko4
01-02-2009, 02:47 PM
As much as I like Stafford I concede that in time Sanchez has the talent to be as good or better. Still, one year of starting experience is scary.
Im not sure why that such a big deal. I feel he does a good job of reading defenses and if a guy can play well then what why does it matter how much experience he has?

illmatic74
01-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Im not sure why that such a big deal. I feel he does a good job of reading defenses and if a guy can play well then what why does it matter how much experience he has?Scouts are hesitant about a guy they don't have a lot of tape on. The more tape you get on a player the more chinks in the armour you could find. Look at Andre Woodson and Brian Brohm the more tape scout got to see of him the less they liked him.

Halsey
01-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Im not sure why that such a big deal. I feel he does a good job of reading defenses and if a guy can play well then what why does it matter how much experience he has?

One reason it matters is because less games played means less chances to scout him. Scouts have had more chances to analyze Stafford in 3 years than they have Sanchez for 1. Also, how much adversity has Sanchez faced. Most teams Sachez has faced can't even hang with USC's talent. What happens when Sanchez doesn't have a talent advantage around him and his team is down by 10 in the 3rd quarter on the road.

neko4
01-02-2009, 03:12 PM
One reason it matters is because less games played means less chances to scout him. Scouts have had more chances to analyze Stafford in 3 years than they have Sanchez for 1. Also, how much adversity has Sanchez faced. Most teams Sachez has faced can't even hang with USC's talent. What happens when Sanchez doesn't have a talent advantage around him and his team is down by 10 in the 3rd quarter on the road.

Well I think we can say the same thing about almost every team Sam Bradford has played

Babylon
01-02-2009, 03:31 PM

I disagree, i think Stafford's talent is better. His touch is better, he's physically a lot stronger and his arm is far superior. From the standpoint that we just dont know how someone turns out i'll concede that but talent wise there is a big differance in my opinion.

giantsfan
01-02-2009, 03:49 PM

I completely agree just like guys named Quinn, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Young and Cutler don't go early...

Babylon
01-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I completely agree just like guys named Quinn, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Young and Cutler don't go early...

I think he meant Latin American players don't go early. (no offense Jim Plunkett). Actually we have some diversity coming out this year at the QB spot:

Matt Stafford (he be your token white guy)
Sam Bradford (part native american)
Mark Sanchez (latin american)
Josh Freeman (african american)

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I disagree, i think Stafford's talent is better. His touch is better, he's physically a lot stronger and his arm is far superior. From the standpoint that we just dont know how someone turns out i'll concede that but talent wise there is a big differance in my opinion.

i think that Sanchez is a better leader than Stafford and that will help him tremendously.

Babylon
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
i think that Sanchez is a better leader than Stafford and that will help him tremendously.

There are differant types of leaders but i agree with what you're saying.

YAYareaRB
01-02-2009, 04:37 PM

WTF??? lol

Anyways.. Sanchez is good. Has excellent footwork. He was badass in HS and showed us a preview of next season in the Rose Bowl.. If they can get past them damn Beavers.

Bengals78
01-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I agree with Scott that the scariest thing about Sanchez right now is only 1 year of starting. If he returns, it will be interesting to see if teams can figure him out and game plan for him with a year of seeing him. I still think he benefits A LOT from having a lot of talent around him and playing weak teams sometimes. But not enough to say he isn't the second best QB out there.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 04:59 PM
WTF??? lol

Anyways.. Sanchez is good. Has excellent footwork. He was badass in HS and showed us a preview of next season in the Rose Bowl.. If they can get past them damn Beavers.

we do fine with them when we play them at home, its when we have to go to Corvallis that its ugly.

Corvallis curse

Buc Baller12
01-02-2009, 05:11 PM
What is the word on Sanchez? Will he be declaring?

Babylon
01-02-2009, 05:27 PM
What is the word on Sanchez? Will he be declaring?

I think he'll test the waters and when he gets a 1st round projection (which i believe he will) he'll probably go. The case for staying is game experience, you've got most of the offense at SC returning and you could make some big money next year if you can get to the top of the draft

The argument that he leaves is he's 22,coming off a great Rosebowl performance, been in the
system there for 4 years and might just end up with a good team drafting him if he comes out this year, teams like Minnesota, Tampa Bay and the Jets being possibilities.

If i'm a gambler i'd say it's 50-50.

Buc Baller12
01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
I think he'll test the waters and when he gets a 1st round projection (which i believe he will) he'll probably go. The case for staying is game experience, you've got most of the offense at SC returning and you could make some big money next year if you can get to the top of the draft

The argument that he leaves is he's 22,coming off a great Rosebowl performance, been in the
system there for 4 years and might just end up with a good team drafting him if he comes out this year, teams like Minnesota, Tampa Bay and the Jets being possibilities.

If i'm a gambler i'd say it's 50-50.

My dream scenario would be having Stafford, Bradford, and Sanchez declare. One of those guys would have to fall to Tampa at pick #19. According to Mcshay big board Sanchez is #15 ranked player in the draft.

Flyboy
01-02-2009, 05:39 PM
My dream scenario would be having Stafford, Bradford, and Sanchez declare. One of those guys would have to fall to Tampa at pick #19. According to Mcshay big board Sanchez is #15 ranked player in the draft.

Eh, I don't see ANY of of them dropping that low if they all declare but that's just me.

Babylon
01-02-2009, 05:39 PM

I thought that the Bucs might try to trade up to get someone like a Stafford but not sure if they are willing to part with what it would take. I might be in the minority but i'm not a big Jeff Garcia fan.

GBahDunka
01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
apparently sanchez is a great vocal leader and is an absolute film rat in which they find in the film room at 4:00 am.

Sanchez has every intangible and loves the game. When I look at Stafford I see a kid that grew up in one of the richest neighborhoods in texas and has always had everything made for him and it has all come easy to him. He has every physical ability for the qb position in the world; id just like to see him yield his team to victory the way other great college quarterbacks do. No matter when either of these two quarterbacks come out they will both be top 15 picks. It all depends on which team falls in love first.

Babylon
01-02-2009, 06:16 PM
apparently sanchez is a great vocal leader and is an absolute film rat in which they find in the film room at 4:00 am.

Sanchez has every intangible and loves the game. When I look at Stafford I see a kid that grew up in one of the richest neighborhoods in texas and has always had everything made for him and it has all come easy to him. He has every physical ability for the qb position in the world; id just like to see him yield his team to victory the way other great college quarterbacks do. No matter when either of these two quarterbacks come out they will both be top 15 picks. It all depends on which team falls in love first.

I heard that rich neighborhood thing for the 1st time today and i think that is garbage. What are we going to do now start checking people's tax returns to see how much money kid's parents are making. Peyton Manning and John Elway's parents had money. Do we know how much Troy Aikman and Carson Palmer's folks are worth? If the guy isnt good that's one thing, let's not start making things up to make our case.

GBahDunka
01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
I only say this because ive seen him around - being from dallas and ive seen what kind of kid he's been.

I believe both guys will be great pro quarterbacks but I like Sanchez's love for the game and willing to put the hours in to be the best he can.

Babylon
01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
i only say this because ive seen him around - being from dallas and ive seen what kind of kid he's been

That's cool, i've known a lot of ballplayers that came from money and a lot of them were tough guys. The thing i like about Stafford is he gets the snot knocked out of him at least once or twice a game and he just keeps playing, some guys would sit out a series or a quarter not him. He's one of the toughest individuals i've seen play that position. When he gets to the pros he'll most likely live in a nice neighborhood, least of my worries.

locseti
01-02-2009, 06:24 PM
I was at the game yesterday, he's the real deal. Everytime we pressured him, he maneuvered beautifully in the pocket and made throw after amazing throw. I was extremely impressed, I knew he had the tools but it was a question of whether or not he could put it all together and against a D like PSU's, he sure did. On a side note, Anthony Scirotto is a little punk who helped Sanchez's stats immensely.

Babylon
01-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I was at the game yesterday, he's the real deal. Everytime we pressured him, he maneuvered beautifully in the pocket and made throw after amazing throw. I was extremely impressed, I knew he had the tools but it was a question of whether or not he could put it all together and against a D like PSU's, he sure did. On a side note, Anthony Scirotto is a little punk who helped Sanchez's stats immensely.

How did Maybin look?, he has been touted as a pretty high pick by some ESPN guy but except for the play he made that was negated by a penalty i thought he sort of dissappeared. Looks like he needs another year to get a bit stronger.

illmatic74
01-02-2009, 06:29 PM

Sanchez has every intangible and loves the game. When I look at Stafford I see a kid that grew up in one of the richest neighborhoods in texas and has always had everything made for him and it has all come easy to him. He has every physical ability for the qb position in the world; id just like to see him yield his team to victory the way other great college quarterbacks do. No matter when either of these two quarterbacks come out they will both be top 15 picks. It all depends on which team falls in love first.You know why I love Profesional Sports it is the ultimate meritocracy. At the end of the day it doesn't matter where you come from, who you know or who your family is. The best will play. If you grew up rich like the Manning's or if you grew up poor i a bad neighborhood. In the end performance is the only thing that matters.

Babylon
01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
You know why I love Profesional Sports it is the ultimate meritocracy. At the end of the day it doesn't matter where you come from, who you know or who your family is. The best will play. If you grew up rich like the Manning's or if you grew up poor i a bad neighborhood. In the end performance is the only thing that matters.

Good point, the thing is some kids work their asses off to get to where they are. Does anyone think Stafford came out of the womb throwing freaking lasers.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
You know why I love Profesional Sports it is the ultimate meritocracy. At the end of the day it doesn't matter where you come from, who you know or who your family is. The best will play. If you grew up rich like the Manning's or if you grew up poor i a bad neighborhood. In the end performance is the only thing that matters.

That's not always the truth. Many times, people in the "bad neighborhoods" don't get the same chance as people in a "better neighborhoods".

bam bam
01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
That's not always the truth. Many times, people in the "bad neighborhoods" don't get the same chance as people in a "better neighborhoods".

And many times people in the "better neighborhoods" don't get the same opportunity as those in "bad neighborhoods". There are tons of race based scholarships (basically affirmative action for college) out there.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM

its like that alot in baseball. All the wealthier kids do all the prospect camps and all the tournaments and they get tons of exposure, where the kids without money of SOL.

But anyways i know im a USC fan, but i believe when its all said and done Sanchez might be a better pro than Stafford. I think they will both be special but im givin the edge to Marc.

Bengals78
01-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Does anyone know which way he is leaning yet? Havent seen anything.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know which way he is leaning yet? Havent seen anything.

he hasnt talked about it, when they asked him about it after the game yesterday he said he couldnt see himself leaving, but we will start to hear more in the next couple days.

Bengals78
01-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks, I have a feeling if he hears how high he could go, he might declare.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks, I have a feeling if he hears how high he could go, he might declare.

it wouldnt surprise me either way.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-02-2009, 09:04 PM
its like that alot in baseball. All the wealthier kids do all the prospect camps and all the tournaments and they get tons of exposure, where the kids without money of SOL.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Kids have the talent but they can't get the exposure or sometimes can't even play because of their situation.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Kids have the talent but they can't get the exposure or sometimes can't even play because of their situation.

yeah its kind of ridiculous actually.

Jericho@SC
01-03-2009, 10:49 AM

If you're comparing Sanchez's arm strength to Stafford, then yea, his arm might seem somewhat weak. But come on, Stafford has elite arm strength that you find in a QB once every 5-10 years. When he gets into the league, there's probably only two or three people that can match him in terms of throwing hard and throwing far. Jay Cutler and Jamarcus Russell being two I can think of right now.

But Sanchez definitely has a plus arm. I liked the earlier analogy someone posted in that Sanchez has a 93-95 mph fastball (which in baseball terms is above average) whereas Stafford has that 99-100 mph fastball that you only see in a handful of players.

He doesn't have that cannon arm that will explode off his hands and zip into the receiver. But neither does Tom Brady. It isn't essential for a QB to have success. He throws a tight spiral that has enough velocity to squeeze into small windows.

underscore
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Sanchez is a good QB and had a stellar Rose Bowl.

But, Penn State showed him the same cover-3 look all game (with zero athletes at safety), and never even tried to change it up. Sanchez was playing Madden '08 all afternoon

YAYareaRB
01-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah he needs to go to clear up some playing time for my boy AARON CORP.. O LUUUUUUU!!!

Zyro_1014
01-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah he needs to go to clear up some playing time for my boy AARON CORP.. O LUUUUUUU!!!

by the time Corp gets his CHANCE to start, Barkley will have already beaten him out.

captainjack27
01-03-2009, 02:22 PM

You're kidding right? Seriously stop posting.

captainjack27
01-03-2009, 02:23 PM
I think Sanchez showed he is first round talent, but i'm not ready to declare him the best QB prospect over stafford.

Monomach
01-03-2009, 05:13 PM
He's the #2 eligible QB after Stafford, as far as I'm concerned. I'd take him long before Bradford.

I think Kyle Orton can be a slightly above-average NFL QB if he had an NFL-quality receiver or two, but if Sanchez were available at #18 and I were the GM, I don't know if I could resist. I'd have a hell of a fight with myself. I think he's going to be someone's amazing franchise QB.

Another year in college is going to do wonders for him. I can see him being the #1 overall next year and making a crappy franchise competitive for years.