PDA

View Full Version : Is Hardy worth it?

JaxJag_1
01-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Is Greg Hardy worth the risk given his great talent but with his character concerns and how good do you think he could be

giantsfan
01-02-2009, 09:22 PM
He could be the best DE in this draft and I love Rak. If he's at the Giants pick and we pass on him for anyone other than a franchise LT and maybe Spikes I'll be pissed. He's worth a top 15 pick for a team in need of a DE.

JaxJag_1
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
So in your opinion how major are his character concerns?

RaiderNation
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Id take him in the 1st round. Highest probably 15. If Oakland trades up in the late 1st to get him Id be very happy.

giantsfan
01-02-2009, 10:46 PM
So in your opinion how major are his character concerns?

They're not very serious, it was more him butting heads with the coaching staff over his injuries than him being a problem. Especially with how high his ceiling is.

01-02-2009, 10:48 PM
He's as talented as anyone eligible at his position. Yes, he's worth it.

JaxJag_1
01-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I love Hardy as a player, IMO he's the best pure 4-3 DE in the draft but I brought this up because of his durability, I've heard he doesn't take coaching well, he isn't always motivated.

giantsfan
01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
I love Hardy as a player, IMO he's the best pure 4-3 DE in the draft but I brought this up because of his durability, I've heard he doesn't take coaching well, he isn't always motivated.

I'm pretty sure all of that coaching issues stuff has to do with him not wanting to wait to let his injuries heal more and fighting with the coaching staff about it. Unless I'm having a major brain fart right now, which would be weird since this is probably the first time I've ever posted on here sober, and that's not a big issue for a guy with his ability.

01-02-2009, 10:55 PM

Yeah, that'll most likely knock him down to the end of the first. He can just as easily jump up draft boards, but I'm skeptical about the whole interview process during the combine. He can always be one of those surprise players you see slip into the second out of nowhere as well however I don't foresee that happening because as you said he's the best pure 4-3 eligible DE in the draft.

Scott Wright
01-02-2009, 11:13 PM
I am as big of a fan of Hardy's as anyone but even I would have reservations about taking him too high. On talent alone he is a Top 10-15 pick but with his character and durability concerns factored in he is probably a late first or second rounder.

giantsfan
01-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I am as big of a fan of Hardy's as anyone but even I would have reservations about taking him too high. On talent alone he is a Top 10-15 pick but with his character and durability concerns factored in he is probably a late first or second rounder.

But couldn't you imagine him working his way back into the top 20, at least, with the combine he should put up and how simply dominant he was when he was on the field.

Don Vito
01-02-2009, 11:23 PM
I think his injury issues are more serious than his character concerns. He really was hampered by his foot this year and his character concerns were really blown out of proportion, he wanted to get on the field but Nutt wanted to let him get fully healthy and Hardy got frusturation.

Menardo75
01-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I think that everything that has happened has probably dropped him to the end of round one. Unless something changes around combine time.

SenorGato
01-03-2009, 03:00 AM
I agree that his character issues are overblown. Like Vito said, the injury issues are more of the issue. If his toes messed up long term, then teams are going to be weary.

I'd love for the Jets to take him.

foozball
01-09-2009, 01:26 AM
yes but even before this season he was suspended 2 games last year for violating team rules (missing meetings and such). seems like he's just immature and very fragile (mentally). hopefully someone can take him under his wing and act as a big brother. perhaps...mario williams?

did you know...

5 career sacks against Alabama (Andre Smith)
4 career sacks against LSU (Ciron Black)
Had a sack in every game against each of those 2

scottyboy
01-09-2009, 08:13 AM
i can see him going to the Lions with their pick from Dallas...