PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Britt

ManOverboard
01-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Setting to announce his decision within the hour via press conference.

I already know he's gone.

I think after combines where he runs a great 40 he's going bottom half of round 1.

What say you draftcountdown?

bearsfan_51
01-03-2009, 11:09 AM
I already know he's gone, I've hung out with him numerous times.

Oooohh...mr.name drop.

I agree with your assessment. I would consider Britt at #18 for the Bears quite frankly. He's my 3rd/4th favorite receiver in the draft along with Hakeem Nicks.

ManOverboard
01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
hahaha i just said it because about a year ago he said unless he has a downright awful year he's gone.

If they let sophomores out he would've left last year...lol.

scottyboy
01-03-2009, 11:14 AM
i need this thread locked until his official announcement so I can make my tearful goodbye!

ManOverboard
01-03-2009, 11:16 AM
It's official:

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=119512635&mid=119512635&sid=988&style=2

Jonny
01-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Next Keyshawn IMO.

Britt runs a 4.5 or so. He will go in the first. He's just as good as the other big name WRs, just didn't get a lot of hub because the team started slow this year.

Britt is the most physical WR in the draft. He plays in a pro-style offense, so he is polished and ready to step in from day one. Amazing player, he can make mediocre QBs look good.

scottyboy
01-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Next Keyshawn IMO.

Britt runs a 4.5 or so. He will go in the first. He's just as good as the other big name WRs, just didn't get a lot of hub because the team started slow this year.

Britt is the most physical WR in the draft. He plays in a pro-style offense, so he is polished and ready to step in from day one. Amazing player, he can make mediocre QBs look good.

haha yea, really. The numbers he put up with Teel are ridiculous.

His size/speed/physicallity alone will grade him extremely high, and the pro-style offense and not being a douche like many other WR's will give him even more of a boost.

ManOverboard
01-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm going on the record as saying 4.47 at the combine for Britt.

And at least a 6'4" height.

Giantsfan1080
01-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I love Kenny Britt. His freshmen year against Navy I said he'd be a 1st round pick and I'm sticking by it. I miss him already in Scarlet Red so he better be in Giants Blue next year.

regoob2
01-03-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm going on the record as saying 4.47 at the combine for Britt.

And at least a 6'4" height.If that's true he'll be a 1st round lock and top 20 likely.

DiG
01-03-2009, 12:35 PM
my honest guess is 4.55 and top 10 in rd 2.

regoob2
01-03-2009, 12:45 PM
my honest guess is 4.55 and top 10 in rd 2.I think that's very likely. He reminds me of Bowe as a prospect. They both run strong.

josh07039
01-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I think that's very likely. He reminds me of Bowe as a prospect. They both run strong.
I think he's faster than Bowe. Both are strong and can break tackles, however, I think Britt has more speed and explosiveness that will make him a great home run threat in the pros.

ManOverboard
01-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Brian leonard ran a 4.52 if I recall or around there. I can't see britt not topping that time. Ill stick by my 4.47 prediction.

BmoreBlackByrdz
01-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Ohhhh!!! Just the type of WR we need in Baltimore. I love seeing the emergence of Britt. Now if Darrius Heyward-Bey doesnt fal to us, we have a plan B in Kenny Britt. or Visa versa.

would anyone agree with me if I was to compare Britts playing style to Arizonas Anquan Boldin? An agressive physical type WR who can take an 8 yard curl route all the way. Someone who will willing go over the middle to make a tough catch. Hes a big guy at 6-4 and I'd love to see him in Baltimore.

giantsfan
01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Ohhhh!!! Just the type of WR we need in Baltimore. I love seeing the emergence of Britt. Now if Darrius Heyward-Bey doesnt fal to us, we have a plan B in Kenny Britt. or Visa versa.

would anyone agree with me if I was to compare Britts playing style to Arizonas Anquan Boldin? An agressive physical type WR who can take an 8 yard curl route all the way. Someone who will willing go over the middle to make a tough catch. Hes a big guy at 6-4 and I'd love to see him in Baltimore.

Britt's got more ability to stretch the field than Boldin and isn't built like a running back. Style wise Britt can do a lot of the things that make Boldin great but he's not as good at them and is better at other things. Plax actually isn't a bad comparison as both have great size while still being able to stretch the field.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Kenny Britt, Devin Hester, and Matt Forte>ALL

ok.. maybe a qb too.

Staubach12
01-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Britt is my #3 WR prospect behind DHB and Crabtree, who are tied for first.

Jonny
01-03-2009, 03:26 PM

Nope. Britt is a downfield thread, Boldin is a possession WR, albeit a very good one. Jump balls are a much bigger part of Britt's game. Britt has a lanky body, Boldin looks stocky (they're like the same weight but Britt is taller). Britt seems a lot faster. Remember, Boldin fell in the draft because of a bad 40 time.

regoob2
01-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Kenny Britt, Devin Hester, and Matt Forte>ALL

ok.. maybe a qb too.Dont forget Olsen.

Monomach
01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
If he really measures out at 6'4" and if he can run between a 4.45 and a 4.52, he's my #2 WR in the draft.

If both of those things happen, I wouldn't even complain if the Bears took him with their first rounder.

I think he's going to have a long and successful pro career making a QB look good.

giantsfan
01-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Nope. Britt is a downfield thread, Boldin is a possession WR, albeit a very good one. Jump balls are a much bigger part of Britt's game. Britt has a lanky body, Boldin looks stocky (they're like the same weight but Britt is taller). Britt seems a lot faster. Remember, Boldin fell in the draft because of a bad 40 time.

Boldin's built like a running back that's why he's so tough after the catch, he's got the power to run people over. Britt is a number one who'll be big in the redzone and can stretch the field.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Dont forget Olsen.

I was too excited thinking about it (sorry G-Reg)

wow...I just wet myself.

JetsFanNick
01-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I think Brits going to be a 1st rounder...no doubt in my mind...I would love to see the Jets take a look at him.

Monomach
01-03-2009, 08:58 PM
I just remembered who Britt reminds me of: Marcus Robinson back before the injuries. He seems to be just a hair slower than Marcus was, but better at coming down with the jump balls.

Another way of putting it is Andre Johnson...just not as good at, well...anything.

Crickett
01-03-2009, 08:59 PM
I just remembered who Britt reminds me of: Marcus Robinson back before the injuries. He seems to be just a hair slower than Marcus was, but better at coming down with the jump balls.

Basically, a poor man's Andre Johnson.

Andre Johnson ran a 4.32.

Monomach
01-03-2009, 09:04 PM

Andre Johnson ran a 4.32.

...and that is why he's a poor man's Andre Johnson, rather than the second coming. I see him as 4.45, jumping not quite as high as Johnson, being not quite as good at catching in traffic, not quite as good at catching when open, not quite as good at body placement between DBs and the ball, and not quite as good at route running.

99.9% of people here would understand that "poor man's Andre Johnson" means that he plays like Andre Johnson, just a little bit worse in every way. Kind of sucks that you would be the 0.1% that never heard the term "poor man's ________" and that you happened to stumble across this thread.

Crickett
01-03-2009, 09:14 PM
99.9% of people here would understand that "poor man's Andre Johnson" means that he plays like Andre Johnson, just a little bit worse in every way. Kind of sucks that you would be the 0.1% that never heard the term "poor man's ________" and that you happened to stumble across this thread.

Really? I'm pretty sure calling someone a "poor man's ________" means he's somewhat similar to the person you're comparing him too, just not as good.

I didn't realize being completely different makes you a "poor man's _______".

I guess this makes Derrius Haywood Bey a poor man's Shawn Merriman.

Yeah, it makes no sense, but who cares, right?

Monomach
01-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Really? I'm pretty sure calling someone a "poor man's ________" means he's somewhat similar to the person you're comparing him too, just not as good.

He's a large, physical receiver with soft hands and downfield threat speed who is very good with jump balls. How is that not in any way similar to Andre Johnson?

...and yes, "poor man's __" means a similar, but worse version of. Otherwise it would be "ZOMG HE'S AN ANDRE JOHNSON CLONEZZZZZ."

You're like a poor man's Matt Millen, I guess.

Crickett
01-03-2009, 09:28 PM
He's a large, physical receiver with soft hands and downfield threat speed who is very good with jump balls.

And how many receivers can you make this claim for in the NFL? Or in college football? Doesn't make em all poor man's best receiver in the NFL.

Monomach
01-03-2009, 09:29 PM
And how many receivers can you make this claim for in the NFL? Or in college football? Doesn't make em all poor man's best receiver in the NFL.
Not nearly as many as you make it out to be.

giantsfan
01-03-2009, 11:06 PM

http://importantshock.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/tactical-face-palm.jpg