PDA

View Full Version : Davis just added

KILLERSANTA
03-04-2007, 09:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787446

What do you guys think?

If it's to play RG, I'm really happy.....If it's for RT, I'm not happy or Not mad....

cowboyz
03-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Davis' contract is expected to exceed the free agent deals of Bills guard Derrick Dockery (7 years, $49 million) and Browns guard Eric Steinbach (7 years, $49.5 million).

no way this part is true

Modano
03-04-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm satisfied, I just hope Jerry hasn't throw a ton of money.. I want him to play guard, now we can finally generate some push in the middle..

KILLERSANTA
03-04-2007, 09:53 AM
"If davis is are RT

We must draft BOTH Blaylock and Rameriz to start next year.

Why?

Because to me it sure seems that Jerry wants that Big Overpowering Line with what we payed Gurode and the attention we are giving Davis.

So why not get Mauler's at every position and run it 40-50 times a game?

Just wear the defense's out. Make it plain and simple. We are going to run it and we dare you to stop it.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kosier did a good job last year, but he is not a road-grader, so we must move on."

this was on a different forum...I must say, He may be Right

SeanTaylorRIP
03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm satisfied, I just hope Jerry hasn't throw a ton of money.. I want him to play guard, now we can finally generate some push in the middle..

lol did u read the post above yours, I may hate the cowboys but for their sake hopefully that isn't true.

Macarthur
03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
We can't afford to cut ties with Kosier. And if Columbo isn't back, Kosier might just play RT.

If he does get $50m, I'm am very surprised. I'm also not going to be happy if this signing makes it more difficult for us to bring Columbo back.

thule
03-04-2007, 02:05 PM
I really think our line would benefit from allowing Davis to play LG and moving Koiser to the right side. I know this might be getting repetive from me but point is...it would be so much easier to get a yard when your running behind 1000 lbs of lineman on the left side. This would also allow davis to get to the next level and allow koiser to pull, which is arguably when he is at his best, and kick out the DT. This just makes a lot of sense to me. I want to see it done.

Dave
03-04-2007, 02:11 PM
I really think our line would benefit from allowing Davis to play LG and moving Koiser to the right side. I know this might be getting repetive from me but point is...it would be so much easier to get a yard when your running behind 1000 lbs of lineman on the left side. This would also allow davis to get to the next level and allow koiser to pull, which is arguably when he is at his best, and kick out the DT. This just makes a lot of sense to me. I want to see it done.

I like your thinking, + rep for you.

TNewFan41
03-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Yo, is it offical yet? I can't find any links......

DMWSackMachine
03-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I have to say, this does not make me very happy. I have seen nothing out of him that makes me think he deserves a big time contract. If it is somewhere in the 3-4mil per season range, then I'm not too upset, but if it's a big time money contract, I will be very pissed off.

DMWSackMachine
03-04-2007, 04:13 PM
holy ****! 7 years, 49.6mil with 18.75mil guaranteed according to espn.com.....this is devastating. Please, someone say it's not true.

TNewFan41
03-04-2007, 04:17 PM
DMW your back!!!!!!!!!

But you shouldn't be pissed, you should be happy. Leonard Davis is a pro-bowl caliber lineman. He was probably tired of losing in Arizona. Look at Thomas Jones, Bernard Berry, and Simeon Rice, all players who blossomed after leaving Arizona, where they were labeled as high draft pick busts, like D-Unit mentioned. I expect the same out Leonard Davis. He will be a pro-bowl STARTER in 2007, mark it down. Now if we get Colombo done, and draft another lineman on day 1, we are SB bound BABY!!!!!

thule
03-04-2007, 04:18 PM
holy ****! 7 years, 49.6mil with 18.75mil guaranteed according to espn.com.....this is devastating. Please, someone say it's not true.

A little under 20 mill for 7 years isn't bad. I wonder how much he got up front.

TNewFan41
03-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Now get Colombo done.

D-Unit
03-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovin' It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Contract!!! Way better than I had imagined. We're talking about a guy that can play OT in a snap! We got a steal!

Paul
03-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Good. He better be our RG. I don't want a whole bunch of switching and flip-flopping of positions on the O-line to be honest. Now does this effect dealing with Colombo any. I mean think of this:

LT: Flozell Adams
LG: Kyle Kosier
C: Andre Gurode
RG: Leonard Davis
RT: Marc Colombo

JoeMontainya
03-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovin' It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Contract!!! Way better than I had imagined. We're talking about a guy that can play OT in a snap! We got a steal!

was that sarcasm?

D-Unit
03-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Another option:

LT Flozell Adams
LG Kyle Kosier
C Andre Gurode
RG Marco Rivera
RT Leonard Davis

D-Unit
03-04-2007, 04:29 PM
was that sarcasm?
Most certainly not. Davis was my #1 FA target when FA opened.

reigle9
03-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Why do you guys like the contract so much? You do realize he got more guaranteed money than the three other guards don't you?

I just hate how much above average guards are getting this year.

I'm hoping he gets the bulk of his signing bonus during the first three years so we won't still be taking cap hits years after he's gone.

Paul
03-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Another option:

LT Flozell Adams
LG Kyle Kosier
C Andre Gurode
RG Marco Rivera
RT Leonard Davis

::Insert crying Smiley here::

Do you really think Marco should be back.

DMWSackMachine
03-04-2007, 04:43 PM
This might seem like an odd question, but just hear me out:

HAVE YOU GUYS LOST YOUR MINDS!?

D-Unit
03-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Why do you guys like the contract so much? You do realize he got more guaranteed money than the three other guards don't you?

I just hate how much above average guards are getting this year.

I'm hoping he gets the bulk of his signing bonus during the first three years so we won't still be taking cap hits years after he's gone.
He only got $100,000 more. If you wanna get technical, you're right... He got more. It's basically on par with the rest of the market.

D-Unit
03-04-2007, 04:49 PM
This might seem like an odd question, but just hear me out:

HAVE YOU GUYS LOST YOUR MINDS!?
Do you just not like the signing because of the money? Or do you not like him as a player?

The money is the market rate. If you don't like him as a Guard, then we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's crazy to want a guy like him to play Guard. If not him, who do you prefer?

TNewFan41
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
He is a great player when he wants to be, and he will blossom in Dallas. He will only IMPROVE our o-line. Now if we get Colombo done, I will scream like a little girl.

Here is the official article of the signing:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=1F01C240-E13D-636F-2CE93F54D851A423

(Note: Spagnola mentioned the deal to Colombo is still on the table)

Ward
03-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Let all these moron Giants/Skins/Eagles fans laugh now. When their DTs are getting mauled by a 6'7" 370 pound man-beast on a regular basis, they'll shut up. They're the kings of free agent busts anyway.

Modano
03-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Let all these moron Giants/Skins/Eagles fans laugh now. When their DTs are getting mauled by a 6'7" 370 pound man-beast on a regular basis, they'll shut up. They're the kings of free agent busts anyway.

That's exactly what I think. Giants fans saying they're happy because we get Davis. I think they'll cry when Davis will pull their bad DTs all around the field

703SKINS202
03-05-2007, 01:36 AM
That's exactly what I think. Giants fans saying they're happy because we get Davis. I think they'll cry when Davis will pull their bad DTs all around the field

this is a nice pickup, seeing how u waited and got probably the better gaurd in the fa with more potential and back at his home state, all for around the same price as steinbach and dockery who i dont think will be as good, congrats

Modano
03-05-2007, 01:49 AM
The problem with Davis is that is vulnerable to speed rusher. This problem disappear now because he will play inside. This is the reason why right now i'm big fan of Davis' signing...

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 01:59 AM
this is a nice pickup, seeing how u waited and got probably the better gaurd in the fa with more potential and back at his home state, all for around the same price as steinbach and dockery who i dont think will be as good, congrats
It's a breath a fresh air to see a rival fan say something like that. It's hard to predict who will do better, but the compliment is rare. I can respect you for that.