PDA

View Full Version : Ndamukong Suh

D-Unit
01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Is Ndamukong Suh the best DL nobody has heard of? thule recently turned me onto him, but the more I find, the more I think he's about to rise up the boards.

Who has seen him, what do you like and dislike about him and where does he project to be drafted.

Right now, I'm lovin' this guy. Keep the hype down please. ;)

djp
01-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Is Ndamukong Suh the best DL nobody has heard of? thule recently turned me onto him, but the more I find, the more I think he's about to rise up the boards.

Who has seen him, what do you like and dislike about him and where does he project to be drafted.

Right now, I'm lovin' this guy. Keep the hype down please. ;)

I'm pretty sure he said he was going back to school.

CashmoneyDrew
01-03-2009, 10:57 PM
He ****** up Clemson pretty well. So well that my dad even took note of him and remembered his name. He'll definitely be in the Titans sights if we lost Haynesworth.

CashmoneyDrew
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm pretty sure he said he was going back to school.

So did Donald Brown though.

giantsfan
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
He's a first rounder next year and likely to be a stud at the next level. If he comes out I think he could leapfrog Marks and battle McCoy and Raji for the top DT spot.

JaxJag_1
01-03-2009, 11:03 PM
He's a stud

Scott Wright
01-03-2009, 11:04 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this guy.

It will be interesting to see if he comes out. Sounds like he wants to go back but it will be tough to top the season he just had. Plus he was awesome in the Gator Bowl.

If he does come out he has a chance to be one of the Top 3 defensive tackles.

He could even compete for the top spot...

giantsfan
01-03-2009, 11:09 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this guy.

It will be interesting to see if he comes out. Sounds like he wants to go back but it will be tough to top the season he just had. Plus he was awesome in the Gator Bowl.

copying my posts scooter? :p

He's a first rounder next year and likely to be a stud at the next level. If he comes out I think he could leapfrog Marks and battle McCoy and Raji for the top DT spot.

D-Unit
01-04-2009, 02:45 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this guy.

I said keep the hype DOWN! haha... Guess there's no shot at the Cowboys landing him in Round 2. :(

I do think he declares... He's on the fence right now.

thule
01-04-2009, 04:31 AM
He definately could be there in the 2nd round. The big thing with him is if he "actually" declares.

But although he had that good production on the field...he shouldn't measure anything off the charts....he is pretty average in his skill set...he relies on his shedding ability in the hole which isn't exactly a perfect thign teams look for when projecting a prospect. With average workouts he is probably a 2nd rounder. With the disappointment of the DT class in this draft....if he doesn't leap frog i would say 2nd round is likely actually. He is going to need solid workouts to go into the first...and some fellow DT's to go higher than they warrant.

Pokeys
01-04-2009, 05:32 AM
The DeMarcus Ware of 2009 lol... Ware's don't come along that often. Yet it looks like a reincarnation is set for 2009? funny stuff...

Nuttin but love for Sapp.

I've had Suh pegged as a first rounder for next 2010 for some time now. Nice to see him getting some recognition.

princefielder28
01-04-2009, 11:22 AM
The hype on him is down on this site but the scouts and talent evaluators surely know his name. People will be all of him, just give it time like all the other prospects.

CantStopGregJones
01-04-2009, 11:35 AM
He's a stud thats for sure. He's worlds better than any DT in this class and I like him more than Glen Dorsey or last year.....then again I thought Dorsey was the most overrated player in the draft. He's not, h owever, even the best Junior DT as I still think Vince Oshobaase has a boat load of potential if he ever had talent around him.

princefielder28
01-04-2009, 11:47 AM
He's a stud thats for sure. He's worlds better than any DT in this class and I like him more than Glen Dorsey or last year.....then again I thought Dorsey was the most overrated player in the draft. He's not, h owever, even the best Junior DT as I still think Vince Oshobaase has a boat load of potential if he ever had talent around him.

You consider him a better player than BJ Raji?

keylime_5
01-04-2009, 11:56 AM
He was set on returning to Nebrasks for one more year, but after the Gator bowl he said he was gonna rethink his decision before saying for sure if he's gonna come back. I think he should be the top DT if he does declare with his size and upside. He'll give Raji a run for his money at least.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Can someone type his name in phonetics, please. lol. I watched the game the other day but they kept saying his first name too fast.

Much appreciated

gutman54
01-05-2009, 02:00 AM
it's like..in-dom-a-kun..or indominate..either way..either way

SuperKevin
01-05-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm just going to refer to him as Donkey Kong Suh.

gutman54
01-05-2009, 02:12 AM
oh and other prospects from nebraska who I think need to get a little more of a look:
Zac Potter DE-Great motor, great size, overlooked all year.
Ty Steinkuhler DT-name says it all, dominated all season but was overlooked as he plays the same pos. as Suh
Nate Swift WR-great, underrated receiver. set records and returned punts very well. great hands, more athletic than he may seem
Marlon Lucky RB-may not have had the senior season he hoped, but always seemed to me to fit better in a pro offense, can catch, and is more of a pro style runner. may not have break away speed, but will get you the yards you need and will be very dependable catching balls out of the backfield. part of the reason stats may be down is the move to more of a spread attack
Matt Slauson G-already on scotts list of guards, but is still more dominant than they have him projected
Lydon Murtha T-the offense struggled until he came in in the early part of the season. dominated with matt slauson on the right side of the line.
Joe Ganz QB-can say with no doubt in my mind he is THE SMARTEST QB in the college game. may not have ideal size/arm strength, but makes good decisions and can carry a play with his feet. sometimes takes a risk, but he cut his interceptions and was overshadowed by the other QB's in the Big 12 who had much better recievers to go to. Can adjust and may make a better coach than palyer, and I think the only way to play is if he signs as a free agent. if he was 1-3 inches taller this guy would be being talked about as a 1st day pick because of his brains and ability to make throws.

i may be a bit of a nebraska homer but i believe that these guys should still get looks. also look for more defensive players to be getting looks as Bo is our new head coach, and it is proven that he can prepare players for after college, if they play pro or not.

bwillie26
01-05-2009, 03:49 AM
I said keep the hype DOWN! haha... Guess there's no shot at the Cowboys landing him in Round 2. :(

I do think he declares... He's on the fence right now.

I was thinking the same thing, but his mother let it be known to Husker fans that she has basically forbid him from even thinking about it because she wants him to get his engineering degree. I think he's gonna file the paperwork to get a better idea of what he needs to work on, but he will not declare.

Plus Suh knows he can make about $20 million more guaranteed if he comes back and progresses like he should under Pelini. The biggest flaw and actually the most intriguing thing about Suh is that he is completely raw in his development. Physically he is a man, but fundamentally he is still a baby.

But I've said it on other parts of this board that Suh got completely overlooked for AA status this year. He was completely dominant beyond words at the end of the season. Defense completely keyed off his dominance inside and it changed our team toward the end of the year. A defensive line that had trouble getting pressure did not suffer from that problem anymore once it started to click for Suh.

HUGE 300 pounder. But at the same time he is very lean. Huge arms that look like legs. Could easily project at DE in a 3-4 defense due to his athleticism.

If you want a display of his athleticism look at the Colorado game when he picks off a pass from Cody Hawkins. He rumbles about 40 yards, stiff arms Hawkins into the turf and scores. Pretty nimble.

Also had a pick six again against SJSU. A wide receiver from SJSU was on his heels almost the entire way but was not able to catch Suh as he took it back about 60 yards for a TD.

He also plays some fullback for us on occasion. Caught a TD pass against Kansas playing fullback as well. He actually looked pretty good catching the pass as well. Normally a big guy would catch the ball with his body, but Suh caught it out in front of him with his hands and ran it in.

Big_Pete
01-05-2009, 05:22 AM
If Ndamukong Suh does declare, there is almost no chance of him being on the table after round one. He will be certainly in the mix to be the first DT drafted.

DT is a premium position and the DT class is not that strong this year nor is the DT free agent class.

I can see "better" LB, S, OT, WR and even DE prospects going after the top DTs due to the depth and quality of talent in those classes (ie the "we can get a good one later" idea)

Cigaro
01-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Suh is a beast.

Gay Ork Wang
01-05-2009, 06:54 AM
i want Donkey Kong on my team!

Is he more of a NT or UT?

OneToughGame
01-05-2009, 07:56 AM
i want Donkey Kong on my team!

Is he more of a NT or UT?

Hybrid :eek: J/k, I haven't seen much of Suh, but the little I have I really like him. I would love to see a NFL team use him like the Pats used Vrable at the goal line to score lol.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks gutman, but I have a feeling he'll now be called Donkey Kong.

D-Unit
01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Damn, I unintentionally started the hype bandwagon...

Did you guys already forget about Gerald McCoy?

giantsfan
01-05-2009, 12:41 PM

It's between McCoy, Suh and Raji for the top DT slot.

derza222
01-05-2009, 01:17 PM

Is McCoy expected to declare because of the weak DT class or are people mostly just speculating about how high he would go if he did come out?

gutman54
01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
dang..maybe like chad johnso..i mean ochocinco, he should change his first name to donkey kong..he needs a little side-kick if that happens though

Solomon
01-06-2009, 12:05 AM

You might've started the bandwagon but I've been raving about this guy for two years :P

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1785&page=2&highlight=ndamukong

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16152&highlight=ndamukong

TACKLE
01-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Suh is going to be a sick 3-4 DE prosepct. Size, strength and pass rushing ability. I could see the Pats taking this guy in Round 1. Sorry D-Unit.

soybean
01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Nebraska fans were raving about this guy 2 years ago. He struggled mightily against USC too, and that was the game (only game) that put Kristopher O'dowd on the map.

bitonti
01-06-2009, 01:18 PM
assuming mccoy and cody stay in school and suh comes out

raji
jerry
suh

top 3 DT

JMO

Paranoidmoonduck
01-06-2009, 07:43 PM
I think that Suh is a guy who could jump ahead of Jerry during workouts because he has a much more physically impressive frame. I really like what I've seen of Jerry this year and if he manages some sort of Sedrick Ellis performance at the Senior Bowl then all bets are off, but I think Suh should be a tad more impressive at the combine/pro days.

gutman54
01-12-2009, 10:17 PM
suh isn't going pro..which is great for Nebraska, and more importantly, good for him. But Scott, just wondering, what are your thoughts on Joe Ganz. I know, I know, I'm a homer, but he is probably one of the smarter quarterbacks out there. But do brains ever outweigh physical gifts?

Mr. Stiller
01-13-2009, 12:47 AM
If Suh declared he wouldn't fall to round 2.

He's really the only elite possible talented 3-4 DE in this class IF he declares.

Especially with no word from McCoy, Odrick and Jones going back to school.

When you figure... Dallas, Pittsburgh and Arizona at the tail end of the draft (Is zona still going 3-4?). They all need DE's. Zona' picked a few up last year.

But Dallas has a weak DL, and Pittsburgh is suffering from Age.

I would love Suh as the WDE and a guy like Odrick as the SDE .

Scott Wright
01-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Could be a mistake...

He is not going to top the season he just had and there will be A LOT more competition next year (i.e. Gerald McCoy, Marvin Austin, etc.)

gutman54
01-15-2009, 09:16 AM
If, and this is only an if statement, he has a better year next year than he did this year, where will he go Scott?

Ha ha, and what about my Ganz question?

sporzy
01-15-2009, 09:35 AM
If, and this is only an if statement, he has a better year next year than he did this year, where will he go Scott?

Ha ha, and what about my Ganz question?

If Suh plays well next year (like he did in the bowl game) then he'll have a shot at the top half of the first round, if not top 10. Bo Pelini got Glenn Dorsey up there, I expect the same from Suh.

As for Ganz, I'm just as big of a homer as you...I think he's a smart, athletic QB who is a gamer. Best comparison? Jeff Garcia. Similar size, athleticism, and both have mediocre arms. I think he's a 7th round pick at best, more likely a camp invite...he'll have to impress someone a LOT to stick.

gutman54
01-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I would say I agree with that assessment. If he was a few inches taller we'd be talking about him up with all the other guys, though if he doesn't make it as a player, which I hope he does, his career might be best in the coaching ranks. He could make a heckuva O-coordinator, and if Wats needed a new QB coach, he could turn to Ganzy boy first thing.

sporzy
01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I would say I agree with that assessment. If he was a few inches taller we'd be talking about him up with all the other guys, though if he doesn't make it as a player, which I hope he does, his career might be best in the coaching ranks. He could make a heckuva O-coordinator, and if Wats needed a new QB coach, he could turn to Ganzy boy first thing.

I could see Ganz as a coach for sure. He's got that Major Applewhite quality to him haha. He or even Zac Taylor would make real good offensive coaches in a couple years.

One of the big 3 at QB for Nebraska next year (Cody Green, Patrick Witt or Zac Lee) could be candidates for the NFL, however. All fit the prototype (bigger than Ganz, big time arms)

bwillie26
01-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Could be a mistake...

He is not going to top the season he just had and there will be A LOT more competition next year (i.e. Gerald McCoy, Marvin Austin, etc.)

His momma was not gonna let him go regardless. She wanted him to get the degree and told everyone at the bowl game she was not going to allow him to go. She was hell bent on Suh getting his engineering degree.

But I don't get why people act like Suh is below McCoy and especially Austin ..

Marvin Austin - 38 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 5 QBH, 1 blocked kick

Gerald McCoy - 30 tackles, 11 TFL, 6.5 sacks, 1 INT, 2 QBH

Ndamukong Suh - 76 tackles, 19 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 2 INTs (both returned for TDs), 7 QBH, 1 FF, 2 blocked kicks, 1 receiving TD

I could even talk about the talent standpoint and how Suh is the focal point of constant double teams thanks to our lack of talent, but I'm pretty sure his stats and how they obliterate the other two players speak for themselves.

And I still do not get how Suh was not a 1st Team All American.

Mr. Stiller
01-15-2009, 11:53 PM
His momma was not gonna let him go regardless. She wanted him to get the degree and told everyone at the bowl game she was not going to allow him to go. She was hell bent on Suh getting his engineering degree.

But I don't get why people act like Suh is below McCoy and especially Austin ..

Marvin Austin - 38 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 5 QBH, 1 blocked kick

Gerald McCoy - 30 tackles, 11 TFL, 6.5 sacks, 1 INT, 2 QBH

Ndamukong Suh - 76 tackles, 19 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 2 INTs (both returned for TDs), 7 QBH, 1 FF, 2 blocked kicks, 1 receiving TD

I could even talk about the talent standpoint and how Suh is the focal point of constant double teams thanks to our lack of talent, but I'm pretty sure his stats and how they obliterate the other two players speak for themselves.

And I still do not get how Suh was not a 1st Team All American.

Perhaps potential.. Austin is a True Soph and McCoy is a rSoph. Suh is a Jr. I'm just thinking that they show "Better intangibles" and look to have a high ceiling.

I'd take Suh first.. but then again I'm a 3-4 Guy.

Brent
01-15-2009, 11:57 PM
What a great name; an announcer's worst nightmare.

bwillie26
01-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Perhaps potential.. Austin is a True Soph and McCoy is a rSoph. Suh is a Jr. I'm just thinking that they show "Better intangibles" and look to have a high ceiling.

I'd take Suh first.. but then again I'm a 3-4 Guy.

Suh's biggest problem right now is he has no refined technique. It was some scouts biggest flaw with him who watched him earlier in the season. He has gotten some horrible coaching to this point in his career.

Right now Suh manages to kill people with a whole lot of strength, agility and speed. And dang, he does that at a really high level.

Mr. Stiller
01-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Suh's biggest problem right now is he has no refined technique. It was some scouts biggest flaw with him who watched him earlier in the season. He has gotten some horrible coaching to this point in his career.

Right now Suh manages to kill people with a whole lot of strength, agility and speed. And dang, he does that at a really high level.

Yeah, but when a coach/GM see's how dominant a player is without refined technique, and looking at the quality of the coaching staff (Colts/Steelers/NE/etc or Oak/DET/etc).... They can successfully determine if that player could be better run.

And with a guy like Suh as raw as he is and as physical as he is, not even mentioning his athleticism and agility... he's a guy that coaches will love.

Austin and McCoy have bright futures, but they have 1/2 of the puzzle, the potential.

Suh not only has that but he also has ridiculous production.

D-Unit
01-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Could be a mistake...

I hope he's available for the Cowboys at the 32nd pick. ;)

SuperKevin
01-16-2009, 01:00 AM
I hope he's available for the Cowboys at the 32nd pick. ;)

Already foreseeing a trade with Buffalo I see