PDA

View Full Version : Skins

Macarthur
03-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Any of you guys think Fletcher & Smoot are worth $50m?

SeanTaylorRIP
03-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Every single team in the NFL is overpaying their players so it doesn't bother me, and are you trying to give justification for giving 50+ to Leonard Davis. None of the signings in Free Agency have shocked me, higher cap, teams have money and not many good players available so lower tier guys are getting millions more than they deserve.

KILLERSANTA
03-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Every single team in the NFL is overpaying their players so it doesn't bother me, and are you trying to give justification for giving 50+ to Leonard Davis. None of the signings in Free Agency have shocked me, higher cap, teams have money and not many good players available so lower tier guys are getting millions more than they deserve.

agree..............No one is overpaying.................This is just how much people are worth, with the cap this high....

21ST
03-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Any of you guys think Fletcher & Smoot are worth $50m?

sure why not

Macarthur
03-04-2007, 10:21 AM
First, I am not justifying $50m to Leonard. I like him and I'm glad he's coming, but I think that's too much.

Fletcher is a nice player, but Smoot has been awful the last couple of years.

LSUALUM99
03-04-2007, 10:22 AM
By definition, all FA's are overpaid. Since they virtually always go to the highest bidder that means that every other contract thrown at them is lower. Going to the highest bidder means that 31 other teams think your value is lower. If only one team is bidding, it's the same.

So, by defintion ALL FA's ARE OVERPAID

SeanTaylorRIP
03-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Another big factor is that people don't understand the actual contracts, just as Nate Clements will never see 80 million. I obviously don't know Leonard Davis's contract details but he won't really see 50+ million. Just like Fred Smoot sure 5 years 25 looks bad but he probably will only see 10 million of that if he doesn't reach incentives and since very little is guaranteed we can eventually cut him to save money so basically the deal is 3 years 12 million.

LSUALUM99
03-04-2007, 10:36 AM
The contract size doesn't matter, it's the amount of guranteed money that matters.

D-Unit
03-04-2007, 01:26 PM
50M is fine. Davis can play every position along the OL outside of Center. With Dockery and Steinbach getting 49M, 50M is better than I expected.