PDA

View Full Version : OT William Beatty, UConn

D-Unit
01-04-2009, 01:26 PM
6-6, 310 LT prospect paved the way for Donald Brown... could he be drafted as high as the 2nd round ahead of Loadholt and Kropog? He got a Senior Bowl invite and won first team Big East All-Offense.

SuperKevin
01-04-2009, 02:29 PM
There's already a discussion for him in the scouting report section

I think he could be this years Duane Brown in the fact that he suddenly rises up into the 1st round based on strong workouts. I think the fact that he's proved he can handle speed rushers(shut down Selvie for 2 years) will be huge for him

Babylon
01-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Again i say this years O-line crop may be the best ever.

the decider13
01-04-2009, 02:37 PM
I agree...the depth at Oline is crazy this year. There are so many guys pegged as 1st and 2nd rounders.

01-04-2009, 02:45 PM
He should battle it out with recently declared Britton for top spot in the second tier of offensive tackles after the big four.

princefielder28
01-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Beatty has athleticism and does a nice job at LT, but he still has some work to do in the rushing game. Yeah I know he's paved the way for Donald Brown but Beatty needs to work on his strength and technique when it comes to the run blocking.

I would take Kropog over him but would select Beatty before Loadholt.

Right now I have him slotted at the #8 OT.

Iamcanadian
01-04-2009, 09:06 PM
He's the #4 senior OT according to Mike Mayock so round 2 sounds about right to me.

Number 10
01-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't see it with him, not right away anyway. Yes his feet/quickness/speed are top notch. But he lacks a power game and his technique is horrendous. That will be an issue in the NFL. He is a developmental prospect that could make an impact for a zone blocking team right away but even that would be in question. I think he'll be a 3rd rounder.

Forenci
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
He's amazing. I loved getting a chance to watch him here (I go to UConn).

I really think he'll end up being a premier tackle for some team in the NFL. Tremendous pass blocker. He does lack some physical intensity with run blocking but he still did a superb job blocking for Donald Brown this year.

Which reminds me, whoever gets Donald Brown will also get a steal. Absolutely beast who lives in the weight room. His leg power and explosiveness really reminds me of Maurice Jones Drew. He can lift more than a lot of our offensive linemen too. Squats over 600 pounds and benches well over 300 pounds.