PDA

View Full Version : CJ Gable, RB -- USC

soybean
01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
looks like he's leaning towards declaring because he's unhappy with his situation.

Where do you see him going? I say 4th round. He's got decent quickness and plays with agile and a bit of shiftyness; probably won't time well but he plays fast.

He catches the ball out of the backfield well but he needs to learn to hold onto the ball. I actually think he can be a steal in the 4th or 5th.

"I don't know what I'm going to do now," said Gable, who is considering making himself eligible for the NFL draft despite not applying for an early draft evaluation. "I might leave. I might do something else."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/gable-going-johnson-2272064-didn-sanchez

Zyro_1014
01-04-2009, 07:55 PM
leaving this year would prolly make himself a pick somewhere on the 2nd day. He hasnt done anything yet to make him go any sooner.

Menardo75
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Late rounder nothing more.

JRTPlaya21
01-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Horrible move.

PACKmanN
01-04-2009, 08:04 PM
can't he transfer to a smaller school?

Bruce Banner
01-04-2009, 08:08 PM
you know what the real ***** about this situation is?

I told everyone (not on this site) that all of these top recruits would regret going to USC and being stuck behind all of the talent already there.

and it looks like Gable is getting screwed for that exact reason.

Zyro_1014
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM

I told everyone (not on this site) that all of these top recruits would regret going to USC and being stuck behind all of the talent already there.

yeah, he could go anywhere else and prolly be a starter. Truth of the matter is...he just isnt as good as Johnson and McKnight.

soybean
01-04-2009, 08:12 PM

I told everyone (not on this site) that all of these 4 and 5 star kids would regret going to USC and being stuck behind all of that talent.

yeah allan bradford only played in the first 2 games.

if gable leaves that'll be moody, gable, green.

they still have tyler, mcknight and johnson but even three is too much. I was never a fan of the running back by committee. the only good thing is that usc prevented other schools from getting those top recruits, which sucks for the players themselves but they dug their grave now they got to lie in it.

I wish it was just a thunder and lightning combination of mcknight and stafon but i have yet to really see what marc tyler can do.

Zyro_1014
01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
yeah allan bradford only played in the first 2 games.

if gable leaves that'll be moody, gable, green.

they still have tyler, mcknight and johnson but even three is too much. I was never a fan of the running back by committee. the only good thing is that usc prevented other schools from getting those top recruits, which sucks for the players themselves but they dug their grave now they got to lie in it.

I wish it was just a thunder and lightning combination of mcknight and stafon but i have yet to really see what marc tyler can do.

i really hope they give Tyler carries next year because that boy is gonna be an absolute stud.

Bruce Banner
01-04-2009, 08:20 PM
nice take soybean

Smokey Joe
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
It looks like Stafon Johnson is going to return, and Gable will be gone... so that leaves USC with only 91 running backs now. Not to mention they have 28 QB's, and just an overload of talent at other positions as well.

They should send some of that talent down to Northwestern.

Xonraider
01-04-2009, 10:28 PM

They want to compete because they think they can beat all of the competition.

Bruce Banner
01-04-2009, 10:29 PM

well only one ends up being right.

energizerbunny
01-04-2009, 10:32 PM
late round in my opinion, similar situation to what Danny Ware experienced last year.

Zyro_1014
01-04-2009, 10:44 PM

thats what i say everytime someone talks about the RB's there.

How can you tell a guy that has been the best all of his life not to go somewhere because theres too many guys. If you are a good athlete you never doubt yourself, you think you will play no matter what.

santeria531
01-05-2009, 01:12 AM
I thought Gable was SC's best back in terms of versatility. Stafon is a pure RB and McKnight is just Reggie 2.0. I liked how Gable can run inside & outside as well as catch balls out of the backfield, but he does have trouble holding onto the ball. For some reason I see Gable's best work being ahead of him in the NFL, but don't ask me why..... PURELY a gut feeling.

SuperKevin
01-05-2009, 01:20 AM
can't he transfer to a smaller school?

He could but the guy probably feels he's ready to start making a living now and has no plans of getting a degree. Some of these guys are smart enough to realize that even 7th round picks that make the roster make more money than 98% of the workforce.

ThatThereCarGoin200mph
01-05-2009, 01:42 AM
usc's rb situation is a joke these kids must not have anybody advising them on the right thing to do its sad quite frankly and im sure you all think just like i do every signing day, why do all of these idiots go to usc with so many other players already signed at their position its a sick joke, i guess the whole hollywood thing must have an effect or something its sick, as far as gable if he can kill it at the combine you know 4.3 and a nice shuttle time he could be a first day pick, usc's recruiting makes me just as sick as the idiot kids who commit there by the thousands

SuperKevin
01-05-2009, 01:45 AM
usc's rb situation is a joke these kids must not have anybody advising them on the right thing to do its sad quite frankly and im sure you all think just like i do every signing day, why do all of these idiots go to usc with so many other players already signed at their position its a sick joke, i guess the whole hollywood thing must have an effect or something its sick, as far as gable if he can kill it at the combine you know 4.3 and a nice shuttle time he could be a first day pick, usc's recruiting makes me just as sick as the idiot kids who commit there by the thousands

The thing is, he's not guaranteed a Combine invite. He'll likely just have to impress scouts at USC's pro day(which is basically the NFL Combine part 2)

BRAVEHEART
01-05-2009, 01:46 AM

exaggerate much?

Zyro_1014
01-05-2009, 01:58 AM
why do all of these idiots go to usc with so many other players already signed at their position its a sick joke

im gonna say this again....

when you are a good football player/athlete having people at the same position as you isnt going to effect you because in your mind you feel as though you are good enough to beat all those people out. He feels as though hes just as good or better....i can bet that every RB on USC's depth chart had that same mind set going in to USC.

SuperKevin
01-05-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm just mad Marc Tyler didn't follow his dad to UCLA

Saints-Tigers
01-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Joe McKnight could have been teaming with Charles Scott and Ryan Perriloux this year as LSU birngs home another national championship.

Going hang myself now

JLaw45
01-05-2009, 06:46 AM
im gonna say this again....

when you are a good football player/athlete having people at the same position as you isnt going to effect you because in your mind you feel as though you are good enough to beat all those people out. He feels as though hes just as good or better....i can bet that every RB on USC's depth chart had that same mind set going in to USC.

I can understand that feeling fully being a player myself, as long as these guys aren't complaining about the situation once they get there. Some guys go in gung-ho as you said but aren't ready for the possibility that things might not turn out well.

SuperKevin
01-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Anyone stop to think that maybe these players go to USC despite massive depth is because they see year after year that even the backups at USC go pro? Find me another program in the country that can consistently make that claim like USC can. Basically it's a safety net for if you do not "reach your potential". It's a fact that scouts respect Pete Carroll's coaching and judge of talent.

wicket
01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Joe McKnight could have been teaming with Charles Scott and Ryan Perriloux this year as LSU birngs home another national championship.

Going hang myself now

than you'd have the kind of backlfield that i'm always trying to achieve in madden. That + two tall quick receivers = always winning in madden

Zyro_1014
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM

Going hang myself now

yeah because Perriloux was around for such a long time this year.

jj45
01-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Anyone stop to think that maybe these players go to USC despite massive depth is because they see year after year that even the backups at USC go pro? Find me another program in the country that can consistently make that claim like USC can. Basically it's a safety net for if you do not "reach your potential". It's a fact that scouts respect Pete Carroll's coaching and judge of talent.

the u back ups get drafted and many ended starters in the pos frank gore
even jarrett payton got a job in thenfl until they figured out he was terrible.

SuperKevin
01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
the u back ups get drafted and many ended starters in the pos frank gore
even jarrett payton got a job in thenfl until they figured out he was terrible.

Wasn't Frank Gore a starter at Miami until he got hurt?

Zyro_1014
01-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Wasn't Frank Gore a starter at Miami until he got hurt?

yeah, he started in front of Portis and McGahee when he was a freshman! but he couldnt say healthy.

Saints-Tigers
01-05-2009, 04:27 PM
yeah because Perriloux was around for such a long time this year.

Lol, damn, I never realized that, thanks for pointing that out!

Zyro_1014
01-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Lol, damn, I never realized that, thanks for pointing that out!

its all good, he woulda been alright if he had any type of brain lol.

01-05-2009, 04:42 PM
If Chauncey Washington can find his way into the seventh round I don't believe CJ Gable will have any problems doing the same if not any better.

santeria531
01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
If Chauncey Washington can find his way into the seventh round I don't believe CJ Gable will have any problems doing the same if not any better.

That's exactly what I was about to say

urinemonkey
01-06-2009, 09:52 AM

I was hoping the Broncos would take Washington sometime in the late rounds of last year's draft, but they took the perpetually-injured Ryan Torain instead.

Brent
01-06-2009, 10:14 AM

All of us (I went to HS with him) thought that Moody was making a huge mistake in going there.

Isnt this what happens at Miami, too?

And this is why he went to USC, he thought he wouldn't get beat out. What's funny is he says that USC wants California kids to start over kids from other states but I just think he's not as good as he thinks. He shouldn't have de-committed from UT.