PDA

View Full Version : Can Duke Robinson [OU]/ Herman Johnson [LSU] play RT?

JohnCandy
01-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Can Duke Robinson [OU] play RT in the NFL?

Can Herman Johnson [LSU] play RT in the NFL?

Menardo75
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't think either of them have the footwork to play tackle in the NFL. Robinson would have a better shot then Johnson, but at the end of the day they will both be better guards than they are anything.

giantsfan
01-05-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm sure you could put both at RT but they're both going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better at guard.

BeerBaron
01-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Aye, Robinson has the potential to be an elite pro bowl guard with a first round grade. I'd only stick him at RT if I were decimated with injuries or something. Great at pulling, very athletic, very strong....everything you want in an OG.

Johnson is a big mauler who will be a nice road grater for someone at RG. Likey doesn't have the footwork or athleticism to play OT though.....And I personally have him graded as a mid-late 2nd rounder.

giantsfan
01-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Aye, Robinson has the potential to be an elite pro bowl guard with a first round grade. I'd only stick him at RT if I were decimated with injuries or something. Great at pulling, very athletic, very strong....everything you want in an OG.

Johnson is a big mauler who will be a nice road grater for someone at RG. Likey doesn't have the footwork or athleticism to play OT though.....And I personally have him graded as a mid-late 2nd rounder.

Johnson also pulls well, for a man his size he's incredible at pulling, I think he's a high second rounder and a better prospect than Loadholt, Unger, Luigs or any other Olineman not in the big 5 OTs, or named Mack or Robinson.

BeerBaron
01-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Johnson also pulls well, for a man his size he's incredible at pulling, I think he's a high second rounder and a better prospect than Loadholt, Unger, Luigs or any other Olineman not in the big 5 OTs, or named Mack or Robinson.

I do have him ahead of Loadholt and Luigs but I think Unger's versatility will drive him to the top of 2nd round.

giantsfan
01-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I do have him ahead of Loadholt and Luigs but I think Unger's versatility will drive him to the top of 2nd round.

I just can't see Unger being more than a mediocre starter if he's playing OT, inside I feel like Johnson's a lot better of a guard than Unger is at any of his positions and while his versatility is huge, Johnson could be a regular probowl contender inside.

BeerBaron
01-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I just can't see Unger being more than a mediocre starter if he's playing OT, inside I feel like Johnson's a lot better of a guard than Unger is at any of his positions and while his versatility is huge, Johnson could be a regular probowl contender inside.

I think KC and Cincy are teams to watch at the top of the 2nd. I don't see Mack or Unger getting past either of them. Both need help inside and I think Mack's natural C ability and Unger's versatility put him higher on lists.

I also had Herman going to the Bears in the 2nd in my latest mock, so its not like I'm trying to diss him, lol

regoob2
01-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I definetly think Duke could. I wouldnt want Herman out there though.

regoob2
01-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I think KC and Cincy are teams to watch at the top of the 2nd. I don't see Mack or Unger getting past either of them. Both need help inside and I think Mack's natural C ability and Unger's versatility put him higher on lists.

I also had Herman going to the Bears in the 2nd in my latest mock, so its not like I'm trying to diss him, lol
Seriously can you stop posting right before me. :D

giantsfan
01-05-2009, 04:50 PM

I've got Mack ahead of him but I'm just not that high on Unger, I think if mack's off the board teams at the top of round 2 will wait to til the third to grab a luigs or Caldwell.

I definetly think Duke could. I wouldnt want Herman out there though.

I'm sure he could but why waste him at RT?

regoob2
01-05-2009, 04:58 PM
I've got Mack ahead of him but I'm just not that high on Unger, I think if mack's off the board teams at the top of round 2 will wait to til the third to grab a luigs or Caldwell.

I'm sure he could but why waste him at RT?Because he could be a very good RT and RT is a much more important position.

JohnCandy
01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
I thin with Duke's athletic ability he could hold up in OT pass protection and his run blocking against defensive ends on the edge could open things up all day.

giantsfan
01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Because he could be a very good RT and RT is a much more important position.

He could be a good RT, but a dominant guard is so much more valuable than a good RT.

Staubach12
01-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm sure you could put both at RT but they're both going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better at guard.

QFT. Seriously.

DetroitFalcons
01-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Did anybody watch Robinson in the BCS Championship game? Did anyone notice how many times he killed his offenses momentum with penalties? It makes me wonder if he would do that on my team. hmmmm.........

Larry121283
01-09-2009, 10:09 AM
He just played overaggressive in the first half. Yeah, it wasn't good play by him, but I won't throw him down the hallway because of it as a draft prospect.

Iamcanadian
01-09-2009, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=giantsfan;1408769]I've got Mack ahead of him but I'm just not that high on Unger, I think if mack's off the board teams at the top of round 2 will wait to til the third to grab a luigs or Caldwell.

I disagree. Unger will likely be drafted before Mack either near the end of round 1 or early in round 2. In fact Unger has a real shot at impressing people at the combine when they work him out at OC and is a prospect who could rise on draft day.

colts_fan8818
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
He could be a good RT, but a dominant guard is so much more valuable than a good RT.

I agree 100%. Why move someone to a new position where they will merely be good when you can have them at a position where they could be great?