PDA

View Full Version : Best Coverage Linebackers for 3-4

BroadwayJoe10
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
There are a plethora of threads about who the best 34 linebacker or DE is, however I'm not sure who the best pure coverage 34 backer could be.

Darry Bekwith and Jamar Chaney come to mind, but I haven't seen enough of the other top backers in the league. I am very eager to see spikes against Oklahoma.

Don Vito
01-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Mark Herzlich is unbelievable in coverage, but he's probably not declaring unless the Jags situation gets to him.

Babylon
01-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Vito is right about the ability of Herzlich in coverage, probably the best i've ever seen for an outside guy. I actually hope he does come out and would love to see the Pats grab him to play outside so they can leave Adalius Thomas in the middle.

BroadwayJoe10
01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Mark Herzlich is unbelievable in coverage, but he's probably not declaring unless the Jags situation gets to him.

I also wondered that. It's obviously all over ESPN, but it's one of the biggest buzz's here in boston and after the year he had, I wouldn't be too surprised if he left. I'm not too familiar with the sophmore backers this year, but i would have to imagine that he would be one of the top ones off the board next year. This year, the depth in the draft could make him fall a bit.

Babylon
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I also wondered that. It's obviously all over ESPN, but it's one of the biggest buzz's here in boston and after the year he had, I wouldn't be too surprised if he left. I'm not too familiar with the sophmore backers this year, but i would have to imagine that he would be one of the top ones off the board next year. This year, the depth in the draft could make him fall a bit.

Has his name came up in the Boston papers when talking about the whole coaching mess?

I think he could get some love from teams if he came out this year. He'd be a perfect fit for some like Miami, New England and San Diego (if they think Merriman is questionable at all). Next year i don't see why he wouldnt be one of the better LBs so either way he'll go pretty high.