PDA

View Full Version : More 1st rounders...Okla or FL

foozball
01-08-2009, 06:23 PM
With the championship game tonight....which team has more potential 1st rounders? Oklahoma or Florida?

FLA
Percy Harvin
Carlos Dunlap
Major Wright
Brandon Spikes
Joe Haden?
Jermaine Cunningham?

Oklahoma
Sam Bradford
Gerald Mccoy
Trent Williams
Jermaine Gresham
Duke Robinson
Travis Lewis?
Phil Loadholt?

Who else?

CashmoneyDrew
01-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Oklahoma. Don't forget DeMarco Murray.

wicket
01-08-2009, 06:33 PM
on florida side janoris jenkins aaron hernandez and a couple of other young guys but all of that is really premature.
on oklahoma side: only a whole bunch of premature stuff, this actually is quite a senior heavy team

keylime_5
01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
DeMarcus Granger has a shot at round one I suppose.
If Loadholt has a shot at round one (he doesn't) then so does Tebow.

sbh15
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Will Hill could end up like that, Ahmad Black, Deonte Thompson (could end up like Harvin), Brantley (I'm not sure about mechanics, but he's looked good), Carl Johnson (OG, Soph), The Pouncey twins (I don't know about that, but they've been great in college), Torrey Davis and Omar Hunter (DT's) if they produce.

ALL of that is absolute and complete speculation. I don't know anything about the upcoming class. A lot of those guys are way too young to tell. And by no means do I think all of them will be 1st rounders.

Menardo75
01-08-2009, 11:28 PM
OU Bradford, Robinson, Lewis, Granger, McCoy, Gresham, Williams.

Race for the Heisman
01-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Adrian Taylor...

hagy34
01-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Is there any chance Murray comes out this year or is for sure coming back to OU??

Menardo75
01-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Is there any chance Murray comes out this year or is for sure coming back to OU??

No he will stay I don't think you can call him a first round pick yet either I wanna see him be more polished as a running back.

Adrian Taylor...

He had a nice night as well I would say a first day pick but not first round.

A guy that really helped his stock tonight is Chris Brown. He won't be a first rounder, but I think 3rd our 4th round is realistic.

Solomon
01-09-2009, 12:20 AM
For Oklahoma, Jeremy Beal should be a very highly touted prospect in a year or two. Possible first rounder, should be a nice 3-4 OLB.

hagy34
01-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Murray should probably stay just to see if he can stay healthy. His stock couldn't be any lower could it??

Menardo75
01-09-2009, 12:29 AM
For Oklahoma, Jeremy Beal should be a very highly touted prospect in a year or two. Possible first rounder, should be a nice 3-4 OLB.

Absolutely him and English.

toonsterwu
01-10-2009, 08:31 AM
I'd guess Florida right now, but there's so many kids on each side, it's hard to figure. I see maybe 4 or so first rounders on Oklahoma, and I think Florida could top that potentially.

etk
01-10-2009, 10:19 AM
DeMarcus Granger has a shot at round one I suppose.
If Loadholt has a shot at round one (he doesn't) then so does Tebow.

Sure Loadholt does. Gosder Cherilus was a pretty high pick IIRC....

I'm sure you said the same things about Sam Baker and Duane Brown too....

Menardo75
01-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I'd guess Florida right now, but there's so many kids on each side, it's hard to figure. I see maybe 4 or so first rounders on Oklahoma, and I think Florida could top that potentially.

....Like who?

sbh15
01-10-2009, 04:14 PM
....Like who?

Will Hill could end up like that, Ahmad Black, Deonte Thompson (could end up like Harvin), Brantley (I'm not sure about mechanics, but he's looked good), Carl Johnson (OG, Soph), The Pouncey twins (I don't know about that, but they've been great in college), Torrey Davis and Omar Hunter (DT's) if they produce.

ALL of that is absolute and complete speculation. I don't know anything about the upcoming class. A lot of those guys are way too young to tell. And by no means do I think all of them will be 1st rounders.

Those are just a few guesses. Will Hill, Brantley, Johnson, and Hunter are the best bets.

Menardo75
01-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Those are just a few guesses. Will Hill, Brantley, Johnson, and Hunter are the best bets.

I think OU has a bunch more....

Bradford, Williams, Robinson, Lewis, Mccoy, Granger, Reynalds, Gresham, and possibly Murray and Loadholt.

etk
01-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't think Travis Lewis is a first round pick. Longshot at best.

sbh15
01-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I think OU has a bunch more....

Bradford, Williams, Robinson, Lewis, Mccoy, Granger, Reynalds, Gresham, and possibly Murray and Loadholt.

It's hard to say at this point, because while Oklahoma has more guys that you can point out right now, the Florida roster at the moment has most of its best NFL potential red-shirted or seeing limited action. Janoris Jenkins is maybe the only one starting, but he'd have to be Alphonso Smith good to make up for his lack of height.

Menardo75
01-10-2009, 06:44 PM
It's hard to say at this point, because while Oklahoma has more guys that you can point out right now, the Florida roster at the moment has most of its best NFL potential red-shirted or seeing limited action. Janoris Jenkins is maybe the only one starting, but he'd have to be Alphonso Smith good to make up for his lack of height.

Carlos Dunlap is my favorite pro prospect on that team.

sbh15
01-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Carlos Dunlap is my favorite pro prospect on that team.

I think he might be everyone's. He's Mario Williams pt. 2

etk
01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I didn't like it when he got absolutely trucked by Gresham. Looked like he wasn't even trying to hit him...no one wants a soft lineman.

Zyro_1014
01-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I think he might be everyone's. He's Mario Williams pt. 2

hes a freak, the DE class will be pretty good next year with him and Everson Griffen leading the way.