PDA

View Full Version : I am always curious, can the best college football team beat the worst NFL team?

chad72
01-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Has any of you wondered about this?

Could the Florida Gators beat the Detroit Lions?

Your thoughts??

redviper311
01-09-2009, 12:26 PM
LMAO!!!! Of course they can, it's the Lions.

chad72
01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I have heard from several people that the NCAA does not even come close to the NFL and there is a lot of merit to it. My reason to make this thread was because I felt Florida had a lot of potential NFL draftees. While their conditioning may not be the same as NFL athletes, if you gave them each a month to prepare for each other and have a game, I wanted to know if the best college team had a chance.

I would still have to say that the amount of preparation and conditioning at the NFL level is so high that half the Gators may not make it to the NFL. But then, if you can compensate for them with a high level of play from the others that will, I wonder how things will turn out if the Gators played the Lions.

I wanted to say this so that Lions fans do not think I am throwing darts at them, I just wanted to put this in the form of a discussion.

SuperKevin
01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
No. Think about it this way. Even the worst team in football has a roster that has multiple high draft picks from various years while the best college football team at any given time might only have a handful of solid draft picks.

Babylon
01-09-2009, 12:56 PM

No, but i think the Trojans would give them a game.

chad72
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM

No, but i think the Trojans would give them a game.

Why do you think so?

SuperKevin
01-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Why do you think so?

USC plays a pro style game with pro style coaches. The Urban Meyer spread would get smashed when going up against an NFL team.

Bruce Banner
01-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Hell no.

You realize that every NFL team is composed almost fully with drafted talent?

What % of even the best NCAA teams are drafted talent?

Now how many of those players are playing their best football?

Geo
01-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I would say absolutely not.

Even a bad defensive line in the NFL would wreck havoc against college kids.

Smooth Criminal
01-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Not a chance. NFL teams are made up of the best of college football players. Even the best college team doesn't have close to the talent that the worst pro team has.

The Lions are bigger, faster, and stronger than any college team. Any NFL team would just physically outmatch every other team.

captainjack27
01-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Not a chance, not even USC would have a shot.

MaxV
01-12-2009, 11:41 AM
The Lions, as bad as they, would smoke any college team by 30.

RCAChainGang
03-11-2009, 08:05 AM
No.

Every player on the detroit lions is good enough to go pro. So all the players were AT LEAST above-average compared to the rest of their team. So the offense would tear up the inexperienced players and they have more depth. That is my opinion.

Sniper
05-09-2009, 10:41 AM
USC plays a pro style game with pro style coaches. The Urban Meyer spread would get smashed when going up against an NFL team.

Just like people said it would get smashed against SEC defenses...