PDA

View Full Version : Austin Collie

jballa838
01-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Why is NOBODY talking about this guy? 2nd in the nation in recieving, runs great routes, has good speed and has good size. Some return ability too. Where do you guys see him going, since he has declared according to my friend (will check sources, but BYU homers dont lie).
I have him as climbing up into the early third at least.

YAYareaRB
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah it said on the website he's declared. I think he's gonna live or die at the combine. Definitely has good athleticism and some sticky hands. A couple more inches and we'd be talking about 1st round.

SuperKevin
01-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah it said on the website he's declared. I think he's gonna live or die at the combine. Definitely has good athleticism and some sticky hands. A couple more inches and we'd be talking about 1st round.

He's 6'2". How much taller does he have to be?

Babylon
01-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Why is NOBODY talking about this guy? 2nd in the nation in recieving, runs great routes, has good speed and has good size. Some return ability too. Where do you guys see him going, since he has declared according to my friend (will check sources, but BYU homers dont lie).
I have him as climbing up into the early third at least.

If BYU homers lie what happens to them?

I was impressed with Collie in the 4 or 5 games i saw him play this year. Good size at over 6' and 200lbs and runs real nice routes. Let's see how he times and then i would think you would put him in a group with Massaquoi, Cosby, LaFell etc. The usual negative for Mormans is age, i think he is turning 24 this year. i would put him in the sleeper category.

gator3guy
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Yea he took a few years off for a mission

BroadwayJoe10
01-09-2009, 10:21 PM
If BYU homers lie what happens to them?

I was impressed with Collie in the 4 or 5 games i saw him play this year. Good size at over 6' and 200lbs and runs real nice routes. Let's see how he times and then i would think you would put him in a group with Massaquoi, Cosby, LaFell etc. The usual negative for Mormans is age, i think he is turning 24 this year. i would put him in the sleeper category.

The same thing that happens when they masturbate...a kitten dies.

http://www.neonlite.ca/Cute_kitten_eyes.jpg

Babylon
01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
The same thing that happens when the masturbate...a kitten dies.

Bet there's a lot of dead cats around Salt Lake.

BroadwayJoe10
01-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Bet there's a lot of dead cats around Salt Lake.

And surprisingly, a lot of Chinese restaurants.

YAYareaRB
01-10-2009, 11:59 AM
I was surprised at the number of mexicans in Provo.

jballa838
01-10-2009, 12:53 PM
wow really? Kid could end up being the #3 receiver in the draft class, and you hijack this thread into mormon bashing?

YAYareaRB
01-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm actually Mormon myself, hence me knowing alot about the team. I didn't really take any offense to it lol

Babylon
01-10-2009, 01:11 PM
wow really? Kid could end up being the #3 receiver in the draft class, and you hijack this thread into mormon bashing?

Nobody's bashing anyone. It's not like he's Catholic or anything:),I think he's a good receiver but not sure where i'd rank him right now. Somewhere behind:

Crabtree
Macklin
Harvin
Bey
Britt

princefielder28
01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Here's my top 10 WRs

1. Michael Crabtree | Texas Tech*
2. Jeremy Maclin | Missouri*
3. Darius Heyward-Bey | Maryland*
4. Kenny Britt | Rutgers*
5. Hakeem Nicks | North Carolina*
6. Brian Robiskie | Ohio State
7. Austin Collie | BYU*
8. Jarett Dillard | Rice
9. Marko Mitchell | Nevada
10. Brandon Gibson | Washington State

He could be a late 2nd round pick.....

Babylon
01-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Here's my top 10 WRs

2. Darius Heyward-Bey | Maryland*
3. Kenny Britt | Rutgers*
4. Hakeem Nicks | North Carolina*
5. Brian Robiskie | Ohio State
6. Austin Collie | BYU*
7. Jarett Dillard | Rice
8. Marko Mitchell | Nevada
9. Brandon Gibson | Washington State
10. Juaquin Iglesias | Oklahoma

I like that list, wouldnt mind seeing Massaquoi in there somewhere. Percy Harvin?

princefielder28
01-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I like that list, wouldnt mind seeing Massaquoi in there somewhere. Percy Harvin?

Harvin hasn't declared yet but he'd likely slid into the fourth/fifth spot...I also have to throw Maclin in there too

I'm not as high on Massaquoi as some others but he definitely makes into my Top 15 so he's not that far off.

Menardo75
01-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I could easily see late third round.

jballa838
01-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm actually Mormon myself, hence me knowing alot about the team. I didn't really take any offense to it lol
I did take offense either, but the topic got hijacked.

Menardo75
01-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Some peoples kids I tell you.

etk
01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Here's my top 10 WRs

2. Jeremy Maclin | Missouri*
3. Darius Heyward-Bey | Maryland*
4. Kenny Britt | Rutgers*
5. Hakeem Nicks | North Carolina*
6. Brian Robiskie | Ohio State
7. Austin Collie | BYU*
8. Jarett Dillard | Rice
9. Marko Mitchell | Nevada
10. Brandon Gibson | Washington State

That's a pretty good list, I'd have to agree. 6-8 is right for Collie....I'd have him ahead of Robiskie personally, but it's close.

Late 2nd is about right. Last year he would've gone higher, but this year is deeper and more talented at the top.

Honestly, he reminds me of Jordyzz with better athletic ability and less size. I get the same vibe when I see him run routes.

Primetime21
01-11-2009, 12:51 AM
That's a pretty good list, I'd have to agree. 6-8 is right for Collie....I'd have him ahead of Robiskie personally, but it's close.

Late 2nd is about right. Last year he would've gone higher, but this year is deeper and more talented at the top.

Honestly, he reminds me of Jordyzz with better athletic ability and less size. I get the same vibe when I see him run routes.

Jordy Nelson is a lot better when it comes to physical tributes but Collie does the little things a lot better.

What really bothers me about Collie is it seemed like this season whenever it was a crucial time he would drop most of the balls that came to him. But I really didnt watch to much outside of Utah and UW.

McSealson1
01-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Anyone else see Anthony Gonzalez? I'm not just saying that because of the white thing, but they're both quick with good size, hands, and route running. He could be very effective in the slot of a pass happy offense like the saints