PDA

View Full Version : Linebacker Brandon Spikes

Chief49er
01-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Takeo Spikes little cousin, can anyone tell me what kind of prospect he is.

The good and the bad?

Thanks

gator3guy
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28753

gsorace
01-10-2009, 12:38 AM
He's not related to Takeo Spikes at all

savedbygrace89
01-10-2009, 05:21 AM

He looked like he was all over field against the Sooners to me. He seems like he has good speed and makes the tackle when he gets there to the ball. Of course the whole Gator defense looked better to me than first thought.

toonsterwu
01-10-2009, 08:13 AM
I think Spikes bolts. Right now, I'd guess that he's a mid-first. I think he could push James Laurinaitis for the 2nd MLB spot (with Rey first).

That said, a lot of time, a lot of workouts, a lot of interviews to go.

Menardo75
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Very talented player my third rated LB. He needs to come out this year.

dhp318
01-10-2009, 07:15 PM

that is incorrect.

urinemonkey
01-10-2009, 08:33 PM
that is incorrect.

I couldn't find anything that indicates the two are related. Care to share?

Big_Pete
01-10-2009, 08:40 PM
after doing a little googlefu, it seems that Brandon Spikes is related to Takeo Spikes....

from http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?&entry_id=34383

particularly this section:

SPIKES AND SPIKES: Takeo Spikes is a cousin to Brandon, something he didn't realize until a few years ago.

"At first I thought that I was the last of the Spikes' generation and it was a couple of years ago I found out, before my father died, he told me that I had [family] in [North Carolina] around the [North Carolina/ South Carolina State line] near Charlotte, NC," Takeo said. "So a couple of years had past by and some of the old relatives came to see me and the rest of my relatives and that's when I knew of him at the time."

Takeo started a tradition this season of catering food and watching film after practice on Wednesdays with his teammates. He suggested that to Brandon, and Brandon invited his teammates over to his apartment on Thursday nights for pizza and film study. Some say that Takeo plays like Brandon.

"I think that he has natural football tendencies," Takeo said. "His football I.Q. is very high because he just plays with great instinct."

So what Takeo think if the 49ers drafted Brandon and Takeo re-signed?

"We'd [look forward to] going to the Super Bowl the next year. [With him] you can't lose," Takeo said.

giantsfan
01-10-2009, 11:40 PM
after doing a little googlefu, it seems that Brandon Spikes is related to Takeo Spikes....

from http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?&entry_id=34383

particularly this section:

that last sentence is muthafuckin truff.

CC.SD
01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
that last sentence is muthafuckin truff.

Spikes+Willis in the middle of a 3-4? :o I'd beat.

Pokeys
01-12-2009, 11:34 PM
"Some say that Takeo plays like Brandon"

lol wtf... other away around>?