PDA

View Full Version : Donald Brown or Knowshon Moreno

jetsfan0099
01-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Who is better? I am asking this because I got into a battle with someone over this, and I would like to see your guys responses to this. As unbias fans in the matter you guys would have valid opinions to this.

illmatic74
01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Who is better? I am asking this because I got into a battle with someone over this, and I would like to see your guys responses to this. As unbias fans in the matter you guys would have valid opinions to this.I really like both. They are both complete backs but I go Moreno by a slim margin.

hagy34
01-10-2009, 10:47 PM
I really hope this isn't serious. Moreno. No question. None. At all.

keylime_5
01-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Moreno by a lot. A very good RB but an excellent receiver for a RB. Only back with more upside than Knowshon is Wells.

jetsfan0099
01-10-2009, 10:51 PM
What round do you guys think Donald Brown gets picked?

Cigaro
01-10-2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/AllStories/MFootball/2009/01/03/08buffalo1fb%20(74).jpg

Both are very good prospects, but I think Brown will be the better player.

ShoeLB50
01-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Green > Moreno > Wells > Brown

illmatic74
01-10-2009, 10:55 PM
What round do you guys think Donald Brown gets picked?2nd round definitely.

giantsfan
01-10-2009, 11:42 PM
I like Donald Brown a lot and he tore my Bulls a new ass hole in the international bowl, but Moreno's on another tier. Moreno vs Shady though will be a great debate.

Vox Populi
01-11-2009, 12:40 AM
In terms of the draft this year I think it will turn out that Moreno ends up like Jonathan Stewart and Brown ends up like Matt Forte. Not comparing players, just draft position.

hagy34
01-11-2009, 12:44 AM
In terms of the draft this year I think it will turn out that Moreno ends up like Jonathan Stewart and Brown ends up like Matt Forte. Not comparing players, just draft position.

So Moreno top 15 and Forte 2nd round?

Staubach12
01-11-2009, 12:55 AM
1a. Knowshon Moreno
1b. Beanie Wells
3. LeSean McCoy
4a. Glen Coffee
4b. Shonn Greene
6. Donald Brown

Vox Populi
01-11-2009, 03:05 AM
So Moreno top 15 and Forte 2nd round?

Kind of. That doesn't mean I think Moreno will be better. We all saw how well Forte played and I think Brown can be that kind of player too.

anakin
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Knowshon Moreno and again it's not close.

JaxJag_1
01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
It should be Donald Brown or Shonn Greene

TheGM
01-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Moreno is far and away better, he is at the top of my list for backs this year. Brown looks like a 3rd round guy he doesn't have the top end speed to be an early round pick, he would have to put up great combine numbers to sniff the second round.

jetsfan0099
01-11-2009, 01:09 PM
And by the way in my argument I was saying Moreno was better and this guy was telling me how Moreno is nothing and has done nothing. And that Brown is the best RB and how he has proven it time after time. He also went to HS with Brown so I think thats why he hates Moreno and loves Brown. Says Brown ran a 4.27 when I said I wasn't impressed by Brown's speed, but I watch Brown over and over again but I can't see how this guy could run a 4.27 because he football speed looks nowhere near 4.2 speed. I would say he looks like high 4.4 speed to 4.5 speed.

SimonRath
01-11-2009, 01:10 PM
idk why but i kinda see brown as ray rice

hagy34
01-11-2009, 01:20 PM
And by the way in my argument I was saying Moreno was better and this guy was telling me how Moreno is nothing and has done nothing. And that Brown is the best RB and how he has proven it time after time. He also went to HS with Brown so I think thats why he hates Moreno and loves Brown. Says Brown ran a 4.27 when I said I wasn't impressed by Brown's speed, but I watch Brown over and over again but I can't see how this guy could run a 4.27 because he football speed looks nowhere near 4.2 speed. I would say he looks like high 4.4 speed to 4.5 speed.

That guy is nuts. 4.27? So he's going to be like Chris Johnson? No chance. Donald Brown couldn't run 4.27 if he paid off the combine guys.

Sloopy
01-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Green > Moreno > Wells > Brown

Green > Wells > Moreno > Mcoy > Brown
I fixed it for you

Halsey
01-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I've never watched Brown play, so I just choose to believe the professional Draft observers who rank Moreno as a better prospect.

katnip
01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I've seen Brown a few times, I live in CT, but I like the U... Pretty good power, very determined to get his yards

summond822
01-12-2009, 07:58 PM
No disrespect, but Donald Brown reminded me a lot of a guy who is going to be a good all around back but isn't going to be great at anything.

I kinda see Brown going late 2nd/early 3rd at earliest.

Wells and Moreno are going to be duking it out for that top spot, which may end up with only one of them going top 15 and the other one falling into late round one (like Stewart and Mendenhall last year). Of course, if someone likes what they see, they could easily both go top 15 since there isn't a back like Run DMC this year.

This is how I see it going down on draft day: Moreno>Wells>Spiller>McCoy>Green>Brown

hagy34
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
No disrespect, but Donald Brown reminded me a lot of a guy who is going to be a good all around back but isn't going to be great at anything.

I kinda see Brown going late 2nd/early 3rd at earliest.

Wells and Moreno are going to be duking it out for that top spot, which may end up with only one of them going top 15 and the other one falling into late round one (like Stewart and Mendenhall last year). Of course, if someone likes what they see, they could easily both go top 15 since there isn't a back like Run DMC this year.

This is how I see it going down on draft day: Moreno>Wells>Spiller>McCoy>Green>Brown

If McCoy and Spiller both come out you will see McCoy go well before the latter. There is no way that a team takes Spiller in the late 1st early 2nd which is exactly where Shady will end up. In fact Green will be drafted ahead of Spiller if he were to come out as well.

SKim172
01-13-2009, 03:14 AM
This thread makes the UConn Husky angry.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/EclpseWolf62/husky.jpg

Lookit those widdle claws!

Okay, but seriously, I'd say Brown and Moreno are both as likely to succeed in the NFL. Roughly the same size, 5'10ish, about 205-210 lbs, and forty times in the 4.4-4.5 range. Brown has the experience and the production, Moreno has the raw talent. Moreno has a better burst, though I think Brown has better vision.

However, I'd say Moreno has the higher ceiling when it comes to potential. Brown could be a productive player in the right offense, probably see spot duty in his rookie year. Moreno will probably be expected to do a lot more than that.

I'd guess Brown is a 2nd rounder at best, probably a 3rd rounder. But he's a potential starter, don't get me wrong. But he won't be well-regarded. Moreno's probably a high 2nd rounder at worst.

savedbygrace89
01-13-2009, 06:00 AM
I like Moreno and I havent really seen Brown play very much, but I think that I would take Chris "Beanie" Wells to be my back in the Steelers power backfield.... I know ... its all about the Steelers all the time... I am guilty..
But it just all depends on who your team is and what their needs are at RB. I think that Moreno would be a good fit in Cincinnati since they are not a physical pound it out team and teams like the Colts and Eagles and Chargers, these teams are not physical on offense they are finesse teams, I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, that is just how they play Offense.

Halsey
01-13-2009, 06:28 AM
I like Moreno and I havent really seen Brown play very much, but I think that I would take Chris "Beanie" Wells to be my back in the Steelers power backfield.... I know ... its all about the Steelers all the time... I am guilty..
But it just all depends on who your team is and what their needs are at RB. I think that Moreno would be a good fit in Cincinnati since they are not a physical pound it out team and teams like the Colts and Eagles and Chargers, these teams are not physical on offense they are finesse teams, I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, that is just how they play Offense.
So if a RB is 5'10 210, that means the offense is automatically a finesse offense? Have you noticed who currently starts for the Steelers at RB?

georgiafan
01-13-2009, 07:27 AM
I think the better question is would to you rather take Moreno in the 1st or Brown in the 2nd ?

summond822
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM
If McCoy and Spiller both come out you will see McCoy go well before the latter. There is no way that a team takes Spiller in the late 1st early 2nd which is exactly where Shady will end up. In fact Green will be drafted ahead of Spiller if he were to come out as well.

McCoy and Green are both power running backs correct? Spiller is faster than either of them and I see him going early second as an all around weapon. I wasn't saying who I thought was better, but where I thought they would go.

Also, haven't all three of them declared for the draft already? I know McCoy and Green did, I'll have to check on Spiller, but I imagine he came out as well.

Brooder
01-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Moreno definitely but Brown is pretty good.

toonsterwu
01-14-2009, 02:13 AM
I really like Brown as a potential NFL back, so if the question is who is better as a player, I'd say it's closer than people are suggesting, particularly since RB is a position where guys can fit in for lack of a better word.

That said, value wise, I don't think it's anywhere near close. I think Moreno is a notch above everyone else, with Wells and McCoy at the next level. If I had to guess right now, I'd guess Knowshon mid-first, Wells/McCoy in the late first/early 2nd range, and Brown more of a mid-2nd-early 3rd (depending on workouts).

A lot of time to go though.

herschel4heisman
01-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Brown and Moreno were once in the same backfield when they were on the same Pop Warner team in NJ

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008812170353

SKim172
01-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Shonn Greene is also a Jersey product. Jersey seems to have a knack for tailbacks, apparently.

P-L
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Moreno is a lot closer to Chris Wells than he is to Donald Brown, in my opinion.

upstater
01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
but, I know this. Some of the people questioning Brown's athleticism will be mildly surprised at the combine.

Donald Brown will be as fast as ANY of the RBs there. He's exceptionally fast, and he may not have the quicks or burst, but he has a very fast first step. He reminds me A LOT of Curtis Martin, speed-wise, balance-wise, they have a very similar running style, and base. Brown has good vision, but his biggest asset is balance. He just stays on his line, shoulders squared, etc.

At 210, he may be a bit undersized for the kind of back he is, and though he's incredibly strong (at the combine, pay attention to his squat) he's not exactly a bruiser who will go through the defender. He doesn't go down easy, but nor is he a guy who will bust through people. Again, very similar to Curtis Martin.

As I said, his speed will be fantastic. He's a good blocker in the backfield. Great vision, great strength, and he's very solid character-wise (he'll have his degree already, though he's a junior).

I might not rate him as high as Moreno, but I expect him to be a better pro than McCoy. Shonn Greene is very interesting because of his size. Chris Wells I am deathly afraid of in the first round because I've watched a ton of Ohio State and haven't seen him excel. I don't know why, it could be the opposition is keying on him, but... something eludes me about Wells.

The team that takes Donald Brown in the second will make the best value pick for a RB in the entire draft. They'll be getting first round production for a 2nd round pick. Or they could hit a home run with Moreno in the first.

I'd stay totally away from Wells and McCoy (McCoy looks so much like Maroney to me, too much dancing in the backfield as he looks for the homerun). shonn Greene intrigues. A big kid, he has good wiggle. Reminds me of Chester Taylor. I wouldn't mind spending a second round draft choice on Chester Taylor, but I think I'd rather spend it on Curtis Martin.