PDA

View Full Version : Giants Draft WR Thread

Brooder
01-11-2009, 03:09 PM
They are not the same team without Plaxico. Darrius Heyward-Bey has lots of upside, is he still there when the Giants draft?

JaxJag_1
01-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Not after his combine workout

Solomon
01-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Started putting Kenny Britt to the Giants in my mocks, it should make one Rutgers/Giants fan very happy :P

Babylon
01-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I would say they need two new receivers there, minimum.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
What a terrible thread, anger from the loss though. I love how these threads come out. Like the Colts lost and there is a thread on what WR the Colts should draft and now with the Giants. I think we will be seeing a Steelers or Chargers WR thread popping up soon.

Babylon
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
What a terrible thread, anger from the loss though. I love how these threads come out. Like the Colts lost and there is a thread on what WR the Colts should draft and now with the Giants. I think we will be seeing a Steelers or Chargers WR thread popping up soon.

Differance with Indy is the Giants receivers are lousy.

SimonRath
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
i don't think the giants WR's lost the game. Eli was pretty bad himself

Babylon
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM

I think the biggest change in this team is the ability to get to the QB. You cant lose Strahan, Osi and have a beat up Tuck and try to be just as good. As for the receivers i dont think they're good as a group, they arent going to get the separation that a QB needs.

skiinginNJ
01-11-2009, 03:59 PM

part of that is the lack of separation created by the recievers

LonghornsLegend
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
No Plaxico, Toomer is old, Steve Smith is probably best in the slot, so they do need to address the position but it doesn't have to be first round...Also I don't know if Mario has progressed any, if at all, but if he has that could change their mind on when they want to take a WR.

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
http://scarletknights.com/football/images/2007/navy/britt_navTC0933.jpg

/thread

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 04:03 PM
No Plaxico, Toomer is old, Steve Smith is probably best in the slot, so they do need to address the position but it doesn't have to be first round...Also I don't know if Mario has progressed any, if at all, but if he has that could change their mind on when they want to take a WR.

the problem is, Moss and Manningham are short shifty WR's that Eli has never looked all too comfy with. Toomer will probably be back, but who knows with Plax? We need a big(size wise) playmaker to draw some attention. We don't have a big playmaker. Hixon has fallen back to special teamer/4th WR status.

Whistler6
01-11-2009, 04:04 PM
They need to NOT draft another small speedster. Another Steve Smith or Sinorice Moss won't change the teams dynamic. They need some size eg. Plaxico

illmatic74
01-11-2009, 04:09 PM
part of that is the lack of separation created by the recieversThe Eagles recievers were just as bad.

Shane P. Hallam
01-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I do like the Britt fit, and value will be solid. If DHB is still there, he's a nice combo, but I think they need someone more polished now.

As for other options (outside of 1st,), if Marko Mitchell rises up, I like him a lot. Also, I'll go a bit homerish and say that Brian Robiskie as a red zone target, if he is actually 6'3, wouldn't be a bad pick-up either.

Sniper
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I do like the Britt fit, and value will be solid. If DHB is still there, he's a nice combo, but I think they need someone more polished now.

As for other options (outside of 1st,), if Marko Mitchell rises up, I like him a lot. Also, I'll go a bit homerish and say that Brian Robiskie as a red zone target, if he is actually 6'3, wouldn't be a bad pick-up either.

If Robiskie would have had respectable QB play this year, I dare say he might have cracked the first round.

skiinginNJ
01-11-2009, 04:20 PM
The Eagles recievers were just as bad.

perhaps, but they certainly created separation more frequently than the giants receivers.

regoob2
01-11-2009, 04:25 PM
This should be in the team forum.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
We need a playmaker on offense. Not to happy with this system either. It's pretty much a short and horizontal stretch system build on the running game. Nothing too scary. We need a legit vertical stretch player. Also very poor use of the other WRs like Manningham and Moss.

Crickett
01-11-2009, 04:47 PM
I just had this discussion in the Crickett household.

I'd still rather see the Giants being in a veteran because they have three young receivers in Smith, Stonehead and Moss. But if they don't, its gotta be Haywood Bey, who IMO the Giants do have the ammo to trade up for or Kenny Britt.

I just have three questions.

How fast is Kenny Britt?

Can Darius Haywood Bey block at all? Because Dominick Hixon can't and it hinders the Giants run game somewhat.

Is there ANY chance Plaxico returns next year?

Sniper
01-11-2009, 04:48 PM
It's Heyward-Bey, not Haywood.

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
the problem is, Moss and Manningham are short shifty WR's that Eli has never looked all too comfy with. Toomer will probably be back, but who knows with Plax? We need a big(size wise) playmaker to draw some attention. We don't have a big playmaker. Hixon has fallen back to special teamer/4th WR status.

moss is a bust who never plays he isn't a problem he just shouldn't be on the team

Manningham isn't short he is 6'0 tall and he rarely plays

the rest of what you said i agree with though

Crickett
01-11-2009, 05:02 PM
moss is a bust who never plays he isn't a problem he just shouldn't be on the team

Manningham isn't short he is 6'0 tall and he rarely plays

the rest of what you said i agree with though

I think I may have identified the problem.

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
I think I may have identified the problem.

moss never plays cause he sucks

Manningham doesn't play well idk why actually

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 05:08 PM
moss never plays cause he sucks

Manningham doesn't play well idk why actually

manningham doesn't play because he's dumb ass ****. he runs wrong routes and hands have been not too good all year. And 6'0 isn't tall for a WR. he's a fast shifty WR, not a big possession WR Eli needs and feels more comfortable with

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 05:10 PM
manningham doesn't play because he's dumb ass ****. he runs wrong routes and hands have been not too good all year. And 6'0 isn't tall for a WR. he's a fast shifty WR, not a big possession WR Eli needs and feels more comfortable with

how is he a dumb ass? i havent heard about him doin anything that bad as a giant. he barley played how do you know about his hands from pre season? or from killdrive calling a reverese for -12 yrds?

and 6'0 isnt small at all just look at reggie wayne and boldin

Shane P. Hallam
01-11-2009, 05:15 PM
It is of my opinion, and you don't have to agree, that when players don't play, they are not good. What I mean is, we don't see practices, we don't know how they do, what they know of the playbook, etc. When players like Sinorice Moss, Drew Stanton, etc, don't get into the game, it is because they are that bad that they can't beat out the talent ahead of them.

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
of course Sinorice moss cant beat out his competition that's obvious what we are talking about is how Scotty wants to blame guys like Manningham who don't play as problems for Eli b/c there small which i don't understand cause Manningham really isn't a small reciver

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 05:21 PM
how is he a dumb ass? i havent heard about him doin anything that bad as a giant. he barley played how do you know about his hands from pre season? or from killdrive calling a reverese for -12 yrds?

and 6'0 isnt small at all just look at reggie wayne and boldin

there have been like a million reports of him constantly running the wrong routes and not being on the same page as Eli. He is a shifty fast WR, why the hell do you think we run reverses with him? Eli loves bigger, possession targets ala Toomer, Plax, Shockey/Boss, Johnson and even Smith(who isn't big, but is a possession guy obviously).

And Bond is right, they aren't playing for a reason. Moss AND Manningham. You say Moss isn't on the field because he sucks, so wouldn't the same apply to Mannigham?

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 05:27 PM
there have been like a million reports of him constantly running the wrong routes and not being on the same page as Eli. He is a shifty fast WR, why the hell do you think we run reverses with him? Eli loves bigger, possession targets ala Toomer, Plax, Shockey/Boss, Johnson and even Smith(who isn't big, but is a possession guy obviously).

And Bond is right, they aren't playing for a reason. Moss AND Manningham. You say Moss isn't on the field because he sucks, so wouldn't the same apply to Mannigham?

i am not saying Manningham isn't shifty i am saying he isn't small moss is small smith is small

it was his first yr and he got hurt in training camp of course he didn't get on the same page as Eli doesn't make Manningham a dumb ass. as for the wrong route thing it was his first yr with the play book if he were to continue to do something like that into next yr then i would say he is a dumb ass

we never really got to see mannighmam play except for 1 play in the season so you don't really know what you have with him so know what Apply's to Sinorice doesn't apply to Mario. Since Sinorice has been in the league longer and has played more and hasn't done anything

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
i am not saying Manningham isn't shifty i am saying he isn't small moss is small smith is small

it was his first yr and he got hurt in training camp of course he didn't get on the same page as Eli doesn't make Manningham a dumb ass. as for the wrong route thing it was his first yr with the play book if he were to continue to do something like that into next yr then i would say he is a dumb ass

we never really got to see mannighmam play except for 1 play in the season so you don't really know what you have with him so know what Apply's to Sinorice doesn't apply to Mario. Since Sinorice has been in the league longer and has played more and hasn't done anything

well, to Moss' defense, he was hurt his rookie year, and Hufnagle had NO clue how to utilize him.

And Manningham IS a dumbass. smoking pot and trying to lie about it, his wonderlic scores, running wrong routes throughout the WHOLE year etc. And moss has seen just as little playing time as Manningham. There's a reason he's not seeing more time.

Eli loves BIG, Possession, physical WR's. Manningham was a bad choice. Eli loves throwing it high and is often bailed out by very good catches. hence why a Kenny Britt would be perfect. I believe Toomer comes back next year, but really right now, our only set in stone, solid and good WR for sure next year is Steve Smith, who is best suited in the slot

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 05:39 PM
well, to Moss' defense, he was hurt his rookie year, and Hufnagle had NO clue how to utilize him.

And Manningham IS a dumbass. smoking pot and trying to lie about it, his wonderlic scores, running wrong routes throughout the WHOLE year etc. And moss has seen just as little playing time as Manningham. There's a reason he's not seeing more time.

Eli loves BIG, Possession, physical WR's. Manningham was a bad choice. Eli loves throwing it high and is often bailed out by very good catches. hence why a Kenny Britt would be perfect. I believe Toomer comes back next year, but really right now, our only set in stone, solid and good WR for sure next year is Steve Smith, who is best suited in the slot

Smoking pot doesn't make you a dumb ass lying about it want that right way to go but thats what he wanted to do. You been to tell me you never tried 2 lie to not get out of trouble?

Wonderlic is over rated alot of players dont do that great on them and are fine football players

running wrong routes throughout the whole yr? the dude never play's what was he running routes during kickoff coverage?

i am not arguing that Eli doesn't like a big receiver if we can get Kenny Britt i hope we do it. we don't know what we have in Mannigham until we give him more playing time so we cant say its a bad pick yet it maybe bad but it maybe a good 1 you cant judge Mario based on not even a full year

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Smoking pot doesn't make you a dumb ass lying about it want that right way to go but that what he wanted to do. You been to tell me you never tried 2 lie to not get in trouble?

Wonderlic is over rated alot of players dont do that great on them and are fine football players

running wrong routes throughout the whole yr? the dude never play's what was he running routes during kickoff coverage?

i am not arguing that Eli doesn't like a big receiver if we can get Kenny Britt i hope we do it. we don't know what we have in Mannigham until we give him more playing time so we cant say its a bad pick yet it maybe bad but it maybe a good 1 you cant judge Mario based on not even a full year

because I watched Mario all throughout college. It's not a secret that he's dumb as a post. Everyone who knows about him and the draft know that.

And sure, I lie to not get in trouble. He lied, and then later admitted it. that's ******* stupid. either say out front or not at all.

and there's this thing called practice, where the WR's run routes and such. so yes, all year he's been running the wrong routes.

Mario is dumb and doesn't fit our system/mindset/QB's skills. We generally don't know how to utilize and develop speedy WR's, that's just how it's been...

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
because I watched Mario all throughout college. It's not a secret that he's dumb as a post. Everyone who knows about him and the draft know that.

And sure, I lie to not get in trouble. He lied, and then later admitted it. that's ******* stupid. either say out front or not at all.

and there's this thing called practice, where the WR's run routes and such. so yes, all year he's been running the wrong routes.

Mario is dumb and doesn't fit our system/mindset/QB's skills. We generally don't know how to utilize and develop speedy WR's, that's just how it's been...

i watched Mario play football at Michigan idk how you can judge his intelligence from catching td's

he admitted it cause he got called out on it. He either could have stuck with the lie when everyone know he lied or admit he lied

and you mean to tell me that you watched every single giant practice during the entire season? give me a break

i think he could be good for us if we get a real oc in here

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 05:49 PM
i watched Mario play football at Michigan idk how you can judge his intelligence from catching td's

he admitted it cause he got called out on it. He either could have stuck with the lie when everyone know he lied or admit he lied

and you mean to tell me that you watched every single giant practice during the entire season? give me a break

i think he could be good for us if we get a real oc in here

I read up on him a ton leading toward the draft. It pretty much came from EVERYWHERE that he's dumb. plain and simple. I can't believe you're denying that.

And I've read every practice report by beat writers and seen some practices.

He could be very good if we changed our system and OC up perhaps...

and maybe he shouldn't have lied about it in the first place. He knew he was gonna get caught. He's stupid stupid stupid.

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
I read up on him a ton leading toward the draft. It pretty much came from EVERYWHERE that he's dumb. plain and simple. I can't believe you're denying that.

And I've read every practice report by beat writers and seen some practices.

He could be very good if we changed our system and OC up perhaps...

and maybe he shouldn't have lied about it in the first place. He knew he was gonna get caught. He's stupid stupid stupid.

I am not saying he is genius but to label a guy as flat out dumb to me just seems ridiculous he is a football player Ok he doesnt have to be the smartest guy it would help but there are a bunch of stupid players in the nfl who can play football well.

there is nothing he can do about it now he cant change the past

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I am not saying he is genius but to label a guy as flat out dumb to me just seems ridiculous he is a football player Ok he doesnt have to be the smartest guy it would help but there are a bunch of stupid players in the nfl who can play football well.

there is nothing he can do about it now he cant change the past

pacman jones is also a football player, does this mean he can't be labeled as flat out dumb? ask Michigan fans, bring up old scouting reports, Manningham is pretty damn dumb, and there's no way around it

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
pacman jones is also a football player, does this mean he can't be labeled as flat out dumb? ask Michigan fans, bring up old scouting reports, Manningham is pretty damn dumb, and there's no way around it

Pacman and Mario Manningham aren't even close to the same so that is harsh

your saying mario is dumb on the field so comparing him to Pacman is pointless

Pacman is a moron and a wannabe gangster off the field but on the field he isn't stupid he wasn't good dis yr but wasn't a stupid player

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Pacman and Mario Manningham aren't even close to the same so that is harsh

your saying mario is dumb on the field so comparing him to Pacman is pointless

Pacman is a moron and a wannabe gangster off the field but on the field he isn't stupid he wasn't good dis yr but wasn't a stupid player

you said Manningham is a football player so you he can't really be dumb. I refuted your point. Manningham is also 5'11 and 183. That's pretty small...

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 06:04 PM
you said Manningham is a football player so you he can't really be dumb. I refuted your point. Manningham is also 5'11 and 183. That's pretty small...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/mario-manningham?id=1030

6'0 according to that

your talking about Manningham's intelligence on the field by comparing him 2 a moron off the field

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/mario-manningham?id=1030

6'0 according to that

your talking about Manningham's intelligence on the field by comparing him 2 a moron off the field

intelligence is intelligence. Manningham is dumb, as is pacman. I'm not comparing the two, I just brought pacman up because you said being a football player you can't see Mario as being dumb. He's obviously not as dumb as pacman, but he is dumb, even though he's a football player.

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 06:09 PM
intelligence is intelligence. Manningham is dumb, as is pacman. I'm not comparing the two, I just brought pacman up because you said being a football player you can't see Mario as being dumb. He's obviously not as dumb as pacman, but he is dumb, even though he's a football player.

there are ranges of intelligence. i said being a football player you don't have to be the smartest guy in the world. I never said intelligence isn't good or valuable but to say he is a bad player because you question his intelligence and not on skills or talent isn't fair.

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 06:13 PM
there are ranges of intelligence. i said being a football player you don't have to be the smartest guy in the world. I never said intelligence isn't good or valuable but to say he is a bad player because you question his intelligence and not on skills or talent isn't fair.

I never said he was a bad player... I just said he's dumb and doesn't fit our schemes and Eli's comfort zone. You said Moss hasn't seen time because he was bad when in reality, he's seen almost as little time as Manningham...

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I never said he was a bad player... I just said he's dumb and doesn't fit our schemes and Eli's comfort zone. You said Moss hasn't seen time because he was bad when in reality, he's seen almost as little time as Manningham...

when plax first got suspended against the seahawks i seem 2 remember moss playing alot more then manningham

moss has always been higher up on the depth chart so obv he has had more shots then manningham

NYGibril28
01-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I want Plax back. I can learn to forgive. We won the Super Bowl with Plax. You aren't going to find a player like Plax many other places.

Geo
01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
No, the same wouldn't apply. This is Moss' third year in the league, meanwhile Manningham is a rookie. He declared for the Draft as a junior even.

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
No, the same wouldn't apply. This is Moss' third year in the league, meanwhile Manningham is a rookie. He declared for the Draft as a junior even.

but the Giants have had no problem throwing rookies out there. Guys like Kehl and Phillips saw time over vets and last year was our famous rookie show. I'm just saying, if he was good enough for us to entrust in being a key part of our WR corps, he would've seen much more time this season

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
but the Giants have had no problem throwing rookies out there. Guys like Kehl and Phillips saw time over vets and last year was our famous rookie show. I'm just saying, if he was good enough for us to entrust in being a key part of our WR corps, he would've seen much more time this season

Phillips and Kehl's situations weren't the same as mario's

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I want Plax back. I can learn to forgive. We won the Super Bowl with Plax. You aren't going to find a player like Plax many other places.

AMEN TO THAT!!!

someone give this man some rep, in my mad rampage today, I've run out!

good to have you back buddy! (although a name change my be in order lol)

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 06:30 PM
AMEN TO THAT!!!

ya i gotta agree with that 2

NYGibril28
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
AMEN TO THAT!!!

LOL. BringBackPlax. How's that sound?

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Phillips and Kehl's situations weren't the same as mario's

how so? Kehl saw time over guys like Blackburn, Wilkinson and a plethora of LB's we had at one time. Phillips beat out Knight and knocked Dahl out of a roster spot. If they could beat out those guys, why couldn't Manningham beat out a Hixon? or even Moss at times? Those guys played where there are only 2 spots, Manningham didn't crack the rotation where we use 4 at a time at times. I'm just saying, if he's as an important piece to our WR corps as you're leading on(or perhaps I'm inferring and maybe incorreclty so), he would've seen more time. ESPECIALLY with Plax's injury and suspension(s)

scottyboy
01-11-2009, 06:32 PM
LOL. BringBackPlax. How's that sound?

lol, pure excellence. Untill he either comes back or gets let go lol.

but BringBackPlax, I love the ring of that!

LTgiants
01-11-2009, 06:41 PM
how so? Kehl saw time over guys like Blackburn, Wilkinson and a plethora of LB's we had at one time. Phillips beat out Knight and knocked Dahl out of a roster spot. If they could beat out those guys, why couldn't Manningham beat out a Hixon? or even Moss at times? Those guys played where there are only 2 spots, Manningham didn't crack the rotation where we use 4 at a time at times. I'm just saying, if he's as an important piece to our WR corps as you're leading on(or perhaps I'm inferring and maybe incorreclty so), he would've seen more time. ESPECIALLY with Plax's injury and suspension(s)

Kehl saw time when wilkinson got hurt played well then they moved blackburn there

are you kidding craig dahl was signed late did nothing and got cut he is a non factor on phillips

ya he beat out knight who was a backup its not like he beat out Johnson and butler and started all 16 games he started 3 and subbed in and out the others( don't take this as me hateing on Kenny cause i am not I actually want him to start next yr)

Manningham got hurt and was a rookie and like you said he didnt have a full grasp of the playbook so he didn't get much of a chance to beat out moss who they gave reps to cause they wanted to see if he truly was a bust

and he didn't beat out Hixon cause they wanted to see if he could be more then a kick returner after Mario got hurt

i wasn't trying to say he was important all i have been saying is that lets see what we have in him before blaming him for today's game and negatives of our passing games this season when he rarely played.

Turtlepower
01-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Ramses Barden... Watch this guy at the Senior Bowl and let's hope we can get him with our 2nd 2nd rounder. That is all.

Crickett
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Ramses Barden... Watch this guy at the Senior Bowl and let's hope we can get him with our 2nd 2nd rounder. That is all.

Here is his Scott's draft profile for him.

Strengths:
Great height and outstanding bulk...Excellent athleticism...Real strong and physical...Good leaper with terrific ball skills...Runs with some power...Has a nose for the endzone...Decent blocker...Intelligent with solid intangibles..Extremely productive and was dominant at his level.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great timed speed...Isn't real quick or sudden...Has room to improve as a route runner...Just average hands...Struggles to get separation...Not much of a deep threat...Inconsistent effort and concentration ...Conditioning?... Did not play against top competition.
profile.

NotoriousT
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
First and foremost, Kevin Kildrive needs to be kicked to the curb. The guy is a joke and always has been. He had a nice 5 or 6 game stretch there at the end of last year but that was merely an apparition. We could have Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss and we'd still fail because that moron would be running bubble screens to Derrick Ward.

Second, Manningham is a project. Anyone who thought he was going to come in his rookie season and contribute right away was kidding themselves. When we took him, we knew he was going to take some time to warm up to the NFL. Give him a chance before calling him a bust. Not to mention Kildrive had him run NOTHING but gimmicky bubble screens and reverses. Come on, who can succeed doing that? Mario made his name running deep routes and catching deep balls.....and you have him catching bubble screens? Reminds me of when we tried to use BJ as merely a short yardage back.

Scotty - Not sure Kehl is a guy you want to use as an example of a rookie getting playing time considering he was playing good and then was benched for absolutely no reason whatsoever around midseason. Even after he had a great game against the Vikings, he got limited snaps today when he should have been starting. Also, look at Kenny Phillips. He should have been starting from day one but was still rotating in with inferior players in Michael Johnson and James Butler.

giantsfan
01-12-2009, 01:18 PM
yeah, we lacked a true number 1 in this game and that hurt us badly. That said I've got a feeling that plax will be back and with a whole offseason to work with eli we'll see a whole new hixon next year. Smith is a great fit in the slot around those two and then we've got the M&Ms, that being the worthless sinorice moss and super mario, who happens to be of the belief that super mario is a puzzle game, unfortunately he has yet to figure out that you can start levels to progress in that. I hated mario in the draft and while I still have hope that eli could somehow learn to take over mario's body and think for him, I don't view it as likely. I'd like to see us get a big WR but unless the values really good I don't think it's as big of a concern as kevin killdrive. DHB in round one, britt with the new orleans pick or either Marko mitchell or Ramses Barden on day two would be good at those spots where they are also good values, but we still need to add a DE or LB because without osi our D hasn't been even close to what it was last year and a NT or LT if there's value to be had.

giantsfan
01-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Here is his Scott's draft profile for him.

Strengths:
Great height and outstanding bulk...Excellent athleticism...Real strong and physical...Good leaper with terrific ball skills...Runs with some power...Has a nose for the endzone...Decent blocker...Intelligent with solid intangibles..Extremely productive and was dominant at his level.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great timed speed...Isn't real quick or sudden...Has room to improve as a route runner...Just average hands...Struggles to get separation...Not much of a deep threat...Inconsistent effort and concentration ...Conditioning?... Did not play against top competition.
profile.

I disagree with scott there. The few games I saw of him he made some great catches and did a great job stretching the field. Now he's not very fast and dropped some easy balls, so i see where scott's getting that but those aren't two things that smacked me in the face as major problems he'd have at the next level.

LetsGoGiants!
01-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I think the Giants should consider taking theese three wide recievers.

1. Jeremy Maclin- A 6ft speedy player that can catch balls, return punts and kick returns. He gets huge yards, and he's still young and still has room to improve.

2. kenny Britt- He does it just like Plax did. At 6'4" he can go up for it, which the giants need. We all saw that after Plaxico's incident the Giants laked pass yards, Britt could bring that back.

3. percy Harvin- I know he's lacking the hieght we need, but he has great speed, reat hands and cold help out the passing and rushing game. With Jacobs and Ward possibly one or both on the way out, Harvin would help out greatly with the rushing.

If any of theese guys are still unpicked when the Giants pick is up I think they should definitly pick anyone of theese guys.