9-29 @ Illinois
10-6 Iowa
10-13 Wisconsin
10-20 @ Indiana
10-27 Ohio State
11-3 Purdue
11-10 @ Temple
11-17 @ Michigan State

I'm a bit of an optimistic but this could be THE year for the lions.

For our OOC schedule....well....LOL who am I kidding its a joke.

Notre Dame is the toughest team in our OOC. This will be either a close game or a blow out in the Lion's favor. They lose their best O-Line men, QB, and RB. They will be going against one, if not the best, secondary in the big ten. Notre Dame's defense who has been less then amazing will have to defend a experience O-Line and not a green QB and probably the second or third best WR corps in the big ten.

After that we got a Buffalo.

In 2005 I said the road to the National Championship goes through Michigan and Ohio State. Michgian we got early this year. Toughest game all year. a 50/50 coin toss to whoes going to win.

After that we have Illinois, Iowa, and Wisky. We should go 3-0 through that stretch. Wisky will give us trouble but last year was probably there best team and they only scored 13 points against us at home.

We have to go to Indiana until we have our second big game. Ohio State maybe the easiest one to say we will lose. In the past who ever has had the better D has won the game. In 2005 We won. in 2006 they won. This year they have probably the nastiest D in the big ten. We will have to make the big plays and stop them. We can not give up any.

After that we look to close out our season with at least a 3 game winning streak.

The keys to this year lie in our D-line, RB, and Morelli. We lost all but one D-Line men last year but have done pretty well recruiting in these past years. The D-line could cost us games against Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin who have great RB's. We lost one of our key pieces in Tony Hunt. Look for Austin Scott who had over 100 yards against a very good FSU defesne in 2005 but yet is coming off an injury. If he doesn't step in then look for Rodney Kinlaw. Morelli. Morelli. Morelli. If Morelli plays smart we can win our games. If Morelli plays like he did against UT. We can win.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
In the Big Ten Wisconsin, michigan, and Ohio State will be better so Penn State will be in the next group of teams in the conference.

neko4
03-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Theres a good chance they could win 5 of their first 6 and the rest of the year shouldnt be that hard either. Ohio state has lost alot and has a good chance of losing.

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 04:11 PM
In the Big Ten Wisconsin, michigan, and Ohio State will be better so Penn State will be in the next group of teams in the conference.

I disagree on Wisconsin.
Michigan yes.

Ohio State returns 11 starters.
5 on Offense.
6 on Defense.

They lose their 2 best WR and their QB. They lost their starting RB even though Chris Wells is a stud. They lost two O-Line men
On D they lose just as many as us. 3 DL. 1 LB. 1 DB.

JoeMontainya
03-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Penn State should be inbarrased with scheduling the OOC schedule.

Florida INT
Buffalo
Temple
geshh 2 of those teams were lucky to win games in the last 5 years.

neko - OHIO STATE wont loose IMO, we are switching to a power run offense to compliment Chris Wells and we have just about everyone back on the OL. Our D will stop many teams next year much like it did this year.

We will play ball controll like we did when we won thenational championship.

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 04:15 PM

Florida INT
Buffalo
Temple

neko - OHIO STATE wont loose IMO, we are switching to a power run offense to compliment Chris Wells and we have just about everyone back on the OL. Our D will stop many teams next year much like it did this year.

Like your D stopped Florida:rolleyes:

JoeMontainya
03-04-2007, 04:18 PM
"They lose their 2 best WR and their QB. They lost their starting RB even though Chris Wells is a stud. They lost two O-Line men
On D they lose just as many as us. 3 DL. 1 LB. 1 DB."

Were switching to a run alot and then even more offense. the 3 DL we lost? Only 1 is a big loss and thats Pitcock.

Our DL might be the best in the big ten next year (gholston/Rose). The LB we lose might not even have started this year with all the talent we have (ross homan). The CB we lost allways gets replaced easily at OSU.

The only key loss to our team that cant be replaced is the WR's, but we have very very good ones behind them that got alot of PT this year.

Gonna be a good game and PSU allways plays us tough. Since its at PSU, you might have a very good chance.

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 04:20 PM
And we shouldn't be dissapointed with getting FIU. They got Ned
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5241/ea08amo9.jpg

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 04:20 PM
"They lose their 2 best WR and their QB. They lost their starting RB even though Chris Wells is a stud. They lost two O-Line men
On D they lose just as many as us. 3 DL. 1 LB. 1 DB."

Were switching to a run alot and then even more offense. the 3 DL we lost? Only 1 is a big loss and thats Pitcock.

Our DL might be the best in the big ten next year (gholston/Rose). The LB we lose might not even have started this year with all the talent we have (ross homan). The CB we lost allways gets replaced easily at OSU.

The only key loss to our team that cant be replaced is the WR's, but we have very very good ones behind them that got alot of PT this year.

Gonna be a good game and PSU allways plays us tough. Since its at PSU, you might have a very good chance.
It could come down to that too.

JoeMontainya
03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
It could come down to that too.

More times than not in the Big Ten when there are 2 equal teams, it does.

reigle9
03-04-2007, 04:59 PM
As a general rule, I don't take people seriously who use words like inbarrassed and loose.

Bo,
I'm cautiously optimistic about this year. I'm not worried about our defense, we have excellent young depth across the line.

Once again, our season will come down to offensive line play. If Poti and the starters from last year can progress, then I think we might have another 2005 like year. Most any good RB can excel with a good line so I'm not worried about Austin Scott and the RB's.

I agree with you about Morelli. If he plays like he did against Tennessee, then we should be the favorite against every team other than UM. Spring practice is less than three weeks away!!!

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 05:12 PM
As a general rule, I don't take people seriously who use words like inbarrassed and loose.

Bo,
I'm cautiously optimistic about this year. I'm not worried about our defense, we have excellent young depth across the line.

Once again, our season will come down to offensive line play. If Poti and the starters from last year can progress, then I think we might have another 2005 like year. Most any good RB can excel with a good line so I'm not worried about Austin Scott and the RB's.

I agree with you about Morelli. If he plays like he did against Tennessee, then we should be the favorite against every team other than UM. Spring practice is less than three weeks away!!! Thats how I feel.

EEEEEKKKKKK!!!!:eek: :D

Grizzlegom
03-04-2007, 05:18 PM
honestly, the only team im worried about is wisconsin and since they dont play michigan or ohio state, if they beat us, they win the big ten.

ohio state lost its offense and michigan lost its defense and i dont expect either to have huge years but honestly, any of these four teams could win the division.

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 05:21 PM
honestly, the only team im worried about is wisconsin and since they dont play michigan or ohio state, if they beat us, they win the big ten.

ohio state lost its offense and michigan lost its defense and i dont expect either to have huge years but honestly, any of these four teams could win the division.

Wisconsin plays both Michigan and Ohio State and it's back to back weeks

Grizzlegom
03-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Wisconsin plays both Michigan and Ohio State and it's back to back weeks

lol wow...my bad...i thought i read that they didnt...

OhioState
03-04-2007, 06:17 PM
i disagree that psu will win against osu:
Morrelli played a horrible game against us this year and our d will only be better next year. Wells will be able to run through any d that tries to stop him next year(i'm thinking a young AD) and we will be looking for revenge after our last game in State College

TIP
03-04-2007, 06:37 PM
i disagree that psu will win against osu:
Morrelli played a horrible game against us this year and our d will only be better next year. Wells will be able to run through any d that tries to stop him next year(i'm thinking a young AD) and we will be looking for revenge after our last game in State College

And that was Morelli's 4th game ever, against the #1 team in the nation...in Columbus...you don't think he's improved at all?

MaxV
03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I, too, am cautiously optimistic.

As someone has already mentioned, the biggest question mark is the OL. It has been one of the main focuses in recruiting over the last few years, and they have plenty of depth, but a lot of those guys are unproven.

Both Morelli and Scott are going into their last year. Both of these once hyped up recruits haven't really lived up to the hype, but I do believe that they SHOULD have a good senior season.

We'll see.

iowatreat54
03-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Florida INT
Buffalo
Temple

hey leave them alone...they figured ND schedules horrible teams every year and make BCS games so why cant they?

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
hey leave them alone...they figured ND schedules horrible teams every year and make BCS games so why cant they?

I miss being an indy.:(

snuff
03-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Michigan is 8-0 vs PSU in the last 9 years.
The game is in Michigan where they rarely lose.
Manningham owns King.
Michigan is a NC team PSU is barely Top25.

Sounds like a coin flip to me too.

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Michigan is 8-0 vs PSU in the last 9 years.
The game is in Michigan where they rarely lose.
Manningham owns King.
Michigan is a NC team PSU is barely Top25.

Sounds like a coin flip to me too.
wow...clueless?

It doesn't matter what you do in the past. It matters what you do today.
and Manningham has never gone up against King.
and why are we not a NC team? I mean we return all but 2 players on offense and we return 6 players on D. We've got one of the best LB corps in the nation. The best(battle between Ohio State) secondary in the Big Ten.

snuff
03-04-2007, 10:23 PM
wow...clueless?

and why are we not a NC team? I mean we return all but 2 players on offense and we return 6 players on D. We've got one of the best LB corps in the nation. The best(battle between Ohio State) secondary in the Big Ten.
True
Watch the first play of this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TgvJHEjhcBI
Your best two players most likely.
We have one of the best offenses in the nation. Your better LB core last year held Hart to 116 yards...
Thats not saying much.

Your whole team last year was Tony Hunt and hes gone....

sodar21
03-04-2007, 10:30 PM
wow...clueless?

Penn State has a better secondary than tOSU.

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
True
Watch the first play of this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TgvJHEjhcBI
Your best two players most likely.
We have one of the best offenses in the nation. Your better LB core last year held Hart to 116 yards...
Thats not saying much.

Your whole team last year was Tony Hunt and hes gone....

Actually some would say that Posluszny hurt us more then help. He wasn't that great in pass protection. And how is Levi Brown is good but we return our whole O-Line outside of him. Tony Hunt was our go to guy but Austin Scott is just as good as him. And we will be passing more probably(Michigan's weakness) and Anthony Morelli has really improved since playing Michigan.

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Penn State has a better secondary than tOSU.

Glad a tOSU fan agrees with me.

You used to post on cfbmedia didn't you?

snuff
03-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Actually some would say that Posluszny hurt us more then help. He wasn't that great in pass protection. And how is Levi Brown is good but we return our whole O-Line outside of him. Tony Hunt was our go to guy but Austin Scott is just as good as him. And we will be passing more probably(Michigan's weakness) and Anthony Morelli has really improved since playing Michigan.
Doubtful on Morelli.He probably improved, but I doubt he will get any respect passing. He was terrible against Wisconsin and the other teams he played don't believe in playing the pass. He was pretty good against Tennessee but thats about it.

Who is going to play RB?

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Doubtful on Morelli.He probably improved, but I doubt he will get any respect passing. He was terrible against Wisconsin and the other teams he played don't believe in playing the pass. He was pretty good against Tennessee but thats about it.

Who is going to play RB?

Austin Scott. He had 130 yards rushing against FSU in 2005.

snuff
03-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Austin Scott. He had 130 yards rushing against FSU in 2005.Scott was a senior last year. Did they medical redshirt him or what?

NittanyBo
03-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Scott was a senior last year. Did they medical redshirt him or what?

Yep. 10 characters.

sodar21
03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Glad a tOSU fan agrees with me.

You used to post on cfbmedia didn't you?

Yeah I posted there. Also post at fvsports under the name "orangesoda" but mostly post at D1A (and of course in the past at Disney).

MaxV
03-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how guys like Taylor, Evans, Maybin and Wallace do.

LB51
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
well if morelli plays well an the line holds together we should have a really good team

Sportsfan486
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Wisconsin is going to crush you...

CRUSH YOU TO GOO!

Seriously though, you lost to us this year at home and the only significant player we lost is Thomas who will easily be replaced by another freak of nature on the OL. Our D is going to be lights OUT, P.J. is going to be a battering ram, plus we should have a better QB and Beckum as a major weapon.

If you make it that far, your title hopes will end when you face the BADGERS!

TIP
03-05-2007, 04:07 PM

CRUSH YOU TO GOO!

Seriously though, you lost to us this year at home and the only significant player we lost is Thomas who will easily be replaced by another freak of nature on the OL. Our D is going to be lights OUT, P.J. is going to be a battering ram, plus we should have a better QB and Beckum as a major weapon.

Ummm, ok stop right now. You barely beat us in Camp Randall, with our QB playin arguably his worst game of the season. You not only lose thomas, but a leader in John Stocco (I was convinced by seasons end his leadership wsa for real) And you act like PSU loses a lot...Not so fast my friend. Offensively they lose Hunt and Brown. Obviously that hurts, but the rest of the line returns with more experience. Morelli improved over the season and I'd expect him to play well this season. He will have several confidence builders coming into the tough games, and has a year under his belt. Austin Scott is a very good running back, he never got a shot because of hunt. He took a med. redshirt last year. He proved he was a force when he shredded FSU in the Orange Bowl two seasons ago. Watch out for him to. Derrick Williams, Deion Butler, and Jordan Noorwood are potentially the best trio of WRs in the Big Ten. If williams can cut some of the bulk and get that explosion back, he'll be much more dangerous. Butler is a speed demon who will give opposing CBs fits, and Noorwood in the slot is a force as well.

Defensively the only crucial losses are with Jay Alford and Puz. Shaw was solid, but not an impact guy. Pretty much everyone else is returning. The secondary, (which was supposed to be weak last year) proved that it was for real. Scirrotto was a great suprise and King is a top corner in the Big Ten and the country. Not sayin we will beat Wisconsin, it will be a great game. But you act like you'll roll us. Happy Valley is arguably one of the toughest places to play. We'll just have to wait and see

TitanHope
03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Kinda off topic but...

I hate Anthony Morelli. I have no reason for it, and its not because Penn St. beat Tenn. in the Outback Bowl. Its his eyes. Every friggin' time the commentators talked about him, the camera would cut to him and all you would see was him staring at the sidelines and his eyes were always wide open. They were huge! Kinda like the deer in head lights look, but not really since the game was close. I don't like them. And thus my hate for him.

Unbiased
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
9-1 Florida International
9-8 Notre Dame
9-15 Buffalo
9-22 @ Michigan
9-29 @ Illinois
10-6 Iowa
10-13 Wisconsin
10-20 @ Indiana
10-27 Ohio State
11-3 Purdue
11-10 @ Temple
11-17 @ Michigan State

I'm a bit of an optimistic but this could be THE year for the lions.

For our OOC schedule....well....LOL who am I kidding its a joke.

Notre Dame is the toughest team in our OOC. This will be either a close game or a blow out in the Lion's favor. They lose their best O-Line men, QB, and RB. They will be going against one, if not the best, secondary in the big ten. Notre Dame's defense who has been less then amazing will have to defend a experience O-Line and not a green QB and probably the second or third best WR corps in the big ten.

After that we got a Buffalo.

In 2005 I said the road to the National Championship goes through Michigan and Ohio State. Michgian we got early this year. Toughest game all year. a 50/50 coin toss to whoes going to win.

After that we have Illinois, Iowa, and Wisky. We should go 3-0 through that stretch. Wisky will give us trouble but last year was probably there best team and they only scored 13 points against us at home.

We have to go to Indiana until we have our second big game. Ohio State maybe the easiest one to say we will lose. In the past who ever has had the better D has won the game. In 2005 We won. in 2006 they won. This year they have probably the nastiest D in the big ten. We will have to make the big plays and stop them. We can not give up any.

After that we look to close out our season with at least a 3 game winning streak.

The keys to this year lie in our D-line, RB, and Morelli. We lost all but one D-Line men last year but have done pretty well recruiting in these past years. The D-line could cost us games against Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin who have great RB's. We lost one of our key pieces in Tony Hunt. Look for Austin Scott who had over 100 yards against a very good FSU defesne in 2005 but yet is coming off an injury. If he doesn't step in then look for Rodney Kinlaw. Morelli. Morelli. Morelli. If Morelli plays smart we can win our games. If Morelli plays like he did against UT. We can win.

nittanybo = fraud poster. why didn't you spell it wrong on purpose, buddy?

NittanyBo
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
nittanybo = fraud poster. why didn't you spell it wrong on purpose, buddy?
Unbias = TOF dangling from my dick.

NittanyBo
03-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Kinda off topic but...

I hate Anthony Morelli. I have no reason for it, and its not because Penn St. beat Tenn. in the Outback Bowl. Its his eyes. Every friggin' time the commentators talked about him, the camera would cut to him and all you would see was him staring at the sidelines and his eyes were always wide open. They were huge! Kinda like the deer in head lights look, but not really since the game was close. I don't like them. And thus my hate for him.
lol good reason not to like him

sweetness34
03-05-2007, 08:49 PM
This is not the year for Penn State. IMO Illinois will finish better than the Nittany Lions. Sorry buddy.

We should've beaten you in Happy Valley, and we return 20 of 22 starters. Anthony Morelli is probably besides Juice the most inconsistent QB in the Big 10 right now. And like snuff said, you pretty much lost your entire offense in Hunt.

Penn State will be boarderline top 5, if that this year.

sweetness34
03-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Btw, you ask too many "if" questions for my liking.

Hell if Juice can play like he did in the some of the games this year we could finish top 3. If our D can step up like it did against Ohio State every week we can be very dangerous. And if our WR's can catch the ball we're explosive.

TIP
03-05-2007, 08:53 PM
This is not the year for Penn State. IMO Illinois will finish better than the Nittany Lions. Sorry buddy.

We should've beaten you in Happy Valley, and we return 20 of 22 starters. Anthony Morelli is probably besides Juice the most inconsistent QB in the Big 10 right now. And like snuff said, you pretty much lost your entire offense in Hunt.

U of I...hahaha...good joke. I'm sorry no, there is no chance. PSU is returning I believe 17 starters. we were 9-4...you were 2-10...and one of your wins was vs. Mighty Eastern Illinois University...no, I'd bet my NFLDC life you do not win. U of I will make a bowl...but it will be by a slim margin

NittanyBo
03-05-2007, 08:55 PM

Did you not see the UT game? Morelli played smart. Our WR's are probably the second best WR group in the big ten and with 3/4 of the line returning it shouldn't matter a lot to who's running the ball and Austin Scott or Rodney Kinlaw are two great backs.

Steelcitytricks
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Who do you think will be the starters on the Oline this upcoming year? Also I heard somthing was up with Logan El is he coming back for sure?

NittanyBo
03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Who do you think will be the starters on the Oline this upcoming year? Also I heard somthing was up with Logan El is he coming back for sure?

Unbias has said he might transfer

Unbiased
03-05-2007, 09:33 PM

aq shipley, rich orhernberger (****** up the spelling i'm sure), gerald cadogan, john shaw, jesus christ

MaxV
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I hope ALE doesnt transfer. We'll be fine without him, but he's so talented.

NittanyBo
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
aq shipley, rich orhernberger (****** up the spelling i'm sure), gerald cadogan, john shaw, jesus christ
to undersized.

dware_94
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
is penn st really relevant enough to have a thread this long? :icon wink:

reigle9
03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I like how other teams' fans are telling the PSU fans about our own team. That's like me arguing with Bill Gates on how to run Microsoft. I just get so freaking frustrated by stupidity, I really shouldn't have the interent.

Logan-El is gone. Forget about him. 100% sure.

OhioState
03-06-2007, 08:05 PM
i think that Ohio State will win at State College but i am always wary of going there. I will always remember when they beat us in a very close game in 2005 and how the student section was so loud! And our team that year was national championship caliber, that is a tough place to play!

NittanyBo
03-06-2007, 09:59 PM
i think that Ohio State will win at State College but i am always wary of going there. I will always remember when they beat us in a very close game in 2005 and how the student section was so loud! And our team that year was national championship caliber, that is a tough place to play!

If Ohio State would've beaten Texas then we probably would've been playing for a NC.

Thanks Guys!;)

Eagles02
03-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I was just about to post a real long message about why Penn State will not be as good as people think this year, but I'll look at it from a positive perspective instead.

We are going to win at least 3 games, no matter how bad Morelli is, no matter what Austin Scott does that keeps him off the field, and no matter how inconsistent our line is.

Unbiased
03-10-2007, 09:54 PM
I like how other teams' fans are telling the PSU fans about our own team. That's like me arguing with Bill Gates on how to run Microsoft. I just get so freaking frustrated by stupidity, I really shouldn't have the interent.

Logan-El is gone. Forget about him. 100% sure.

i will lmfao if he transfers to maryland. he'd have to wear a navy blue tie when he announces that though.

gstock05
03-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Anthony Morelli is terrible and PSU has no runningback to cover up for the ineptness of Morelli.

I don't see how PSU is any bit of a better team than a team such as Iowa, Michigan State etc. There are two players who will be starting for PSU next year that are "very good" and thats Justin King and Maurice Evans. PSU will be decent on defense, but their offense will be even worse than this year...No way do they win the Big 10. Although I agree Beating PSU at home will be tough for OSU. Especially if it's a night game.

And BTW, DWill is not good as he didnt do squat last year. Nowhere near Manningham, Robiskie, Hartline, or any of the other stud Junior to-be receivers.

TIP
03-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Anthony Morelli is terrible and PSU has no runningback to cover up for the ineptness of Morelli.

I don't see how PSU is any bit of a better team than a team such as Iowa, Michigan State etc. There are two players who will be starting for PSU next year that are "very good" and thats Justin King and Maurice Evans. PSU will be decent on defense, but their offense will be even worse than this year...No way do they win the Big 10. Although I agree Beating PSU at home will be tough for OSU. Especially if it's a night game.

And BTW, DWill is not good as he didnt do squat last year. Nowhere near Manningham, Robiskie, Hartline, or any of the other stud Junior to-be receivers.

sigh...such an inferior post. Morrelli improved over the carse of the yeear and played very well in the final game vs. a very good UT pass Defense, so wrong there. And as for no running game, wrong again, Austin Scott, a very good back, is taking over. He tore apart FSU two years ago in the Orange Bowl. And if you think that Robiskie and Hartline are better than Dwill, leave the board...immediately please. So stop it OSU homer

gstock05
03-11-2007, 11:22 PM
sigh...such an inferior post. Morrelli improved over the carse of the yeear and played very well in the final game vs. a very good UT pass Defense, so wrong there. And as for no running game, wrong again, Austin Scott, a very good back, is taking over. He tore apart FSU two years ago in the Orange Bowl. And if you think that Robiskie and Hartline are better than Dwill, leave the board...immediately please. So stop it OSU homer

Let see here, DWill was the team's #2 Receiver and caught 440 yards the entire year.

Brian Robiskie was the team's #3 receiver who did not start. He caught only 60 less yards than DWill. He's also taller. Therefore Robiskie > D Will. Sorry.

I won't argue Hartline since that'll be a tough arguement, but the fact remains, DWILL is not that good.

Second, Austin Scott is not a very good back. He averaged 4.2 yards per carry in his "good" game vs. FSU. That's pretty bad for your best game.

Third, Morelli had a mediocre game vs. Tennessee, and did not improve over the end of the year. If he had improved towards the end of the year, he would have passed for over 45 % completion percent against dominant defensive power Michigan State (sarcasm intended). Actually, if you look at his stats, he got worse as the season went on. And by the way, the Tennessee pass defensive wasn't exactly extraordinary. They were decent, but not excellent.

OhioState
03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
dwill did not do anthing in the face of enormous hype last year, he is not that good. And no matter what you say about Morrelli he did not do good against Tenn because of himself, tony Hunt tore that field up and guess what, hes gone

TIP
03-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Let see here, DWill was the team's #2 Receiver and caught 440 yards the entire year.

Brian Robiskie was the team's #3 receiver who did not start. He caught only 60 less yards than DWill. He's also taller. Therefore Robiskie > D Will. Sorry.

I won't argue Hartline since that'll be a tough arguement, but the fact remains, DWILL is not that good.

Second, Austin Scott is not a very good back. He averaged 4.2 yards per carry in his "good" game vs. FSU. That's pretty bad for your best game.

Third, Morelli had a mediocre game vs. Tennessee, and did not improve over the end of the year. If he had improved towards the end of the year, he would have passed for over 45 % completion percent against dominant
defensive power Michigan State (sarcasm intended). Actually, if you look at his stats, he got worse as the season went on. And by the way, the Tennessee pass defensive wasn't exactly extraordinary. They were decent, but not excellent.

Arguing with you OSU homers is pointless I guess. Hartline and Robiskie had TROY SMITH the heisman winner, throwing to him. Morelli was in his first year starting, with a bad OLINE. Dwill and butler were constntly overthrown this year. And Did you people even watch any PSU games beside the OSU one? no, so shut it. I watched several OSU games, so yea, I know that Robiskie and Hartlline aren't on the same talent wavelength as Dwill. Do you remember 2 years ago when Dwill tore up your team??? If not for his injury he could have had an outstanding year. If you two think that Robiskie and Hartline are better receivers than Derrick Williams...you are homers and should not be talked to.

TIP
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
also Gstock...4.2 ypc is bad? wow...since when is that bad? Especially against that tough FSU defense.

gstock05
03-12-2007, 04:28 PM
also Gstock...4.2 ypc is bad? wow...since when is that bad? Especially against that tough FSU defense.

This is college, not NFL. If that's your best game, that's pretty bad.

Second, I'm not argueing, just pointing out facts. If you want to believe that Morelli is going to be good this year, great. But I'd venture to say that 90% of the college football world realizes Morelli is mediocre and isn't going to improve very much.

Third, the offensive line won't be much better this year after losing Levi Brown.

Fourth, I have watched PSU play more than one game this year, and thats why I'm typing this.

Fifth, DWill did not tear up our team in 2005. Unless you count 27 yards receiving as Tearing us up. He had one easy touchdown run that Tony Hunt could have made had he received the ball too.

Believe what you want, but I don't expect PSU to beat many elite teams this year. They'll beat up the average and bad teams they play, but Not Michigan, Wisconsin, OSU, and Iowa.

TIP
03-12-2007, 04:42 PM
This is college, not NFL. If that's your best game, that's pretty bad.

Second, I'm not argueing, just pointing out facts. If you want to believe that Morelli is going to be good this year, great. But I'd venture to say that 90% of the college football world realizes Morelli is mediocre and isn't going to improve very much.

Third, the offensive line won't be much better this year after losing Levi Brown.

Fourth, I have watched PSU play more than one game this year, and thats why I'm typing this.

Fifth, DWill did not tear up our team in 2005. Unless you count 27 yards receiving as Tearing us up. He had one easy touchdown run that Tony Hunt could have made had he received the ball too.

Believe what you want, but I don't expect PSU to beat many elite teams this year. They'll beat up the average and bad teams they play, but Not Michigan, Wisconsin, OSU, and Iowa.

You're right, sorry I was looking at the minnesota game, my bad. But no 4.2 is not BAD. it isn't ewxceptional, but it is still solind. And they will beat Iowa, that I'd bet big money on, but the other games I believe are toss ups. You forget PSU is a very young team, so they willl improve. Including the Oline

Iamcanadian
03-15-2007, 08:02 AM
If Morelli has a huge year, Penn St will be very tough with that schedule, playing most of their tough opponents at home. If Morelli doesn't have a huge season, Penn St won't be that good. That's football folks!

Sniper
03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Ah no Scott will get 1100+ yards next year. Tough powerful runner who can make guys miss. But seriously, are PSU fans that biased that they actually think MORELLI?!?!?!?! will have a good year? Come on guys...The same Anthony Morelli who struggled to complete 50% of his passes? Seriously?
gstock05, I wasn't aware that 26 carries for 110 yards and a touchdown was bad. Maybe I'm wrong. Didn't that FSU defense have 6 guys drafted, including 4 in the top 19? Terrible game for Austin then, absolutely pathetic

gstock05
03-16-2007, 01:20 PM
I wasn't aware that 26 carries for 110 yards and a touchdown was bad. Maybe I'm wrong. Didn't that FSU defense have 6 guys drafted, including 4 in the top 19? Terrible game for Austin then, absolutely pathetic

Apparently you cant read then. I didn't say it was bad, I just said that if that's his best game and he's a fourth year senior, I'm not impressed and I'm certainly not "afraid" of him.

TIP
03-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Apparently you cant read then. I didn't say it was bad, I just said that if that's his best game and he's a fourth year senior, I'm not impressed and I'm certainly not "afraid" of him.

That was the only game he started...pretty good considering the opponent...and sniper...Morelli did struggle...in his first year staring, and playing in ND, Wisc, and OSU, and also playing against MIch...he showed something though vs. Tenn, so he gave us some light to look forward to...but its anyones guess

DeathbyStat
03-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I think best case....we go to the capital one bowl.

mcdlaxbonz13
04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
The big thing is that almost all of their tough games are at home, and everyone knows playing at happy valley is very difficult, especially if they are having the white out, all i know is im glad ill be getting season tickets for next year because we will see alot of good games

Zyro_1014
04-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Florida INT
Buffalo
Temple

I would be "embarrassed" if i spelt as horribly as you do

DeathbyStat
04-04-2007, 09:32 AM
9-1 Florida International W
9-8 Notre Dame W could easily be a loss
9-15 Buffalo W
9-22 @ Michigan L won't be a win no way in hell
9-29 @ Illinois W Could easily be a loss
10-6 Iowa-W
10-13 Wisconsin-L
10-20 @ Indiana-W Could easily be a loss
10-27 Ohio State-W I'm not too confident
11-3 Purdue-W
11-10 @ Temple-W
11-17 @ Michigan State-W

Best Case-10-2

Worst Case-6-6

Best Case-Bowl Capital One.

OhioState
04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
I think PSU is capable of nine wins with their schedule. They will not beat either Michigan or OHIO STATE but i will be watching when they play wisco, is should be fun.

MaxV
04-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Here's my prediction of starters:

QB - Anthony Morelli
RB - Austin Scott
FB - Matt Hahn
WR - Deon Butler
WR - Derrick Williams
TE - Andrew Quarless
LT - Gerald Cadogan
RT - John Shaw
OG - Rich Ornburger
OG - Lou Eliades
OC - AJ Shipley

DE - Maurice Evans
DE - Josh Gaines
DT - Jared Odrick
DT - Philip Taylor
OLB - Sean Lee
OLB - Jerome Hayes
ILB - Dan Connor
CB - Justin King
CB - AJ Wallace
SS - Anthony Scirotto
FS - Tony Davis

DeathbyStat
04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Here's my prediction of starters:

QB - Anthony Morelli
RB - Austin Scott
FB - Matt Hahn
WR - Deon Butler
WR - Derrick Williams
TE - Andrew Quarless
LT - Gerald Cadogan
RT - John Shaw
OG - Rich Ornburger
OG - Lou Eliades
OC - AJ Shipley

DE - Maurice Evans
DE - Josh Gaines
DT - Jared Odrick
DT - Philip Taylor
OLB - Sean Lee
OLB - Jerome Hayes
ILB - Dan Connor
CB - Justin King
CB - AJ Wallace
SS - Anthony Scirotto
FS - Tony Davis

Looks about right....Derrick Williams better step up....what happened to the days when he juked AJ Hawk out of his shoes.

MaxV
04-04-2007, 04:06 PM
BTW, keep an eye on Aaron Maybin. He's undersized at this point, but he also has an EXPLOSIVE first step.

He reminds me of Colts' DE Robert Mathis.

NittanyLion2k7
04-05-2007, 04:45 PM
ANyone know the story behind Logan EL being done with football? I can't read the **** on rivals... but I'm guessing he quit because of something with his family.

MaxV
04-06-2007, 09:26 AM
ANyone know the story behind Logan EL being done with football? I can't read the **** on rivals... but I'm guessing he quit because of something with his family.

I'm very dissappointed in this one.

I thought he would be our future RT.

BTW, the guy who may be our starting OT in the future might be Johnie Troutman. Originally recruited as a DE/DT, he has good mobility, and has been converted to OL now.

He does need to get healthy.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Anyone have any progress reports on Evan Royster?

MaxV
04-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Anyone have any progress reports on Evan Royster?

I hope he gets some playing time this year. I think he and Carter could be a good duo in 2008.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I hope he gets some playing time this year. I think he and Carter could be a good duo in 2008.

He is a very well rounded back speaking on watching him 3 years in high school. Size isn't great but he has good power, agility, vision, and shiftiness, size is his only problem. The Concorde District in Northern VA sure did produce some great backs last year, Keith Payne(UVA), Royster(Penn State), Lucas Caparelli(Wake Forest)

MaxV
04-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Royster is up to 210 according to BWI, not sure if that's accurate.

tdpennstate
04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Only games I'm real worried about are Wisconsin and Michigan. Michigan at ann arbor will be tough, but they are rebuilding their defense and Penn State has the best Wr group in the big 10.

As for wisconsin, its pretty evenly matched, Badgers come to Happy Valley witch I think will give psu the edge, student section will be rocking that game.

Sniper
04-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Michigan IS rebuilding their defense, but then again so was Ohio State last year, and it looks like it turned out ok. Terrance Taylor is an animal and will be the anchor to the Michigan D. As far as PSU's wideouts, Derrick Williams is highly overrated, but the other ones are very good. It looks like it could be a very good game, but as a Michigan fan I look at the PSU QB situation and don't fear PSU as much. And hey, if we need an extra second or two, you know we're gonna get it;)

DoWnThEfiElD
04-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Wait did you just say a 1st round NFL LB hurt you more than helped you last year, your crazy.

JCarver27
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I like how other teams' fans are telling the PSU fans about our own team. That's like me arguing with Bill Gates on how to run Microsoft. I just get so freaking frustrated by stupidity, I really shouldn't have the interent. maybe it's because 99% of all Penn State fans are so idiotically biased that they need an outsiders perspective if they want any realistic outlook on the team.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 03:27 PM
True, but some PSU haters are so idiotically biased as well.

tdpennstate
04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Redshirt sophomore receiver dismissed from Penn State football program for an unspecified violation of team rules.

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/638670.html

Eagles02
04-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm excited to see Chris Bell this season. He looks like he will be a playmaker.

Unbiased
04-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Way to go, Bo. Right on the mark. Was it me who directly told you another 4-loss season? All signs point to yes.

fenikz
04-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Was gonna make a thread but decided against it

Who do you think is the best LB out of the 3

Posluszny, Connor, or Lee

I'm real surprised that Connor has dropped so far, seems undeserved, but I thought the same thing about Puz last year

brat316
04-07-2008, 11:39 PM
u will lose to the owls Temple that is

Billingsley26
04-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Was gonna make a thread but decided against it

Who do you think is the best LB out of the 3

Posluszny, Connor, or Lee

I'm real surprised that Connor has dropped so far, seems undeserved, but I thought the same thing about Puz last year

I still like Posluszny the best. Once Tedy Bruschi retires, Pos will be my favourite LB.

Its no surprise that Connor is falling. I mean, it is stupid that he is, but not really surprising. Teams get caught up in the whole "athletic freak" type player, but I still think that Connor has the best intangibles of all LB's, and is the smartest player.

Sniper
04-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Some gems from this thread....

And that was Morelli's 4th game ever, against the #1 team in the nation...in Columbus...you don't think he's improved at all?

Nope, he didn't.

wow...clueless?

and why are we not a NC team? I mean we return all but 2 players on offense and we return 6 players on D.

1. Manningham dominated King in HS and smoked him for a long TD in 05.
2. Because Anthony Morelli was your QB

CRUSH YOU TO GOO!

U of I...hahaha...good joke. I'm sorry no, there is no chance. PSU is returning I believe 17 starters. we were 9-4...you were 2-10...and one of your wins was vs. Mighty Eastern Illinois University...no, I'd bet my NFLDC life you do not win. U of I will make a bowl...but it will be by a slim margin

If not for his injury he could have had an outstanding year. If you two think that Robiskie and Hartline are better receivers than Derrick Williams...you are homers and should not be talked to.

Unbiased
04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
1. Manningham dominated King in HS and smoked him for a long TD in 05.

When did Harding ever play Gateway? The only "dominating" I remember about Manningham is that he dominated O'Neal out of Glenville who turned out to be an excellent starting safety at OSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pU604xk4Eo&NR=1

:47 in to the clip. Yes, Manningham scored as King was matched up on him. It was a 33 yard pass, hardly a "long" touchdown. And King clearly did not slip there after running stride for stride. Good call.

Sniper
04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
When did Harding ever play Gateway? The only "dominating" I remember about Manningham is that he dominated O'Neal out of Glenville who turned out to be an excellent starting safety at OSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pU604xk4Eo&NR=1

:47 in to the clip. Yes, Manningham scored as King was matched up on him. It was a 33 yard pass, hardly a "long" touchdown. And King clearly did not slip there after running stride for stride. Good call.

33 yards isn't a long TD? News to me.

And I thought Harding played Gateway, but it could just be Glenville.

And 4.6 Manningham shouldn't be beating 4.31 Justin King. Thanks for acknowledging my good call.

Unbiased
04-08-2008, 12:24 PM
33 yards isn't a long TD? News to me.

And I thought Harding played Gateway, but it could just be Glenville.

And 4.6 Manningham shouldn't be beating 4.31 Justin King. Thanks for acknowledging my good call.

To be fair, this play was probably before Manningham did the majority of his dope-smoking, putting him in the 4.40 range.