PDA

View Full Version : Should we trade Maroney?

AntoinCD
01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I was thinking about the current needs, especially on defense, and what the draft strategy would be. Then I thought that after another poor season lost to injury that Maroney could be expendable. Does anyone agree or does he have enough upside to keep even though there is a stable of good RBs. I say if we could get a third for him we let him go. Any thoughts?

Bigburt63
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
i doubt we would get much for him, and imnot ready to give up on him yet

AntoinCD
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I doubt we would get a lot either but he's made of glass. Every season he gets hurt. He also isn't great catching out of the backfield which is a big weapon for either Cassel or Brady in the system.

Don Vito
01-12-2009, 02:14 PM
No way. We wouldn't get anything for him but he still is young and has a lot of potential, if he can stay healthy he could be great for this team. No team would want to trade for a kid who has been hurt most of his career and hasn't really proved anything.

Nalej
01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Makes no sense to trade him, except to dump his salary.
His potential outweighs anything we could get for him...
'cause no team will give anything valuable for such an injury prone player.
If he could stay healthy one complete season and do what we all know he's capable of...
I'm sure these questions would die quickly

luckyjackaubrey
01-13-2009, 10:39 AM
AS all have said above, the return would not match the potential. You have to hold on to him.

HellonEarth84
01-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Let him have a big breakout year and then trade him when his value is high.

Seems like the type of guy that would prosper in another system. I don't think he likes the maturity and discipline of the New England franchise.

The only reason he hasn't been cut/traded yet is because he's so young still, and has a terribly cheap contract considering he was a 1st round pick.

FlyingElvis
01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
I agree with most here. He really doesn't have enough value to trade him. A 3rd round pick is not likely to bring a better talent to NE. I was so stoked when he fell to us b/c I figured he'd be gone by 15 and the Pats would be looking at LenDale White - which would never have happened.

He has the talent. I would much rather see the Pats stick with him. At this point if he doesn't blow up maybe even resign him anyway since it wouldn't cost much. Giving up on him due to injuries ensures he'll go somewhere else and go off.

Cronin
01-23-2009, 08:46 AM
AS all have said above, the return would not match the potential. You have to hold on to him.

Exactly. :)

Bostonsportlova
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I would like to see a healthy Maroney paired up with a big back like when he was a rookie with corey dillion.

nepg
02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
No point trading him. They're not going to get anything for him, and he can still fill a few valuable roles when he's healthy...whether he can start or not... He's relatively cheap depth, and can return kicks.
________
KutieDoll (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/KutieDoll/)

ElectricEye
02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I would like to see a healthy Maroney paired up with a big back like when he was a rookie with corey dillion.

That might be the best role for him. Worked quite well his rookie year. However, I think the other power type back would outshine him in our system.