PDA

View Full Version : Bly wants to play for Redskins?

JC the Savior
03-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Dre' Bly reportedly wants to play for the Redskins, and could force a trade from Denver.

Bly and Washington were negotiating a contract when it looked like he might be traded to Washington. Denver coach Mike Shanahan reportedly likes Shawn Springs and Ladell Betts, so there is a chance trade talks will resume. Bly reportedly agreed to terms on a new deal with Denver, but nothing has been signed.

I just saw that on Rotoworld...what's up with that?

WMD
03-04-2007, 05:07 PM
I thought Dre wanted to play for a winner?

P-L
03-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Yeah, but the Redskins will overpay him...

WMD
03-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah, but the Redskins will overpay him...

He was overpaid already..

elway777
03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't want a player who doesn't want to play for us, hopefully we would be able to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder out of Washington since they don't value the draft anyways.

skinzzfan25
03-04-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't want a player who doesn't want to play for us, hopefully we would be able to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder out of Washington since they don't value the draft anyways.

We don't have either of those picks lol. I'd like to see Bly in Washington, he's pretty solid. Where do you guys pick in the first round? I know that they are trying to trade down for more picks.

JC the Savior
03-04-2007, 06:20 PM
We don't have either of those picks lol. I'd like to see Bly in Washington, he's pretty solid. Where do you guys pick in the first round? I know that they are trying to trade down for more picks.

We pick at 21

elway777
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM

LOL, that just contributes to my point on how much the Skins value the draft. Denver picks at 21 in the 1st round.

Jimmy
03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
ill only be happy if we dont get shawn springs. seriously..
lets trade tatum bell george foster and a 5th for ladell betts and shawn springs?

21ST
03-04-2007, 10:47 PM

he wants to get paid

diabsoule
03-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Broncos | Team still working on deal with Washington
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:41:49 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos are actively trying to work out a deal, with the Broncos seeking the No. 6 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft and the Redskins looking to acquire CB Dre' Bly. The Broncos tried to offer LB Al Wilson and a package of draft picks for the Redskins' high draft pick, but the deal fell through when the Redskins opted to sign LB London Fletcher-Baker instead of trading for Wilson. Also, the Redskins have offered CB Shawn Springs in a deal for Bly, but the Broncos are not willing to give the Redskins cap relief for the $7.5 million charge they would receive by trading Springs. With both teams still coveting their targets, and with Bly still reportedly looking to play in Washington, it is still possible for some kind of swap involving Bly and the Redskins' first-round pick to happen before the draft.

Jimmy
03-07-2007, 04:52 PM
The Broncos tried to offer LB Al Wilson and a package of draft picks for the Redskins' high draft pick

WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DARE GET RID OF AL.
I've officially began hating Pat Bowlen.

SimonRath
03-07-2007, 06:29 PM
hey what do you guys want for Bly?? Cause D. Hall of the Falcons (if i heard it right) wat the Falcons to pursue him

SimonRath
03-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Sorry, I aint got kids so that means he's free?!