PDA

View Full Version : Ahman Green signs with Houston

comahan
03-04-2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

" Running back Ahman Green (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12404) reached agreement on a contract with Houston Texans."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4601378.html (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4601378.html)

The Texans have reached an agreement with their first free agent Green Bay running back Ahmad Green.

Green, 30, is signing a four-year contract worth $22 million, including $6.5 million in guarantees.

JoeMontainya
03-04-2007, 05:07 PM
WOW, no more Adrien Peterson talks im guessing.

comahan
03-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Like I said in the NFL section, my personal hope is that this signing leads to Landry as the definite pick.

JoeMontainya
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Whats the odds with Quinn now? Isnt Carr on the block?

neko4
03-04-2007, 05:18 PM
I agree that Landry should be on the way.
Green should have a few good games, but HOU should really be relining on Lundy to devolop.

primetime0506
03-04-2007, 05:26 PM
siging green doesnt take peterson out of the equation. Green has been hurt the last few years and is looking really old so if peterson some how falls to 8 we will take him but landary just might be the pick.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
You guys need to trade Lundy to the Ravens or something where he can start cause the kid is for real.

comahan
03-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Youre Lundy love in unbelievable lol. I thought I was the biggest Lundy supporter but nooooooo.

Silly UVA fan!

morknolle
03-04-2007, 05:49 PM
If Peterson is available I'd still take him. Green has been a very good RB in the past, but he's already 30 years old and has been dinged up for most of his career. We paid Green a lot of money, but having him and Peterson we could have a dangerous 2-back system and help keep Peterson fresh for a year or two until Green has outlived his usefulness. However, I think this move shows how little confidence the team has that Peterson will fall to us at #8. I'm not real fond of the amount of money we paid Green, but it does help lock down our huge need at RB and give us a formidable option there, so I like the move.

UTPATS
03-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Where will Dom "Davis" Williams fit in now?

Number 10
03-04-2007, 06:17 PM
What does this do to Domanick Davis.

morknolle
03-04-2007, 06:22 PM
What does this do to Domanick Davis.

Where will Dom "Davis" Williams fit in now?

He will likely be released. It didn't sound like he was expected to be able to play or at least carry any kind of significant workload, so unless he's willing to take a drastic pay cut then he won't be around much longer.

Grid
03-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Even with huge pay cut, I don't think DD/DW can play football with his bum knee any more. He will get cut along with Kailee Wong in spring training for sure. Texans are trying to clear all the dead weight this year and get their payroll back (salary cap) in order.

Next year we will have more money to work with in the FA.

UTPATS
03-05-2007, 08:52 AM
From the reports I hear about Williams, it sounds like he is healing well and could be ready to challenge Green and Lundy. Dont forget how good this guy was with possibly one of the worst O-line in NFL history...j/k

BroadwayJoe10
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
so i heard rumors of texans eyeing AD or marshawn lynch, does the signing of green completely change that?? for true texans fans whats their ideal first round pick??

cunningham06
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
No it doesn't, like I've said before if AD is still on board when we pick we will either pick him or trade down. I seriously doubt that we wouldn't take him if he were available at our pick. It wouldn't be a good idea to give him the load right away anyway given his history of injuries. If anything I think this signing shows that we are eyeing AD closely since we brought in a back who is good but not spectacular to split carries.

Damix
03-15-2007, 09:50 PM
cunningham [removed expletive] you have no idea what you're talking about
You're an idiot, go away

cunningham06
03-16-2007, 12:12 AM
cunningham [removed expletive] you have no idea what you're talking about

Why you gotta be like that?

MP123
03-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Dumb signing. He's 30 years old, declining, and tore his thigh muscle. He's not that good anymore and was overpaid.

cunningham06
03-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Dumb signing. He's 30 years old, declining, and tore his thigh muscle. He's not that good anymore and was overpaid.

It's not a bad signing at all. Sure he's declining but if we keep him more than two seasons I will be surprised. Which means he would not see close to all of the money from that contract. As for getting overpaid, welcome to FA this year. Everyone is getting more money than they deserve, it's just the trend this year. The Texans have plenty of cap space and so far we haven't really made any other impact FA signings, so it doesn't really make a difference to us we still have plenty of cap room.