PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Change Thread.

summond822
01-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Okay, I was looking around the internet and I found a report by Adam Schefter saying that Greg Knapp, Mora's offensive coordinator in Atlanta, would be assuming the same responsibilities in Seattle.

I really don't know what to make of this. Does anyone know what type of offense Knapp plans on running?

I am really starting to question the Jim Mora hiring if all he is going to do is keep bringing in people who were with him in Atlanta...

OneToughGame
01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
From what I've read on him he favors the WCO which is good news. Bad thing is he was Oakland's OC......

PACKmanN
01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
he also favors the ZBS, I don't think you guys can make the switch right away.

summond822
01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
From what I've read on him he favors the WCO which is good news. Bad thing is he was Oakland's OC......

Well, thats a definite good news/bad news scenario...

The only thing that would make this a good news/good news scenario would be if Kiffin was the one who had brought him to Oakland and not Al Davis.

thefalconer
01-08-2009, 08:00 AM
all i remember from his tenure with the falcons was that his playcall was VERY predictable and yes he ran a ZBS. good luck with him and mora.

OneToughGame
01-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Worst case scenario we're stuck with Mora as HC for 3 ****** seasons :\
Only good thing to come from him being HC is that John Marshall will be gone.

Babylon
01-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Knapp is going to look like Bill Walsh if they bring in Rod Marinelli from the 0-16 Lions to run the defense.

Menardo75
01-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I really don't think this is an improvement over Haskil.

summond822
01-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Thinking about it...they were converting to a ZBS earlier this year. That's the big changes that Solari and Deboard were bringing to the line. I remember reading comments from Sean Locklear before the season saying they were going to do more zone blocking, so maybe it isn't that much of a transition after all...

summond822
01-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Well, Jim Mora has proceeded to add two more pieces to his coaching staff. 1 is the new defensive coordinator and the other is the new defensive line coach.

www.theolympian.com/seahawks/story/722880.html (http://www.theolympian.com/seahawks/story/722880.html)

(This is a newspaper site and the story is free to view so I didn't think that it was against the rules to post it)

Found this story while I was browsing through Yahoo Sports.

Casey Bradley, the linebacker's coach from Tampa Bay, is our new defensive coordinator.

Dan Quinn, a defensive line coach from the NYJ, is our new defensive line/assistant head coach.

Also, the article mentions that Joe Barry, the defensive coordinator for the Lions last year..., is rumored to be the new linebackers coach. (Hopefully it isn't finalized yet.)

Thoughts?

jballa838
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Tampa Bay has great defensive lineage, which is pretty solid. I dont know much on Quinn though.

summond822
01-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Apparently Monte Kiffin lobbied pretty hard for him, and he has had some pretty good defensive minds come out from under him.

That said, I really don't know much about Quinn either, but the Tampa 2 should be a good fit.

jballa838
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
if we can get a solid pass rush.

summond822
01-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Hopefully we can.

Instead of opening another thread, I am just going to post that they added another coach. This time it's a WR's coach, Robert Prince. He worked with Mora again in Atlanta.

Also, Mike Debord was promoted from assistant offensive line coach to tight ends coach.

Mora is looking at hiring a new DB coach.

And the following coaches will be back (according to the latest report):
Bruce DeHaven - Special Teams
Mike Solari - Offensive Line
Bill Lazor - QB Coach
Kasey Dunn - RB's Coach
Larry Marmie - Assistant DB coach

There are a few others that will be retained, but it doesn't mention them.

jballa838
01-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Mora is bringing his entire atlanta staff with him here. Thanks for the research summond. Very nice stuff.

jballa838
01-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Will Merge those two threads into this one.

summond822
01-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks. Outside of the new DB coach, whenever that get announced, I think that he is pretty much done with the coaching moves.

summond822
01-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Found the new DB coach.

Name is Tim Lewis.

Fun Facts:
-Has coached in the NFL for 14 season
-Spent the last 2 in Carolina as the secondary coach
-Was the defensive coordinator in Pittsburgh in 2001 when they had the #1 ranked defense
-Spent three years as a coordinator with the Giants and in 2005, they didn't allow a touchdown for 15 quarters.

Best hiring so far this offseason?

jballa838
01-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Carolina's DBs were awful this year, but he is a solid coach. Now best hiring maybe, but lets see him work with our safeties first.

summond822
01-22-2009, 10:29 PM
From an experience standpoint he could possibly be called the best hiring. I wasn't really looking at how Carolina did this last season, so I'll take your word for it.

I am going to have to say Casey Bradley is at the top of my list right now for the Seahawks. There's this new guy down the road at Montlake though, who I am really looking forward to watching though.

jballa838
01-22-2009, 11:41 PM
From an experience standpoint he could possibly be called the best hiring. I wasn't really looking at how Carolina did this last season, so I'll take your word for it.

I am going to have to say Casey Bradley is at the top of my list right now for the Seahawks. There's this new guy down the road at Montlake though, who I am really looking forward to watching though.
I want to see if we can transition to the tampa 2 immediately.

gpngc
01-23-2009, 05:28 PM
I want to see if we can transition to the tampa 2 immediately.

Brian Russell says whatttttttttttttt?

BaLLiN
04-03-2010, 04:49 PM
are you guys going to a 3-4?