PDA

View Full Version : Eh, I was bored

Acreboy
03-04-2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/Acreboy1.aspx

7 round mock, comments if you want.

Only my second mock ever, hope it doesn't show.

hugegmenfan
03-04-2007, 05:35 PM
the "eh, i was bored" mock resulted in an "eh" giants mock
good 1st round pick
2nd round address OLB for sure if not in the 1st- give us earl everett there
3rd round- a DT is an ok pick but address the oline here may b Bradon Frye
4th round- henry is ok
5th round- good
6th round- Best Defensive Player Available
7th round- BPA

SeanTaylorRIP
03-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I stand by Anderson>Gaines but sensible pick there. 5th Round so many other guys available who I'd take who really won't be there but Jason Hill, Mason Crosby. 6th round give us Baraka Atkins or Desmond Bishop.

Ravens:
1st Rounder:B
2nd Rounder:C+
3rd Rounder:C+
5th Rounder:B
6th Rounder:A+
7th Rounder:A

drmoyer421
03-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Bills draft started off well.. with Willis and Hughes

but after the other day signing three Olinemen and drafting three last year and all but one under 30 years old.. I believe they will not take any linemen in the first day of the darft and possibly not in the entirety of it.

they are planning on trading away McGahee, most believe they will try to pick up one in the first day.

art vandelay
03-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Overall, a poor Bills draft.

Willis and Hughes are decent, but after that it all goes downhill. Marv Levy didn't mention TE as a need, we aren't going to add any more O-Lineman this offseason, we already have an abundance, making Alleman and Stapleton bad picks. Leak in the 7th is OK i guess, although I wouldn't call QB a need until Kelly Holcomb is cut. We have 3 QB's on the current roster who are making $1 million+ each. Also, you failed to address RB and WR, two positions which Levy said that we are drafting. He said that we will be selecting a Day 1 RB. Finally, we need a NT badly, if you didn't know.

Overall Grade - D+

BkBeef1768
03-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Overall not a bad Browns mock draft. The 1st round was probably your worst pick for them. I know there is a lot of Browns fans out there that will hate to hear this, but there is no way we draft Adrian Peterson over Joe Thomas. So I say have us take Thomas or trade down. I know this also has to change the 2nd round pick you have for the Browns, so I could see us taking Marcus McCauley or even Anthony Spencer. The only other pick I would like to offer a suggestion on, is your 6th round pick, Stuckey is a quality WR, but there is a local kid from The Ohio State University named Roy Hall that I believe we would take in that situation. The kid is 6'5'' and 245, and will run a 40 in the 4.4 range. I believe Phil and company will see this at Ohio State's Pro Day, and fall in love with him, as many other teams will too.

morknolle
03-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Texans picks:

1st) I personally would prefer Jamaal Anderson, but I have no problem at all with Landry, especially after showing how athletic he was at the Combine. That said, I think it's a 50/50 chance the team would take Landry instead of Anderson. Okoye and Hall may also receive some consideration, but I think Landry would probably get the nod here.

2nd) Going by who you have available, I think Anthony Spencer would likely be given the nod here, especially if we go with a DB in the 1st. I think Spencer is a better player than McCauley and we do need another DE to play opposite Mario Williams, and I'm not sure we'd use our first two picks on DBs. Now if Chris Houston was available then I'd go with him here, but since it's McCauley/Bennett vs. Spencer I think Spencer would be chosen, but McCauley isn't a bad selection by any means.

3rd) I personally would be ok with this pick, although since we just signed Ahman Green and gave him the kind of money we did I don't know for sure that we take a RB this high. We need to be looking for a solid RB that can be a long-term option since Green probably won't live out his 4 year contract, but I don't know that they'd use this high of a pick on one. If Ryan Kalil is somehow available this late, I can virtually guarantee he would be our pick, and I'd love that pick too. C is the weakest link on our OLine and he's a very good prospect there. That said, I don't see him being available, but if he is as your mock has then he'd definitely get the nod. If he's gone, I'd prefer Beekman or maybe Blades to Pittman.

4th) This wouldn't be a bad option. I'd prefer to go elsewhere with our 3rd round pick (i.e. grab Blades there), then grab a RB here (Darius Walker, Lorenzo Booker, and Chris Henry are available here in your mock). Andy Alleman and Allen Barbre would also be options to add athletic depth to our interior OLine, Trent Edwards may get a look at this point in the draft, and Jonathan Wade is also available and would be a very nice addition at this point if we haven't grabbed a CB yet.

5th) I don't know much about him at all, but if Jason Hill is available here (as he is in your mock), then I am quite sure they'd look at him. He has decent size and very good speed and we need another WR that is capable of making some big plays, so if he's somehow around at this point then I'd definitely take him. Jacoby Jones or Rhema McKnight would be a possibility assuming Hill is gone. Ikaika Alama-Francis would also be an option and would be a nice value this late in the draft. If we haven't gotten a RB yet Deshawn Wynn would also be a nice option here.

6th) I don't like this pick. It's hard to nitpick a 6th round pick too much, but Johnson isn't a very good fit for our ZBS. Jay Moore and Brandon Jackson would all be nice picks here depending on what we do earlier in the draft, as would Zak DeOssie, Desmond Bishop, Dallas Sartz, or Samson Satele.

7th) I don't know much about him, judging from how big they have him listed at I don't know that we'd look at him. I'd prefer Derek Landri as a DT. Zabransky could be a decent fit in our offense if we haven't taken a QB yet, Rory Johnson won't last this long at all but if he's somehow available he'd be a great pick, and Doug Datish would also be a preferable option.

Overall not a bad draft for us, but in hindsight I'd prefer to switch the priority order of some of these positions. Looking at who you have available at all of our picks I'd make it more like this:

1st) Laron Landry
2nd) Anthony Spencer
3rd) Ryan Kalil
4th) Jonathan Wade
5th) Jason Hill
6th) Brandon Jackson
7th) Rory Johnson

Beans
03-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Branch doesn't really fit what we need. We'd go Thomas there.

I didn't go any further than that. :/

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Here would be possible Eagles picks:
Round one, no WR, give us Charles Johnson. In the second, Piscatelli would be a good pick. Tony Hunt would be the third.

49erfaithful
03-04-2007, 06:41 PM
an ok mock for SF, not a great one. I would give it a B regarding the niners mock

etk
03-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Ehhh.....bad Bucs mock. Thomas would be the pick over Branch, who doesn't fit our system. Craig Davis is a reach and we don't need a WR unless it's CJ or a guy with value. Abiamiri is a great pick. Harris is a reach and I don't like him at all. Bullitt and Rissler= good positional picks, but reaches (I've never even heard of them). Ismail and Bain were good picks late in the draft, so I'll give you credit for that because it's hard to pick the right guys in round 6/7.

JT Jag
03-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Unfortunate, that Jags mock.

Finsfan79
03-04-2007, 06:44 PM
really dont like the miami draft picks 2-7 are pretty bad for us

skinzzfan25
03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Overall: E+

1st: Gaines Adams: We already have a speed rusher in Andre Carter, if we were to get Adams we would be run on all day. Andersen, Okoye or even Carriker could be a better pick here.

5th: Glenn January: Jansen and Samuels are two of the leagues best... and Todd Wade is a more than solid backup at tackle. I have no idea what you saw in this pick.

6th: David Clowney: WR is defiantly not a need for us... I would have seen where you were going if he was a possession receiver, but hes only 6'0.

7th: Nick Jones: C is not a need at all. Rabach is a very solid center and Pucillo can provide nice depth. Once again, no idea where this pick came from.

21ST
03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Adams is a great pick but i dont really like the other ones

neko4
03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Not in love with the Marquay Love pick, but overall good GB draft.
B+, and does GB not have 6 and 7 round picks?

Acreboy
03-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I would just like to thank everyone for the constructive criticism.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
decent cowboys draft id give it a B- I think they go Ugoh over Ramirez for a young T to develop

fenikz
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
good cardinals draft

T-RICH49
03-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Holy Crap That is an amazing Chiefs draft.A++++

Caddy
03-05-2007, 02:47 AM
1) Alan Branch - Joe Thomas is no doubt the pick
2) Craig Davis - CJ or nothing
2) Victor Abiamiri - Great pick
3) Ryan Harris - Decent pick
4) Melvin Bullit - Too high
5) Steve Rissler - Too high
6) Ameer Ismail - Meh
7) Travarous Bain - Good pick

Jensen
03-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Cardinals:

1st - A+
2nd - A+
3rd - A
4th - B+
5th - B
7th - C+

Tubby
03-05-2007, 09:18 AM
While I applaud you for knowing what our needs are (something very rare in today's NFLDC), you dont apply them accurately. Brian Leonard doesnt fit our system, we're looking for more of a blocking type FB. Also, DB and DE are of much more importance than QB. Here's how our draft should look:

2: OG or TE
3: OG or TE
4: DB or DL
5: DB or DL
6: QB or FB or BPA
7: QB or FB or BPA

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Love getting Justin Blalock. Hate getting Michael Bush too slow and doesnt run with the power he should. Troy Smith is ok I hope we go a different way but I can live with it. Kenny Scott is ok, but Im hopin to go CB earlier and get a better prospect. Desmond Bishop would be a very good LB depth pick in rd 6. Being a big time UMD fan I would be extatic to get Holloway in rd 7, he has the skills and has a promising career ahead of him (But Im sure saying that makes me a MD homer).

PalmerToCJ
03-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Hall is a bad fit for the Bengals, Revis is a better fit. Great 2nd and 4th rounders (we don't have a 3rd).

jackalope
03-05-2007, 11:35 AM
good Packers mock mostly but we need to address TE

KBear
03-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Not thrilled with the Bears 2nd and 4th round picks, and not real sure if I like your 5th rounder for them either. But the position you address for them where perfect.