PDA

View Full Version : New York Jets Mock Drafts

jetsfan3
03-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Post your Jets mocks here so we can see them without having to look through pages of the Jets Discussion Thread.

'cuse-213
03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
New York Jets:

25. NYJ- Justin Blalock, OL, Texas
37. NYJ- Lamarr Woodley, OLB, Michigan
59. NYJ- Justin Harrell, DL, Tennessee
90. NYJ- Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland

I made these picks in a real mock draft on another site. I now realize woodley was a reach, but i still want him, just later.

jetsfan3
03-04-2007, 06:14 PM
New York Jets:

I made these picks in a real mock draft on another site. I now realize woodley was a reach, but i still want him, just later.

Love the Blaylock pick and Wilson pick. I'd rather have Anthony Spencer than Lamar Woodley. And is Justin Harrell a good fit in a 3-4?

'cuse-213
03-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Love the Blaylock pick and Wilson pick. I'd rather have Anthony Spencer than Lamar Woodley. And is Justin Harrell a good fit in a 3-4?

yes, hed be great at DE in the 3-4. reminds me of ellis, coming from the long line of great tennesee DL.

Gang Green
03-04-2007, 09:03 PM
In my latest two round mock:

1. Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
2. Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
3. Brian Leonard, H-Back, Rutgers

Javes
03-04-2007, 09:06 PM

Houston looks good but I have a feeling he'll be Ahmad Carroll 2.0

nyjets5125
03-04-2007, 09:34 PM
New York Jets:

i would be happy with that but i think woodley is a reach there as well

nyjets5125
03-04-2007, 09:37 PM

thatd be great, but i dont no if houston and spencer would be left, and im becoming less and less sold on the idea of drafting leonard because im just not sure on how he would like it if he were being used mostly as a FB but based on skill i would like him

Johnny4
03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
The way the Draft looks now is..
1)Revis
2)Blaylock
2b)Harrell
3)Leonard
By the way, I'm an optimist.

BroadwayJoe10
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
How bout somethin along the lines of...(with the addition of signing Corey Dillon to a one year contract with the option for the 2nd)
1) Greg Olsen
2) Houston/McCauley/Ross/Revis whichever drops to us..if no one does than possibly a quentin moses
2b) somethin along the lines of lamar woodley or ben grubbs
3) ikaika alama-francis
5) steve smith

not sure how the stock on these guys will change in the next month and a half but i wouldnt be too upset with this draft...maybe becuase its unreasonably and just wishfull thinking but i would like it...any comments or suggestions??

nyjets5125
03-05-2007, 04:48 PM
1)Revis
2)Blaylock
2b)Harrell
3)Leonard
haha i can tell because harrell is the only player that i tihnk would probably be at the pick you have them taken, but if this actually happened i would be exstatic

nyjets5125
03-05-2007, 04:50 PM
How bout somethin along the lines of...(with the addition of signing Corey Dillon to a one year contract with the option for the 2nd)
1) Greg Olsen
2) Houston/McCauley/Ross/Revis whichever drops to us..if no one does than possibly a quentin moses
2b) somethin along the lines of lamar woodley or ben grubbs
3) ikaika alama-francis
5) steve smith

not sure how the stock on these guys will change in the next month and a half but i wouldnt be too upset with this draft...maybe becuase its unreasonably and just wishfull thinking but i would like it...any comments or suggestions??

i would like that draft, but i would rather address the TE need with mcmichael if he is cut like it is reported he will be, and i dont know if any of those CB's will fall to our 2a pick, but still taht would be a solid draft

JETS5128
03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
What are your guys thoughts on ryan mcbean? We've shown interest in him and he seems to be a good fit at DE

jetsfan3
03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
1)Revis
2)Blaylock
2b)Harrell
3)Leonard

Haha that'd be insane, we are getting top position prospects to fill our needs.

Revis is arguably the best CB

Blaylock is the best RT and RG

Harrell is solid

Leonard is the best FB

hcbrad08
03-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Updated Jets Mock:
1)1st Round (25): CB Chris Houston Arkansas
2)2nd Round A (59): WR Jason Hill Washington State
3)2nd Round B (New Pick 63): DE Justin Harrell Tennessee
4)3rd Round: OT Doug Free Northern Illinois
5)5th Round A: OLB Quincy Black New Mexico
6)5th Round B: OG Dan Santucci Notre Dame
7)6th Round: C / OG Dustin Fry Clemson
8)7th Round: DT Paul Soliai Utah

5th Round B is projected undisclosed for Brooks Bollinger from Minnesota
7th Round is projected undisclosed for Doug Jolley from Tampa Bay
They're both real shots in the dark but I think it's fair and since we traded for Thomas Jones I think this draft would be ideal considering the strong RB class for next year.

Explinations
1) At 25 it'll be CB. When they had the 37th the Jets had options with their 1st selection but now it'll either be Houston or Ross. Some say Revis may be there and if so I say, take Revis but I think it's unlikely considering the high demand every year for CBs. Ross has been a backup for good CB from Texas and could help immediately as a starter or nickle considering his experience with both. Houston however, reminds a lot of people like Asante Samuel (which would excite Mangini considering Asante has been franchised) and may be worth the 25th pick overall espcially since he ran a 4.32 at the combine, one of the top 3 fastest times recorded.

2) As the Jets traded down in the 2nd round in their aqcuisition of Thomas Jones they can no longer grab a Brian Leonard Fullback of the future without a slip by the Rutgers FB. The Jets go WR here because they can add another young solid and fast weapon to the Jets arsenal of Jerricho Cotchery and LC. This pick may not look good as the Jets have many other pressing needs. However, with Pennington's long term status up in the air and the Jets quickly developing Kellen Clemens this provides a good WR who can contribute right away and be there to help the WR core even when LC eventually retires.

3) I love Harrell and I hope he falls to the bottom of the 2nd and it is feasable that he does, but perhaps not to the Jets' 2B pick. Regardless he would provide a young 3-4 DE that Shaun Ellis could take under his wing. (Both went to Tenn.) He is an intelligent high motor guy who fits the mold of a Tangini player and will fill a need of DE depth as Kimo is 36, and Ellis will be 30 soon.

4) Doug Free has the potential to play LT and RT. He is a big body, which helps balacne D'Brickashaw's slender frame, who is quick and fundamentally sound. He is intelligent and tough. This would help to keep the OL young and in this FA market for overpaid lineman this is the route the Jets have shown they would prefer to go. Also the Pats signing Adalius Thomas would poise the Jets to either draft a good deal of OL or make a lot of OL signings.

5) OLB depth is a concern but can be addressed in the later rounds with a LB who is fast intelligent and a physical freak. Quincy Black from New Mexico (where Brian Urlacher went) is 6-2 240 and ran a 4.5 at the combine. He is versatile and just an overall beast.

6) Now we're getting into no man's land. Here if available the Jets could pick up more depth on the OL with Dan Santucci from Notre Dame. He's coming from a Charlie Weiss system and Mangini knows Weiss' players. This would help the OL stay young as I said before. It would allow the Jets room to sign or let go some no name line man who are FAs this year and next year and going to ask more money due to inflated OL contracts.

7) Dustin Fry is a mauler who played center in college and can transition to guard. He's an overachiever and I could easily see the jets throwing a bunch of picks into the line trying to hit on a couple of guys like last year. Fry also is an overachiever, just as the Jets were in Mangini's first season. Don't be surprised though if the Jets throw a couple of DEs in this draft and at this stage in the draft, someone like Jay Richardson from Ohio State.

8) Paul Soliai is just a big guy. 6-3 340, he fits the mold of a big body to throw in the middle. Similar when coming out to Sione Piouha who has been nothing at all in the NFL but is said to be making a strong rehab and coming back for next season with the Jets. This provides some depth and could perhaps provide for some sort of rotation that would help the 3-4 DL.

Go Jets

jetsfan3
03-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Post-Trade New Mock:

1. Justin Blaylock
2a. Anthony Spencer
2b. Justin Harrell
3. Aikika Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
6. Leron McClain

That is a perfect draft IMO.

BroadwayJoe10
03-06-2007, 05:20 AM
if spencer could fall to us at 59 then yes i think that would be absolutely perfect...and i dont care that harrell and alama-francis do project to play the same position..adding depth and forcing competition is a great thing..can't wait for the draft

Naked Jehuty
03-06-2007, 11:05 AM
How come I always see our 25th pick being a corner? Last time I checked our pass D was in the top half of the league while our run defense was terrible. I think if Tank Williams is there at 25 its a no brainer. If D-Rob doesnt fit at NT we can't keep trying him there. If were going to have a 3-4 we need a big NT now and I dont think theres anyone like that in FA. Besides, the corner class this year is pretty deep and we might have someone fall to us like Miller did a couple years ago.

Naked Jehuty
03-06-2007, 11:08 AM
I just realized I wrote Tank Williams...Demarcus "Tank" Tyler***

hcbrad08
03-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Dewayne Robertson came on strong later in the season at NT and it seems they will keep him there if he can put on 5-10 lbs. Drafting a CB is the top priority in the draft now that we have traded for Thomas Jones... Andre Dyson is a good corner but look at our number 2 options, miller, poteat, and coleman (don't even include barrett:cut) We need a young and good corner to come in and start I think we'll address it with the 1st round pick. Now if we take Greg Olsen or Justin Harrell at 25 I wouldn't be dissapointed we woud probably then take tanard jackson from syracuse in the second or perhaps fred bennett or Josh wilson with our 3rd rounder, but I doubt we wait that long.

New Jets Needs...
CB, OT, DE, WR, DT

jetsfan3
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
We need rushing OLB also.

hcbrad08
03-06-2007, 02:38 PM
We're close to signing a rushing OLB in Bowens... he's 6-3 270 and had 12 tackles in limited playing time for the Fins(their DEs were nasty) but 5 of his 12 tackles were sacks. Money

Non_Sequitur
03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
25- Tony Ugoh (RT)
59- Ben Patrick (TE)
63- Andy Alleman (OG)
89- Fred Bennett (CB)
154- Ryan McBean (DE)
162- Quintin Echols (NT)

Johnny4
03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Optimist Special
25) Aron Sears(RT)
59)Manny Ramirez(OG)
63)Justin Harrell
Our OL would be in place for 4 years and nasty.

jetsfan3
03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
I do hope we sign McMichael. Banta Cain and Porter were signed, so no more talk about getting them.

Here's an optimist mock, and it's amazing for us:

Sign McMichael and Bowens

Trade our 2 late 2nds to the top 2nd/late first round

Draft:

1. Darrell Revis
2. Justin Blaylock
3. Aikika Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
6. Leron McClain

With this, we solidy the CB position with Revis, who will be a true, #1 excellent corner.

Justin Blaylock solves the problem on the right side, for we can play him at RT or RG.

Aikika Alma-Francis is the player to take over for Kimo, he is a good young player on the rise who has an incredibly amount of upside.

Steve Smith may not be there, but if he is, we take him without a question. A possession reciever with some potential to be a very reliable #3 WR.

Leron McClain is the next Lorenzo Neal. If we have to, I wouldn't mind taking him in the 5th round. We lost Askew in Free Agency (Not a big deal) so we need a replacement. McClain is the perfect lead blocker and will help excel our run game.

Naked Jehuty
03-06-2007, 04:48 PM
25)Plan A-Olsen/Plan B-Revis, Houston, McCauley or Ross (Best available in that order)
59)Arron Sears (RT/RG)
63) Brian Robinson (DE/OLB)

This is my first one, tell me what you guys think.

nyjets5125
03-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I do hope we sign McMichael. Banta Cain and Porter were signed, so no more talk about getting them.

Here's an optimist mock, and it's amazing for us:

Sign McMichael and Bowens

Trade our 2 late 2nds to the top 2nd/late first round

Draft:

1. Darrell Revis
2. Justin Blaylock
3. Aikika Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
6. Leron McClain

With this, we solidy the CB position with Revis, who will be a true, #1 excellent corner.

Justin Blaylock solves the problem on the right side, for we can play him at RT or RG.

Aikika Alma-Francis is the player to take over for Kimo, he is a good young player on the rise who has an incredibly amount of upside.

Steve Smith may not be there, but if he is, we take him without a question. A possession reciever with some potential to be a very reliable #3 WR.

Leron McClain is the next Lorenzo Neal. If we have to, I wouldn't mind taking him in the 5th round. We lost Askew in Free Agency (Not a big deal) so we need a replacement. McClain is the perfect lead blocker and will help excel our run game.

i love both the free agent signings and the draft, all else we would need would be a NT

jetsfan3
03-06-2007, 04:58 PM
i love both the free agent signings and the draft, all else we would need would be a NT

Are there any good NTs in the next draft class? Maybe if DRob added 10 more LBs he could be somewhat good.

nyjets5125
03-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Are there any good NTs in the next draft class? Maybe if DRob added 10 more LBs he could be somewhat good.

im not sure abotu NT, also not only DRob adding weight, supposively sione pouha is recovering well and would be a good fit as a 34 NT, and also the jets seem to like CJ Mosley at NT....idc who it is, i jsut think the jets need a solid NT next year, whether it is from within, free agency, or the draft, we jsut need one

derza222
03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
To whoever said McBean I think he is definitely a guy we could look for in the late second or third round and would be a nice addition. If we add him or I.A-F. that should be good enough for our line this year, and then we can add a NT next year.

Non_Sequitur
03-07-2007, 06:11 AM
I do hope we sign McMichael.

Yes... lets sign the man who beats women and is a poor locker room team mate! *thumbs up*

How about we draft:

1. Olsen
2. Sears/Ugoh
2. Best CB

BroadwayJoe10
03-07-2007, 11:11 AM
well theres beens rumors in the ny post and ny daily news that the jets are among 3 or 4 teams that have expressed interest in mcmichaels...i was kinda shocked considering his shady past but in other news signed former Cowboys defensive end Kenyon Coleman five years $20 million with 6 mill in guarantees....thats a ******** for a career backup so im assuing they see big things for this guy and i was also wondering if maybe they got some inside information on him from parcells considering how close he is to mangini and tannenbaum

nyjets5125
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
well theres beens rumors in the ny post and ny daily news that the jets are among 3 or 4 teams that have expressed interest in mcmichaels...i was kinda shocked considering his shady past but in other news signed former Cowboys defensive end Kenyon Coleman five years $20 million with 6 mill in guarantees....thats a ******** for a career backup so im assuing they see big things for this guy and i was also wondering if maybe they got some inside information on him from parcells considering how close he is to mangini and tannenbaum
yeah i hope we do get mcmichael
and yeah that is a huge contract so coleman better do big things for us, and also im pretty sure thats the same contract we gave cotchery, which i thought was a solid deal for cotch but i think thtas way way way too much for coleman, he better prove himself for all jet fans

zacksjets416
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I love the Jets and now that the have somewhat of a running game by getting Thomas Jones, ifeel that in the draft i nice pick would be Brian Leonard from FB from Rutgers in the later rounds cause that guy is tuff. Also after watching guys like Lorenzo Neal i have learned what FB's are capable of doing. http://theitch.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/jerricho.jpg

Non_Sequitur
03-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I love the Jets and now that the have somewhat of a running game by getting Thomas Jones, ifeel that in the draft i nice pick would be Brian Leonard from FB from Rutgers in the later rounds cause that guy is tuff. Also after watching guys like Lorenzo Neal i have learned what FB's are capable of doing. http://theitch.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/jerricho.jpg

:roll:

Leonard is nothing like Neal, and he won't drop past the 2nd round.

nyjets5125
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
:roll:

Leonard is nothing like Neal, and he won't drop past the 2nd round.
took the words rigth outta my mouth

Naked Jehuty
03-07-2007, 09:47 PM
took the words rigth outta my mouth

Henderson is. He'll be a nice fit with the jets.

jetsfan3
03-07-2007, 10:18 PM
McClain = Neal

Non_Sequitur
03-07-2007, 10:21 PM
BTW, how about:

1. Greg Olsen (TE)
2a. Marshall Yanda (OT)
2b. Eric Wright (CB)
3. Quinn Pitcock (DT)

hcbrad08
03-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Marshall Yada got awful grades and they said he was fluffy when he weighed in. He wont be the best T available at 2a and he's more like a 3rd or 4th I don't like him at all at 2a Id take Ugoh (if we're lucky) Sears (ibid) I think Doug Free is better than Yanda and a better fit for our team and RT. Also Eric Wright is not a great pick (he's been arrested on rape and druge charges) we need a guy who can be versatile like tanard jackson (who isn't perfect either but better than Wright) but he also has better size and a more physical style of play that could help us with bigger recievers. Also Pitcock is gonna be the next Kimo he doesn't seem like he would fit with us.

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM
McClain = Neal
yeah i think we should get mcclain even though we signed barnes, becuase having both would be a great tandem until mcclain develops

BroadwayJoe10
03-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Post Trade & MIddle of Free Agency:

1. Chris Houston
2a. Lamar Woodley/Charles Spencer
2b. Manny Ramirez
3. Aikika Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
6. Leron McClain

Gives us a future #1 CB who can come in and play right away, also who knows how Justin Miller and the other corners could progress under mangini...Spencer or Woodley will not only add depth but also be a future starter in our system, it also gives them time to learn under some vets and get experience in the 34...same goes for Ikaika Alama-Francis besides adding depth assuming he isnt gone, he can battle for playing time with Ellis Coleman and Kimo, after developing for a year or so we'd have Alama-Francis and Coleman as our DE's with hopefully a true NT in the middle...Manny Ramirez will come in and start right away and definately provide a much needed boost in the run game..Steve Smith can be an excellent slot reciever or come in and take Cotcherys role when Cotchery takes over for Coles when he retires...McClain like mentioned by a bunch of you before will be our Lorenzo Neal hopefully

derza222
03-08-2007, 09:01 PM
1. Greg Olsen, TE, Miami - Not a huge need but he'll help open up the passing game and stretch the field. We've filled a bunch of needs in FA and can afford to make this pick at this point in the draft.

2(a). Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii - Again after our FA signings we don't really need the DE here but he'll help the rotation, keep guys fresh, and be a future starter.

2(b). Manuel Ramirez, G, Texas Tech - Ramirez gives us a high character guy who will really give our run game a lot of help this year as well.

3. Zach DeOssie, ILB, Brown - More to see how you guys feel about it than anything, helps solidify our front 7 for awhile and gives us a talented guy to groom to play inside next to Vilma.

5. Tim Shaw, OLB, Penn State - Gives us depth at LB and a guy who has experience rushing the passer, really finishes off our LB corps and we are a NT away from finishing our front 7.

6. Courtney Brown, CB, Cal-Poly - A very interesting cornerback prospect with unbelievable measurables, Mangini takes him with the hope that he can coach him up. Completely based on measurables he's a potential starting corner, and definitely worth the risk of taking a prospect as unknown as he is at this point.

More just to throw something different out there, lots of focus on defense and bigger guys as opposed to skill guys, I think we'll look in that direction in future years. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Post Trade & MIddle of Free Agency:

1. Chris Houston
2a. Lamar Woodley/Charles Spencer
2b. Manny Ramirez
3. Aikika Alma-Francis
5. Steve Smith
6. Leron McClain

Gives us a future #1 CB who can come in and play right away, also who knows how Justin Miller and the other corners could progress under mangini...Spencer or Woodley will not only add depth but also be a future starter in our system, it also gives them time to learn under some vets and get experience in the 34...same goes for Ikaika Alama-Francis besides adding depth assuming he isnt gone, he can battle for playing time with Ellis Coleman and Kimo, after developing for a year or so we'd have Alama-Francis and Coleman as our DE's with hopefully a true NT in the middle...Manny Ramirez will come in and start right away and definately provide a much needed boost in the run game..Steve Smith can be an excellent slot reciever or come in and take Cotcherys role when Cotchery takes over for Coles when he retires...McClain like mentioned by a bunch of you before will be our Lorenzo Neal hopefully
I would absolutely love that draft, especially if we signed Marc Colombo or Todd Wade to play RT

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 09:15 PM
1. Greg Olsen, TE, Miami - Not a huge need but he'll help open up the passing game and stretch the field. We've filled a bunch of needs in FA and can afford to make this pick at this point in the draft.

2(a). Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii - Again after our FA signings we don't really need the DE here but he'll help the rotation, keep guys fresh, and be a future starter.

2(b). Manuel Ramirez, G, Texas Tech - Ramirez gives us a high character guy who will really give our run game a lot of help this year as well.

3. Zach DeOssie, ILB, Brown - More to see how you guys feel about it than anything, helps solidify our front 7 for awhile and gives us a talented guy to groom to play inside next to Vilma.

5. Tim Shaw, OLB, Penn State - Gives us depth at LB and a guy who has experience rushing the passer, really finishes off our LB corps and we are a NT away from finishing our front 7.

6. Courtney Brown, CB, Cal-Poly - A very interesting cornerback prospect with unbelievable measurables, Mangini takes him with the hope that he can coach him up. Completely based on measurables he's a potential starting corner, and definitely worth the risk of taking a prospect as unknown as he is at this point.

More just to throw something different out there, lots of focus on defense and bigger guys as opposed to skill guys, I think we'll look in that direction in future years. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

i think that would be a very tangini-type draft, building from the inside out and not really taking skill position players, i think if we sign a CB like nick harper and still draft this courtney brown guy thatd be good cuz brown is definitely a project

hcbrad08
03-09-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna put out a draft that could happen but no one would see it coming (well really just one pick)....

1) Patrick Willis ILB Ole' Miss: This would provide a disgusting LB corps and take away who Belichick wanted with his 2nd pick in the 1st.

2a) Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii: 2 Defensive picks in a row and the Jets sure up their front 7 for a long long time.

2b) Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech: Now even thoough the guard position is fine as it is Ramirez could challenge for a starting spot which Mangini loves and he allows the Jets line to remain young and move toward the future so when Kendall retires (probably next year) the line is Brick Moore Mangold Ramirez COLOMBO (I hope) / D5 (vvv look to 5 vvv).

3) Fred Bennet CB South Carolina: 3 of the 1st 4 Jets' picks go on D and this gives depth to a position that Mangini and Belichick types enjoy mixing and matching.

5) James Marten OT Boston College: Now if the Jets go this route they will by far have the youngest line in football in a year and it would be together for about 7 years. Boston College lineman are just bred to be in the NFL. Marten is up there on a lot of rankings but he has a lot of grades that put him in the 4th or 5th rounds. I like him and if the Jets can somehow squeeze out a 4th round pick bc of the compensatory and undisclosed picks he would be worth it there as well.

6) Mike Walker WR Central Florida: The Jets gain a little depth at WR and get a reciever with nice size nice speed and great value. A good #3 WR right away and could if we're lucky develop into a #2. (next year WR TOP PRIORITY)

Non_Sequitur
03-09-2007, 12:58 PM
i think that would be a very tangini-type draft, building from the inside out and not really taking skill position players, i think if we sign a CB like nick harper and still draft this courtney brown guy thatd be good cuz brown is definitely a project

Courtney Brown's Pr Day results:

Height: 6013
Weight: 200
40 Yrd Dash: 4.32
20 Yrd Dash: 2.48
10 Yrd Dash: 1.46
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07
3-Cone Drill: 7.10

Leon Hall and Marcus McCauley, Tarrell Brown, Kenny Scott, Anthony Arline, Josh Wilson, Brandon McDonald all had better or equal 10 yard times, and they did it at the combine.

Only 5 CB's at the combine had worse 3-Cone times. A time essential to ability to stay fast when you have to make a sharp cut in your running path; something essential when trying to shadow a WR, meaning he'll have trouble playing man coverage at the next level.

He's got middle of the road strength. 15 reps is right in the middle.

He does have good straight line speed and good jumping ability.

The NFL isn't a track and field contest. He's only slightly above average in short range speed, and he severely lacks cutting ability. By the numbers he will have trouble playing man coverage. Plus, we should not forget that Pro Day numbers are traditionally inflated due to factors that don't exist at the combine.

lowblow2007
03-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm not into college football as much as the NFL, so I don't know the players that well, but I'd like to see...

1/25 - Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer (DE/OLB, Florida,DE/OLB Purdue)
2a/59 - Fred Bennett (CB, South Carolina)
2b/63 - Ikaika Alama-Francis (DE, Hawaii)
3/89 - Scott Chandler (TE, Iowa)
5/154 - Mansfield Wrotto (OL, Georgia Tech)
6/162 - Le'Ron McClain (FB, Alabama)

Based on different site scouting reports I read. And if we somehow get something if/when we do trade Justin McCareins & Eric Barton, I'd wanna see us get a big WR who also has pretty good speed, like Legedu Naanee out of Boise State, or WR Courtney Taylor out of Auburn.

I got the draft picks from wikipedia.

Johnny4
03-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Forget about Jarvis Moss. He is a complete knucklehead and a waste as a first rounder. I heard his interview on NFL radio and was disgusted. He had about a 100 friends in the background whooping it up at about 12:00 in the afternoon. Sounded like he could care less.

lowblow2007
03-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh, I forgot to put down Anthony Spencer too.

Forget about Jarvis Moss. He is a complete knucklehead and a waste as a first rounder. I heard his interview on NFL radio and was disgusted. He had about a 100 friends in the background whooping it up at about 12:00 in the afternoon. Sounded like he could care less.

oh

Non_Sequitur
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Agreed. I hope we avoid Jarvis like the plague.

hcbrad08
03-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Jarvis Moss is a pure pass rushing 34 OLB he would be a perfect fit for our system and plays so fast. watch the National Championship.

Johnny4
03-09-2007, 06:22 PM
There are alot of fast guys in the NFL. But the fast ones who don't give a hoot are wasted picks. IF I'm saying this, imagine how Tangini feels. They will pass.

throwback54milkman
03-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I still like Woodley

derza222
03-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Courtney Brown's Pr Day results:

Height: 6013
Weight: 200
40 Yrd Dash: 4.32
20 Yrd Dash: 2.48
10 Yrd Dash: 1.46
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07
3-Cone Drill: 7.10

Leon Hall and Marcus McCauley, Tarrell Brown, Kenny Scott, Anthony Arline, Josh Wilson, Brandon McDonald all had better or equal 10 yard times, and they did it at the combine.

Only 5 CB's at the combine had worse 3-Cone times. A time essential to ability to stay fast when you have to make a sharp cut in your running path; something essential when trying to shadow a WR, meaning he'll have trouble playing man coverage at the next level.

He's got middle of the road strength. 15 reps is right in the middle.

He does have good straight line speed and good jumping ability.

The NFL isn't a track and field contest. He's only slightly above average in short range speed, and he severely lacks cutting ability. By the numbers he will have trouble playing man coverage. Plus, we should not forget that Pro Day numbers are traditionally inflated due to factors that don't exist at the combine.

Obviously the guy is far from a sure thing but based on his numbers he's worth a look at least as a developmental guy. Mangini was a DB coach before he was a DC, so if he's there somewhere late day 2 I think he's worth consideration at least. On the bright side, we don't play much zone. I doubt we take him but I wouldn't mind a developmental corner somewhere in this draft that has great measurables. Only corners I see us taking in the first are Revis if he interviews well and McCauley if Mangini thinks he can coach him (but I'd doubt we pick either) and anyone taken in the second or third will be a #2 type which we already have. I wouldn't mind a little nickel guy like Wilson though.

Crickett
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
1) Patrick Willis ILB Ole' Miss: This would provide a disgusting LB corps and take away who Belichick wanted with his 2nd pick in the 1st.

1. Really think Willis will fall to us?
2. Why do the Jets need an ILB?

2a) Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii: 2 Defensive picks in a row and the Jets sure up their front 7 for a long long time.

After signing Coleman, why?

2b) Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech: Now even thoough the guard position is fine as it is

Really? With Kendall turning 34 and last year's lackluster run blocking, the guard position is fine?

6) Mike Walker WR Central Florida: The Jets gain a little depth at WR and get a reciever with nice size nice speed and great value. A good #3 WR right away and could if we're lucky develop into a #2. (next year WR TOP PRIORITY)

Why?

Naked Jehuty
03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
25)Olsen- Most people feel it's either going to be Olsen or the best corner available. This years CBs are a lot deeper than the TEs and last time I checked, our pass D wasn't that bad (14 actually) http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/gregolsen.html

59)Arron Sears (RT/RG)- Versatile player who can help out at RT or G andwill probably be around at 59. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/arronsears.html

63) Ikaika-Alama Francis- The consensus late 2b pick. I haven't heard much about him until recently but with his measurables he appears to be a great athlete and will make a great fit at a 3-4 end. HOWEVER, either Woodley or Moses is around at this pick it would def. be one of them. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/ikaikaalamafrancis.html

89) Brian Robinson- A non-stop motor guy with experience at LB. Will make a great late 3rd pick. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/brianrobison.html

I don't know to much about the 2nd day players so I'm not going to just put players in. Depth at CB would be nice though.

Crickett
03-09-2007, 10:00 PM
25)Olsen- Most people feel it's either going to be Olsen or the best corner available. This years CBs are a lot deeper than the TEs and last time I checked, our pass D wasn't that bad (14 actually)

I'm a little worried about taking a TE in the first round.

59)Arron Sears (RT/RG)- Versatile player who can help out at RT or G andwill probably be around at 59.
How is his run blocking?

63) Ikaika-Alama Francis- The consensus late 2b pick. I haven't heard much about him until recently but with his measurables he appears to be a great athlete and will make a great fit at a 3-4 end. HOWEVER, either Woodley or Moses is around at this pick it would def. be one of them.

I'll ask the same question, after signing Coleman, why?

BroadwayJoe10
03-09-2007, 10:40 PM
for a few reasons... greater depth, competition and ellis as well as kimo ain't exactly gettin younger

plus taking care of needs in FA like we are will allow us to take players to add depth who may be a bit of a reach, but with flexibility going into the draft we can comfortably do this

nyjets5125
03-09-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm gonna put out a draft that could happen but no one would see it coming (well really just one pick)....

2b) Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech: Now even thoough the guard position is fine as it is Ramirez could challenge for a starting spot which Mangini loves and he allows the Jets line to remain young and move toward the future so when Kendall retires (probably next year) the line is Brick Moore Mangold Ramirez COLOMBO (I hope) / D5 (vvv look to 5 vvv).

3) Fred Bennet CB South Carolina: 3 of the 1st 4 Jets' picks go on D and this gives depth to a position that Mangini and Belichick types enjoy mixing and matching.

5) James Marten OT Boston College: Now if the Jets go this route they will by far have the youngest line in football in a year and it would be together for about 7 years. Boston College lineman are just bred to be in the NFL. Marten is up there on a lot of rankings but he has a lot of grades that put him in the 4th or 5th rounds. I like him and if the Jets can somehow squeeze out a 4th round pick bc of the compensatory and undisclosed picks he would be worth it there as well.

i really like it, im a fan of taking a good ILB to play with vilma

nyjets5125
03-09-2007, 11:53 PM
obviously this courtney brown guys measureables arent what were made out to be, and he clearly hasnt shown it on the field, i would really surprised if we took him

nyjets5125
03-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I still like Woodley
i really really like woodley in the 2nd round, with the way his stock his dropping, theres a small chacne he could fall to us round 3 though, but it might not be worth the risk to wait

nyjets5125
03-09-2007, 11:58 PM

1. Really think Willis will fall to us?
2. Why do the Jets need an ILB?

After signing Coleman, why?

2b) Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech: Now even thoough the guard position is fine as it is

Really? With Kendall turning 34 and last year's lackluster run blocking, the guard position is fine?

Why?

1. jets could use an ILB to play along side vilma and were shopping barton and yes he may fall to us
2a. gives us depth and young fresh talent on the D-line, D-line sub a lot
6. we gotta plan for the future, coles is almost done, smith is not proven, dwight is a short-term solution, mccareins is on the block

Crickett
03-10-2007, 01:01 AM
1. jets could use an ILB to play along side vilma and were shopping barton and yes he may fall to us
2a. gives us depth and young fresh talent on the D-line, D-line sub a lot
6. we gotta plan for the future, coles is almost done, smith is not proven, dwight is a short-term solution, mccareins is on the block

1. Too many teams need an inside linebacker. As for Barton, I've heard Jonathan Vilma is on the block too. I've learned not to believe everythng I've heard.
2. Can the Jets really be afford to be drafting for depth?
3. I'm sorry, but I don't see 30 as some brick wall at which point players need to be replaced. Next year Ellis and Coles will be 31. That is usually the time where running backs tend to hit the wall, but other NFL players have a bit longer shelf life.

hcbrad08
03-10-2007, 01:58 AM
To answer Crickett
1) No...you are wrong not that many teams need ILBs that badly... Patrick Willis highest projection from any acreddited source (Kiper (ESPN), McShay (ESPN), Mayock (NFL NETWORK), Wright (NFLDC) is 23 from McShay's 2006 mock, so not every team is interested in a 1st round ILB. Barton on the trading block is not a rumor as the vilma trade was... If you read any NY papers all said the Vilma rumors were completely false and were to up the price for London fletcher or tempt him else where and that the Jets are trying to unload Barton and McCareins and have sent out offers for picks as opposed to the Vilma trade where the only option was trading into the first 5 picks.

2) Yes the Jets can afford to draft for depth...did you watch last year they could do well with what they had and if they didn't lose anyone and added key contributors they could have a good record make the playoffs and by drafting for depth they provide competition which mangini loves and would be good for a while...

3) I agree 30 isn't a wall for DEs and or WRs but Coles says he might retire if camp and practices are so rigorous which could be his reason to ask for more money and ellis will comand big money as a FA which the Pats with older players (which the Tangini school of thought is based off) do not pay and neither will we.... You fail to recognize the amount of money the Jets would have to invest in those players when they could like they have said they wanted to build through the draft.

AND if you read the top of my 1st post with Willis I said it was unpredictable... but as a lot of people agree it would be a good draft and it looks like a tangini collaboration;

hcbrad08
03-10-2007, 02:05 AM
25)Olsen- Most people feel it's either going to be Olsen or the best corner available. This years CBs are a lot deeper than the TEs and last time I checked, our pass D wasn't that bad (14 actually)

59)Arron Sears (RT/RG)- Versatile player who can help out at RT or G andwill probably be around at 59.
How is his run blocking?

63) Ikaika-Alama Francis- The consensus late 2b pick. I haven't heard much about him until recently but with his measurables he appears to be a great athlete and will make a great fit at a 3-4 end. HOWEVER, either Woodley or Moses is around at this pick it would def. be one of them.

I'll ask the same question, after signing Coleman, why?

About Olsen:
I'm a little worried about taking a TE in the first round. He's a freak and the next Todd heap

About SearS:
he gets to the second level which means he can pull or trap and can move up field which is run blocking: watch TENN games

About Francis:
Depth, rotation and competition: mangini's philosphy why did they sign Chatham and Kassel last year when they had Barton Hobson Thomas and Vilma....and Ellis is older and he could use a sub for plays and having youth and veteran leadership helps teams win championships ie THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (WHO I HATE AND WISH I KNEW LESS ABOUT BUT I LIVE IN MA AND ITS ALL I HEAR ABOUT

You ask why to everyone's Jets' mock and yet you don;t give any solution of your own why don;t you put your projections out and see what people have to say. These are all hypotheticals so just throw it our there...

From Crickett
1...?
2a)...?
2b)...?
3)...?
5)...?
6)...?

Non_Sequitur
03-10-2007, 02:09 AM
1. Too many teams need an inside linebacker. As for Barton, I've heard Jonathan Vilma is on the block too. I've learned not to believe everythng I've heard.
2. Can the Jets really be afford to be drafting for depth?
3. I'm sorry, but I don't see 30 as some brick wall at which point players need to be replaced. Next year Ellis and Coles will be 31. That is usually the time where running backs tend to hit the wall, but other NFL players have a bit longer shelf life.

The Vilma thing, as far as I've seen in the NY Papers, has just been conjectur on what outsiders think the Jets Should/will do. Not any multiple sources from the front office have leaked they are doing.

Non_Sequitur
03-10-2007, 02:18 AM
To answer Crickett
1) No...you are wrong not that many teams need ILBs that badly... Patrick Willis highest projection from any acreddited source (Kiper (ESPN), McShay (ESPN), Mayock (NFL NETWORK), Wright (NFLDC) is 23 from McShay's 2006 mock

NFL Draft Scout has him at 11.

Here are the best mock drafters in the business (3 year average)

1. Rick Gosselin - Dallas Morning News
2. Scott Wright - Draft Countdown
3. Rob McCartney - Rob's Scouting
4. Nolan Nawrocki - Pro Football Weekly
5. Mel Kiper jr - ESPN
6. Patrick Wrede - Draft World
7. Rob Rang - NFL Draft Scout
8. DJ Boyer -
9. Mike McCollom - Football.com
10. Pete Prisco - CBS Sportsline

Crickett
03-10-2007, 04:19 AM
About Olsen:
I'm a little worried about taking a TE in the first round. He's a freak and the next Todd heap

Yeah, and I bet Kyle Brady and Anthony Becht were absolute nobodies. What you call a freak could very easily be a workout warrior. Not saying he will be, but with the history of the Jets drafting TE's, I think they need to be careful.

About Francis:
Depth, rotation and competition: mangini's philosphy why did they sign Chatham and Kassel last year when they had Barton Hobson Thomas and Vilma....and Ellis is older and he could use a sub for plays and having youth and veteran leadership helps teams win championships ie THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (WHO I HATE AND WISH I KNEW LESS ABOUT BUT I LIVE IN MA AND ITS ALL I HEAR ABOUT

And how much has Marquise Hill (the third 3-4 DE the Patriots used a second round pick on) contributed? The Jets have Shaun Ellis, Kenyon Coleman, Kimo, Bobby Hamilton and C.J. Mosley. Now, the Jets could probably use an upgrade over the aging Kimo and Hamilton, but with other holes on the team, can the Jets really afford to be drafting for depth?

From Crickett
1. Justin Blalock, RT or RG/Anthony Spencer, OLB/Best CB avaiable
2a) Tank Tyler, NT/Aaron Sears, RT
2b) Manny Ramirez, OG/Josh Beekman, OG
3) Steve Smith, WR/Jonathan Wade, CB/Michael Coe, CB
5) - Jacob Ford, OLB
6) - BPA, maybe a trade up to ensure Ford.

Addresses RT, NT, CB/slot WR, OG and pass rusher.

After last year, I'm not going to pretend to know which cornerbacks will be available when the Jets pick in the first round.

Johnny4
03-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, and I bet Kyle Brady and Anthony Becht were absolute nobodies. What you call a freak could very easily be a workout warrior. Not saying he will be, but with the history of the Jets drafting TE's, I think they need to be careful.

And how much has Marquise Hill (the third 3-4 DE the Patriots used a second round pick on) contributed? The Jets have Shaun Ellis, Kenyon Coleman, Kimo, Bobby Hamilton and C.J. Mosley. Now, the Jets could probably use an upgrade over the aging Kimo and Hamilton, but with other holes on the team, can the Jets really afford to be drafting for depth?

From Crickett
1. Justin Blalock, RT or RG/Anthony Spencer, OLB/Best CB avaiable
2a) Tank Tyler, NT/Aaron Sears, RT
2b) Manny Ramirez, OG/Josh Beekman, OG
3) Steve Smith, WR/Jonathan Wade, CB/Michael Coe, CB
5) - Jacob Ford, OLB

Addresses RT, NT, CB/slot WR, OG and pass rusher.

After last year, I'm not going to pretend to know which cornerbacks will be available when the Jets pick in the first round.

I agree with you 99%. It is exactly how I would approach the draft. The only problem I have is Tank. I'm not sure he will pass the screening process.

hcbrad08
03-10-2007, 09:49 AM

He's a different TE all together both, Brady and Becht (record for catches but inflated stats) were big big guys not pure catchers liek olsen neither with 4.5 speed and niether from DA U which has produced Shockey and I'm a fuc@!ng soldier Kellen Winslow. And just bc the Jets drafted Blair Thomas (a bigger bust) is that going to stop them from drafting a 1st round RB. You can't compare drafted TEs from different years and managements. But you can compare their college grades going into the draft Kyle Brady was what he was a 280 lb glorified tackle the miss with becht I blame Edwards and Bradway. Olsen is an athlete with good ability and great measurables (have you ever seen him play?)

This is also a bad comparison. You cannot compare a line like the Jets with Kimo (36), Hamilton (36), Ellis (30), Coleman (28) and mosley a backup (23) ommitting dewayne robertson (26) to a Patriots defensive line who is the best 3-4 line ever (which is why the youngest marquise HIll (24) doesn't play: the 31st pick in the second round mind you) with Seymore (27), Wilfork (25), and Warren (26) all under 28 who dont need to draft for depth bc they're all young and ridiculous...Why should we not prepare for next year bc kimo and hamilton(who we've already cut once) will be gone (cut or retired way too old), mosley (who knows how much he'll contribute) and Ellis will be 31 and Coleman is still unproven as a starter Your argument about the patriots may be the worst analogy/argument for not drafting a DE (like Francis) in this draft.

From Crickett
1. Justin Blalock, RT or RG
2a) Tank Tyler, NT
2b) Manny Ramirez, OG
3) Steve Smith, WR
5) - Jacob Ford, OLB

Addresses RT, NT, CB/slot WR, OG and pass rusher.[/QUOTE]
(if you could take all the picks you had up there)

If you use your first choice picks for each round it addresses RT, OG, DEPTH AT WR (somthing you said the Jets can't afford to do) maybe they'll draft CB in the 2nd instead of Tyler bc th Jets which you should know draft smart high character players Tyler got around a 9 on the wonderlic and "Work ethic, intelligence and intangibles are questionable." NO WAY WE DRAFT HIM and he wouldn't even be a good fit at NT because although he's 6'2 and stout hes 310 liek Robertson not 320-340 what good NT like Wilfork (25)

BroadwayJoe10
03-10-2007, 10:48 AM
i honestly feel that if roberston can add some weight roughly 10-15 lbs he'll be a great NT...everyone said that the reason for the sucess of the jets defense after the bye week was because of the enhanced play of Drob...i say we give him another year, with better DEs and linebackers our run defense should be pretty nasty and if we still feel we need a NT we can hopefully address it next year, and if its that bad, which i dont feel it will be we can address it at mid season, like the Colts did with McFarland

Crickett
03-10-2007, 01:01 PM
He's a different TE all together both, Brady and Becht (record for catches but inflated stats) were big big guys not pure catchers liek olsen neither with 4.5 speed and niether from DA U which has produced Shockey and I'm a fuc@!ng soldier Kellen Winslow.

1. And Michael Vick was a different QB than Ryan Leaf. I'm just saying that with the history of the Jets drafting a TE in the first round, they need to be careful.
2. I've never been a fan of that whole lineage thing. I don't give Olson any points for going to the same school as other successful NFL TE's any more than I give Sinorice Moss any for having the same last name as Santana Moss. Or Kenny Irons for going to the same school as Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown and Rudi Johnson.

This is also a bad comparison. You cannot compare a line like the Jets with Kimo (36), Hamilton (36), Ellis (30), Coleman (28) and mosley a backup (23) ommitting dewayne robertson (26) to a Patriots defensive line who is the best 3-4 line ever (which is why the youngest marquise HIll (24) doesn't play:

I gave an example of how rotation goes only so far. If the Jets DL could not be compared to that of the Patriots, I would think it wouldn't matter who we drafted this year along the DL, we still wouldn't be able to.

Why should we not prepare for next year bc kimo and hamilton(who we've already cut once) will be gone (cut or retired way too old), mosley (who knows how much he'll contribute) and Ellis will be 31 and Coleman is still unproven as a starter

Because we don't know that we'll even need anything more than depth next year. Unless you're a running back, being 31 in the NFL means you still have some years left. As for Coleman and Mosley, you can't really argue that they are unproven when arguing to draft someone at the position, since all rookies are inherently "unproven".

If you use your first choice picks for each round it addresses RT, OG, DEPTH AT WR (somthing you said the Jets can't afford to do) maybe they'll draft CB in the 2nd instead of Tyler bc th Jets which you should know draft smart high character players Tyler got around a 9 on the wonderlic and "Work ethic, intelligence and intangibles are questionable." NO WAY WE DRAFT HIM and he wouldn't even be a good fit at NT because although he's 6'2 and stout hes 310 liek Robertson not 320-340 what good NT like Wilfork (25)

1. For Tyler, I had the very same question, which I posted on the general NFL forum. THe response I got, he weighed in at 323 at the senior bowl and that he has the skillset for 3-4 NT.
2. Steve Smith would not be "depth" at WR, he'd be a replacement for Justin McCareins.
3. If Tyler is indeed a 3-4 NT, it would allow the Jets to move Robertson to DE temporarily making the position on the Jets roster quite crowded. If when the time came next year that Robertson hit the road, Hamilton and Kimo retired and C.J. was a bust, the Jets can simply draft one next year knowing they can rotate him slowly.

nyjets5125
03-10-2007, 11:51 PM
To answer Crickett
1) No...you are wrong not that many teams need ILBs that badly... Patrick Willis highest projection from any acreddited source (Kiper (ESPN), McShay (ESPN), Mayock (NFL NETWORK), Wright (NFLDC) is 23 from McShay's 2006 mock, so not every team is interested in a 1st round ILB. Barton on the trading block is not a rumor as the vilma trade was... If you read any NY papers all said the Vilma rumors were completely false and were to up the price for London fletcher or tempt him else where and that the Jets are trying to unload Barton and McCareins and have sent out offers for picks as opposed to the Vilma trade where the only option was trading into the first 5 picks.

2) Yes the Jets can afford to draft for depth...did you watch last year they could do well with what they had and if they didn't lose anyone and added key contributors they could have a good record make the playoffs and by drafting for depth they provide competition which mangini loves and would be good for a while...

3) I agree 30 isn't a wall for DEs and or WRs but Coles says he might retire if camp and practices are so rigorous which could be his reason to ask for more money and ellis will comand big money as a FA which the Pats with older players (which the Tangini school of thought is based off) do not pay and neither will we.... You fail to recognize the amount of money the Jets would have to invest in those players when they could like they have said they wanted to build through the draft.

AND if you read the top of my 1st post with Willis I said it was unpredictable... but as a lot of people agree it would be a good draft and it looks like a tangini collaboration;

thank you, exactly what i was saying just a lot more in depth

nyjets5125
03-10-2007, 11:55 PM
to address 2 things:
1. DL- any d-line, ina 34 especailly, subs many times, i think i read somewhere that the average dlineman in a 34 plays only 60% of the snaps, idk how true that is but still, it gives us flexibility and competion which are two mangnini attricutes, depth which is always good, and the ability for us to groom a young star under veterans
2. D-Rob- if he put on some weigth he could prob play NT for us, but since hes in the last year of his contract, idk if hell want to, he may want to go to a 43 team where hell fit better, also i think he could maybe be a base 34 end like a luis castillo, and i think the jets organization feel sthe same way and really likes his versatility, and depednign on his weigth going into the season will play NT or DE for us

Crickett
03-11-2007, 06:42 AM
to address 2 things:
1. DL- any d-line, ina 34 especailly, subs many times, i think i read somewhere that the average dlineman in a 34 plays only 60% of the snaps, idk how true that is but still, it gives us flexibility and competion which are two mangnini attricutes, depth which is always good, and the ability for us to groom a young star under veterans
2. D-Rob- if he put on some weigth he could prob play NT for us, but since hes in the last year of his contract, idk if hell want to, he may want to go to a 43 team where hell fit better, also i think he could maybe be a base 34 end like a luis castillo, and i think the jets organization feel sthe same way and really likes his versatility, and depednign on his weigth going into the season will play NT or DE for us

Im not convinced DeWayne Robertson could play 3-4 NT and I think he would be better suited towards end. As long as I've seen him play, he has never been able to deal with the double team, even in the 4-3. So I think it is a bit far fetched to think he is going to improve at 3-4 NT. It's not just his size that is the problem but putting him in a position on the field that IMO exploits his biggest weakness as a player. At end, maybe he could ultilize some of the vaunted athleticism that made him a top prospect back in 2003.

If the Jets do draft a NT and move Robertson to DE, that would make DE for the Jets pretty crowded if only for this year with Ellis, Coleman, Robertson, Kimo, Hamilton and Mosley being the team's 3-4 ends. Essentially what I'm saying is the Jets could wait a year. See how Coleman fairs, see if Robertson takes to being a 3-4 end, see if Kimo and Hamilton retire and see if Mosley develops into anything.

BroadwayJoe10
03-11-2007, 09:28 PM
"Meanwhile, another Buckeye receiver could be climbing the ladder. Receiver Roy Hall, who wasn't invited to the scouting combine, ran a sub-4.4 in the 40-yard dash. But because the track at OSU is regarded as fast, the time will be adjusted, reportedly to the high 4.4s. Hall is six feet, three inches tall, and he weighs 238 pounds."

didn't ever pay attention to this kid too much...anyone knows how his hands, route running, leaping etc. are?? gonna get drafted?

Non_Sequitur
03-12-2007, 01:27 PM
To answer Crickett
1) No...you are wrong not that many teams need ILBs that badly... Patrick Willis highest projection from any acreddited source (Kiper (ESPN), McShay (ESPN), Mayock (NFL NETWORK), Wright (NFLDC) is 23 from McShay's 2006 mock, so not every team is interested in a 1st round ILB.

Just thought I would continue to update, McShay has him going at pick 14 to Carolina in his most recent.

Crickett
03-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Just thought I would continue to update, McShay has him going at pick 14 to Carolina in his most recent.

Another update, Kiper's latest mock has the Patriots drafting Willis with their first pick.

Young Nasty Man
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
does anyone know who we have been scouting at teams pro days? im just curiosu to know who we have been targeting..

BroadwayJoe10
03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
does anyone know who we have been scouting at teams pro days? im just curiosu to know who we have been targeting..

yaa seriously...while i like the fact that they are able to keep things quiet from the rest of the league, it just vastly diminishes what i can think about while at work, which after a few hours leads to thinking why the jets dont corner the market on the conversion of sumo wrestelers tooffensive lineman or somethin

jetsfan3
03-13-2007, 09:24 PM
yaa seriously...while i like the fact that they are able to keep things quiet from the rest of the league, it just vastly diminishes what i can think about while at work, which after a few hours leads to thinking why the jets dont corner the market on the conversion of sumo wrestelers tooffensive lineman or somethin

Only 40 more days . . .

throwback54milkman
03-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I have noooo clue who they are gonna take at this point. I like it that way.

BroadwayJoe10
03-13-2007, 11:28 PM
how bout in the 2008 draft BJ Raji, Boston College 6-1, 340 lbs ....not sure how he handles double teams, but he seems to have quite the perfect frame for a NT...and any idea the caliber of player he is, i know its extremely early but as of now is he considered one of the top 32 players in the country?

jetsfan3
03-14-2007, 06:59 AM
I have noooo clue who they are gonna take at this point. I like it that way.

I agree. Last year it really only could have been Leinart or Ferguson. And I was 80% sure they were taking Ferguson. Usually fans want the sexy pick with QBs and other skill positions and not lineman, but it worked out because all of the fans seemed to love that pick.

Really, I have no clue who they will take this year. I will be very surprised come draft day, I can't wait.

Crickett
03-14-2007, 07:07 AM
I just hope it's not someone who will leave me with a sinking drooping feeling following draft day..... like a safety. Or a running back. Or Daymeion Hughes, who I think will fall almost or completely out of the draft barring a REALLY good pro day.

Young Nasty Man
03-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Agreed with the comment about the draft....I really dont want to be disappointed wtih a guy in the secondary come first round. Inless there is a miracle that we can get Leon Hall, I don't want anyone out of the secondary...

Vilma the Animal
03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Agreed with the comment about the draft....I really dont want to be disappointed wtih a guy in the secondary come first round. Inless there is a miracle that we can get Leon Hall, I don't want anyone out of the secondary...
I'd definately take Chris Houston round 1, also Darrelle Revis.

derza222
03-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Revis depends on his Pro Day, but I would take Houston in a heartbeat.

BroadwayJoe10
03-14-2007, 09:25 PM
yaa in an absolute heartbeat

Javes
03-15-2007, 02:42 PM

I agree as well, they need to upgrade the front seven first. You can have the best secondary in the league and with no pass rush the defense will be dissected.

BroadwayJoe10
03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I pray that scott is dead on with the Jets picks;

1:Darrel Revis
2a: Quentin Moses
2b: Ikaika Alama-Francis
3: Manny Ramirez

Addresses almost every need...Great value with the first two picks, to think that Quentin Moses was being touted as a first rounder about a month ago and it fulfills my love for getting Alama-francis....i dont know about everyone else but i think this would be close to a perfect draft in the 3 rounds, perfect on paper atleast

BroadwayJoe10
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
not too sure what that face is about but looking over that draft it makes me quite excited and hope that it stays that way...i know a lot of people were talking about not really wanting anyone from the secondary with the first pick but i think revis is an exception i would love to have this kid

Crickett
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I would absolutely love if the Jets got Ramirez in the third round. I'm a bit concerned he won't be there when the time comes though.

Young Nasty Man
03-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Love the draft scott gave us...At first I was questionable with the first pick of Revis becuase I really dont think I want a corner first round in less its Leon Hall. But, they way we closed wtih I-AF, QM, and MR, we can really give teams a new meaning of pain. This is all speculation and im not going to get my hopes up, but a draft like that is satisfying...

I was a little frusterated wtih Anthony Spencer and Brian Leonard going early becuase I wanted them...but, s**t happens and you move on....

BroadwayJoe10
03-15-2007, 10:50 PM
John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports Kent State CB Usama Young has already had a one-on-one workout with the New York Jets.

His results from his Pro Day workout on March 9th.
5'11, 196 lbs.
4.38, 4.40 40 time
43 inch vertical jump

havn't heard a bit from him but if theyre working him out then that says something

hcbrad08
03-28-2007, 10:51 PM
How would you all feel about this? any combination (I didn't want to change the position for any pick: so essentially: CB, WR, OG, ILB, OT, DT)

1) Darelle Revis CB or Chris Houston CB
2a) Craig Davis WR or Jason Hill WR
2b) Manny Ramirez OG ABSOLUTELY NO OR (he might hurt me)
3) Zak DeOssie ILB or Anthony Waters ILB
5) Chase Johnson OT or Ken Shackleford OT
6) Stanley Doughtey DT or Quintin Echols DT

El$anDollah
03-28-2007, 10:57 PM
With the addition of Bowens, I really don't know what they are going to do.

hcbrad08
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
anything youd like to see?

El$anDollah
03-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Personally, I kind of want a WR like Dwayne Jarrett.

Crickett
03-28-2007, 11:45 PM
How would you all feel about this? any combination (I didn't want to change the position for any pick: so essentially: CB, WR, OG, ILB, OT, DT)

1) Darelle Revis CB or Chris Houston CB
2a) Craig Davis WR or Jason Hill WR
2b) Manny Ramirez OG ABSOLUTELY NO OR (he might hurt me)
3) Zak DeOssie ILB or Anthony Waters ILB
5) Chase Johnson OT or Ken Shackleford OT
6) Stanley Doughtey DT or Quintin Echols DT

1. I need to question the Jets need or desire to acquire a wide receiver. They just took Brad Smith last year, have yet to cut Justin McCareins and could also take one later than the second pick.
2. Think Doug Free will be there in the third round? Remember, the last third round pick the Jets made that actually panned out was..... a right tackle.
3. With Bowens signed, an OLB day one seems much less likely, although I'd still hope they'd take a look at Jacob Ford day 2.

hcbrad08
03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
who do they take at that spot then?...probably a better question, what would your 1,2a,2b,3,5,6 look like? I know they took Smith but he is till developing and McCareins if he lasts this year will not be in NY in 2008 and LC is getting up there in age a burner who the Jets don't have like a Hill or Davis makes sense IMO

Crickett
03-29-2007, 01:29 PM
who do they take at that spot then?...probably a better question, what would your 1,2a,2b,3,5,6 look like? I know they took Smith but he is till developing and McCareins if he lasts this year will not be in NY in 2008 and LC is getting up there in age a burner who the Jets don't have like a Hill or Davis makes sense IMO

As long as the Jets get an OG and RT day one, the Jets can go any number of ways with the other two picks. Heck, they might end up with Greg Olson and Marcus McCauley! They've addressed a lot of needs in free agency this year acquiring David Bowens at OLB, Kenyon Coleman and I guess Michael Haynes at DE and Thomas Jones at RB.

Its just that I would think that if the Jets were looking for to replace Justin McCareins, he'd already be off the roster. Not to mention, what are the Jets going to do with a burner? At least while CP is at the helm.

hcbrad08
03-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Chad can't throw the deep ball like Bret Favre but he can drop a pass on a dime ala the bomb to Santana Moss against the Chargers. He can still do that just not consistently like a jay cutler or peyton manning. A burner will keep Defenses off balance regardless of CPs arm strength bc you still have to cover him ie Bethel Johnson or Dante Hall, it would help gain seperation for LC and JC that you can't get with Justin McCareins as the 3rd WR. Just bc the Jets haven't cut McCareins doesn't mean he won't be gone, there were several rumors or both barton and mccareins being packaged and other rumors that said each would be traded seperately, so the jury is still out on him... I think another WR is paramount for the Jets at this stage bc Clemens being the starter in 08 or 09 will need reliable targets to ease his transition into the starting role. A burner will help add depth to a solid recieving core and add an element that they're lacking and if he pans out could make the WR core great...just think:
1) Lavernues Coles
2) Jerricho Cotchery
3) Brad Smith
4) Jason Hill / Craig Davis (both I think are under rated and will be good NFL Wideouts)

derza222
03-29-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't think Hill or Davis make much sense for us. Unless you see Brad Smith or one of them developing into a #1 WR, and even if you do, our WR core would be strange. Cotchery is your prototypical #2, Smith probably will end up a 2 or a 3, and the same with Hill or Davis. So we'd need to get a #1 at some point, and when we do we'd have a WR who has #2 talent as our fourth guy, just doesn't seem to make much sense to me. The only WR I'd take in this draft is a possible #1 guy, which IMO is CJ or Meachem. Neither will fall to us in the first, and even if Meachem did I really don't like the idea of taking a WR that early this year. I think we can wait until next year.

Crickett
03-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Chad can't throw the deep ball like Bret Favre but he can drop a pass on a dime ala the bomb to Santana Moss against the Chargers.

Sure he can, but he does so rarely, why not just throw it to Laveranues Coles? Who I'd think at 29, still has 3-4 good years left (and a lot of garunteed money left on his contract).

He can still do that just not consistently like a jay cutler or peyton manning. A burner will keep Defenses off balance regardless of CPs arm strength bc you still have to cover him ie Bethel Johnson or Dante Hall, it would help gain seperation for LC and JC that you can't get with Justin McCareins as the 3rd WR. Just bc the Jets haven't cut McCareins doesn't mean he won't be gone, there were several rumors or both barton and mccareins being packaged and other rumors that said each would be traded seperately, so the jury is still out on him... I think another WR is paramount for the Jets at this stage bc Clemens being the starter in 08 or 09 will need reliable targets to ease his transition into the starting role. A burner will help add depth to a solid recieving core and add an element that they're lacking and if he pans out could make the WR core great...just think:
1) Lavernues Coles
2) Jerricho Cotchery
3) Brad Smith
4) Jason Hill / Craig Davis (both I think are under rated and will be good NFL Wideouts)

1. As much as I do want to see the Jets replace Justin McCareins, I have adopted the strategy regarding trade rumors of "I'll believe it when I see it".
2. A true burner IS something the Jets are lacking but considering how much better Santana Moss did once he left the Jets, I just think a deep threat would be wasted on the Jets roster. At least while Pennington is the QB.
3. Drafting a fourth receiver in the second round?

El$anDollah
03-29-2007, 10:14 PM
1. The reason why the Jets don't throw the long ball is because Pennys deep ball hangs in the air and I dont think they would want to test it during gametime after the surguries.
2. Justin wasn't utilized a lot and depth is needed. Overall talent is pretty low.
3. Besides, don't you want a WR to develop with Kellen(i.e. a best freind).

Crickett
03-30-2007, 12:02 AM
1. The reason why the Jets don't throw the long ball is because Pennys deep ball hangs in the air and I dont think they would want to test it during gametime after the surguries.

.........Yep.

3. Besides, don't you want a WR to develop with Kellen(i.e. a best freind).

uhhhhhhh, like Jerricho Cotchery?

Penny&thejets
04-01-2007, 09:21 AM
my mock.

#1.Justin Blalock
#2.Jason Hill
#2.Josh Beekman
#3.Brian Robison

El$anDollah
04-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Congratulations Mr.Penny on joining the crapshoot that is the New York Jets Forums. We could always use other opinions.

gang_green03
04-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Round 1: Anthony Spencer, Purdue, DE/OLB

With Carriker obviously gone and the big 3 corners as well I opted to improve the pass rush here. Spencer is good value at this point and should fit in nicely as a 3-4 OLB. Really broke out his senior season. He had 26.5 TFL to go along with 10.5 sacks. He’s got experience dropping back into coverage, but could still stand to improve in that area. Is solid against the run for his size, but needs to improve shedding blocks. Battle tested senior with a lot of experience. He’s very athletic and showed a lot of explosiveness during the senior bowl and workouts. Good motor and intangibles. Could end up being similar to another Purdue alum Shawn Phillips from the Chargers. Should be an excellent pass rusher for us and will give us a dangerous duo with Thomas. Blalock was another option but I feel Spencer is better value at this spot.

Round 2a: Eric Wright, UNLV, CB

1st round talent who dropped because of some character concerns. Good size for the position and is a great athlete. Excellent recovery speed. Blazed a 4.36 at the combine. Has a lot of potential, but is still raw. Like most rookies he needs to work on his technique. Got in trouble at USC (arrested for rape but charges were dropped, but police did find exctasy in his room that belonged to him and his roommate) and had to transfer UNLV. Some might say he’s not a “Mangini guy” but I think that he deserves a second chance. He’s worked hard to overcome his mistake and has been a model citizen since transferring to UNLV. Has the potential to be the best cover corner in this draft and is worth a shot here.

Round 2b: Ikaika Alama-Francis, Hawaii, DE

Big time talent, but also very raw since he didn’t play football in high school. Has the skills to be a great 3-4 end. Has a lot of experience at the position since Hawaii runs the 3-4. Very humble and hard working, great intangibles. Has great size and can get bigger. Very quick. To give a quick snapshot of some of his athletic ability he posted a similar number to Dwayne Jarrett, a WR, in the 3-cone drill (7.31 to Jarrett’s 7.28) at 280lbs! Great strength and very stout against the run. Understands how to get leverage. Great pass rushing skills, but needs to work on his awareness and pass rush moves. Could be a potential steal and become a dominant DE in a year or two. Mangini had dinner with him and the Jets might have shown the most interest in him out of any other team.

Round 3: Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech, OG

Arguably the strongest player in the draft. The man is a beast and will instantly upgrade our running game. Once he locks on its over and he will not get pushed back. Is fairly quick for his size and has a lot of experience in pass protection since he played for Texas Tech, but he will probably never be more than an average pass blocker. Not really athletic enough and might struggle in space. He is a team leader and I remember reading that he’s constantly studying film. Prototypical “Mangini guy.”

Round 5: Le'Ron McClain, Alabama, FB

I know I'll catch a lot of heat for this pick but I wanted to go offense here and this is where I feel the best value is. I initially thought RT, but I don't see the need for adding a marginal day 2 prospect here for depth, and all the talented ones that fall to day 2 because of technique issues will probably be gone by now. Then I thought WR but I don't like any of the day 2 prospects and don't feel the need to simply add depth. I almost put Yamon Figurs here to take over PR duties and grow into a potential speedy slot receiver, but we already have our project WR in Brad Smith and we don't need to take on another one at the moment. Then I looked to TE but, again, we have adequate depth and there is no need to add one here. I don't see any TEs with good potential lasting this long and Baker is solid, we don't need another fringe guy. So I finally decided on McClain. He should be able to come in and start for us immediately and he is a very good lead blocker, although he could still use improvement in that area. He's a big powerful guy, at almost 260lbs, and should be able to help us in the running game as both a blocker and short yardage back. He's also a great receiver out of the backfield and will help in the short passing game. Very good all around game and his intangibles are top notch. Jones and Washington will love running behind this guy.

Round 6: Quintin Echols, Kansas State, DT

Has the potential to be an excellent NT in our scheme. Good size and is very strong. Has the ability to take on multiple blockers. Pretty good awareness and plays with good leverage. Solid athleticism for his size. He's a monster against the run. Was a beast in the east/west shrine game and was practically immovable at times. He does get tired and his work ethic might be a question mark. Not really much of a penetrator or pass rusher. Should provide excellent depth and rotate in at NT to spell Robertson, and in time he could become starting NT material.

Tried to address all our needs and get good value. Let me know what you guys think...

woodsy10@
04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Interesting draft, but:

1. The Jets just signed David Bowens, so I don't think they will go after a hybrid OLB that early.

2a. Not a bad pick, but I doubt he would be around then.

2b. Great pick.

3. Same.

5. The Jets have signed Darian Barnes, who is a blocking FB. No way they take another.

6. Intriguing prospect, but will probably be a UFA. Still, the Jets don't have a 7th, so they might just take someone like him here.

Johnny4
04-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Round 1: Anthony Spencer, Purdue, DE/OLB

With Carriker obviously gone and the big 3 corners as well I opted to improve the pass rush here. Spencer is good value at this point and should fit in nicely as a 3-4 OLB. Really broke out his senior season. He had 26.5 TFL to go along with 10.5 sacks. He’s got experience dropping back into coverage, but could still stand to improve in that area. Is solid against the run for his size, but needs to improve shedding blocks. Battle tested senior with a lot of experience. He’s very athletic and showed a lot of explosiveness during the senior bowl and workouts. Good motor and intangibles. Could end up being similar to another Purdue alum Shawn Phillips from the Chargers. Should be an excellent pass rusher for us and will give us a dangerous duo with Thomas. Blalock was another option but I feel Spencer is better value at this spot.

Round 2a: Eric Wright, UNLV, CB

1st round talent who dropped because of some character concerns. Good size for the position and is a great athlete. Excellent recovery speed. Blazed a 4.36 at the combine. Has a lot of potential, but is still raw. Like most rookies he needs to work on his technique. Got in trouble at USC (arrested for rape but charges were dropped, but police did find exctasy in his room that belonged to him and his roommate) and had to transfer UNLV. Some might say he’s not a “Mangini guy” but I think that he deserves a second chance. He’s worked hard to overcome his mistake and has been a model citizen since transferring to UNLV. Has the potential to be the best cover corner in this draft and is worth a shot here.

Round 2b: Ikaika Alama-Francis, Hawaii, DE

Big time talent, but also very raw since he didn’t play football in high school. Has the skills to be a great 3-4 end. Has a lot of experience at the position since Hawaii runs the 3-4. Very humble and hard working, great intangibles. Has great size and can get bigger. Very quick. To give a quick snapshot of some of his athletic ability he posted a similar number to Dwayne Jarrett, a WR, in the 3-cone drill (7.31 to Jarrett’s 7.28) at 280lbs! Great strength and very stout against the run. Understands how to get leverage. Great pass rushing skills, but needs to work on his awareness and pass rush moves. Could be a potential steal and become a dominant DE in a year or two. Mangini had dinner with him and the Jets might have shown the most interest in him out of any other team.

Round 3: Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech, OG

Arguably the strongest player in the draft. The man is a beast and will instantly upgrade our running game. Once he locks on its over and he will not get pushed back. Is fairly quick for his size and has a lot of experience in pass protection since he played for Texas Tech, but he will probably never be more than an average pass blocker. Not really athletic enough and might struggle in space. He is a team leader and I remember reading that he’s constantly studying film. Prototypical “Mangini guy.”

Round 5: Le'Ron McClain, Alabama, FB

I know I'll catch a lot of heat for this pick but I wanted to go offense here and this is where I feel the best value is. I initially thought RT, but I don't see the need for adding a marginal day 2 prospect here for depth, and all the talented ones that fall to day 2 because of technique issues will probably be gone by now. Then I thought WR but I don't like any of the day 2 prospects and don't feel the need to simply add depth. I almost put Yamon Figurs here to take over PR duties and grow into a potential speedy slot receiver, but we already have our project WR in Brad Smith and we don't need to take on another one at the moment. Then I looked to TE but, again, we have adequate depth and there is no need to add one here. I don't see any TEs with good potential lasting this long and Baker is solid, we don't need another fringe guy. So I finally decided on McClain. He should be able to come in and start for us immediately and he is a very good lead blocker, although he could still use improvement in that area. He's a big powerful guy, at almost 260lbs, and should be able to help us in the running game as both a blocker and short yardage back. He's also a great receiver out of the backfield and will help in the short passing game. Very good all around game and his intangibles are top notch. Jones and Washington will love running behind this guy.

Round 6: Quintin Echols, Kansas State, DT

Has the potential to be an excellent NT in our scheme. Good size and is very strong. Has the ability to take on multiple blockers. Pretty good awareness and plays with good leverage. Solid athleticism for his size. He's a monster against the run. Was a beast in the east/west shrine game and was practically immovable at times. He does get tired and his work ethic might be a question mark. Not really much of a penetrator or pass rusher. Should provide excellent depth and rotate in at NT to spell Robertson, and in time he could become starting NT material.

Tried to address all our needs and get good value. Let me know what you guys think...
Great Job, very well thought out. If I could make one change it would be Blaylock for Spencer. I think Blaylock could start for us tommorrow at Guard or RT. How much is a player like that worth in today's market? (See the contract's Leonard Davis, Steinbach and others signed this year)

hcbrad08
04-07-2007, 12:08 AM
I really think we need to look at OT this year... I have a bad feeling about the team if we dont fix our RT issue Iknow we have clement and this line will have been together for another year but we need some SIZE for the future...Jones is undersized and could play G effectively but isnt the strong side T we need. Looking to help this year and years to come....

1) Aaron Ross CB
I know a lot of people would prefer Revis or Houston... But personally I think Ross is the most well rounded corner out of all of them and he can help out right away...I know a big knock on him is that he didnt have a lot of starting experience however if you look at his progression when he got a chance to start he capitalized, he;s 24 and is mature (REF: ESPN article about his GF and him both being worldclass athletes pushing each other) and fits the Mangini mold which I really think is important to projecting our picks... Also I think he'll be there at 25 unlike Houston or Revis (we'll see, basically I say RD 1 =CB)

2a) Jason Hill WR
I know a lot of you may question this pick however, this guy works his ass off and has been training hard to be in peak physical condition for the NFL (Reference interview with ESPNEWS)...He also would provide depth at a position that will need some in the next 2 years...I KNOW why are we drafting for the next 2 years? Well Tangini have signed a lot of FAs at positions they felt needed depth so they could take the BPA in the draft...That explains this pick, He's fast physical has a great work ethic is extremely mature and a team leader... I think if they take Hill it would also make the Clemens transition easier...Another possibility here is trading down into the early 3rd in order to draft a great value pick in Doug Free OT from Northern Illinois a big guy who fits the mold of the BIG RT we need on our OL another Mangini guy and not to mention we rack up more draft picks for this year or next year, one of the few things we know about Tangini's draft practices they aren't afraid to trade down and get who they want.

2b) Manuel Ramirez OG
This may seem like a reach to some seeing as how he is projected by many to go in the 3rd however I think he will or already has caught a team's eye with his physicality something that is essential for a guy in the Trenches. Mangini loves tough guys who are smart as well and Ramirez is easily seen as a leader...Also if this isn't enough to convince you look up USA Todays draft preview and look at the picture they have of Manny wrecking a DT wafter his helmet had been ripped off. I really think he's going to be a stud in the NFL despite the critics who say he's a system guy from Texas Tech

3) Zak DeOssie ILB
The mold of Mangini guy from Brown it doesn't hurt that hes 6'5'' 250. His only knock is that he played against lousy competition. Hehas the pedigree as his dad played in the NFL for the Jets for a bit. I think he is a defnite upgrade from our backup ILBs right now:Kassel who blew a huge coverage in the playoffs, Chatam whose been a career backup, is old and almost cost us a couple of games (I like him though for a backup), Barton might be gone and we don't know how Hobson will play inside...De Ossie may be able to play OLB as well and the Jets like versatility...For those of you who thought I forgot about our last 3rd rounder a ILB from Ohio state...Schlegel was 6'1'' 250 (heavier for height) and much slower at 4.85 (being generous)...From what I've seen of his play I would liken De Ossie to a B to B+ version of Bruschi but with Prototypical size which would make Mangini's mouth water.

5)Chase Johnson OT
If we don'ttrade down into the 3rd to grab Free this is the guy we need to bring in to bolster our OL...He reminds me of a slower Marcus McNeil who played against weaker competiton, but both were strong guys whose footwork was bad (and MCNEILLS WAS BAAAAAAAD) he became a probowl RT... we need a big guy for RT depth with starting potential...RTs like many have said are not found in the 1st round and many OTs come from the 5th and are very effective this is our guy unless we address this position earlier.

6) Jeremy Clark DT
I know a lot of people have been dropping the Quentin Echols bomb in the 6th but I think Clark is a better fit as a Mangni type player...Scout.com, Todd McShay and Wright think he;s a high motor hard working, intelligent guy. I think with our 6th rounder we need to draft DT in order to A) gain depth for D-ROB and SIONE POUHA B) Take a chance on a guy who 6'2'' 310 who fits the mold of a NT if he gets bigger (he can too) C) if he pans out then there is no need to go after a guy like the BC NT coming out next year and we can address something else we may need. regardless he's said to be a hard worker and would probably make the team and perhaps light a fire under someones ass, and all the sources I mentioned said he could be a better pro than college player.

TO RECAP
1) Aaron Ross CB: Helps our weak secondary.

2a) Jason Hill WR: New faster weapon to an offense that even with TJ could use one.

2b) Manuel Ramirez OG: Helps solidify a young line and brings the Killer instinct.

3) Zak DeOssie LB: Gives depth at mult. positions and would compliment Vilma nicely

5) Chase Johnson OT: Depth at OL and could be the Strong side RT we need for the future

6) Jeremy Clark DT: Depth for DL weve shown we want throughout FA. A BOOM for our DL?

Sorry for the long post but its a mock... Let me know what you think. If it happened I could see the team being much improved or at the very least deeper at a lot of positions that need to be. Let me know if you agree.

Crickett
04-07-2007, 04:25 AM
I really think we need to look at OT this year... I have a bad feeling about the team if we dont fix our RT issue Iknow we have clement and this line will have been together for another year but we need some SIZE for the future...Jones is undersized and could play G effectively but isnt the strong side T we need. Looking to help this year and years to come....

Interesting that you think the Jets should look at OT considering you don't have the Jets drafting one until the fifth round. As for Jones, I have no reason to think he can play OG and it doesn't seem like a good idea to stick Jones at a third position in four years.

2a) Jason Hill WR
I know a lot of you may question this pick however, this guy works his ass off and has been training hard to be in peak physical condition for the NFL (Reference interview with ESPNEWS)...He also would provide depth at a position that will need some in the next 2 years...I KNOW why are we drafting for the next 2 years? Well Tangini have signed a lot of FAs at positions they felt needed depth so they could take the BPA in the draft...That explains this pick, He's fast physical has a great work ethic is extremely mature and a team leader... I think if they take Hill it would also make the Clemens transition easier...Another possibility here is trading down into the early 3rd in order to draft a great value pick in Doug Free OT from Northern Illinois a big guy who fits the mold of the BIG RT we need on our OL another Mangini guy and not to mention we rack up more draft picks for this year or next year, one of the few things we know about Tangini's draft practices they aren't afraid to trade down and get who they want.

3) Zak DeOssie ILB
The mold of Mangini guy from Brown it doesn't hurt that hes 6'5'' 250. His only knock is that he played against lousy competition. Hehas the pedigree as his dad played in the NFL for the Jets for a bit. I think he is a defnite upgrade from our backup ILBs right now:Kassel who blew a huge coverage in the playoffs, Chatam whose been a career backup, is old and almost cost us a couple of games (I like him though for a backup), Barton might be gone and we don't know how Hobson will play inside...De Ossie may be able to play OLB as well and the Jets like versatility...For those of you who thought I forgot about our last 3rd rounder a ILB from Ohio state...Schlegel was 6'1'' 250 (heavier for height) and much slower at 4.85 (being generous)...From what I've seen of his play I would liken De Ossie to a B to B+ version of Bruschi but with Prototypical size which would make Mangini's mouth water.

If its to replace an aging veteran, that is one thing, but I really don't agree with the idea of drafting for depth. The Jets are not a Super Bowl team retaining 95% of their starters. I find it interesting that you say that the Jets signed for depth so they can go BPA, but most of their signings have been defensive linemen. A position many including people on this very forum think they will look to draft anyway. I've heard that Eric Barton is going to be traded but week after week passes and it doesn't happen. To me, with Jonathan Vilma, Eric Barton, Victor Hobson, Anthony Schliegal and Brad Kassel on the roster, I don't see why the Jets should get an inside linebacker at all. If this status quo changes, so will my opinion regarding the matter. But until Eric Barton is actually off the team, ILB seems to be one of the last things the Jets need.

5)Chase Johnson OT
If we don'ttrade down into the 3rd to grab Free this is the guy we need to bring in to bolster our OL...He reminds me of a slower Marcus McNeil who played against weaker competiton, but both were strong guys whose footwork was bad (and MCNEILLS WAS BAAAAAAAD) he became a probowl RT... we need a big guy for RT depth with starting potential...RTs like many have said are not found in the 1st round and many OTs come from the 5th and are very effective this is our guy unless we address this position earlier.

Sorry, but I really don't like the comparison to Marcus McNeil. Even at the draft, people gave me bull**** reasons as to why McNeil wasn't a first round prospect or why the Jets shouldn't draft him. He keeps his head down when he blocks, he's too tall, his recipe for eggplant parmesan sucks. McNeil was the complete package at OT. Dominant at pass blocking and run blocking. And he's a LT on the Chargers btw. There is no comparison, sorry.

hcbrad08
04-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Interesting that you think the Jets should look at OT considering you don't have the Jets drafting one until the fifth round. As for Jones, I have no reason to think he can play OG and it doesn't seem like a good idea to stick Jones at a third position in four years.

Jones is on the Depth chart as a guard and this will be his second year playing the position. His size and play at the position last year say he will stay there (if his play was bad at the pos. Mangini would have cut him bc of that DUI he got on Long island). He's not stout enough to play RT and is not good enough to play LT.

If its to replace an aging veteran, that is one thing, but I really don't agree with the idea of drafting for depth. The Jets are not a Super Bowl team retaining 95% of their starters.

The Jets did not gain one compensatory pick they didn't lose anyone important.

I find it interesting that you say that the Jets signed for depth so they can go BPA, but most of their signings have been defensive linemen. A position many including people on this very forum think they will look to draft anyway. I've heard that Eric Barton is going to be traded but week after week passes and it doesn't happen. To me, with Jonathan Vilma, Eric Barton, Victor Hobson, Anthony Schliegal and Brad Kassel on the roster, I don't see why the Jets should get an inside linebacker at all.

The backups are old and Schlegel never amount to more than an okay special teamer. you also forgot bryan thomas.

If this status quo changes, so will my opinion regarding the matter. But until Eric Barton is actually off the team, ILB seems to be one of the last things the Jets need.

Sorry, but I really don't like the comparison to Marcus McNeil. Even at the draft, people gave me bull**** reasons as to why McNeil wasn't a first round prospect or why the Jets shouldn't draft him. He keeps his head down when he blocks, he's too tall, his recipe for eggplant parmesan sucks. McNeil was the complete package at OT. Dominant at pass blocking and run blocking. And he's a LT on the Chargers btw. There is no comparison, sorry.

Sorry, I don't care if you don't liek my comparison how many times have you watched Wyoming play on ESPN U? I doubt you've ever seen Johnson play and your analysis is awful as to why Mcneill was "The complete package" McNeill's footwork sucked BADLY and he wasn't a first round prospect but he overachieved what you might call a "steal" also another reason he was not a 1st rder he had major injury concerns (with his back).

He played RT in the probowl. That's what I meant he projected for most to RT and played RT for two games for the chargers aswell and like I said which you didn't seem to look at "RTs like many have said are not found in the 1st rounds and many RTs come from the later rounds ie. 5th and are very effective this is our guy unless we address this position earlier. I advocated for drafting Doug Free in the early to mid third but because trades are hard to predict I gave this choice in the 5th. I would prfer to draft our next RT in the 3rd. Doug Free.

Probowl roster
Offense
WR 80 A.Johnson
T 78 T.Glenn
LG 66 A.Faneca
C 63 J.Saturday
RG 68 W.Shields
RT 73 M.McNeill
TE 88 T.Gonzalez
WR 85 C.Johnson
QB 18 P.Manning
RB 21 L.Tomlinson
FB 41 L.Neal

Crickett
04-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Jones is on the Depth chart as a guard and this will be his second year playing the position. His size and play at the position last year say he will stay there (if his play was bad at the pos. Mangini would have cut him bc of that DUI he got on Long island). He's not stout enough to play RT and is not good enough to play LT.

I just looked at the Jets depth chart at kffl. Adrian Jones is listed as a backup at every position except center. But has he ever actually PLAYED as a guard? In a game? Not that I remember.

The Jets did not gain one compensatory pick they didn't lose anyone important.

And they didn't get past the first round of the playoffs either. They could use upgrades in the starting lineup.

The backups are old and Schlegel never amount to more than an okay special teamer. you also forgot bryan thomas.

The backups are old? Wtf? There are literally 3 players on the Jets defensive roster who are over 30 years old. Bobby Hamilton, Andre Wadsworth and Kimo von Oelhoffen. None of who are locks to make the roster and all are defensive linemen.

Sorry, I don't care if you don't liek my comparison how many times have you watched Wyoming play on ESPN U? I doubt you've ever seen Johnson play and your analysis is awful as to why Mcneill was "The complete package" McNeill's footwork sucked BADLY and he wasn't a first round prospect but he overachieved what you might call a "steal" also another reason he was not a 1st rder he had major injury concerns (with his back).

I didn't think his back injury was that bad and IMO, very often pre draft injury concerns are overblown. Case in point, Heath Miller's hernia. McNeil excelled in pass blocking and run blocking in college and that translated to the pro's.

He played RT in the probowl. That's what I meant he projected for most to RT and played RT for two games for the chargers aswell

1. No he didn't play RT for the Chargers. He started all 17 games of the season and post-season at LT.
2. He played RT in the pro bowl because with the exception of Willie Anderson and Lincoln Kennedy before him, they don't elect right tackles to the pro bowl. The RT for the NFC team this past year was Flozell Adams. When did he ever play RT for the Cowboys?

and like I said which you didn't seem to look at "RTs like many have said are not found in the 1st rounds and many RTs come from the later rounds ie.

Mostly because I'm vey critical comparisons to players currently in the NFL. Comparing a fifth round offensive tackle to a linemen who made the pro bowl as a rookie implies he will be as good or nearly as good and that's just not the case.

El$anDollah
04-24-2007, 11:11 PM
I dont really have a good idea so I'll take my jabs at this.
1. Greg Olsen- many people see CB but I always think of how Shotty used Antonio Gates at SD and I think they can implement him and use Chris Bakers excellent blocking in 2 TE sets.
2a. Eric Wright- Justin Miller isn't progressing fast enough and help is needed.
2b.Manuel Ramirez- this is exactally what TJ needs. Big guy who will create big holes. Everyone wants him in the 3rd so we take him early.
3.Brian Robinson-I had no idea so I put him

Crickett
04-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I dont really have a good idea so I'll take my jabs at this.
1. Greg Olsen- many people see CB but I always think of how Shotty used Antonio Gates at SD and I think they can implement him and use Chris Bakers excellent blocking in 2 TE sets.
2a. Eric Wright- Justin Miller isn't progressing fast enough and help is needed.
2b.Manuel Ramirez- this is exactally what TJ needs. Big guy who will create big holes. Everyone wants him in the 3rd so we take him early.
3.Brian Robinson-I had no idea so I put him

Eric Wright scares me a lot. In a year where character concerns are becoming more of a concern, why should get the Jets with Eric Mangini of all people as the coach draft the player with the most of those?

Not to mention, taking Wright because Miller isn't progressing fast enough? Wright has played what, 22 games in college?

hcbrad08
04-25-2007, 12:20 AM
A better mock would be:
1) Trade down to the Bucs and get 2 more 2nd rounders
2a) OT-Blalock (Great Value at mult positions)
2b) CB-McCauley (a better character guy at CB)
2c) WR-Davis (physical WR who needs some good coaching polish)
2d) OG-Ramirez (you could trade down again & pick him up later but he's worth a reach)
3) LB-DeOssie (Fits the Mangini mold & will be his Bruschi)
5) LB-Black (Hard worker & a beast who knows how to BLITZ)
6) QB-Palmer (Little wrinkle & someone to bring comp. & depth after Tuiasosopo's gone, more realistic than you'd think)
7) OT-Parrish (Huge and a guy who can bring comp to RT with Blalock)

Crickett
04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
1) Trade down to the Bucs and get 2 more 2nd rounders

I'll just say one thing and leave it at that. If the Bucs had the #25th pick and the Jets had #35 and #64, would you do that deal?

A dream mock isn't necessarily a better mock.

Okay, that was two things.

hcbrad08
04-25-2007, 02:48 AM
1st of all you have way too simplistic analysis of the trade: you are looking at from the standpoint of the Jets now (a 10-6 winning team) and saying if we were in the BUCS (4-12) shoes we wouldn't do this, however the case is that they have problems within the organization that point to them trading up sometime in the draft. They aren't trying to develop for the future they want the best prospects period to try and win now. As opposed to the the Jets; we are acting in FA and will in the draft work for the present AND the future. Gruden and "his" bucs have become a cold comodity in Tampa since they won the SB in 2002 AND NEED TO START WINNING AGAIN AND FAST (7-9,7-9,11-5,4-12). If the Jets traded back from 25 to the 35 spot and got the 64th pick as well it works out in their favor on the trade value chart...and in terms of each team's status and philosophy I think this move makes sense for the bucs and the jets:

A)John Gruden is on the hot seat and is pressured to win now which is why there is no chance they draft Brady Quinn if he falls (even though an option like quinn is entincing with a 37 year old and a small injury prone decent QB) because he can't wait to develop a quarterback hence picking Calvin Johnson who fills an immediate need and can impact right away.

B)if they traded up to 25 they could draft a top safety in Meriweather or Griffin as both have been projected around 25. That also fills a need and gives them a guy who can make an impact right away.

C)They also need a DE who they could draft in the 3rd round (alama francis) and instead of stockpiling more picks for guys and getting better value and building for the future as the Jets have been doing they gain 3 guys who can make an impact in their 1st years.

D)Gruden and Bruce Allen work together on the draft like Tangini...Gruden will pick the ingredients for his meal and a trade up is not out of the question, especially since they've been talking about a trade up all week.

That was 5 no wait 6 oh no 7 things.

You cannot tell me that the New York Jets wouldn't be vastly improved as a whole with the draft I've mocked (Granted...with a trade that is impossible to predict but capable of happening)
Also, you talk so much sh!t and never put up a real mock of your own (and don't go to page 3 and find the 1 that you did put up with Tank Tyler at 2a because 1)you should be embarrassed at the picks and 2) You didn't make a definitive pick at any point inthe mock you put 10 possibilities for each spot in the draft. Put it up 1-6. I've made somebad mocks but at least I had the stones to put one out there (and defend it) you gave choices for each pick and still stunk it up and wiat for others to post so you can tell them your wrong because you cant come up with an original topic to start with (go review your posts)...also don't put BPA in a mock in round 5 or 6 bc that just shows you don't care about the tail end of the draft which I know al lot of people on this site do care about, and that you don't know what kind of player would be available or is of good value there or that your team could use or would take late (they're all long shot picks: but you can't argue with a position of need, a high motor guy, who's smart and a mangini player) I wanna see your mock and you start making some statements of your own instead of just commenting on what other people say.

Crickett
04-25-2007, 05:46 AM
1st of all you have way too simplistic analysis of the trade: you are looking at from the standpoint of the Jets now (a 10-6 winning team) and saying if we were in the BUCS (4-12) shoes we wouldn't do this, however the case is that they have problems within the organization that point to them trading up sometime in the draft.

Actually, I looked at from the standpoint of the Bucs, giving up a very early second and a late second for a late first. I looked at that and said, if I were a Bucs fan, that'd piss me off to no end if my team went and did that. So I asked, if it were the Jets, would you do it? Because if I were the Bucs, and I needed as much help as the Bucs do right now, I certainly wouldn't do that deal. This is a mimic of the Jets/Redskins trade with the Bucs playing the role of the Redskins. It didn't work out so well for the Redskins, but it worked out phenominally for the Jets.

They aren't trying to develop for the future they want the best prospects period to try and win now. As opposed to the the Jets; we are acting in FA and will in the draft work for the present AND the future.

And how is giving up a second round pick to move up 10 spots, from the top of the second round, where quality players always ALWAYS slip to... to the first round going to help them win now, later or whenever?

25. Jason Campbell, QB
35. Reggie Brown, WR

25. Ahmad Carroll, CB
35. Igor Olshansky, DE

25. William Joseph, DT
35. Charles Tillman, CB

25. Charles Grant, DE
35. Kalimba Edwards, DE

25. Freddie Mitchell, WR
35. Alge Crumpler, TE

A)John Gruden is on the hot seat and is pressured to win now which is why there is no chance they draft Brady Quinn if he falls (even though an option like quinn is entincing with a 37 year old and a small injury prone decent QB) because he can't wait to develop a quarterback hence picking Calvin Johnson who fills an immediate need and can impact right away.

He's not going to take Brady Quinn because he already has options at QB, a 37 year old QB who just happens to be one of the most sought after free agents this offseason and Simms... c'mon, his spleen exploded. Thats like calling Dennis Weathersby "injury prone". And then of course, Calvin Johnson, the best prospect in the draft might be there too. But I guess he'll have enough time to develop him, but not Quinn.

B)if they traded up to 25 they could draft a top safety in Meriweather or Griffin as both have been projected around 25. That also fills a need and gives them a guy who can make an impact right away.

C)They also need a DE who they could draft in the 3rd round (alama francis) and instead of stockpiling more picks for guys and getting better value and building for the future as the Jets have been doing they gain 3 guys who can make an impact in their 1st years.

And if they didn't trade up to 25, they could still get a top safety in Meriweather or Griffin or.... fill another need. They have many, especially along the defensive line, where they just lost two defensive ends, one of whom was one of the best pass rushers in the history of the NFL. Do you honestly think Alama Francis and his nine collegiate sacks can replace that?

You cannot tell me that the New York Jets wouldn't be vastly improved as a whole with the draft I've mocked (Granted...with a trade that is impossible to predict but capable of happening)

Oh sure, they'd be vastly improved if that happened, but they'd also be vastly improved if they drafted Gaines Adams, Calvin Johnson, Leon Hall, Laron Landry and Adrian Peterson. But that's not going to happen either.

Also, you talk so much sh!t and never put up a real mock of your own (and don't go to page 3 and find the 1 that you did put up with Tank Tyler at 2a because 1)you should be embarrassed at the picks and 2) You didn't make a definitive pick at any point inthe mock you put 10 possibilities for each spot in the draft. Put it up 1-6.

I didn't give a definitive pick because I look at this draft and I see a lot of ways the Jets can go. As long as they take one or two offensive linemen day one and don't draft an inside linebacker, defensive end or quarterback day one, I'll be happy, but since you want to show me up.

1. Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
2a. LaMarr Woodley, OLB, Michigan
2b. Manny Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
3. Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois
5. Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
6. Usama Young, CB, Kent State

2a. Aaron Sears, RT, Tennessee
3. Brian Robinson, OLB/DE, Texas
5. Chris Henry, RB, Arizona
6. Louis Leonard, NT, Fresno State

1. Justin Blalock, OG, Texas
2a. Tank Tyler, NT, - Go take a look where Scott has him projected to go. #56, which is 3 picks away from the Jets. Go to take your talk of this being "embarrassing" and shove it.
2b. Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware
3. Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
5. Jacob Ford, OLB, Central Arkansas
6. David Ball, WR, New Hampshire

1. Greg Olson, TE, Miami
2a. Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
2b. Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas
3. Josh Beekman, OG, Boston College
5. Johnnie Lee Higgens, WR, UTEP
6. Usama Young, CB, Kent State

Should the Jets cut ties with Justin McCareins:

1. Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
2a. Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
3. Tim Shaw, OLB, Penn State
5. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville - *crosses fingers*
6. Louis Leonard, NT, Fresno State

wiat for others to post so you can tell them your wrong because you cant come up with an original topic to start with (go review your posts)...also don't put BPA in a mock in round 5 or 6 bc that just shows you don't care about the tail end of the draft which I know al lot of people on this site do care about, and that you don't know what kind of player would be available or is of good value there or that your team could use or would take late

You're right. I guess I should go make a thread about Marquis Tuiasosopo (didn't even need to look it up) or one about the Jets talking to Tim Bowens. I'm sure that'll go over real well with Frog.

As for not caring about day 2, I'll just put it this way. I already have my draft ticket. Do you?

hcbrad08
04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
I'll see you there. I'll look for the guy cheering if we take Tank Tyler with 2a who is a bad character guy, a one gap DT and basically a very poor mans D-Rob (who you feeel the need to replace) with out the real talent to shoot up field.

About your Mocks the 1st one I would love to happen see what happens when you actually take a defiinitive stance.

Yea I posted the news of DAVID BOWENS and Marques and as I said went out on a limb and came up with my own opinion about something instead of looking at everyone elses posts and just disagreeing because I like to be an antagonist.

On that note don't ruin this forum with this bull, if you want to argue about this trade possibility which is what it is then PM me and if you want to come up with an original thought or opinion post it in a forum or you could just keep being unoriginal and leeching off of other peoples initial thoughts.

Crickett
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Yea I posted the news of DAVID BOWENS and Marques and as I said went out on a limb and came up with my own opinion about something instead of looking at everyone elses posts and just disagreeing because I like to be an antagonist.

On that note don't ruin this forum with this bull, if you want to argue about this trade possibility which is what it is then PM me and if you want to come up with an original thought or opinion post it in a forum or you could just keep being unoriginal and leeching off of other peoples initial thoughts.

Its called constructive criticism (or, at least I try to make it as constructive as I can). If you don't like it, its probably a bad idea to post a mock on a message board where people have the ability to respond to what you say.

As far as having a definitive mock, there are a lot of ways the Jets could go that I'd be happy with. That's why I posted so many different mocks. And none of them even included Anthony Spencer, who is someone else I wouldn't mind the Jets drafting.

woodsy10@
04-25-2007, 07:03 PM
1. Justin Blaylock, OG, Texas

The Jets need help on the offensive line, especially for run blocking. Blalock can play both OT and OG, though he would be better at OG, and he is both a team captain and had the highest Wonderlic score of anyone this year. After last year's successful draft, I suspect that Mangini and Tannenbaum will continue this style of drafting.

2a. Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii

This seems like one of those picks that you absolutely know will happen, even weeks before. The team has been consistently linked to Alama-Francis, and with the new signings on the DL the team can afford to let him learn the position more until a spot opens up.

2b. Eric Weddle, CB, Utah

Another sort of Mangini player, like Eric Smith from last year, but Weddle has more talent than Smith and could be taken before this. I doubt the team takes a 1st round CB, as in New England the team was able to do well with lesser cornerbacks.

3. Brian Robison, OLB, Texas

The Jets have also been linked with him, though not as much as with Alama-Francis. He plays DE for Texas, but would be much better (as he would be with the Jets) as a rush OLB.

5. Walter Thomas, NT, Northwestern Mississippi Community College

The NY Times article has raised his name among football fans, and as such he will definitely not go undrafted. Horribly raw, but anyone with his size and athleticism has to get a shot.

6. David Ball, WR, New Hampshire

Broke Jerry Rice's records, yet won't be drafted until around here. The Jets do need a WR, though not as badly as Mel Kiper and Todd McShay say, and Ball could pay off, like Wayne Chrebet.

BroadwayJoe10
04-25-2007, 07:09 PM
i havn't heard anyone talk about Le'Ron McClain in a while...it seemed as though a lot of people were pretty high on him for a while..although i dont mind drafting a wide reciever, i hope that we give this kid a look at our 5th or 6th...granted i have no idea where he is on ours or anyone elses board, i just liked him