PDA

View Full Version : Bly "unhappy" about Denver trade... HAHA!...

TacticaLion
03-04-2007, 07:13 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070304/SPORTS01/70304004/1048/SPORTS

NOTEBOOK: Cornerback Dreí Bly is unhappy the Lions traded him to Denver because he wanted to go to Washington, sources said. Bly is from Chesapeake, Va., and the Redskins were offering him a contract extension while the Broncos were not. The Redskins were offering cornerback Shawn Springs to the Lions. Though the Lions were interested, they preferred the Broncosí package of running back Tatum Bell, offensive lineman George Foster and a fifth-round draft pick for Bly and a sixth-rounder. Bly and his agent, Kennard McGuire, could not be reached for comment. Ö

Good. I'm not usually bitter, but i'm glad "Mr. Bly" didn't get his way. He wanted out and he got out.

Scotty D
03-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Shawn Springs for Dre Bly. Now there would have been some pitchforks raised after that one.

TacticaLion
03-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Shawn Springs for Dre Bly. Now there would have been some pitchforks raised after that one.Haha... I would've been furious.

So far, it seems like they've gotten players that WANT to be here. White/Curtis want to be here for Marinelli/Martz, and the rookies will want to be here to turn it around.

I like the direction.

Addict
03-05-2007, 02:22 AM
Shawn Springs for Dre Bly. Now there would have been some pitchforks raised after that one.

ain't nothin' better than a good ole riot with them pitchforks and torches every now and again.

But yeah, Springs for Bly would have been one crappy player for another. We got much better value out of this trade with Denver.

jbombul
03-05-2007, 08:23 AM
shawn springs still plays? wow what is he now 38? something about those redskin cornerbacks i mean darrell green played till he was 54

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 08:55 AM
shawn springs still plays? wow what is he now 38? something about those redskin cornerbacks i mean darrell green played till he was 54Haha... GREAT! At least we're not in that division... I would hate to watch Bly for another 20 years.

Addict
03-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Haha... GREAT! At least we're not in that division... I would hate to watch Bly for another 20 years.

I'd love to see him play in a Vikes jersey. Getting owned by Roy Williams twice a year, every year. That'd be a sight for sore eyes.

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd love to see him play in a Vikes jersey. Getting owned by Roy Williams twice a year, every year. That'd be a sight for sore eyes.At least wait until Kitna leaves for that. The thought of Bly returning a Kitna throw for a TD kinda makes me sick.

Addict
03-05-2007, 10:38 AM
At least wait until Kitna leaves for that. The thought of Bly returning a Kitna throw for a TD kinda makes me sick.

You know, I hate it when you're right.

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 10:42 AM
You know, I hate it when you're right.That's strange... I seem to enjoy it.

Har har har.

Addict
03-05-2007, 10:50 AM
That's strange... I seem to enjoy it.

Har har har.

Har Har Har. You sound like a pirate now.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

wingboy2999
03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah... he got what he deserved. He had no leverage nor did he even come out and say he wanted to get traded to a particular place (that I know of).

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Har Har Har. You sound like a pirate now.

Enjoy it while it lasts.Hehe...

He was also negative in the locker room...

if hell had a team, I would've sent him there.

Addict
03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Hehe...

He was also negative in the locker room...

if hell had a team, I would've sent him there.

If hell had a team... they'd probably have some nasty guys playing for them... Haynesworth comes to mind. Pacman would be another one. Probably a few busts who set their team back (Ryan Leaf?) and probably both McQuistan brothers, because they're just so damn ugly.

Wow. Hell's Angels (of course their team name would be the 'angels' sarcasm is for the devil). Imagine the roughing penalties. They'd have to constantly sign players out of FA just to keep their roster full, with all the suspensions and arrests those guys would have to put up with.

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 12:51 PM
If hell had a team... they'd probably have some nasty guys playing for them... Haynesworth comes to mind. Pacman would be another one. Probably a few busts who set their team back (Ryan Leaf?) and probably both McQuistan brothers, because they're just so damn ugly.

Wow. Hell's Angels (of course their team name would be the 'angels' sarcasm is for the devil). Imagine the roughing penalties. They'd have to constantly sign players out of FA just to keep their roster full, with all the suspensions and arrests those guys would have to put up with.That's not nice to say about the Bengals... only a few players ruin it for the rest of them.

Addict
03-05-2007, 01:03 PM
That's not nice to say about the Bengals... only a few players ruin it for the rest of them.

:D I'm sorry, I'm a very mean person.

By the way. Did you know that if you take the B out and switch the A and the E bengals becomes Angels?

And: B stands for Bašl (which, as you surely know is one of the names used for the devils).

I swear, this was ment to be.

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 01:49 PM
:D I'm sorry, I'm a very mean person.

By the way. Did you know that if you take the B out and switch the A and the E bengals becomes Angels?

And: B stands for Bašl (which, as you surely know is one of the names used for the devils).

I swear, this was ment to be.Wow... honestly... that's crazyness. You need to publish your findings.

Addict
03-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow... honestly... that's crazyness. You need to publish your findings.

I did. Now I'm in a mental health clinic. I mean I was. I mean I should be.

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
I did. Now I'm in a mental health clinic. I mean I was. I mean I should be.Haha. I think you mean you'll be back shortly.

Addict
03-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Haha. I think you mean you'll be back shortly.

Lol. Who knows. But let me tell you in about ten years they will find out the GM of the Bengals is in fact Satan and they will release me and give me a Nobel prize, a Pullizer prize AND an Oscar for my role as myself in a movie about how I unmasked the Bengals.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 02:06 PM
The lions suck, who cares?

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Lol. Who knows. But let me tell you in about ten years they will find out the GM of the Bengals is in fact Satan and they will release me and give me a Nobel prize, a Pullizer prize AND an Oscar for my role as myself in a movie about how I unmasked the Bengals.The, you'll get arrested for conspiracy for predicting the events on an internet forum 10 years earlier.

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 02:07 PM
The lions suck, who cares?The Cowboys can't seem to beat them and Romo can't seem to take a snap... so I guess I care.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh and Shawn Springs is 31 by the way, turns 32 in a week. That is still pretty young for a CB. He isn't old at all. He is acutally younger than Bly. Please check your sources before you post.

And wow the Lions got lucky and they beat us, big deal. Romo dropped a snap, that has nothing to do with how good of a QB he is. Have fun picking in the top 5 of the draft for atleast the next 10 years while we are SB contenders.

Addict
03-05-2007, 02:12 PM
The, you'll get arrested for conspiracy for predicting the events on an internet forum 10 years earlier.

OMG this is so much like the intro-monologue from that series 'Nmb3rs'

"I can't help but to see these patterns"

I am SO much like Charlie Epps.

TacticaLion
03-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh and Shawn Springs is 31 by the way, turns 32 in a week. That is still pretty young for a CB. He isn't old at all. He is acutally younger than Bly. Please check your sources before you post.He's over his prime, has declined in the recent seasons and has been in the league for 11 years... two years longer than Bly. Oh yeah... he's also older than Bly:

Dre' Bly
Position: DB
Height: 5-9
Weight: 188
Born: 05/22/1977
College: North Carolina
NFL Experience: 9

Shawn Springs
Position: CB
Height: 6-0
Weight: 200
Born: 03/11/1975
College: Ohio State
NFL Experience: 11

Genius. Please check YOUR sources before you post.

Oh yeah... and shut your mouth when you're taking to me.

Addict
03-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh and Shawn Springs is 31 by the way, turns 32 in a week. That is still pretty young for a CB. He isn't old at all. He is acutally younger than Bly. Please check your sources before you post.

And wow the Lions got lucky and they beat us, big deal. Romo dropped a snap, that has nothing to do with how good of a QB he is. Have fun picking in the top 5 of the draft for atleast the next 10 years while we are SB contenders.

Way to go pal. Insult the team on the page where it's fans post. Here's a tip for you: go to the nearby market and buy yourself A BRAIN.

TacticaLion
03-12-2007, 09:09 AM
A note about the Bly trade: should we have taken their 3rd round pick over one of the players?

I wonder this...

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-12-2007, 09:41 AM

Check your source TNewFan41. Bly will only be 30 this May. Shaun Springs turned 32 yesterday. Springs is 2 years older and coming off an injury prone season. I have confidence that the Lions can beat the Cowboys next year. One of the few games I have some confidence for the Lions. Cowboys have a new coach, all new systems, and have to rely on an inexperienced Romo. The Cowboys D fell apart at the end of last year. Hope things works out in Big D, but you are replacing a HOF coach.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133227
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4602

asmitty45
03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
A note about the Bly trade: should we have taken their 3rd round pick over one of the players?

I wonder this...

A valid point, but i think if when you can get two experienced players at positions of need over a 3rd rd rookie, id do it.

TacticaLion
03-12-2007, 11:52 AM
A valid point, but i think if when you can get two experienced players at positions of need over a 3rd rd rookie, id do it.True true.

I was thinking about trading back into the 1st round and drafting Willis (or another player). If we traded down in the first place (and received a 2nd and 3rd round pick), that would leave us with 2 2nd round picks and 3 3rd round picks... which is MORE than enough to trade back into the 1st round and still have ample picks in mid-late rounds.

What's done is done. Having Bell and Duckett should prove to be a solid rushing attack, and Foster gives us another starter on the OLine.

P-L
03-12-2007, 12:06 PM

Stay in the Cowboys forum. It is against the rules to come into another team's forum and bash that team. You weren't at all provoked so stay the **** out of our forum.

TacticaLion
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Stay in the Cowboys forum. It is against the rules to come into another team's forum and bash that team. You weren't at all provoked so stay the **** out of our forum.After some research, I found out that the Cowboys fans don't want him either.

detroit4life
03-12-2007, 12:56 PM
A valid point, but i think if when you can get two experienced players at positions of need over a 3rd rd rookie, id do it.

but im not sure Rb is necisarily a position of need and that was saying bell is worth a 3rd round pick which is not true willis mcgahee just got traded for a third didnt he? Im fienw ith the trade it helped a lot but i wonder if we could have gotten foster a 3rd and a 5th we'll never know tho...

It's also a shame we couldnt some how deal for al wilson

Addict
03-14-2007, 01:44 PM
After some research, I found out that the Cowboys fans don't want him either.

gosh, I wonder why

(this is my 400th post! YAY)

TacticaLion
03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
gosh, I wonder why

(this is my 400th post! YAY)Haha. Definately a well-spent post.

Addict
03-15-2007, 03:19 AM
Haha. Definately a well-spent post.

Well, I obviously wouldn't want to waste such a milestone of a post. So extravagant sarcasm seemed like the way to go.

Darn. Off to work. To go on posting there. :P I love my job.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Im so glad Bly is gone, ever since he threw Harrington under the bus, i have had respect for him. I am in no way a Harrington fan, but you just don't do that, thats when i realized how bad that team was messed up.

TacticaLion
03-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Im so glad Bly is gone, ever since he threw Harrington under the bus, i have had respect for him. I am in no way a Harrington fan, but you just don't do that, thats when i realized how bad that team was messed up.I wish we could've gotten more than a 5th round pick from him... but I'm glad that he's gone.