PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Approching Hue Jackson!

MooshooGawd
01-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I suggested this months ago. (Sorry, I have to brag)

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/01/ravens_coaches_in_demand.html

This says that Marvin has approached Hue Jackson about running our offense. I think it would be a tremendous move. Hue did a lot of great things with Flacco this year, he's was a pretty good OC with Chris Redman last year in Atlanta, plus he's been in Cincy before and was a mentor to TJ, Chad and Chris Henry.

derza222
01-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Apparently Jackson is also a favorite to be offered the OC in New York job if Rex Ryan comes to the Jets and Schottenheimer leaves. Given that's a pretty unlikely scenario because Schottenheimer probably isn't going to leave in a lateral move since the Jets would have to OK it and there's no way in hell he gets a HC job somewhere, I don't think that's something the Bengals have to worry about. But it is out there. I still think given the choice Jackson would choose the Bengals though, and is a great OC option for either team. How great would it be for Bratkowski to be out the door in Cincy!?!

hobbes2053
01-18-2009, 08:59 PM
How great would it be for Bratkowski to be out the door in Cincy!?!

Simply put.. a godsend.

themaninblack
01-18-2009, 10:13 PM
I suggested this months ago. (Sorry, I have to brag)

I think most of us around here have wanted this to happen even a year ago. Hue would be awesome here and the job could be very intriguing for Coordinators out there looking for a job.

PalmerToCJ
01-19-2009, 01:11 PM
This would be spectacular. Can't go down from Bratkowski and Jackson already has the respect of the locker room, not to mention he's done pretty well for himself as a play caller.

I'm still mad we didn't bring him in last offseason so he'd already be on the staff and could just be promoted.

AkiliSmith
01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I heard it was just a rumor started by the writer of the article and has no merit to it whatsoever.

I hope it happens anyways.

PalmerToCJ
01-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah apparently it's just people using vague quotes and presenting it as rumor when it's really just speculating. Either way there could definitely be truth to it.