PDA

View Full Version : Clint Sintim

proshoota25
01-21-2009, 12:42 PM
I know most of the guys on here are big Sintim fans and would be thrilled to have him be picked up by the Pats with our first round pick. Apparently, he has been sucking big time at the Senior Bowl, do you still think he is worth a first round pick? Do you think the Pats would still pick him if his value is plummeting? Maybe he will be available in the second...

Bigburt63
01-21-2009, 02:26 PM
If he's there in the 2nd (our first 2nd) I would be screaming if we didn't jump on him fast...lol, that card would have to be up there in 10sec

Don Vito
01-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Sintim has everything we look for in a linebacker; he is big, athletic, great at getting to the QB, tough, and instinctive. He could play outside as well as inside in our scheme and that versatility would be extremely valuable, but I've heard he has been underperforming in Mobile as well. We shouldn't write him off but we should definitely keep an eye on his showing at the Senior Bowl, I still like him with our first rounder. We'll see.

Cronin
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah, after hearing about his under-performance at the Senior Bowl, it seems even more likely that he could drop to the 2nd round, and hopefully be there when our picks up!

proshoota25
01-21-2009, 06:50 PM
ok so if he drops into the second.... who do the patriots pick? one of the corners, mooore, smith, or what you guys thinking?

Bigburt63
01-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Alphonso Smith...screams patriots to me, and i love him as a prospect. Although Moore would have to get a hard look there as we could use a safety badly (but I doubt with such a weak safety class that he falls to us).

hannah73
01-22-2009, 11:15 AM
There was a LB from Virginia not too long ago who was supposed to be a high pick ended up undrafted.

I'm just saying, guys who are seemingly productive on the field can for some reason drop quite a bit. Not just a round or two.

Hard to fathom why, but you and I don't have the information GMs have.

There was a 1st round safety prospect named Brandon Browner who came out early, and ended up undrafted. Not saying Moore is like that but the stories about him not being that great in coverage....that's not too good for a safety.

Smith does seem like a better Ellis Hobbs...not sure if he's a 1st round pick or not.

I'd like to see them draft the TE from OKState. They need a TE who can block and catch the ball without looking like he's fighting it.

Maybe a DE/DL somewhere but I don't know who'd be best a 3-4 end. Maybe they can get one or train one cheap, later in teh draft.

I think BB said that Oscar Lua not starting his senior year wasn't necessarily negative of him b/c he was probably behind "one of the best LBs in teh country (Mauluga)". Maulaga seems to have dropped a bit though.

Nalej
01-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I say we still grab him with the first pick... I think if we have the chance to get him
we do it on our first opportunity.
I'm actually glad to hear that he may not be livin up to his hype...
'cause right now he'll ideally drop to us... but with good workouts his stock'll rise and then he'll get picked up before we ever have the chance.

It's not like we've never drafted someone in the 1st round that everyone else thought was a reach... i.e. Logan Mankins.

I say we work on our secondary and OL in the 2nd...
unless of course a "first-rounder" falls to us...
one of those... the value is too high for us NOT to take him.
I have no examples of WHO that could be but you know what I mean.

FlyingElvis
01-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Safety, LB, OL or DT/E

Any will be fine by me. In Bill & Scott, er, just Bill we trust. :(

AntoinCD
01-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I think if Sintims stock has dropped far enough that he may last to the second at our pick then we go either Alphonso Smith or Sean Smith. Sean Smith gives a bit of versatility on the back end and his draft stock could go up in the next few months

hannah73
01-27-2009, 09:24 AM
He's too sluggish in space. Reminds me a little bit of a poor man's Colvin who was a 5th round pick IIRC, although he was a steal obiously.

Just saying you can get these guys without spending a 1st round pick on them.

1st round picks are supposed to be elite, near can't miss, contribute almost immediately.

I think Alphonso Smith is who they'll pick. Him or Pettigrew TE from OK STate. He's a great blocker and can catch without fighting the ball like Watson.

They might pick longshot Percy Harvin from Fla.

hannah73
01-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, after hearing about his under-performance at the Senior Bowl, it seems even more likely that he could drop to the 2nd round, and hopefully be there when our picks up!

Why would you want to pick him up at all if he's underperforming?

Maybe his big league potential is over stated. There have been tons of high college performers don't do as well in the NFL. Big fish, small pond so to speak in college.

Bigburt63
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Why would you want to pick him up at all if he's underperforming?

Maybe his big league potential is over stated. There have been tons of high college performers don't do as well in the NFL. Big fish, small pond so to speak in college.

because one week in Mobile doesn't mean we have to ignore 4 years or so at a high level program in a BCS conference.

Babylon
01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
He had pretty nice sack numbers rushing the QB this year but he's a stiff in space. With that 1st pick we (former season tkt holder) should target Percy Harvin up front and if he's gone go after Cushing/DJ Moore/Alphonso Smith.

By the way, what is the chance that Cassel gets traded before the draft seeing as Brady is projected to be ready by opening day?

FlyingElvis
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
My completely unsubstantiated hunch is that Cassel is going to be trade bait all the way, so he'll be dealt by/on draft day. We'll never get any reliable news until the Pats have gotten everything they want for the guy.

I think they'll be willing to rely on O'Connell for a few games if necessary.

Babylon
01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
My completely unsubstantiated hunch is that Cassel is going to be trade bait all the way, so he'll be dealt by/on draft day. We'll never get any reliable news until the Pats have gotten everything they want for the guy.

I think they'll be willing to rely on O'Connell for a few games if necessary.

What's the going rate?

Bigburt63
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Probably a first and then maybe a conditional pick of some sort or a future pick, or a third rounder or something...he has way more NFL experience than Schaub ever did and look what the texans gave up for him.

we are
04-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Bump....

do you think if he falls to the late second round a team could draft him to play MLB?

Bigburt63
04-01-2009, 06:07 PM
He would be very under-utilized at MLB. His best abilities are rushing the passer, OLB in a 3-4 is perfect for him...seeing as thats what he did in college.

nepg
04-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Darryl Blackstock, Kai Parham, and Ahmad Brooks all looked like great fits for the Patriots and the NFL when they came out...
________
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Bigburt63
04-02-2009, 08:05 AM
But Sintim is actually good, or at least he is a much better prospect.

ElectricEye
04-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Sintim is better than all of them. Better pass rusher, better all around game.

It doesn't matter much though, considering Matthews is blowing it up and is an even better fit for us :)

TNPatsFan
04-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Sintim is one of my favorite players in this draft for the Pats, but I agree Matthews might be ahead of the rest. Also you have to believe the fact that Matthews was a standout on special teams gives him an extra star in Belichick's book. He loves those special teamers.

nepg
04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Sintim is better than all of them. Better pass rusher, better all around game.

It doesn't matter much though, considering Matthews is blowing it up and is an even better fit for us :)

He's not a better prospect than any of them. Definitely not a better pass rusher than Blackstock was, and Parham & Brooks were ILBs (was just making point about UVA LB's).
________
AlisiaZ cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/AlisiaZ)

ElectricEye
04-02-2009, 11:43 AM
He's not a better prospect than any of them.
Scouts and NFL teams would beg to differ. Sintim is being looked at in a different light than those guys.

Don Vito
04-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Scouts and NFL teams would beg to differ. Sintim is being looked at in a different light than those guys.

Yeah, Sintim is the most polished of the recent UVA LB prospects. Blackstock was a great DE/OLB in college, but he really didn't project well to any NFL position. He could've been a solid 3-4 OLB, but he was drafted to play LB in a 4-3 by the Cards. I think Sintim is a much better all around player then Blackstock, I would be very happt if we got Sintim at 34.

Babylon
04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I dont see him in New England. They arent taking him at #23 and the only way he'd be considered later is if the following are gone:

Brown
Barwin
Matthews
English
Maybin

FlyingElvis
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I haven't seen anyone rank Barwin ahead of Sintim. On this site, talking heads on the tube, NFLNetwork or NFL.com "experts" . . . everyone has Sintim as a 1st round prospect and none have Barwin as such.

Babylon
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I haven't seen anyone rank Barwin ahead of Sintim. On this site, talking heads on the tube, NFLNetwork or NFL.com "experts" . . . everyone has Sintim as a 1st round prospect and none have Barwin as such.

A lot of mocks on this site have Barwin going to the Pats or the Phins (granted there are a million mocks on here) and no everyone doesnt have Sintim as a 1st rounder. Sintim doesnt come anywhere near Barwin as far as an athlete or potential goes.

FlyingElvis
04-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I think the mocks have Barwin going high b/c of the recent media hype about NE showing interest in him. Which is where my opinion that NE is interested in him as a round 2 prospect rather than @ 23 comes into play.

People hear NE is interested and just throw the guy into the 1st spot listed for NE. IMO, Barwin is a guy they like in round 2 if they can't get one of the more polished prospects @ 23. Or, since it is Bill B drafting, what ever position they will surprise everyone with as their main target for that 23 spot.

ElectricEye
04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
I would put Barwin ahead of Sintim right now. I wouldn't prefer him to a certain extent, but Connor Barwin has absolutely scary athleticism. Sintim is really polished, but his ceiling is nowhere near as high.

FlyingElvis
04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
You guys are killing me. Everytime I start to like a player somewhere you tell me he's going higher than that.

Quit crushing my hopes!!

:D

Babylon
04-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I think the mocks have Barwin going high b/c of the recent media hype about NE showing interest in him. Which is where my opinion that NE is interested in him as a round 2 prospect rather than @ 23 comes into play.

People hear NE is interested and just throw the guy into the 1st spot listed for NE. IMO, Barwin is a guy they like in round 2 if they can't get one of the more polished prospects @ 23. Or, since it is Bill B drafting, what ever position they will surprise everyone with as their main target for that 23 spot.

I don't think other teams needed Belichek to sell them on Barwin, his production this year, versatility and athletic ability did that for them.

FlyingElvis
04-06-2009, 08:54 AM
I did not mean that to imply the Patriots' interest in Barwin is the reason for everyone else's interest.

I only meant that b/c it has been reported NE is interested it is automatically assumed that they are interested in him as their 1st round pick.

TNPatsFan
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM
It's an interesting phenomenon, the media and draft fans like us try to analyze the Pats draft and predict who they will take by identifying a certain type of player that the Pats go for and that other teams apparently don't.

Every year we have these "Patriots-type-of-player" prospects that get identified and projected to the Pats in the first round, just like the Leonard kid from Rutgers a couple years ago. He was a 2nd to 3rd round prospect but people were projecting him to the Pats in round 1 because they identified him as that special kind of player the Pats like. In the end he got drafted late second round, right where he should have, and not by the Pats. I can see the same kind of thing happening here with Barwin.

Bigburt63
04-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Sintim is still my favorite OLB prospect for the pats in this draft.

nepg
04-06-2009, 11:11 AM
It's an interesting phenomenon, the media and draft fans like us try to analyze the Pats draft and predict who they will take by identifying a certain type of player that the Pats go for and that other teams apparently don't.

Every year we have these "Patriots-type-of-player" prospects that get identified and projected to the Pats in the first round, just like the Leonard kid from Rutgers a couple years ago. He was a 2nd to 3rd round prospect but people were projecting him to the Pats in round 1 because they identified him as that special kind of player the Pats like. In the end he got drafted late second round, right where he should have, and not by the Pats. I can see the same kind of thing happening here with Barwin.

Leonard didn't get drafted by the Pats because they didn't need a RB. They had the same player on the roster already in Sammy Morris or Heath Evans. It was fairly easy to predict that they'd try to trade their picks in that draft because they didn't have any room on the roster. Outside of Meriweather (who most had pegged going to the Pats if Nelson was gone), they had to take guys that might make the practice squad if they couldn't trade the picks.
________
LonelyCat (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/LonelyCat/)