PDA

View Full Version : Shane Vereen RB/CB Cal

rainbeaukid2
03-04-2007, 10:34 PM
incoming freshman to Cal. he will either play at RB or CB this year and should get some playing time regardless of the position. he is very quick and deceptively fast. any other thoughts on him or his future?

WildDude
03-05-2007, 12:10 AM
well he wont get PT on the offensive side thats for sure but yeah hes got potential to do some damage defensively

snuff
03-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Forsett???

yourfavestoner
03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Played against him twice in high school, and he's damn good. And as good as he was as a runningback, he's just as good at corner. He just blankets people around the field.

RWFender1
03-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Vareen should get playing time as corner but I think he will probably be sprinkled in at RB just like Lynch was as a freshman. Forsett probaly isnt used to carrying the full load and will need another RB to come in periodically

elway777
03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Im on some of his highlight film unfortunately.

RWFender1
03-05-2007, 04:50 PM
why unfortunately? because USC will play him? anything can happen but im not worried about him as a threat next year being that we shutdown lynch and this guy is a freshman but it will be fun to watch him play in all the other Pac 10 games

elway777
03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
why unfortunately? because USC will play him? anything can happen but im not worried about him as a threat next year being that we shutdown lynch and this guy is a freshman but it will be fun to watch him play in all the other Pac 10 games

What? I was talking about myself actually being on some of highlight film in high school trying to tackle him on a kick return.

RWFender1
03-05-2007, 06:39 PM
you played against him?? thats awesome

rainbeaukid2
03-05-2007, 07:25 PM
What? I was talking about myself actually being on some of highlight film in high school trying to tackle him on a kick return.

what school? we played him this year, and thankfully he is 2 years older than me so i hadn't gotten called up to play varsity yet, i didn't have to face him

WildDude
03-05-2007, 09:38 PM
what school? we played him this year, and thankfully he is 2 years older than me so i hadn't gotten called up to play varsity yet, i didn't have to face him

THANKFULLY? id be honored if i were to play with him!

TheMikey10
03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
hes a step below the other freshman, jahvid best, so hell have some carries, not many though, but he could see time at CB with mixon gone

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-05-2007, 11:36 PM
yah Ill take Best.

WildDude
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Theres also Mike Montgomery who was a highly thought recruit who should vy for the 2nd spot right away hes a rs.FR so he basically is in the same class

critesy
03-05-2007, 11:39 PM

i wanna see this vid :D

elway777
03-06-2007, 08:13 AM

Trabuco Hills, and his quaterback was Californias alltime leading passer Micheal Herrick. Talk about dynamic duo right?

RWFender1
03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
what position do you play?

yourfavestoner
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Trabuco Hills, and his quaterback was Californias alltime leading passer Micheal Herrick. Talk about dynamic duo right?

Well, I had to play them two years in a row. My junior and senior seasons in the playoffs. And we almost beat them my senior year, too.

elway777
03-06-2007, 07:47 PM
what position do you play?

WLB, and YFS we got whooped. 66-44 or soemthing along those lines.

And media may have Jahvid Best more touted than Vereen but I don't buy into that. It's Best's track numbers that put him over Vereen.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
There's no way Veeren gets time at RB over Jahvid Best. He is a monster, and too bad he didn't come play for the Irish. Though it's fair we had 2 RB recruits in the class.

rainbeaukid2
03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
THANKFULLY? id be honored if i were to play with him!

i would, in theory, be happy to play with him, but i would be playing against him and i am on special teams so i would have gotten chewed out once he got a touchdown against us

rainbeaukid2
03-06-2007, 09:25 PM

ya, too bad herrick wasn't that hyped coming out of high school as he had a really good career. nice guy too as i was friends with his sister

holyschmidt
03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
The biggest reason he chose Cal over hometown USC and UCLA was because Cal offered him as a rb and USC/UCLA offered him as a corner. He WANTS to play on offense, so I highly doubt you see him at corner no matter how highly regarded he is there. I think he and Best probably should redshirt(jmo), because with Forsett/James Montgomery/Tracy Slocum there isn't much PT at rb. Thoug I can see them being forces on kick returns like Marshawn was his freshamn year.

WildDude
03-06-2007, 10:04 PM
i would, in theory, be happy to play with him, but i would be playing against him and i am on special teams so i would have gotten chewed out once he got a touchdown against us

true that but i always can say that myron rolle ran by me while i was playing defense which is a pretty cool thing