PDA

View Full Version : T.J. Houshmanzadeh

gpngc
01-26-2009, 09:38 PM
I've read multiple reports today indicating that we are interested in unrestricted free agent WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh.

I personally don't like him much but I do think he is a pretty good player and would help the team. Worth the price we'd have to pay? Not in my opinion, but I'm biased because I flat-out don't like the guy (kinda like summond feels about Crabtree LOL:p ).

What REALLY scares me about this:

A) If we really do get him, we'd probably have to overpay (that's just the nature of the business these days). Considering he is a solid but not game-changing player, I don't think it's worth it.

B) If we did sign him, that would most likely decrease the chances we take Crabtree.

cacksman
01-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Housh is a very good WR. I'm just not sure if he is a #1 WR. He has what you look for in a WR for your team: runs good routes, has great hands, hard work ethic, but he just doesnt have that go-to-guy feeling. He is also pretty old, I think around 30 years old.

I wouldnt be severely disappointed if he signed with us, but I have a feeling he will sign for more than he is worth somewhere. I also really want us to get Crabtree.

OneToughGame
01-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Housh is a very good WR. I'm just not sure if he is a #1 WR. He has what you look for in a WR for your team: runs good routes, has great hands, hard work ethic, but he just doesnt have that go-to-guy feeling. He is also pretty old, I think around 30 years old.

I wouldnt be severely disappointed if he signed with us, but I have a feeling he will sign for more than he is worth somewhere. I also really want us to get Crabtree.

No you don't. :)

summond822
01-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Houshmanzadeh is probably my favorite FA on the market, other than Albert Haynesworth and Leroy Hill.

He is a #1 WR (IMO), and truly has been for years. He was the reliable one in Cincinnati. While Chad Johnson (Ocho-Cinco w/e) was catching headlines, Houshmanzadeh was catching TD's. He would be a great asset to the team. He is also a great complement to Burleson and Branch. He might actually be a replacement for Engram (which would kinda suck...).

The Seahawks have enough room under the cap to spend some money, so I think they are going to make a splash in FA. Houshmanzadeh would be great. He would also make it so we probably don't take Crabtree (bonus IMO :P)

jballa838
01-27-2009, 06:01 PM
I like him too. He is pretty solid and would fit in well.