PDA

View Full Version : So what does everyone think of Rick Neuheisel ?

ChefMike
03-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Is this guy going to bring an exciting Offense with Billick or is he just going to be a yes man for Brian and run the offensive practice during the week so Brian can focus on other aspects of the game plan ?

niel89
03-05-2007, 01:12 AM
i think a yes man who will manage the offense. Billick has said he is still gonna handle playcalling

Bohleive
03-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Is this guy going to bring an exciting Offense with Billick or is he just going to be a yes man for Brian and run the offensive practice during the week so Brian can focus on other aspects of the game plan ?

I think Neuhiesel will at some point take over playcalling this season. I actually have a lot of faith in him. He's had two years in the system, and unlike Fassel, I think he can be trusted to check his ego at the door and work at running Billicks system, instead of trying to create his own within that umbrella. I believe that he will operate that way because he's never been an NFL head coach, or even an NFL assistant coach before the Ravens (I think) and he's not Billicks buddy, he's his employee. I also think that he's got a good offensive mind on his shoulders, unlike other former ravens OC's (*cough* Cavanaugh *cough*).

BigDawg819
03-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Rick Neuheisel is an offensive guy and has been in the system here for 2 years and is a former QB himself from UCLA and was a tutor for Aikman at UCLA. He was brought here to resurrect his career and to be the future offensive coordinator. Billick likes to surround himself with guys he trusts and Rick Neuheisel is one of those guys. He will use the system that Coach brought into effect last year but will also implement some of his own knowledge. He's not going to be a "yes man" to Coach, thats not condusive to a winning atmosphere. Besides Coach calling the plays will be a good thing for the offense and the players like his style and tempo of play calling.

ChefMike
03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Don't take what I am saying as a distrust in Neuheisel. I like him a lot, I like the fact that he has always been a good offensive mind and done well in the past on the offensive side of the ball. Yes you are correct about his coaching tenure in the NFL this is his first gig in the NFL...